CA - American students catch heat for wearing red, white & blue on Cinco de Mayo

I'm not touching this with a ten foot keyboard LOL! <3

I'm curious, would it mean that if I want to attend a StL Cardinal game (my home team) in another state and wear a Cardinal shirt there I would be considered a racist bigot because it might offend a fan of the other team?

When the neo-Nazi Skinhead organization has hate speeches going on why aren't they arrested? FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Do I like what they say or stand for? Hell no! But it doesn't give me the right to make them stop, change or shoot them. FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

This Is America, we have laws and if 1 doesn't like the laws, either write your congressman, stat rep or atty gen or hey, better yet....here's a boat ticket.

Team political correctness and offended is getting bigger and bigger here in America.

Sports apparel is simply not comparable.

Wow. If rallying 'round the U.S. flag makes them "racist bigots", count me IN. My family fought and died for that flag.

The fact that your family fought and died for that flag, doesn't make it right for you to antagonize hispanic students at a predominately Mexican school by waving your flag in their faces on Cinco de Mayo.

There is a time and place for everything. If you want to show your patriotism, then go wave your flag at a celebration on the Forth of July, not at a predominately Mexican school on Cinco de Mayo.

Team political correctness and offended is getting bigger and bigger here in America.

Could it be Team Empathy and Compassion is starting to take over?

Sports apparel is simply not comparable.

Nope. It's not.
It was an example of the thought process though. And I think it was a valid point.

But you are right. Sports apparel could never compare to the red white and blue and what our flag stands for.

But most sporting events still fly it high and we face it and sing before the start of the game.

God bless America.

JMO

Oh. Because they are white, they are automatically compared to the KKK. I find that ridiculous. Maybe it's just me.

Yes, a bunch of white people waving American flags in the faces of Mexican students on Cinco de Mayo is the closest thing I have seen to the KKK holding an anti-civil rights rally on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

The fact that your family fought and died for that flag, doesn't make it right for you to antagonize hispanic students at a predominately Mexican school by waving your flag in their faces on Cinco de Mayo.

There is a time and place for everything. If you want to show your patriotism, then go wave your flag at a celebration on the Forth of July, not at a predominately Mexican school on Cinco de Mayo.

This is America. Everyday is the time and the place if we see fit.
Our flag is not defined by or only valid on a day in July.

JMO

If the American flag antagonizes those Mexican students, why are they in America, for the freebies?

That flag represents America and what we stand for, free speech being one of them. Personally, I don't give a hoot if they are offended, and I don't care who calls me racist or bigot. In these days, I believe both terms mean a teller of truth.

Yes, a bunch of white people waving American flags in the faces of Mexican students on Cinco de Mayo is the closest thing I have seen to the KKK holding an anti-civil rights rally on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.

Who gives a rat's about cinco de mayo? From what I've read, it isn't even a holiday in Mexico.

They were lining the streets holding flags because of the way those boys were treated when they wore red white and blue to school. They were taking a stand.
Not spewing hate. Just standing up for their rights. There was no anti-civil rights rally.
Those boys' rights were stepped on to begin with. Let's not forget.

But it seems to be ok to step on the rights of some. Just not others. Makes no sense to me.
JMO

This is America. Everyday is the time and the place if we see fit.
Our flag is not defined by or only valid on a day in July.

JMO

No, but how and when you express your patriotism does define your character.

Who gives a rat's about cinco de mayo? From what I've read, it isn't even a holiday in Mexico.

You are right. It's celebrated nationally here. Only in certain areas in Mexico.
Their Independence Day is celebrated on Sept 16th.

JMO from what I've read.

I personally love Cinco de mayo. Gives me an excuse to eat chips and salsa and drink margaritas.

I have nothing against Mexican-Americans. We are all part of a melting pot.

But if I want to hold an American flag on May 5th or wear red, white and blue clothes I have that right.

I have the same rights as all the other portions of the pot. We live by the same laws.

Isn't that what everybody strives for?

No, but how and when you express your patriotism does define your character.

And people having a problem with my flag also defines theirs.

My patriotism doesn't come and go. BTW
I don't mark my calendar for days "not" to be proud of my country.

They were lining the streets holding flags because of the way those boys were treated when they wore red white and blue to school. They were taking a stand.
Not spewing hate. Just standing up for their rights. There was no anti-civil rights rally.
Those boys' rights were stepped on to begin with. Let's not forget.

Those boys don't even go to that school anymore. As a matter of fact none of the current students even attended the school when that incident happened. So waving flags in the faces of current students who had nothing to do with it, is just racism at it worst.

Those boys don't even go to that school anymore. As a matter of fact none of the current students even attended the school when that incident happened. So waving flags in the faces of current students who had nothing to do with it, is just racism at it worst.

I disagree.

Have the faculty and staff that discriminated against those students all been replaced? Or, are they still there?

IMO those boys weren't the problem. The administration (how they handled it) was.

I have a right in America to express my patriotism everyday if I wanted to!

Now if I was hitting someone (who was celebrating their special day) over the head with my American flag and pole or strangling them with my American
flag printed clothes, then they have the right to say something or sue me.....

Living in America doesn't mean you have to completely erase your heritage and background. That's what makes us so great, the diversity and varying heritages. We SHOULD be celebrating those, even those who aren't that heritage. We should be celebrating heritages respectfully though, which is where we fall short, sadly. Americans use other heritages as excuses to get obliterated, which is gross, IMHO.

If the American flag antagonizes those Mexican students, why are they in America, for the freebies?

That flag represents America and what we stand for, free speech being one of them. Personally, I don't give a hoot if they are offended, and I don't care who calls me racist or bigot. In these days, I believe both terms mean a teller of truth.

Move over I'm carrying my flag and walking with you on this!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back