AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add to that too, she sure married young and left her childhood home ASAP.

This is a good observation...

How do the grandparents "fit" into the tight family scenario of the Duggars?

IIRC....I think I read that Jim Bob's mom is quite instrumental in the PR/$$/donations part of the family "business".....

But what about the other grandparents of the Duggar kids?

Thanks for that Gitana. Here I thought they were certified and paid.

ETA I knew Jinger was not a Professional Photographer. I just meant she was good enough to pursue a career if she studied for it. IMO but we all know that will never happen

K-not sure how my ETA ended up in my post ^????

So I wonder what the protocol is if one of these young wives God forbid becomes a widow well before the time? Who takes care of them financially?

So I wonder what the protocol is if one of these young wives God forbid becomes a widow well before the time? Who takes care of them financially?

I believe I read up thread that one of the older brothers will take care of the widow...

But someone please clarify if this is incorrect....

TIA....:seeya:

Thanks for that Gitana. Here I thought they were certified and paid.

Oh no. It's so sad. For any who want more info about how horrible the stay at home daughter movement the Duggars promote is, and how they are connected to it, check out some links. Interestingly, many of the women who publish about this lifestyle are unmarried and childless, well into their 30's. I think that's because the expectation that God will bring a perfect godly man to their fathers is unrealistic. And since most of them remain focused on the home, they have less opportunities to meet someone. Some of these adherents have whole sad families of children in their 30's who are unmarried and they should avoid contact with young men and :

https://books.google.com/books?id=G...AEwCQ#v=onepage&q=botkins and duggars&f=false (The Duggars refer to and promote the sad Botkin sister's DVD about the Returning Daughters and even sadder 35 year old Sally Mally's book Before You Meet Pirnce Charming).

http://killingthebuddha.com/mag/dogma/victory-through-daughters/

http://thewartburgwatch.com/2010/11/23/sisterhood-of-the-stay-at-home-daughters/ (Anna Sofia is now about 30 and still unmarried).

http://www.brothersandsisters.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=82
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejo...t-lights-a-recipe-for-emotional-disaster.html

Here's the "Ah the Life" sisters. One is I think 36. Still unmarried: http://ahthelife.blogspot.com/

This is a good observation...

How do the grandparents "fit" into the tight family scenario of the Duggars?

IIRC....I think I read that Jim Bob's mom is quite instrumental in the PR/$$/donations part of the family "business".....

But what about the other grandparents of the Duggar kids?

They're not featured much. I know her sister is a lesbian and they aren't into that.

I believe I read up thread that one of the older brothers will take care of the widow...

But someone please clarify if this is incorrect....

TIA....:seeya:

Yes. But they also are allowed to develop home-based businesses such as craft-making or books sold online. They actually answer these questions on their blogs.

I had read and saw a picture of MD's sister who is a lesbian. If I'm not mistaken, she was in one or two episodes. Does the family not talk about MD's sister? Wonder if they see her at all anymore?

Thanks Gitana and others who have posted much of the info I did not know. Despite watching the show. Rather shocking and sad.

I was just wondering the same thing!

edited to add: thanks for the answer Clue and Gitana! :cheers:

Many details were redacted so I can't be totally sure but as far as I'm aware your guns are not an issue here. In this thread we are discussing Josh Duggar, a TV personality molesting his sisters and another unnamed victim and there is nothing to indicate that your guns had anything to do with it.

Sorry, I was trying to make a joke.

I'm thinking "the letter" was written by the oldest daughter. The way she "disappeared" from the show and family appearances was never fully explained but that would make sense.

I've never heard men being blamed for defrauding women by their dress. The Duggars go to the Big Sandy TX ATI conference every year. In fact they just went with Jill's new baby in tow. The Duggars were featured speakers!

As parents of 19 kids, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar teach invaluable lessons about equipping and releasing their children to follow what God has called them to do.

Big Sandy is where the ALERT program is where Josh was sent more than once. The girls were sent to the girls program-forget the name. Anyway, they are big on modesty but why do I feel it's mostly directed toward women? http://www.alertacademy.com/iaa/fc/program/modesty-note/

We request that women of all ages wear skirts, capris or loose fitting pants for all activities and refrain from wearing shorts or sleeveless shirts of any kind. Dress for Camp Meetings and in the Dining Hall should be skirts or dresses with a skirt that falls below the knee when seated....Please consider that the activity attendants and spectators at some events may view you at compromising angles as you participate in the activity. We have instructed our attendants and staff, at all events, to uphold the moral standards that have been put forth by the Lord and our authorities. Therefore, we reserve the right to deny participation in any activity where a participant’s attire may put themselves or the attendant in a compromising situation.

The men have to wear pants that "reach the knees" or, in other words, shorts, which womenfolk of course can't wear cause their knees are defrauding. And no way do they ever go to a beach or public swimming place. Of course Michelle wore a bathing suit and swam like a normal kid growing up... Here's MD's words of wisdom on "Modesty and Bathing Suits":

We typically don't go to the beach in the summertime. And in general we don't do a lot of swimming events where swimming suits are worn because it's just too hard for the guys to try to keep their eyes averted in those situations....Growing up I would wear a bathing suit or shorts and not realize that it was revealing. When I got older I really felt convicted about my responsibility for how I was causing others to be defrauded. And I began to cover up because I felt responsible for my part in that.
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggars-blog/michelle-duggar-modesty-and-bathing-suits/

And then once you're married you're a full time sex machine regardless of your personal feelings or preferences.

Anyone can fix him lunch, but only one person can meet that physical need of love that he has, and you always need to be available when he calls.

MD often speaks to groups of women at conferences and passes out ATI materials such as the "Seven Basic Needs of a Husband". http://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithgoespop/2012/02/michelle-duggars-tips-for-a-happy-marriage/

There's the usual sickening submission BS

1. Husbands are commanded to govern their wives (Genesis 3:16).
2. Wives are commanded to submit to their husbands (Eph. 5:22; Col. 3:18; I Peter 3:1).
3. A Wife's submission to her husband qualifies him for church leadership (I Timothy 3:4,5).
4. The headship of the husband is illustrated in Christ and the church (I Corinthians 11:3).

But what really struck me was this part about resisting a husband's physical "advances"

1.This is the unspoken crushing of a man's spirit.
2. A wife's godliness is a powerful guard against her husband's abuse of her (I Peter 3:1).

That is seriously messed up-so if a woman is abused that means SHE isn't godly enough!

Basically EVERYTHING is the woman's fault.

1. God works through a man's decisions - good or bad.
2. Bad decisions reveal his needs and allow the wife to appeal and demonstrate Godly character.
3. The more a wife trusts her husband, the more careful he will be in giving her direction.

When the man messes up it's just an opportunity for the woman to be Godly! And he's only going to give good direction if the woman trusts him enough.

WHEN YOUR HUSBAND MAKES A BAD DECISION, EXPLAIN TO HIM HOW GOD IS USING IT TO BENEFIT YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE

And after doing all that you still have to look good. There are even rules about what your hairstyle should "show".

Your Hairstyle Should Show Your -
a. Femininity vs. Masculinity b. Contentment vs. Frustration c. Neatness vs. Carelessness d. Submission vs. Pride e. Diligence vs. Weariness
f. Softness vs. Hardness g. Self-acceptance vs. Self-rejection h. Obedience vs. Defiance i. Patience vs. Impatience j. Personal organization vs. Disorganization k. Personal discipline vs. Inconsistency

This is some seriously derranged stuff.

EXTRA TIME AND EFFORT = EXPRESSION OF REVERENCE. DISCOVER AND CONFORM TO YOUR HUSBAND'S REAL WISHES.  ENCOURAGE HIM TO LEARN PRINCIPLES OF HAIR STYLING. EXPLAIN YOUR HAIRSTYLE TO OTHERS ON THE BASIS OF YOUR SUBMISSION TO
YOUR AUTHORITY

Is there any way whatsoever a person could come out of this environment and be in any way equipped to deal with reality?

