DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, Thursdays were a normal day for NG, however that routine changed that week, with the opening of the new business. NG was quoted saying that SS had called & told her that, early Wednesday. I think that's purely coincidence, though. That's why NG thought it odd that AS would text her, to make sure she wasn't coming on Thursday. NG had no plans to so that anyway.

I am very confused by what she was and wasn't going to do. Like I said, some article make it seem she was going to show up there on Thursday.

So far we only have NG's claim that it was scheduled. And some anonymous sources.
It could very well have been a ransom, not scheduled.

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the correction. I misinterpreted this and read too much into it:

"The man who dropped off the money worked as an assistant for Savvas Savopoulos, who owned or was involved in several businesses, according to the officials and police documents. It is not clear whether the employee knew what was in the package.

Police documents obtained by The Washington Post show that the assistant had been helping Savopoulos prepare for the planned opening of a new martial arts studio in Chantilly."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

That's exactly my point - they did torture the child and they got no more money than was originally scheduled to arrive at the house anyway, so it would mean he wasn't making the calls, etc for whatever they were really after.

Yes! I've been thinking the same thing.

It seems that NG typically worked Thursdays - but according to her - she was not working that Thursday because she was instead working to open the martial arts center on Tues, Wed, Fri (doing what exactly?). I'm not sure anyone has confirmed if that is a fact or just from NG.

Also she was "doubly?" not going to work on that specific Thursday because Savvas told her Amy was sick. Was that just a call for help by Savvas? He knew her for 20 year and thought she was more perceptive?? Was the martial arts schedule true and he really thought she would say - Yeah - I already know I'm not working Thursday - why is he telling me again???

Again I can't see why his limited call for help would go out to NG. Or why the perps would allow those calls unless they were certain they were necessary. They seem very unnecessary to me.

For some reason, seems that perps really, really, really wanted to make sure she doesn't show up. Why, I don't know.
The murdered maid's husband showed up. Why didn't they make sure Mr. S called him before he showed up?

I am very confused by what she was and wasn't going to do. Like I said, some article make it seem she was going to show up there on Thursday.

I haven't read anything stating NG was supposed to be at the home on Thursday.

Ya know, the 10 hours is bothering me still. In one report they said the crime lasted Wednesday, overnight, into Thursday. Then it later said in another report they were held for around 10 hours. We don't know which one is accurate, but I thought let's assume for the sake of argument they didn't get there until early in the wee hours of Thursday morning (the 10 hour theory), also with the assumption the Thursday $40K dropoff was actually planned for that day and they heard about it. What that would mean: potentially Amy WAS sick the night before and Philip was recovering from the go-kart injury. But it would also mean Vera's phone really did die, they really didn't have a charger, and she would have had to be busy taking care of one of the sick people when SS called NG. I don't see her doing that, not following up with her husband or talking to NG herself. Could everything have been ok still at that point? I'm not asking if it's likely, I'm asking if it's possible. The scream on the voicemail then, would have to indicate something from Philip other than torture. It's not adding up to me. I don't see where they're getting the 10 hours.

Anyone have a link to the article about SS's voicemail to the housekeeper possibly being coded?

It seems that NG typically worked Thursdays - but according to her - she was not working that Thursday because she was instead working to open the martial arts center on Tues, Wed, Fri (doing what exactly?). I'm not sure anyone has confirmed if that is a fact or just from NG.

Also she was "doubly?" not going to work on that specific Thursday because Savvas told her Amy was sick. Was that just a call for help by Savvas? He knew her for 20 year and thought she was more perceptive?? Was the martial arts schedule true and he really thought she would say - Yeah - I already know I'm not working Thursday - why is he telling me again???

Again I can't see why his limited call for help would go out to NG. Or why the perps would allow those calls unless they were certain they were necessary. They seem very unnecessary to me.

bbm

I think it was. I think SS made the perps think she might be coming. If that's the case, it worked, & he was able to call her, & leave the voice mail. She just didn't pick up on it. Can't say I would have either, I guess. JMO

That's exactly my point - they did torture the child and they got no more money than was originally scheduled to arrive at the house anyway, so it would mean he wasn't making the calls, etc for whatever they were really after.

Or they were never after the $40,000 and that was just a coincidence of what they were after. Like a wire transfer, or whatever else they wanted that SS finally gave them that they wanted.

Okay, more questions....correct me if I have anything wrong. Things are moving so quickly!

The assistant was working at the martial arts studio during the week and NG was working there Tues and Wed. It's reasonable to assume they had conversations while working there at the same time and/or overheard conversations.

