AR - Josh Duggar Admits Molesting Girls As A Teenager - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be saying that no victim of sexual abuse should be looked upon at any time during their life as a role model. WOW. Talk about blaming the victim! These girls are now hopelessly tainted

I don't think little girls should see the Duggar sisters as role models due to their submissive kowtowing to males, disdain for formal education, denial and rationalization of sexual abuse, and their seeming incapability of individual thought.

The girls could be great advocates for victims of sexual abuse if they ever choose to speak about their own original, unscripted thoughts when and if they are ready. But that is not what they are doing.

The way they are clearly parroting their parents' script and the way they seem to be trying to normalize sexual abuse is disturbing and could be dangerous.

You seem to be say
ing that no victim of sexual abuse should be looked upon at any time during their life as a role model. WOW. Talk about blaming the victim! These girls are now hopelessly tainted.

I assumed she meant their rationalization and minimizing of their molestation-- that young girls who are/will be sexually abused will think pushing it down and smiling is the way to deal with it.

I assumed she meant their rationalization and minimizing of their molestation-- that young girls who are/will be sexually abused will think pushing it down and smiling is the way to deal with it.

Exactly. This is like the time when Lisa Simpson was upset, Marge Simpson told her: "Push all your bad feelings down into the ground and SMILE! You'll make friends, boys will like you, and happiness will follow!"

^ JBD is an exhibitionist. :moo:

ETA: If Michelle Duggar had an ounce of common sense, she'd realize that JimBob has absolutely no respect for her. To JB, M is nothing more than a pumping post and incubator for their super-sized brood. A common concubine. Every time I see a video clip of her looking adoringly at her husband, I want to :puke:

From what I know about their religion, there isn't much in it that instructs a man to respect or honor his wife. I could be mistaken. Seems it's all about the females serving the males.

It's really interesting to me that Michelle wasn't born to this religion but chose to join it. So it seems to me that at some level she must feel she doesn't deserve respect from a spouse.

Disclaimer: just my own speculation. I am not a mental health professional nor do I play one on TV.

calli bear; I'm confused at the reasoning for Jessa to say this: "Bauer Media said:
Jill also said that 2/3 of families deal with sexual abuse, which I think she got backwards. The stat I'm familiar with is 1/3 of either girls or children are sexually abused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am certain that this did not take place. A professional/licensed counselor is a mandatory/mandated reporter in Arkansas.

Maybe be the girls and parents were referring to a licensed CONTRACTOR...

...as in the guy (who is in jail now for child *advertiser censored*) who Josh went to do hard labor with may have been a licensed contractor...

Sorry.... Couldn't resist...:slap:

wow. The girls do present themselves better than their parents, but they are saying the exact same things that their parents said the other night. Sometimes they are repeating their parents words verbatim, in contradiction with what is in the police reports. This seems so clearly rehearsed, and the story they are telling is just not believable.

I think their denial and minimization of the molestation could be dangerous for other victims, because it could encourage other victims to minimalize and rationalize abuse.

I'm confused at the reasoning for Jessa to say this: "Bauer Media, the parent company of the tabloid is a major *advertiser censored* provider".

I don't think she understands that *advertiser censored* is legal, but child molestation is not legal.

I feel sorry for the girls, but I would hate for them to be featured in a spinoff, for fear that little girls would see them as role models.

I am a retired teacher and I taught in a program that had Federal and State evaluators as well as other people who spent all day in the classroom . If we received special grants, we would be evaluated for those grants. We also had parents and teachers who had students for special needs in the classroom.

I got used to having people in the classroom and after awhile I did not even pay attention to the fact they were there.

The Duggars have practically grown up on camera with intimate moments displayed for all. I imagine there were lots more intimate moments that weren't shown to the public but seen by the crews.

They must be used to having their lives out there in the public.

<modsnip>

Clergy & educators are supposed to be mandatory reporters. At least in many states.

I cannot provide links because I'm new to this & don't know how to. Didn't the redacted reports say 4 sisters? And didn't one of them say not the eldest?

I cannot provide links because I'm new to this & don't know how to. Didn't the redacted reports say 4 sisters? And didn't one of them say not the eldest?

Too tired after a trying week to reread the reports, but that's what I recall as well.

Apparently this was a lot worse than the parents and the girls told us. One of the girls (Jessa?)said her parents put locks on the door as a safeguard. That tells me how bad the situation had become for those poor girls. They had to be locked away at night because the family's fear was that their own flesh and blood may sneak into their room and sexually assault them while they're sleeping. What a nightmare that must have been!

Apparently this was a lot worse than the parents and the girls told us. One of the girls (Jessa?)said her parents put locks on the door as a safeguard. That tells me how bad the situation had become for those poor girls. They had to be locked away at night because the family's fear was that their own flesh and blood may sneak into their room and sexually assault them while they're sleeping. What a nightmare that must have been!

Very good point. I don't think that was revealed before. It definitely makes it appear that they've been consciously minimizing the severity of what happened.

Really?
I'm sure no one thought to ask why they didn't put a lock on Josh's door instead.

Ugh, I was just reading about that. I can't begin to imagine what life must have been like for those poor kids. And DHS complimented the parents for doing it? That's DHS's idea of a safe parenting plan?

After the incidents, their parents, 19 Kids and Counting stars Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, talked to their 19 children about "not being alone," Jill, 24, told Megyn Kelly Friday on Fox News' The Kelly File.

"My parents said, 'Okay, we're not going to do this hide-and-seek thing where two people go off and hide together,' " the new mom explained.

Their parents put "locks on the doors," said Jill. "You know, everybody's in bed. Girls in the girls' room. Boys in the boys' room … as a mother now I look back, and I think, you know, my parents did such an amazing job for me. Even when we went through the DHS investigation they complimented my parents on what an amazing job they did through that process."

http://www.people.com/article/jill-duggar-jessa-duggar-josh-duggar-molestation-locks-doors

So for Megyn Kelly to be so irate and throwing this temper tantrum about the other media stations covering this does she think she is doing good here? After watching the interview with the girls and her other guest I will say she is just trying to get her name in the spotlight. I actually liked her till today.

Interview with parents they were so back and forth 1st is was over their clothes then well.... some were under. All of the girls were asleep well..... some were awake. But but but they didn't know. ( I swear had that interview kept going they would have confessed to him doing more it seemed b/c a bit more and more was revealed as the questions went on.)

After watching that interview its clear Jill knew what happened. Whether the tears were from the incident or embarrassment of everyone finding out its clear that she knew more. Jessa seemed more ehh on the whole thing. As if her age allowed the parents to persuade her into thinking their way a bit easier then it was for them to persuade Jill. I feel for the girls since you cant blame them for how they were raised. The entire interview I kept thinking what have they done to y'all to make y'all think this way.

If Ana was told did they tell the girls' husbands beforehand? Wondering if this is causing issues within the marriages, if was not brought up beforehand given the way they believe.

Ugh, I was just reading about that. I can't begin to imagine what life must have been like for those poor kids. And DHS complimented the parents for doing it? That's DHS's idea of a safe parenting plan?

After the incidents, their parents, 19 Kids and Counting stars Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, talked to their 19 children about "not being alone," Jill, 24, told Megyn Kelly Friday on Fox News' The Kelly File.

"My parents said, 'Okay, we're not going to do this hide-and-seek thing where two people go off and hide together,' " the new mom explained.

Their parents put "locks on the doors," said Jill. "You know, everybody's in bed. Girls in the girls' room. Boys in the boys' room &#8230; as a mother now I look back, and I think, you know, my parents did such an amazing job for me. Even when we went through the DHS investigation they complimented my parents on what an amazing job they did through that process."

http://www.people.com/article/jill-duggar-jessa-duggar-josh-duggar-molestation-locks-doors

There was a good bit of things they say they didn't remember due to age but they remembered the parents being complimented by DHS... I'm really supposed to believe they remembered that. Personally think mom and dad told them to say it to make them look good.

Yep, amazing parents put locks on their children's doors to protect them from the other kids in the family.

Wait. What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member