Right! If the man is wise enough to lead the family without question, then why can't he see the sight of a woman's skin without getting all jelly legged? It's ILLOGICAL at best and yet....... continues. Some of the very hard core zealots in my extended family still live like this. It's BS. In summer the boys are allowed to wear shorts and tank tops but not the girls..... we're in Texas , FGS . If the boy cannot see flesh without flipping out, maybe THEY should be locked in the house !

Attachments

• 7BasicNeeds_Husband.pdf
    95.9 KB · Views: 8
Knees are defrauding. Lordy!!!!! Thanks for the info Boytwmom. Totally whack!

Ben's parents have a blog post that is just mind blowing (to me, anyway). I don't think we're allowed to post the link, so I won't. But...it's out there, if you want to read it.

FWIW, Mr. Seewald does say two things: that Josh's actions were terrible (paraphrasing), and that none of the victims should blame themselves, or are to blame (again, paraphrasing). So I give him credit for that.

BBM

He also thinks Jim-Bob and Michelle acted appropriately once they learned of the abuse:

from seewalds.com:

"...I believe that Josh’s parents acted in a way that godly parents should. They did not turn a blind eye, but earnestly sought help from the church, counselors, and eventually the police."

He either doesn't get it, or is unwilling to throw Jim-Bob under the bus, possibly because his son married into the family.

JMO

ETA: spelling

I've never heard men being blamed for defrauding women by their dress. The Duggars go to the Big Sandy TX ATI conference every year. In fact they just went with Jill's new baby in tow. The Duggars were featured speakers!

Big Sandy is where the ALERT program is where Josh was sent more than once. The girls were sent to the girls program-forget the name. Anyway, they are big on modesty but why do I feel it's mostly directed toward women? http://www.alertacademy.com/iaa/fc/program/modesty-note/

The men have to wear pants that "reach the knees" or, in other words, shorts, which womenfolk of course can't wear cause their knees are defrauding. And no way do they ever go to a beach or public swimming place. Of course Michelle wore a bathing suit and swam like a normal kid growing up... Here's MD's words of wisdom on "Modesty and Bathing Suits":

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/19-kids-and-counting/michelle-duggars-blog/michelle-duggar-modesty-and-bathing-suits/

And then once you're married you're a full time sex machine regardless of your personal feelings or preferences.

MD often speaks to groups of women at conferences and passes out ATI materials such as the "Seven Basic Needs of a Husband". http://www.patheos.com/blogs/faithgoespop/2012/02/michelle-duggars-tips-for-a-happy-marriage/

There's the usual sickening submission BS

But what really struck me was this part about resisting a husband's physical "advances"

That is seriously messed up-so if a woman is abused that means SHE isn't godly enough!

Basically EVERYTHING is the woman's fault.

When the man messes up it's just an opportunity for the woman to be Godly! And he's only going to give good direction if the woman trusts him enough.

And after doing all that you still have to look good. There are even rules about what your hairstyle should "show".

This is some seriously derranged stuff.

Is there any way whatsoever a person could come out of this environment and be in any way equipped to deal with reality?

ATI also has horrific ways of dealing with sexual abuse. Heavily blaming the victim. I don't know if I can link to them, but buzzfeed has a post up with excerpts and charts from their teachings. (The same info is posted elsewhere on other major news sites, I'm just too tired to find them!)

I don't believe people who cannot have children stay in the movement. They aren't really...well accepted...for lack of better words. In the movement, infertility is a punishment for sin in the woman. (So is having a disabled child.) It doesn't matter why you are infertile. Cancers, health reasons, doesn't matter...you are being punished. Something is deemed spiritually inferior about the woman. Of course, men are never considered as a source of the infertility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz