DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T - Beau Biden, VP Joe Biden's son, has died from brain cancer. How tragic! And Secretary of State, John Kerry, suffered a femur break while riding a bike. Tough day for our Highest Officials!

Very sad. I think Beau Biden had such a bright future.

Is it possible that a car was taken during the night, but police hasn't talked about it for some reason? Are all cars accounted for?
SS family sure had a lot of cars.

The Bentley is unknown AFAIK...but I doubt it in unknown to LE. There was an alleged friend of AS who said she drove a white Porsche SUV, but that has not been seen or mentioned by anyone else, AFAIK. She may have traded that in for one of the other known cars, and the friend wasn't aware of that.

Or they could both be missing, and LE for some unGodly reason, hasn't made that part of the crime. Which I think would be rather strange, considering...but according to many here, there are much more strange things happening with this case!!!

FWIW My money is on one of DW's relatives (brother/cousin) being an Ameritfleet employee.

The Bentley is unknown AFAIK...but I doubt it in unknown to LE. There was an alleged friend of AS who said she drove a white Porsche SUV, but that has not been seen or mentioned by anyone else, AFAIK. She may have traded that in for one of the other known cars, and the friend wasn't aware of that.

Or they could both be missing, and LE for some unGodly reason, hasn't made that part of the crime. Which I think would be rather strange, considering...but according to many here, there are much more strange things happening with this case!!!

What if the car was taken and stored somewhere and that is what they were going to go pick with with the truck? I think it's very unlikely police wouldn't have mentioned a missing car, but I am trying to come up with a reason as to why DW would need the truck.

Wondering about the bucket guy and what he did after running through that lot -- that bucket was pretty conspicuous and unwieldy and must have held something important -- e.g., the weapon, gloves he may have used. Hard to believe no one saw this guy in a hoodie racing along with that bucket. Did someone pick him up in a car?

Exactly. IMO it's going to turn out to be a red herring. Perhaps it was once in Amerit fleet and sold at auction and had not been repainted...

Or it's going to turn out that DW has an associate who is the mechanic that is assigned to that truck.

What if the car was taken and stored somewhere and that is what they were going to go pick with with the truck? I think it's very unlikely police wouldn't have mentioned a missing car, but I am trying to come up with a reason as to why DW would need the truck.

They can't actually transport a car in one of those trucks. There is no room. It's a rolling garage - they can do any kind of car fleet maintenance/repair from that garage. It's a shop-on-wheels. I don't know what that would mean, but I'm very sure it had a purpose to do with cars on some level.

So you are therefore assuming they were headed back to the house that night - a week later - to what...take the remaining cars? I don't care how stupid one is...and how brazen they are because of what they had already pulled off...that the same person would then, a week later, go back to the scene of the crime that is still under police protection to dismantle the cars, in the middle of the night while being a wanted man hunted by every LEO on the Eastern Seaboard.

No. In fact you cannot take a car in one of those trucks. It will not fit. They were coming back to do something that has to do with cars. Whose cars, I have no idea. But Wint and his brother likely have car "connections," let's just say. A fencing type connection would be my guess.

That truck was not capable of picking up a whole car. It had no ramp, so no way to get a car inside.

Who was paid $2500? As I recall, they were given that money to convert the money into money order. Money orders were found when Wint was arrested.

We don't know who or why the $2500 was given. There was 5 people besides Wint in the convoy with only 2 of them getting the money and there was no need for the convoy at all, let alone a box truck to get money orders.

And, IMO, if those cars had been tampered with and were needed as evidence, they would have been towed long before 2 weeks after the crime. It doesn't make sense that they would have been sitting out there, in the elements, and possible rain and wind/sun degrading evidence. I also have no doubt in my mind that LEO had taken at least a quick look to see if the cars had been "torn apart" (since welding has been discussed). If the insides were not completely intact, they would have been evidence long before.

Maybe all the keys to the towed cars were missing (?) With the synopsis being that someone intended to take them

Exactly. IMO it's going to turn out to be a red herring. Perhaps it was once in Amerit fleet and sold at auction and had not been repainted...

Amerit has stated it was one of theirs and that they are cooperating with LE. http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/...os-family-arrested-authorities-say-1.10457699

"The truck belongs to Amerit Fleet Solutions, and is basically a rolling garage, equipped to service and repair vehicles away from any fixed location. Spokeswoman Karen Vinton said the California-based company is aware that the truck was involved, and is cooperating with authorities."

Maybe all the keys to the towed cars were missing (?) With the synopsis being that someone intended to take them.
were intended on being taken

I would think that they would tow them away from the scene...rather than have LEO get inside and drive them away?? No?? We have no idea what the girls plan on doing with the house. If it were me, I would never return to that house. Period. I would ask that the things that weren't destroyed to be taken out and taken somewhere that I could go through them. That would include the cars. I wouldn't want them either...as they are connected to this horrific crime.

This is not just a house fire. This is not just a "Dad killed Mom" type murder. This was incredibly invasive. I would want nothing from that house except maybe jewelry that had sentimental value. Pictures. Sell/donate every other damn thing in it!

I don't see the cars being towed away as anything sinister or really to do with the investigation. If they were involved in the investigation, as I said, LE wouldn't have left them out there in the elements for 2 weeks.

Wondering about the bucket guy and what he did after running through that lot -- that bucket was pretty conspicuous and unwieldy and must have held something important -- e.g., the weapon, gloves he may have used. Hard to believe no one saw this guy in a hoodie racing along with that bucket. Did someone pick him up in a car?

We also don't know if he was running away from the Porsche or toward it. If toward it, the bucket may have contained gasoline.

Amerit has stated it was one of theirs and that they are cooperating with LE. http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/...os-family-arrested-authorities-say-1.10457699

"The truck belongs to Amerit Fleet Solutions, and is basically a rolling garage, equipped to service and repair vehicles away from any fixed location. Spokeswoman Karen Vinton said the California-based company is aware that the truck was involved, and is cooperating with authorities."

I hadn't seen that. So that points to either it was stolen or one of the five people arrested worked for them

FWIW My money is on one of DW's relatives (brother/cousin) being an Ameritfleet employee.

If there are multiple participants in commission of these crimes, it's especially sad that individual(s) may have mis-used employment resources in order to carry out crime(s) or criminal activity. The murder of Savapoulos family and Mrs. Figueroa is sad enough, but if former or employee(s) worked for them only to kill them or someone worked for rolling truck/Amerifleet only to misuse it to steal cars/chop-shops. If other individuals involved used legitimate employment for nefarious purposes, that's just low. There is no excuse for what happened to Savapoulos family and Mrs. Figueroa, but it's not like employee/alleged perp(s) are down and out homeless. It wouldn't excuse it, but it would be more vile if alleged perp(s) took advantage of employer generosity and kindness. Potentially career criminals who also have legitimate jobs is my guess. Anyone else with alleged gang connections besides relative? Jmo/

The Rolling Garage comes with mechanic.
http://www.ameritfleetsolutions.com

Thanks. That was my understanding... the trucks aren't rent-able, but thought I might have missed something. Also, birpu explained her/his thinking.

Also, I did some searching for arrests related to vehicle theft rings in the area specifically related to the time DW/aka SW was arrested for receiving stolen property (late March 2015) but didn't find anything. I could've missed something there, too... lol!

I don't find anything odd about deleting all SM if you're involved in a public scenario. I'd do the same. It's different when most of your friends/followers are the ones reading your posts. When it becomes thousands of people following a crime case, that is a different story.

Totally agree. If I were called out on the public stage for admittedly misleading law enforcement about delivering ransom money in such a horrifically gruesome crime involving a child, I would go into hiding too, and delete all my social media accounts as well. LE can still get to them, but at least the public couldn't.

We don't know who or why the $2500 was given. There was 5 people besides Wint in the convoy with only 2 of them getting the money and there was no need for the convoy at all, let alone a box truck to get money orders.

I suspect the women might have been along to do transactions that would keep the Wint brothers out of view, since at least Daron was wanted at that point. So they go inside to get the "clean" cash, and maybe then go in somewhere else to rent a storage garage or a car mover or something like that.
JMO

We also don't know if he was running away from the Porsche or toward it. If toward it, the bucket may have contained gasoline.

HHMMM...I don't see him running like he was with a bucket of gasoline!! It would have been splashing everywhere!! It has been surmised that the gas was siphoned from the Porsche. That makes me most sense to me. It would answer the question as to where he got the gas...and why a gas station in DC would allow someone to dispense gas in an unapproved container (I would think someone doing that anywhere in DC would raise some eyebrows - and SHOULD raise eyebrows anywhere in the country!!)

It just makes the most sense that he siphoned the gas, not got it somewhere else and ran back to the Porsche while sloshing it all around and all over himself. IMO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes