Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could watch Juan Martinez for hours on end. He was absolutely masterful in taking down Jodi. I adore him for how he not only got justice for Travis, he also restored Travis' good name.

Yet, in the most basic of Google searches, I came across this:

\http://cases.nationalcdp.org/juan-martinez/

I have a hard time reconciling the very negative feelings about him with what I saw and heard...

That website is the small group of arias supporters/nuts that began their site solely to support ja. They removed her name from the website name and changed it to sound more "official", LOL. Trying to disguise their support for her (and their aggressive disdain of the fabulous Juan Martinez!) by seeming to include other cases. If I can find their old site stuff, I'll post it. It was hilarious.

That website is the small group of arias supporters/nuts that began their site solely to support ja. They removed her name from the website name and changed it to sound more "official", LOL. Trying to disguise their support for her (and their aggressive disdain of the fabulous Juan Martinez!) by seeming to include other cases. If I can find their old site stuff, I'll post it. It was hilarious.

That site also includes going after Jeff Ashton and other prosecutors. The board of directors include Jason Weber. Reading there is like reading an JA entry in her journal. I'm always ready to research
Where does the info come from? Juan does great. The prosecutors and judge in the theater shooting are wonderful but I bet they will be soon mentioned on that site too. Surprised they didn't add OJ to their victim list.

Just one more thing. I know you are a bit confused and somewhat disturbed by what I have to say and rightfully so, but you just might have to wait a couple of more years for the full story behind my posts to come out. Please guys have some patience all will be revealed in good time. And do your fellowman a favor here and keep in mind what I said about those supposed true perpetrators for the nonce for there's two sides to every story.
Ahhh like the 7 yrs your friend waited for her final revelation at Sentencing. I will
Have forgotten her name in less than 6 months. No favors coming from me sorry....

Not that I'm really interested.......

L. Kirk Nurmi
‏@_nurmilaw
Many #jodiarias trial watchers have asked about my weight loss, soon I will be answering those? via a project I'm excited about. Stay tuned

6:45 AM - 6 May 2015

*snorts*
I just assumed he was on the JoDiEt, where listening to her drivel causes you to lose your appetite.
Said project will just be links to her guilt phase testimony. Mark my words!

image.jpg

Breakfast on The Island

Next on the list is taking the dogs for a run on the beach
Enjoy Perryville Arias

In regards to JM and his style, I have to say that I was impressed with him for the most part, but I do have a criticism of how he wrapped up the penalty trial. To me it was too weak and not specific enough. He didn't make it clear what the jury was asked to evaluate; it was all generic and confusing.

Also, in the first trial, when he had defense witnesses, he was especially rough with them without reason. Expert witnesses are fair game, but other witnesses should not be bullied IMO. Example: Gus Searcy. I re-watched his part and Juan was being a straight-up ***hole to him. At some points GS was being difficult, but at others he was just trying to answer to question precisely to prevent words being put in his mouth, and JM ripped him like a child. He didn't ask to have the misfortune of being introduced to a future murderer and supreme manipulator.

Martinez was the perfect prosecutor for Arias. His mind is agile and he could instantly follow Arias down any rabbit hole.

He did. She says they rummaged through her purse and found her car registration paper. Everyone carries that around on them. Especially of a repossessed car

Absolutely, TexMex - who does that?
So, if for some reason she did have her car registration in her purse, and it did have her parents address - even though she had not lived there for over a decade by June 2008, and lived in an entirely different city when she would have obtained that car and the registration - let's forget all that logical stuff for a moment...
A car registration would have no information about the family of the car owner whatsoever. People with no family, friends or even distant relatives can own vehicles - the information is not relevant to the registration. If that had actually happened, it would have been irrelevant - it never made sense.

But as it didn't happen, it fits in with everything else that didn't happen, like the gloved, head to toe covered, ski masked intruders attracting no attention in sweltering Arizona June, having no vehicle at the scene, and apparently flying around - so they could be sure CMJA was the only one who left any hair and blood dna, and her handprint in the victim's blood, from her own bleeding hand. And got her to do the laundry, to boot, made her leave deleted evidence on the camera showing she was there before the victim died.
Crafty, those intruders, huh?.....like, unbelievably so. Heck, they even got her to testify under oath that it was her foot in the photo dragging the body, and a million other things on stand. Amazing!.
Makes absolutely no sense...not even a little - not even to the murderer - JMO, IMO, MOO,

In regards to JM and his style, I have to say that I was impressed with him for the most part, but I do have a criticism of how he wrapped up the penalty trial. To me it was too weak and not specific enough. He didn't make it clear what the jury was asked to evaluate; it was all generic and confusing.

