AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the show is dropped. Totally goes against everything the family was supposed to be about.
I find it very worrying that the parents tried to cover this up. Makes you wonder what else they are hiding.
It certainly doesn't give a very good message to their other children who were the victims here. It's as if it didn't matter what happened to them and they were made to forgive him :(

I hope he's learned his lesson too but if this happened in 2002 and it came to the DHS attention in 2006 when some unknown individual raised concerns to the Oprah Winfrey show it it seems to me that also this family did their best not to report it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...police-2006-Oprah-concerns.html#ixzz3as0q5xXA

It's true that now Josh has publically owned up to what he did and he said it was inexcusable but that's basically because he had no choice after the police report came to light. Before that he was quite happily settled in his niche moralizing others for their behavior, despite the fact that his own actions were just as inexcusable back when nobody knew about it.

JMO.

JD knew it was wrong that's why he went to his parents with it, they dropped the ball, they should have went to the proper authorities, not the church,

JD's parents failed him and his victims, I wonder if the child *advertiser censored* friend of the parents had any access to the kids, if he could have groomed JD or any of the victims.

I think that it's very rare for the abuser to come forward looking for help, usually it's the victims's coming forward with the abuse

Most of the information about this family comes from tabloid media. If it is to be believed, Anna's sister is never to be mentioned on the program because she had a child out of wedlock. Cousin Amy pretty much disappeared when she went to Nashville to become a singer. Eldest daughter, Jana, wants to go to a Bible College to become a teacher, but her parent's don't want her to go. Rumors are she's decided not to participate in the series any more. Josh got a great "job offer" in DC, but what it was wasn't mentioned, ever.

Who knows how much is factual of the above? If all true, then Jim Bob keeps these things out of the show so as not to spoil the family "brand". That's what it is, folks, a brand. It's not the truth by a long shot.

It was all branding. Fake. Shallow show business.

I feel sorry for the many fans of the show who liked this family and thought they were a wholesome group to look up to. I honestly feel sorry for their disappointment as they learn this news. It can be very jarring and make people lose trust in even the trustworthy.

The damage of the LIES and COVER-UP is hurtful, in addition to the original crimes, of course.

I don't understand the decision to continue with the show after the family knew what happened years ago rather than circle together as a family and help the children honestly and privately. I can't imagine the girls being forced to continue with the wholesome show after the parents found out their son was molesting his sisters. That is a complete disregard of what happened to THE GIRLS.

All the talk about modesty and chaperones....while the family was covering up molestation within the family. Get out of there, girls!!

JD knew it was wrong that's why he went to his parents with it, they dropped the ball, they should have went to the proper authorities, not the church,

JD's parents failed him and his victims, I wonder if the child *advertiser censored* friend of the parents had any access to the kids, if he could have groomed JD or any of the victims.

I think that it's very rare for the abuser to come forward looking for help, usually it's the victims's coming forward with the abuse

I'm not convinced that it was Josh who came forward first.

http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26063

the police report is redacted and it's not clear who came to the parents crying and upset but the blacked out name looks a lot longer than Josh IMO.

From what I can work out it says that Jim Bob found out about this in March 2002 when one of the girls told him and then in July 2002 Josh admitted it. That wasn't the end of it, he continued his molestations after he was disciplined for it, there was another incident in March 2003. (And who knows how many others?? If he molested sleeping children, there might be others in which no one woke up.)

I am on pages 12 and 13 of the report. Holy Smokes!!!

Thankfully, I never liked these people. Now I know more about why.

Ditto. The admission of molestation doesn't really come as a surprise. The reality-show persona is just that, and I've long suspected that this large family has more than its share of dirty little secrets. :moo:

Ditto. The admission of molestation doesn't really come as a surprise. The reality-show persona is just that, and I've long suspected that this large family has more than its share of dirty little secrets. :moo:

Didn't come as a surprise to me either. Children are homeschooled, and the son wasn't having interactions with outside world as most other teenagers his age would be. Sounds like that might not be such a good idea after all, doesn't it?

'We all have skeletons in our closet': Commenters swamp Josh Duggar's Instagram account to DEFEND him after child molestation confession

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-admits-child-molestation.html#ixzz3asPk26bR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'd be a little worried about the children of anyone who writes to a child molester that it's no big deal, we all have skeletons in the closet...

InTouch reports; 'Josh Duggar was investigated for multiple sex offenses, including forcible fondling, against five minors. Some of the alleged offenses investigated were felonies.'
According to the police report, in March 2002, Jim Bob was told by a female minor that his son, then 14, had been 'touching her breasts and genitals while she slept' on numerous occasions.
Josh allegedly admitted to this according to the report, and Jim Bob says he was 'disciplined.'
He was accused again however in March 2003 of allegedly touching the breasts and genitals of 'several woman,' both while they were sleeping and even when they were awake.
According to the police report 'there was another incident….[redacted, Josh] was reading to [redacted, alleged victim] and [redacted] was sitting on [redacted] lap, [redacted] had touched [redacted] breasts and vaginal area…[redacted] then ran out of the room and called [redacted] and told [redacted] what [redacted, Josh] had done.'
Also 'some time during this time frame, [redacted] had been standing in the laundry room and [redacted, Josh] had put [redacted] hand under [redacted, victim's] dress.'

Certainly after being disciplined over the first incidents he knew it was wrong but he did it again, several times.

I hope Anna is watching their kids like a hawk.

Where are his hands....? :D

https://twitter.com/joshduggar/status/571122758685462528/photo/1

B-0JHk-VIAIsX8B.jpg

Definitely gay people. I'v never heard them say boo about pedophiles. But gay people? Trans? Holy hell. Evil incarnate to them.

Oh gosh. "Training" means, in part, breaking the will of the child via hitting that child, as young as infancy, with a "rod", into total submission. Michelle Duggar describes some of this training in their book. Sh describes hiding around a corner and rushing toward the baby when it crawls off blanket she's placed him on, and hitting him with a wooden spoon for moving. But you have to read between the lines because they were smart about what they revealed and they use euphemisms a lot, like "correction" instead of hitting.

"Buddy system" means the older girls are raising the younger. After 6 months of age, from what I've seen, the mom gave the babies to their older sister "buddy" to raise.

Blanket training method is what set me off early on about these people.

I think that it's very rare for the abuser to come forward looking for help, usually it's the victim's coming forward with the abuse

Did he go to his parents? I've heard (read) alternating stories of he was caught in, or coming out of, the room where it happened (that's hardly coming to his parents over it), or, one of the girls came to the parents. I've also heard (read) that one of the girls wrote down what happened in a letter, put the letter in a book and "forgot" about it, and the book was later loaned out to a family friend, who found the letter and went to the authorities. Of course, there's also the anonymous email that was sent to Oprah, telling her all about it.

Did he go to his parents? I've heard (read) alternating stories of he was caught in, or coming out of, the room where it happened (that's hardly coming to his parents over it), or, one of the girls came to the parents. I've also heard (read) that one of the girls wrote down what happened in a letter, put the letter in a book and "forgot" about it, and the book was later loaned out to a family friend, who found the letter and went to the authorities. Of course, there's also the anonymous email that was sent to Oprah, telling her all about it.

He was alerted on by a female family member.
"According to the police report, in March 2002, Jim Bob was told by a female minor that his son, then 14, had been 'touching her breasts and genitals while she slept' on numerous occasions."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...police-2006-Oprah-concerns.html#ixzz3asbE3U3a

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...een-case-went-police-2006-Oprah-concerns.html

Since there were multiple episodes of molestation, these alternating stories could potentially all be true.
Police report states he was alerted on by a female family member.

"Other bombshells in the police report are: Josh Duggar was investigated for multiple sex offenses — including forcible fondling — against five minors. Some of the alleged offenses investigated were felonies. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar were interview by the Springdale Police department on Dec. 12, 2006. The report says that James told police he was alerted in March, 2002 by a female minor that Josh — who turned 14-years-old that month — had been touching her breasts and genitals while she slept. This allegedly happened on multiple occasions. In 2006, Jim Bob told police that in July, 2002 Josh admitted to fondling a minor’s breasts while she slept. “James said that they disciplined (redacted, Josh) after this incident.” The family did not alert authorities."

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/...leged-sex-offenses-for-more-than-a-year-58906

All the stories are mentioned in the police report, a victim reported it first to the father, a letter in a book was mentioned in the police report but Michelle and Jim Bob wouldn't tell the police who wrote it , and there was also an email to Oprah.

Blanket training method is what set me off early on about these people.

I had never heard of this blanket training thing before, after looking online I'm shocked!
They sit there little babies on a blanket, then jump out and 'tap' them with a ruler if they move off it! :(
Sounds a bit much too me.

Mrs Duggar wants to train her children to sit quiet, if she wants quiet time, here's an idea, quit having so many kids!

I'm surprised that they did anything about it, most incest isn't even reported.

I've done some reading on the incest thing, as someone that I love very much was molested by her father, if I'm not confusing the statistics it's speculated that incest occurs in 1 in 20 homes.

The thing that gives me hope for JD to not do this again and understand the severity of what he did, is the fact that he has owned his actions and continues to own his actions, most child abusers never own what they did. I can at least see that JD is trying to be accountable for what he did when he was a kid.

As a side note I've never watched the show, I'm not a Duggar supporter

What is it they you think about it? Sounds like JD was send somewhere to do some labor for a short period of time. How was he held accountable?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-admits-child-molestation.html#ixzz3asPk26bR

I'd be a little worried about the children of anyone who writes to a child molester that it's no big deal, we all have skeletons in the closet...

Certainly after being disciplined over the first incidents he knew it was wrong but he did it again, several times.

I hope Anna is watching their kids like a hawk.

Where are his hands....? :D

https://twitter.com/joshduggar/status/571122758685462528/photo/1

B-0JHk-VIAIsX8B.jpg

Modern version of the side hug

Josh states in this article that his family arranged for him, and those affected to receive "counseling"....how much do you want to bet it was nothing more than a few prayer meetings with JimBob and Michelle (remember how they provided martial counseling for the girls who were courting, and their respective husbands?), or maybe at the most, someone from the church that they attend occasionally?

I feel slightly guilty for saying that I wish I were a fly on the wall of the Duggar home(s), right about now. But not too guilty to post it.

ETA: I do feel badly for Anna, though, having to face this in the last month of her pregnancy. Hope the stress of it doesn't lead to an early labor.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/josh-duggar-molestation-19-kids-and-counting-119599893620.html

I'll admit I have been an avid watcher of this show. While I don't agree with all aspects of their lifestyle there are parts of it I found refreshing. I have to say I am deeply disturbed and saddened by this latest news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther