Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gourami Watcher -

Yvette & our Jane Doe do like quite a bit alike, but she has already been ruled out. Look back on page 23 for the rule out.

If it was the young victim who the waitress met, Aransas Pass and Rockport are two small neighbouring towns on the coast of Texas. Today they each have a population of about 8500, and would probably have been much smaller back then.

Aransas Pass can also refer to a strait in the same area, rather than the town that is named after it. The fact that the girl named the general area she was from (two towns, or one town and one geographical feature) makes me think she was from a smaller neighbouring town, and mentioned these places instead because she thought the waitress wouldn't have heard of her lesser known village. I am from a small town in the UK and I do this when people who are not local ask where I'm from.

Anyway, a good place to start would be to focus on these general areas. Are middle school and high school photos from local schools available? Can her reconstruction image be posted on local Facebook news pages? Things like that.

Wow, the population of Rockport was only 3686 in 1980. If the waitress really did meet our doe, this will be the most fruitful path to sleuth IMO.

What if she was never reported missing? What if she left her home against her parents wishes to visit an older boyfriend in or near Ellis Prison, or some other scenario along those lines?

If it was the young victim who the waitress met, Aransas Pass and Rockport are two small neighbouring towns on the coast of Texas. Today they each have a population of about 8500, and would probably have been much smaller back then.

Aransas Pass can also refer to a strait in the same area, rather than the town that is named after it. The fact that the girl named the general area she was from (two towns, or one town and one geographical feature) makes me think she was from a smaller neighbouring town, and mentioned these places instead because she thought the waitress wouldn't have heard of her lesser known village. I am from a small town in the UK and I do this when people who are not local ask where I'm from.

Anyway, a good place to start would be to focus on these general areas. Are middle school and high school photos from local schools available? Can her reconstruction image be posted on local Facebook news pages? Things like that.

I also used to tell people I lived by Elizabeth NJ; because everyone knew Elizabeth (or Newark). My town was often confused with a neighboring town that had Park after it. You get tired of telling people, no not the Park town.

that is a good point. i grew up in madera (california) and usually just tell ppl i am from the fresno area because many ppl dont know madera.

From the Porchlight thread
When news got to Aransas Pass that this girl could be from this area, community members came together to figure out who she was.

"I'm a mom and pretty passionate about the youth in our community. And so I thought it was important that she be recognized," says Stacey Durham, Aransas Pass Alumni Treasurer.

Alumni came together to do everything from emailing this picture out to everyone they knew as well as go though old yearbooks and try to see if they could match a face to this photo of the victim after her death.

The alumni association was contacted by the man who put together a sketch of the victim. He tell us he's very passionate about finding out who this Jane Doe is.

Found this floating around on FB:
View attachment 68534

Roxann Deihl - Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

I still have a feeling that our Doe ran away from the Rebekah Home for Girls in Corpus. It was a pretty rough place. I need to get off my butt and message these ladies who were there to see if they recognize her. Will report back on any responses.
http://rebekahhomeforgirls.blogspot.com/2005/08/im-writing-about-my-experiences-at.html

Help: Someone who is smarter then me at FB, is there any way to message a group instead of requesting to join the closed group? Or do I just have to request to join the closed group so that I can send a message?

I still have a feeling that our Doe ran away from the Rebekah Home for Girls in Corpus. It was a pretty rough place. I need to get off my butt and message these ladies who were there to see if they recognize her. Will report back on any responses.
http://rebekahhomeforgirls.blogspot.com/2005/08/im-writing-about-my-experiences-at.html

Help: Someone who is smarter then me at FB, is there any way to message a group instead of requesting to join the closed group? Or do I just have to request to join the closed group so that I can send a message?

I went ahead and posted an inquiry, but my link didn't activate as a hyperlink.

There is a christian facebook group called Corpus Christi TX "The Heart of Giving", and it has over 6000 members.

I joined the group, and have sent a PM to the admin to ask that I post my Walker County Jane Doe inquiry on that facebook page.

I just spent tonight reading through this entire thread. It's inspiring to see all the effort so many people have made to identify this girl. Very sad that she is yet to get her name back. One thing I was thinking was that her shoes don't seem like the type of shoes one would wear if they were running away for a long time--who would want to be wearing high-heeled anything, even wedges, for days or weeks at a time (hence why she had apparently taken them off when she was seen by the witness(es). It makes me think that if she was a runaway, she was a very recent one--that is, she ran away specifically to go to the prison to see whoever it was she had plans on seeing. That just makes it all the more frustrating that she hasn't been ID'd because you would think a recent runaway would've been easier to match. Then again, things were different in 1980 and maybe wherever she had come from never even heard about this case. *sigh*

Very good point about the shoes,never thought about that.....makes sense.

I just spent tonight reading through this entire thread. It's inspiring to see all the effort so many people have made to identify this girl. Very sad that she is yet to get her name back. One thing I was thinking was that her shoes don't seem like the type of shoes one would wear if they were running away for a long time--who would want to be wearing high-heeled anything, even wedges, for days or weeks at a time (hence why she had apparently taken them off when she was seen by the witness(es). It makes me think that if she was a runaway, she was a very recent one--that is, she ran away specifically to go to the prison to see whoever it was she had plans on seeing. That just makes it all the more frustrating that she hasn't been ID'd because you would think a recent runaway would've been easier to match. Then again, things were different in 1980 and maybe wherever she had come from never even heard about this case. *sigh*

How far is it from the Aransas Pass area, where she said she might be from, to the place where the car dropped her off?

From Aransas Pass to Huntsville I would say about five hours.It is a stretch.When I think of the distance it makes me think,"that is one brave little girl".

How far is it from the Aransas Pass area, where she said she might be from, to the place where the car dropped her off?

From Aransas Pass to Huntsville I would say about five hours.It is a stretch.When I think of the distance it makes me think,"that is one brave little girl".

Yeah, but it's a distance that she could reasonably have thought she could make there and back in just a day, or overnight. Nevereverever's observation about the shoes made me think of that.

Yes true,when your young its to easy to misjudge things.Every person that saw her that day said all she had in her hands were a pair of high heels,no purse no bags.Whatever belongings or I.D in her pockets were kept by the killer.

Yeah, but it's a distance that she could reasonably have thought she could make there and back in just a day, or overnight. Nevereverever's observation about the shoes made me think of that.

Hey guys. I have been lurking for a while on this thread. I know this is probably a long shot but has Teresa Byers missing from Kilgore, Tx been eliminated? The only photo I see of her is so blurry and at a weird angle it's hard to say for sure exactly what she looks like but something about her is a little similar.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8813

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member