DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the perps turn out to be St. Alban's boys that will be one hell of a story.

Last night I came up with this theory: according to NG she got the message left Wednesday night, that said "don't come," on Thursday morning and she called but got no answer. If the perps had the phone at that point they might have listened to the message and she may have said something like "sorry to hear you're sick, are you sure you don't want me to come in?" or they just worried that not getting an answer might prompt her to drop by so they sent the second text. Pure speculation all this.

She was send the message on Wednesday night but didn't listen to it until Thursday morning. It was a voice mail, so she didn't get to say anything at all in return.

Can any of the DC locals out there tell me if it is normal for so much information to trickle out about a highly publicized case such as this? I am in awe of how much information is being released.

In high-profile cases like this, I have every confidence in the MP. I think the information is being tightly managed. To what means and ends we (the public) have yet to see...

What did SS' asst know; when did he know it? Were stmts truthful?
Is there any poss of his less-than-innocent involvement? Not saying he was.

SS' asst stmt sentence #1 *
"On Friday, the day after the fire and the deaths were discovered, according to the police document,
the
assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying.”..."
Q. Is police doc. getting this ^
- by transcribing a VM, directly from SS' cell VM memory,
OR
- from SS'asst making stmt in-person to LE directly?

If SS' asst left VM on SS' cell Fri and was crying, then presumably SS was already dead,
asst knew of death, SS had no opportunity to delete VM,
so ^above quote is accurate as to what asst said.
May or may not be truthful as to what asst did.

SS' asst stmt sentence #2 *
"...assistant “stated that he had dropped off a package” at the Savopoulos house on Thursday
before he came to the Chantilly location."
Q. When did SS say ^?
IfThurs on VM to SS' cell? If so, when - before or after SS died?
If before SS died then poss SS deleted VM and ^ may be based on what asst told pol.
If after SS died, then SS had no opportunity to delete VM.
and if pol transcribed VM, then ^ quote is accurate as to what asst said.
If Fri, or later, in pol interview w asst, then same applies he accuracy re asst stmt & asst actions.

JM2cts.

The police documents said that the assistant “stated that he had dropped off a package” at the Savopoulos house on Thursday
before he came to the Chantilly location." ~snipped~
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...23d_story.html[/URL]". bbm

What if Amy said NG was due there on Thursday knowing she wasn't so she could send the 'don't come over' text hoping NG would pick up on the fact that something was up?

I guess I should admit that my gut feeling is NG or her family is involved. Outgoing phone calls were allowed to NG. Why - how did perps know that Savvas was really dialing NG or that the contact if listed as NG was the housekeeper? Why did they believe she was really coming on Thursday and needed to be stopped? Because the perps knew who she was - otherwise they could have said we need to call our housekeeper and instead dialed the sister or something and set off better red flags. He could phone his sister "we don't need you to work tomorrow" - that would have raised a red flag.

Good logic on the phone calls there. More to think about.

We're still missing info about the $40K. Here are my questions

* If the perps knew the $40K was being delivered on Thursday, why would they enter the home and hold hostages on Wednesday?

* Why hold hostages and kill people if they knew the money was to be delivered. They could've just grabbed the money en route to the home or at the home.

* Why would a smart and legit businessman have $40K in cash delivered to his home in the first place? This still doesn't sit right. There are many ways this could've been handled in a more secure and safe way. I could be wrong, but something is missing from the story that SS wanted this money delivered to his HOME on a Thursday morning.

???

JMO

SS was a lawyer,as well as a CEO from what I have read, and he should have known you can't mix $ from accounts without setting off "alarms" in accounting. Most businesses do not keep $40,000 on hand in a safe. Not adding up for me. Strictly my opinions.

Yes, the $40K in cash supposedly mixed between businesses makes me wonder if something like this was going on:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/maraschino-cherry-tycoon-secret-drug-lair-york-city/story?id=29215924
What I mean is that there was some sort of illicit business of some kind or this was going to be used as a bribe for a construction deal. This case would make more sense if the $40K was a ransom, but $40K in cash being delivered to the home just as part of BAU seems strange.

NBCWashington states FBI former profiler VanZandt states it was a targeted attack of someone who has knowledge of the family. Not a gang member, but not a first time criminal either, based on the brutality. He said possibly a psychopath.

Clarification: Said he thinks at least 2 people.
Also that people missed opportunities to alert authorities (obviously though).

We should all be profilers! We've been saying same all the way along.

What did SS' asst know; when did he know it? Were stmts truthful?
Is there any poss of his less-than-innocent involvement? Not saying he was.

SS' asst stmt sentence #1 *
"On Friday, the day after the fire and the deaths were discovered, according to the police document,
the
assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying.”..."
Q. Is police doc. getting this ^
- by transcribing a VM, directly from SS' cell VM memory,
OR
- from SS'asst making stmt in-person to LE directly?

If SS' asst left VM on SS' cell Fri and was crying, then presumably SS was already dead,
asst knew of death, SS had no opportunity to delete VM,
so ^above quote is accurate as to what asst said.

SS' asst stmt sentence #2 *
"...assistant “stated that he had dropped off a package” at the Savopoulos house on Thursday
before he came to the Chantilly location."
Q. When did SS say ^?
IfThurs on VM to SS' cell? If so, when - before or after SS died?
If before SS died then poss SS deleted VM and ^ may be based on what asst told pol.
If after SS died, then SS had no opportunity to delete VM.
and if pol transcribed VM, then ^ quote is accurate as to what asst said.
If Fri, or later, in pol interview w asst, then same applies he accuracy re asst stmt & asst actions.

JM2cts.

The police documents said that the assistant “stated that he had dropped off a package” at the Savopoulos house on Thursday
before he came to the Chantilly location." ~snipped~
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...23d_story.html[/URL]". bbm

Where did the assistant GET the money from?

She was send the message on Wednesday night but didn't listen to it until Thursday morning. It was a voice mail, so she didn't get to say anything at all in return.

She could have left a voicemail - but that has not come up. Since Savvas called the husband when he came looking for his wife - the other housekeeper- and said sorry we didnt call you to say she was sleeping over - has it been explained why NG never made that call - was Savvas's call to the husband before she picked up the voicemail ? I would love to see timeline of calls, texts, and people at the house - husband, pizza, assistants with packages, ground crew.

* If the perps knew the $40K was being delivered on Thursday, why would they enter the home and hold hostages on Wednesday?

* Why hold hostages and kill people if they knew the money was to be delivered. They could've just grabbed the money en route to the home or at the home.

* Why would a smart and legit businessman have $40K in cash delivered to his home in the first place? This still doesn't sit right. There are many ways this could've been handled in a more secure and safe way. I could be wrong, but something is missing from the story that SS wanted this money delivered to his HOME on a Thursday morning.

???

JMO[/QUOTE

Good questions. I just wanted to add that the assistant would have had to make the delivery before 11:30am on Thursday because he was at the hardware store from 11:30am on. With driving time I would guess the delivery had to be before 11am.

What if Amy said NG was due there on Thursday knowing she wasn't so she could send the 'don't come over' text hoping NG would pick up on the fact that something was up?

I can't understand if NG was supposed to be there on Thursday or not. Some articles make it seem she was going to show up there on Thursday.

They had to control the family. Father had to do as they wanted. Maybe that's what the torture was for. If father didn't make the calls, etc, they would torture the child.

That's exactly my point - they did torture the child and they got no more money than was originally scheduled to arrive at the house anyway, so it would mean he wasn't making the calls, etc for whatever they were really after.

An account.

Withdrew $40K Thursday morning? That is one trusted employee.

I would expect that for a ransom, but for regular dealings, that's a high amount of trust (not to mention putting the employee in a potentially dangerous position to have to carry that amount of cash).

That drop off continues to feel weird to me....we're missing something.

Withdrew $40K Thursday morning? That is one trusted employee.

I would expect that for a ransom, but for regular dealings. That's a high amount of trust (not to mention putting the employee in a potentially dangerous position to have to carry that amount of cash).

That drop off continues to feel weird to me....we're missing something.

So far we only have NG's claim that it was scheduled. And some anonymous sources.
It could very well have been a ransom, not scheduled.

???

JMO

Maybe the perps didn't know the exact time frame for the delivery, but knew that sometime around Weds./Thurs., there would be a large amount of cash at the house. Possibly they knew or heard that SS would be paying someone on Thursday or using the money for a purchase.

That's exactly my point - they did torture the child and they got no more money than was originally scheduled to arrive at the house anyway, so it would mean he wasn't making the calls, etc for whatever they were really after.

If father wasn't making calls as if normally people would get suspicious.
His sister talked to him in the morning on Thursday. Housekeeper's husband claims he got a phone call from him.
So, he had to answer the phone and make messages for perps to be able to keep them overnight into Thursday.

I can't understand if NG was supposed to be there on Thursday or not. Some articles make it seem she was going to show up there on Thursday.

From what I understand, Thursdays were a normal day for NG, however that routine changed that week, with the opening of the new business. NG was quoted saying that SS had called & told her that, early Wednesday. I think that's purely coincidence, though. That's why NG thought it odd that AS would text her, to make sure she wasn't coming on Thursday. NG had no plans to go over there on Thursday, after talking with SS.

It seems that NG typically worked Thursdays - but according to her - she was not working that Thursday because she was instead working to open the martial arts center on Tues, Wed, Fri (doing what exactly?). I'm not sure anyone has confirmed if that is a fact or just from NG.

Also she was "doubly?" not going to work on that specific Thursday because Savvas told her Amy was sick. Was that just a call for help by Savvas? He knew her for 20 year and thought she was more perceptive?? Was the martial arts schedule true and he really thought she would say - Yeah - I already know I'm not working Thursday - why is he telling me again???

Again I can't see why his limited call for help would go out to NG. Or why the perps would allow those calls unless they were certain they were necessary. They seem very unnecessary to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Can't Touch Tish