Assistant drops off package on Thursday morning, and we don't know if he knew what was in it.
- If he didn't know it was cash, how did NG know?
- If he did know it was cash, how did NG know the amount?

If it wasn't scheduled in advance, why did NG say it was?

A couple of things

1- How do we know that NG was the only person he was reaching out to? Honestly, she is just the only one talking. He could have reached out to several people...
2-I am so confused by the information about the assistant who supposedly dropped off the package.
"On Friday, the day after the fire and the deaths were discovered, according to the police document,
the assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying.” "
Who is the 'veteran AIW eployee'? Did the assistant call on Friday? Why wait until Friday?

Ya know, the 10 hours is bothering me still. In one report they said the crime lasted Wednesday, overnight, into Thursday. Then it later said in another report they were held for around 10 hours. We don't know which one is accurate, but I thought let's assume for the sake of argument they didn't get there until early in the wee hours of Thursday morning (the 10 hour theory), also with the assumption the Thursday $40K dropoff was actually planned for that day and they heard about it. What that would mean: potentially Amy WAS sick the night before and Philip was recovering from the go-kart injury. But it would also mean Vera's phone really did die, they really didn't have a charger, and she would have had to be busy taking care of one of the sick people when SS called NG. I don't see her doing that, not following up with her husband or talking to NG herself. Could everything have been ok still at that point? I'm not asking if it's likely, I'm asking if it's possible. The scream on the voicemail then, would have to indicate something from Philip other than torture. It's not adding up to me. I don't see where they're getting the 10 hours.

10 hours is clearly wrong. Other articles say 24 hours.

If father wasn't making calls as if normally people would get suspicious.
His sister talked to him in the morning on Thursday. Housekeeper's husband claims he got a phone call from him.
So, he had to answer the phone and make messages for perps to be able to keep them overnight into Thursday.

This brings up the point that we have only head of the calls made to NG and now possibly Dominos. I am still curious about the calls we don't know about like to the Assistants, or friends that were in town or going to be in town for the opening of the "dojo".

For some reason, seems that perps really, really, really wanted to make sure she doesn't show up. Why, I don't know.
The murdered maid's husband showed up. Why didn't they make sure Mr. S called him before he showed up?

Yes - but why? Is a HK a huge threat to the operations of psychopath killers? I don't think so and it seems they had to have known that she was coming on Thursday or been convinced of it AND have been concerned about it to allow those calls/texts. If you can torture and kill a 10 year old child - why worry about another HK?

I'm still wondering what time Savvas left her the VM and what time she picked it up relative to when the other HK husband came to bang on the door. As mentioned by another WSer - she owned a business.

If these people knew the regular schedule of the help and what days who was where they might just assume that NG was supposed to be there on Thursday and may have insisted that SS call and tell her not to come (despite him already having changed her regular schedule.) The maid's husband wasn't supposed to be there and so he wasn't called before he showed up. Calling him, as a precaution, may have backfired if he insisted that his wife be put on the phone, etc. These perps sure got lucky with everything working out the way that it did. There were so many opportunities for things to go against their plan.

bbm

I think it was. I think SS made the perps think she might be coming. If that's the case, it worked, & he was able to call her, & leave the voice mail. She just didn't pick up on it. Can't say I would have either, I guess. JMO

It seems like a HUGE risk to allow ANY outgoing phone calls. Still seems very odd that it was permitted unless one perp had to leave for errand and they couldnt handle one more person? I doubt they would have cared to "spare" someone.

If these people knew the regular schedule of the help and what days who was where they might just assume that NG was supposed to be there on Thursday and may have insisted that SS call and tell her not to come (despite him already having changed her regular schedule.) The maid's husband wasn't supposed to be there and so he wasn't called before he showed up. Calling him, as a precaution, may have backfired if he insisted that his wife be put on the phone, etc. These perps sure got lucky with everything working out the way that it did. There were so many opportunities for things to go against their plan.

But wouldn't they think husband is going to question where his wife was? They certainly got lucky none of the people figured it out. Husband says he was suspicious yet he didn't contact police.

This brings up the point that we have only head of the calls made to NG and now possibly Dominos. I am still curious about the calls we don't know about like to the Assistants, or friends that were in town or going to be in town for the opening of the "dojo".

SS also talked to his sister on Thursday morning. She apparently didn't notice anything wrong.

Any one link in the chain could have been broken. It's so sad none of those calls resulted in the breaking of this chain of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCG