GUILTY VA - Noah Thomas, 5, Pulaski County, 22 March 2015 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not make sense of that article. It feels like a random sentence generator spit most of it out and he tried to make it all fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL...I agree. I do appreciate that is bothering to really try to track down more of the story, that he is making the calls and getting interviews. I am glad someone is. However, he really should take a basic writing class or have someone proof his posts for him before he publishes them. If he is going to break news in a written report, he needs an editor just like any other writer.

If your 'system' works the same as ours over here on the other side of the border, if children are taken into care, it's great to have family members become the caregivers to provide that familiarity for the kids.... but.... they would have to be approved.. much the same as a foster parent has to be approved, except the approvals process likely wouldn't be AS strict for family members. They'd have to have their home looked at to ensure it meets all of the safety and space requirements, they would run police checks on them, something filled out by their doctor would have to be provided, they'd probably make the family members fill out questionnaires on how they'd deal with given issues that could arise, etc. Fosters also have to provide various types of references, so family carers may also be required to provide same. Over here, one of the parents would have to be a stay-at-home carer for that age group. Another stipulation is that (over here at least) foster parents must prove they have a source of income. CAS would likely still make their regular home visits. It wouldn't just be automatic that family would be allowed to raise the kids, I wouldn't think, even if things are different over there, considering the child was removed by the agency/authorities.

I'm not sure there is a lot of healthy home having relatives to choose from in this family, sadly

I try that but then mine starts asking questions that we have all answered here for each other and I get annoyed that he doesn't instantly know the entire case history.

I just say it and walk off so I don't get mad!

I try that but then mine starts asking questions that we have all answered here for each other and I get annoyed that he doesn't instantly know the entire case history.

I got all excited earlier telling my husband that Courtney & I not only share a bday but she married her 1st husband on the same date that we married (my 2nd marriage) and he looked at me like I had 3 heads and said "who is Courtney". Men ..

Unfortunately, even though it was done to try to 'help', those 2 men tampering with the 'lid' like that, and the 'poles', ahead of the police, may end up working in the defence's favor once this goes to trial... that is *in* the event that the parents ultimately get charged with causing poor Noah's death (to put it nicely), and they end up going to trial for that.

And why state that your fingerprints are all over the lid and poles?? That's all I'm going to say about that. Zipping my lips.

Except, haha, is did they also tell LE what other items they touched while searching had their prints on it?

To push stuff down into the septic tank? If there is a swimming pool on one of those properties owned by the landlord there, the long poles are used for putting attachments on the end to fetch leaves and vacuum the pool, etc. Is there one in that block of properties?

I wonder what those 2 metal poles that just happened to be "lying around" by the septic tank were used for. I don't generally have long metal poles lying handily around my yard.

To push stuff down into the septic tank? If there is a swimming pool on one of those properties owned by the landlord there, the long poles are used for putting attachments on the end to fetch leaves and vacuum the pool, etc. Is there one in that block of properties?

Pool skimmers was my thought too.

There is no pool, per Angel, unless it was behind the mobile home.

i thought the same thing!

I got all excited earlier telling my husband that Courtney & I not only share a bday but she married her 1st husband on the same date that we married (my 2nd marriage) and he looked at me like I had 3 heads and said "who is Courtney". Men ..

And our husbands share the same name!

Unfortunately, even though it was done to try to 'help', those 2 men tampering with the 'lid' like that, and the 'poles', ahead of the police, may end up working in the defence's favor once this goes to trial... that is *in* the event that the parents ultimately get charged with causing poor Noah's death (to put it nicely), and they end up going to trial for that.

Nobody has been charged with Noah's murder. If these parents were so neglectful they let their child run around the neighborhood, it is entirely possible he died on somebody else's property and the two men were trying to create an explanation for why their prints would be on the lid.

JMO

It is interesting that we all read the same thing and had different take aways.

I did not wonder about the metal poles at all.

I did wonder if the LEO that poked around in the septic came to the same conclusions the two men did. I wondered if they held on to that information for a few days, guessing that he was in there and just waiting for something with one of the parents to break. I truly hate to think of that and I think they would be hard pressed to justify the expense to other LE Agencies that participated in the search if they knew or suspected he was there all along.

Nobody has been charged with Noah's murder. If these parents were so neglectful they let their child run around the neighborhood, it is entirely possible he died on somebody else's property and the two men were trying to create an explanation for why their prints would be on the lid.

JMO

Just running with your scenario...how does Baby A being removed from their care fit in?

It is interesting that we all read the same thing and had different take aways.

I did not wonder about the metal poles at all.

I did wonder if the LEO that poked around in the septic came to the same conclusions the two men did. I wondered if they held on to that information for a few days, guessing that he was in there and just waiting for something with one of the parents to break. I truly hate to think of that and I think they would be hard pressed to justify the expense to other LE Agencies that participated in the search if they knew or suspected he was there all along.

Oh my goodness, I would so hope not. I can't see it happening and they could never admit to it if it did, could they? There would be riots.

No way LE would have left Noah in there one hour longer than necessary...if not just for humane reasons, but for evidence purposes. The sooner a body is found, the better chance to find evidence.

I don't know if I am convinced by this latest report...but I have always wondered if LE could be covering up the fact that they had opened the tank earlier in the search and just had not drained it until much later in the week. They seem to have avoided answering that question, straight out, Imo.

No way LE would have left Noah in there one hour longer than necessary...if not just for humane reasons, but for evidence purposes. The sooner a body is found, the better chance to find evidence.

I don't know if I am convinced by this latest report...but I have always wondered if LE could be covering up the fact that they had opened the tank earlier in the search and just had not drained it until much later in the week. They seem to have avoided answering that question, straight out, Imo.

Very good points! I'm having trouble taking the article seriously because it is so poorly written.

Y'all are wondering about metal poles, fingerprints, swimming pools, and editors, and I'm thinking "Two guys told the sheriff the septic tank lid was uncovered within an hour of Noah being reported missing yet his body wasn't found for FIVE DAYS after that???"

i have to agree with you.....i think that might be exactly what happened.......the tank was "checked" but not drained.....and this report by orlando seems to verify that.....

so who are the two guys in the story??? what's the consensus? lemme go read back and see what y'all think......:lookingitup:

Welcome back! That's the million dollar question. IMO, I think it almost has to be someone close. If AW called LE to report Noah missing around 11AM, and these men rushed to check the tank at 11:20, my thoughts are that it wasn't someone from the "general public." I am speculating that it has to be family, friend, or neighbor. Someone who had to be informed of his disappearance pretty quickly. Just my opinion and 2 cents...for what it's worth.

Y'all are wondering about metal poles, fingerprints, swimming pools, and editors, and I'm thinking "Two guys told the sheriff the septic tank lid was uncovered within an hour of Noah being reported missing yet his body wasn't found for FIVE DAYS after that???"

the two guys told the sheriff the lid was ON.............they had popped it off and were checking the tank with two long poles, in re: to the lid they did tell him it popped off like a tupperware lid.........

Welcome back! That's the million dollar question. IMO, I think it almost has to be someone close. If AW called LE to report Noah missing around 11AM, and these men rushed to check the tank at 11:20, my thoughts are that it wasn't someone from the "general public." I am speculating that it has to be family, friend, or neighbor. Someone who had to be informed of his disappearance pretty quickly. Just my opinion and 2 cents...for what it's worth.

:seeya: good to see you! so now the sheriff is kicking himself for not draining that tank the first day is what's happening on the "inside" of this story now that it's public knowledge imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkabish