AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ashamed to say that I once told a very masculine person waiting in line for the womens bathroom that the men's room was next door.
Never assume gender or sexual orientation.
Had a similar incident happen to me yesterday. Was talking to a large African-American person who had braids, *advertiser censored*, and a high-pitched voice wearing shorts, t-shirt, sandals. I assumed I was talking to a woman when he got introduced as "Spencer"!

[/B]

Yes they have

Eta: I'm hoping someone knows better than me, but I thought I remember reading the father actually chose who the daughters will court.

Father has to approve of who they court they ask JBob first if they can ask the daughter to enter into a courtship. Then up to the daughter. Jessa met her now husband thru Church. The other daughter met her huband Derik thru her father. Derik was in Nepal doing mission work and he and Jim Bob kept in contact i would assume by skype. Cant remember how but the daughter then began skying and texting with Derick. JBob and the daughter (cant remember her name duh) flew to Nepal to spend time with him. Several months later Derick was back in Arkansas and it went from there.

I think. From what I've read (I have never watched the show-but have now watched a few snippets as part of the reporting on this) it's almost like she's addicted to having children. This is where she gets her identity. And it's been very affirming for her I think. She's an icon for the Quiverfull movement and has received awards, like from the disgraced Doug Phillips who was head of Vision Forum before his sexual assaults of their nanny came out.http://www.christianpost.com/news/duggar-familys-close-relationship-with-vision-forum-founder-doug-phillips-and-wife-highlighted-after-scandal-108697/

As with many of these extremist families, the parents did not suffer the same restrictive childhood. Michelle was a CHEERLEADER who now laments how she defrauded men with her outfits. And dancing, it's real bad too! http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Celebrities/2009/10/Michelle-and-Jim-Bob-Duggar.aspx?p=9

There's some evidence Michelle was troubled in some way as teen-she had admitted to having suffered from bullemia. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/03/10/michelle-duggar-talks-about-her-struggle-with-eating-disorder/

And she met Jim Bob who was more religious and then they married and after a miscarriage, decided God punished them for using birth control. And then they steadily went further off the rails until they became completely home centered and modesty and purity obsessed. Their family was stuck at home for everything, school, church, friendships which were only between siblings. A totally different childhood than either of the parents had. That's what gets me the most about these people. It's fine to become an extremist as an adult if that's what YOU want. But the children have no choices at all about anything. And they even forced to appear happy at all times. I think their whole existence is abusive and cultish. http://hedua.com/blog/they-smile-but-do-they-laugh/

It was also clear she really had little meaningful interaction with the children after they were babies. She is the babies buddy until they are weaned and then they get handed off to an older sibling buddy (which only seem to be the girls of course-I could be wrong) while MD works on the next blessing. Apparently the buddies do everything for their charges, dress, feed, school, music lessons etc, this wasn't just some vague responsibility like when they're traveling. This was an actual job-to take care of a child, to do that which parents would normally do.

I do think there is probably something that needs to be diagnosed about MD. Even after the miscarriage and the preemie birth she had she is still trying to have more kids. Why aren't those events "signs from God" that they need to STOP? Why do they only ever hear messages from God that confirm what they what to do? It's just amazing that their God thinks exactly like they do....

Interesting :thinking: **speculative** but we all know that an eating disorder is a big red flag for having suffered abuse. ( not always, but certainly often)

Interesting :thinking: **speculative** but we all know that an eating disorder is a big red flag for having suffered abuse. ( not always, but certainly often)

It would explain a lot about Michelle (and the whole family really) especially the need for control around sex and making the girls wear 'modest' clothing.

I'll add to that too, she sure married young and left her childhood home ASAP.

Forgive me for not remembering the other daughters name but i do remember it starts with a J :laughing:

I do have to say as an admitted watcher that there was a time i didn't. Then when the girls got older and entered their Courtships and marriages it was the best of the whole show IMO

Forgive me for not remembering the other daughters name but i do remember it starts with a J :laughing:

I think we're all going to be correct if we stick to using JD for everyone except Michelle :)

I have to thank the posters on this thread. I feel like I've lived a sheltered life here on the East Coast. I knew of the Duggars...even watched some of their shows. Honestly, I didn't know much about their religion...I had no idea that is was seen as "cult-like". Yes, I knew they dressed modestly, but to an Easterner it appeared to be just bad fashion sense. lol I wondered when Mom would stop having babies, and prayed they'd see it as a sign when Josie was born premature. I truly believed that they just loved children and that was their motivation to having as many as they did (though I did wonder how they ever found the time to have sex with so many kids around :)) I didn't realize the babies were "assigned" a sibling to raise them. I didn't know their personal views of the world at all...I saw them as old-fashioned and perhaps different, but thought: each his own. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate this education. Thanks.

I have learned about so many different ways of child rearing, if one wants to call it that, I've never heard of most of this before. The stay at home daughter movement really caught my eye. My daughters are now grown and married, but being very close in age, and in the teenager years, when it was time for them to leave and be on their own, I was happy, they didn't live far then from us, but still, I can't imagine belonging to the stay at home daughter movement. But I suppose when the daughters do most of the work and babysit, I can see why Michelle would like that. :rolleyes: I was also thinking, now that the news came out about what he did to his sisters and another girl, maybe, just maybe, one or two of the girls might use that as a way to get out and on their own. Perhaps some of the control is crumbling, and they can maybe start thinking on their own.

Do you know what, sadly all Michelle's actions show that she blames herself if she was in fact sexually abused, that's pretty sad when you think about it. I wonder if she dealt with her own issues a lot of the flow on would right itself?

Jill is a midwife but I guess that's an "approved career". Jinger is a talented photographer seeing some of her work on the show. She did the 2 couples engagement photos and other family shots. IMO she is talented. Always thought what a shame she will likely never be able to go after it as a career if inclined. Seems the boys are only ones encouraged. One of the older boys is a police officer in Arkansas. Wonder what he thinks of all this mess. I will google which son.

It's John David who is an Officer in Washington County Arkansas. Also holds a Pilots License and living on his own. Cant post the link as I found the info on a coupla blogs. I have seen him flying planes on the show and he took his Dad on a Police ride along on one episode.

Well at least I have "The Little Couple" to still watch. Luv them.

Quoting myself to add: How is it that the ADULT children who are regulars on a TLC show aren't receiving a paycheck of their own?

VERY good question!

I wonder how the payment situation is set up in such instances?

:waitasec:

Does anyone know why Josh Duggar filed a lawsuit against the Arkansas Department of Human Services and why it was sealed? Was this to prevent the records of the molestation from being disclosed? IIRC, it was filed in 2007 and he would have been 19?
I really hope the answers to these questions are revealed....

After all....he was no longer a minor at this time...

:judge:

TLC should pay the kids in trust separate to parents, but I bet they don't.

Jill is a midwife but I guess that's an "approved career". Jinger is a talented photographer seeing some of her work on the show. She did the 2 couples engagement photos and other family shots. IMO she is talented. Always thought what a shame she will likely never be able to go after it as a career if inclined. Seems the boys are only ones encouraged. One of the older boys is a police officer in Arkansas. Wonder what he thinks of all this mess. I will google which son.

This is a huge misconception that Duggar apologists have repeated ad nauseum to the point that the media believes it to be true. But it's not. Jill has never been a midwife.

Jill trained online and at a midwifery center to become certified as a midwife and Jana did the same to become a doula. They assisted actual midwifes in births. But neither ever obtained certificates and both were subtle, but clear if you read between the lines, that they were training to be able to help each other and their friends, or to have skills useful to ministry, but not to obtain paying jobs.

It is very specific in their culture that women are not to work for pay outside the home except in very limited circumstances - for their headship's business (i.e. working at their father or husband's business under their protection and monitoring). Otherwise they may occasionally train outside the home for a home-based or female/child centered profession, with another buddy and they act as chaperones for one another.

They may also act as volunteers or work in ministries, while heavily chaperoned.

Sadly, sometimes the girls belonging to this movement but who only moderately adopt its principles, express certain aspirations (like to become a nurse), but after prayer, (read, parental vetoes), they almost always determine it is not the "right time."
I had been considering attending nursing school for a while, but the timing of it all wasn't working out, and I spent a lot of time in prayer, trying to figure out where God was leading me.http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggars-blog/jill-jana-duggar-midwifery/
All through my life, a common thread of lessons have involved obedience to my heavenly Father through my earthly father no matter the cost; this happened when I wanted to get into medical school and my father had a caution so I ended up taking my Home Health degree through correspondence (which was the best training I could have ever received!); then it happened again when I was going to serve in a ministry and ended up having a horseback riding accident in ’06 and my father asked me to fly back home; it occurred when Dad gave his blessing for me to serve with a ministry in Chicago (during which time I met Robert :)); and again in 2010, which is where the story begins. 2010 – a great year to begin afresh (isn’t every year?), plan goals, and set an active schedule to complete them. Being raised in a family where planning was taught and promoted, I relished my goal setting and schedule planning and had everything in order. However, in mid-January, Dad and Mama received a call from the International ALERT Academy, asking if I would be interested in serving as a counselor for the other young ladies on campus. Much to my astonishment, Mama and Dad were in favor of the opportunity. I went to the Lord in prayer and He confirmed that this was His direction. Really? Me? Where was the medical field I’ve dreamed about since I was a child? http://robertloveskendalyn.com/kendalyn/

Also, John David is a volunteer police officer. He doesn't get paid.

ETA: Jinger is not a professional photographer. She just uses her skill to help her family.

Thanks for that Gitana. Here I thought they were certified and paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member