DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT

I don't know about the state of things Domino's related over in the USA, but here they have a chef's special selection which ain't too bad .. Last time I got one I chose BBQ duck with hollandaise sauce .. Wasn't bad! Seems like these guys ordered off the value range .. See I don't get that, why penny pinch over cheap pizza? Got me stumped!

I'm from around your neck of the woods. Yeah, pizza outlets in the US are different from ours. It's weird. You should check out some menus.

No offense Americans. :)

About all these cars that we know of:
Mosler is it really $700,000?
Bentley
Porche
Range Rover
Audi

If I had all of those cars, I would have had a gated home or at least a gated driveway. But that house sits on the corner lot of a public street, in the Nation's Capitol, with open access on at least two sides to anyone walking or driving by. Just a thought: Those cars alone equal more money than any of the hired help would make in probably 20 years of working at laborious jobs.

I think half the confusion comes from NG's ever changing statements to media, it seems she was doing her own investigation by talking to staff, so her interviews to media contain conflicting information as she finds out more, and likely exaggerates too for dramatic effect. I think I'd have sent her a message to cease and desist if she was talking about my family.

So you believe in the limited window of the time frame of this crime, there was a lot of time elapsing between this back-and-forth manipulation of statements to the media and your proof of this is what, exactly?

I don't buy it. Sorry.

About all these cars that we know of:
Mosler is it really $700,000?
Bentley
Porche
Range Rover
Audi

If I had all of those cars, I would have had a gated home or at least a gated driveway. But that house sits on the corner lot of a public street, in the Nation's Capitol, with open access on at least two sides to anyone walking or driving by. Just a thought: Those cars alone equal more money than any of the hired help would make in probably 20 years of working at laborious jobs.

I was surprised by the small garage area and no circular driveway for an estate home nearly 11,000 sq ft. In the late 1920s, when the house was built, the wealthy certainly had cars.

I was surprised by the small garage area and no circular driveway for an estate home nearly 11,000 sq ft. In the late 1920s, the wealthy certainly had cars.

I calculate about 1.2 million in the cost of those five cars. There is no way I would let any of those be open to vandalism. Even with a 2008 911 Porche, I'd never park that car on the curb.

I calculate about 1.2 million in the cost of those five cars. There is no way I would let any of those be open to vandalism. Even with a 2008 911 Porche, I'd never park that car on the curb.

I agree. Hatred of the family is surpassed by the greed factor, imo.

I just had an epiphany:
Q: Why did the killers come during the day and leave during the day?
A: Because at night they would stand out more to the roving private security company.
During the day, there are dog walkers, lawn care workers, road crews, construction workers, cleaning services, plumbers, HVAC and all kinds of non-residents coming and going. During the day, wearing the right clothes, they wouldn't seem conspicuous.

Looking forward to having a lot of the confusion sorted out in this case.

OT

I'm from around your neck of the woods. Yeah, pizza outlets in the US are different from ours. It's weird. You should check out some menus.

No offense Americans. :)

oh believe me, none taken. if dominos is representative of what kind of pizza we have here, then that is a really sad thing. the best places are the little mom and pop pizza shops. NY style pizza- thin crispy crust- bubbly cheese, OMG. Amazing.

We are pizza snobs here in NY though. :) There is NOTHING in the world like good pizza in NY. Promise!

I just had an epiphany:
Q: Why did the killers come during the day and leave during the day?
A: Because at night they would stand out more to the roving private security company.
During the day, there are dog walkers, lawn care workers, road crews, construction workers, cleaning services, plumbers, HVAC and all kinds of non-residents coming and going. During the day, wearing the right clothes, they wouldn't seem conspicuous.

Yes, there are eyes during the day. <modsnip>

firstonce excuse for my poor writing style . I write from Germany and use a online Translater .

I wonder why induce housekeeper Vera was still in the house at the time of the taking of hostages . they should be gone by 3 clock . So what happened in the period 3-6 clock ?

Welcome to Websleuths, Ger_Man!

:welcome5:

:seeya:

New thread coming. This one will close in about five minutes.

Why would Mr S' asst/driver lie to LE?
I don't know. If you had stolen from your employer, would you immediately have texted a photo of the money to someone? Knowing that eventually you would have to answer to the employer and with the possibility that the employer might call the police?
bbm

"A lie is an intentionally false statement to a person or group made by another person or group who knows it is not the truth.[SUP]". [/SUP][SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie[/SUP][SUP] bbm[/SUP]
IIRC, charging docs did not say driver's V.1 was this, V.2 was different; but said he lied, which implies driver's intention to mislead, not just stress-induced diff's re details.

If a person knew or thought his employer & fam would be dead within hours &
unable to question him about $ shortage in delivery, well, why not go ahead and both-
- help himself to some $ from special $ delivery, and
- take pix of $ in his own red bag?

Pure speculation on my part, not my opinion, no basis or info from any source.

oh believe me, none taken. if dominos is representative of what kind of pizza we have here, then that is a really sad thing. the best places are the little mom and pop pizza shops. NY style pizza- thin crispy crust- bubbly cheese, OMG. Amazing.

We are pizza snobs here in NY though. :) There is NOTHING in the world like good pizza in NY. Promise!

Oh I totally agree on NY style pizza. Delicious. And single slices larger than my head? Best invention ever.

What I'm meaning is that a menu/options at Pizza Hut/Dominos over here is completely different to the menu/options you encounter over your way.

Just a lil tangent. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member