Also, in the first trial, when he had defense witnesses, he was especially rough with them without reason. Expert witnesses are fair game, but other witnesses should not be bullied IMO. Example: Gus Searcy. I re-watched his part and Juan was being a straight-up ***hole to him. At some points GS was being difficult, but at others he was just trying to answer to question precisely to prevent words being put in his mouth, and JM ripped him like a child. He didn't ask to have the misfortune of being introduced to a future murderer and supreme manipulator.

I posted here weeks ago about coming across a video (thank you youtube!) of JM aggressively grilling a witness that I couldn't see because of the camera angle. I was thinking "lol, wonder which poor schmuck is getting the wrath" when I realized it had to be a prosecution witness because of the answers given. It turned out to be Det. Flores. I've said it before and I'll say it again: JM is 100% fair as he's an equal opportunity interrogator who questions ALL witnesses in the same manner. :D It was enlightening to realize his style of questioning is just that - it's him. It's not "attacking" defense witnesses. It doesn't seem to matter whose side the witness is, he's digging to get the information out to the jury. My younger, much less secure self would have been terrified being questioned like that even though I was on his side.

He is who he is. :D

BBM Mr.Searcy probably did not enjoy his time on the stand, but I'm not overly worried about him in particular. Mr. Searcy did not ask to be introduced to CMJA, but it appears from his own testimony in a subsequent hearing that Mr. Searcy repeatedly telephoned the prosecutor and otherwise attempted to insert himself into the case. IMHO he appeared jealous and insulted that Abe was being "flown in" to speak with the prosecutor, while his own telephone messages went unanswered. I'm sure the prosecutor's office did their homework on anyone they intended to telephone. I don't disagree with your post, but I also don't feel particularly worried about Mr. Searcy and I don't feel he was particularly manipulated by CMJA, it felt more mutual to me.

Scare tactics as part of PSYWAR:

SHOW NO FEAR

1. Identify the fear and play into it.

2.Take action to convey the threat (physically assault your prey).

3.Repeat and repeat the threat.

4.Assert your dominance (physically assault your pray again).

5.Come at them from all angles.

If they were there they could have just used the scare tactics to contain their "prey (in fact this is actually what victims of (PSYWAR) are called in the military speak, kind of ironic isn't it?)"

After all, at the end of the day it does not matter if a threat doesn't make any sense (upon subsequent examination) or is empty PSYWAR tactics seem to always work anyway...

I posted here weeks ago about coming across a video (thank you youtube!) of JM aggressively grilling a witness that I couldn't see because of the camera angle. I was thinking "lol, wonder which poor schmuck is getting the wrath" when I realized it had to be a prosecution witness because of the answers given. It turned out to be Det. Flores. I've said it before and I'll say it again: JM is 100% fair as he's an equal opportunity interrogator who questions ALL witnesses in the same manner. :D It was enlightening to realize his style of questioning is just that - it's him. It's not "attacking" defense witnesses. It doesn't seem to matter whose side the witness is, he's digging to get the information out to the jury. My younger, must less secure self would have been terrified being questioned like that even though I was on his side.

He is who he is. :D

I love his style. Why? Because if you have nothing to hide, it's no big deal. No amount of supposed harrying is going to change the truth.

I was most impressed with Deanna, who, however harried and bullied and maligned and slimed she was by the DT, stood up to that behaviour with the truth. Juan may be tough, but he doesn't bully.

Least impressed with the likes of Alyce LaViolette, such a shrinking flower and an eternally whining victim.

I could watch Juan Martinez for hours on end. He was absolutely masterful in taking down Jodi. I adore him for how he not only got justice for Travis, he also restored Travis' good name.

Yet, in the most basic of Google searches, I came across this:

\http://cases.nationalcdp.org/juan-martinez/

I have a hard time reconciling the very negative feelings about him with what I saw and heard...

Seems like most of these 'charges' levelled against JM are actually issues the judge in each case should have handled. And alleging 'prosecutorial misconduct' is not as rare as this author makes out, at least not in high profile cases. I looked into the 'Hitler' charge and found minute entries on it, if this writer had typed it verbatim it wasn't as egregious as it sounds (as far as I recall now, I traced it back to the origin about 2 years ago and linked the minute entries here). I do have a problem with this person calling JM 'The noted sociopath" though.

I am sorry guys for putting you at your wits' end with my comments... I know I may have come on too strong (I may have took a page from Juan's book there).

If they were there they could have just used the scare tactics to contain their "prey (in fact this is actually what victims of (PSYWAR) are called in the military speak, kind of ironic isn't it?)"

After all, at the end of the day it does not matter if a threat doesn't make any sense (upon subsequent examination) or is empty PSYWAR tactics seem to always work anyway...

hello rob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members