Found Deceased VA - Kathleen 'Katie' Barham, 32, Portsmouth, 27 May 2015

According to her Facebook, she posted a photo of her son's birthday present and was excited to see his expression when he got it. That post was on May 27th. She seemed happy and as having things to look forward to.

I won't pass judgement on RF yet. But, who doesn't at least call her family and friends to see if they've heard from her on say, day 1....heck, day 2. Who waits 9 days?! Especially when they are just running to the on premises laundry room.

I, too, wonder where her kids were. It's possible they have summers with their father so didn't realize she wasn't home. Although, I would think they would wonder why she hadn't called or something.

This one stinks!

On an above linked story (link below) it says RF filed a missing person's case on May 28. So, if that's the case, it's totally on LE

"Fegan filed a missing persons report for Barham May 28. Portsmouth police confirm a detective wasn’t assigned to the case until Monday, June 8. That has the family concerned and frustrated."

http://wavy.com/2015/06/09/police-searching-for-missing-portsmouth-mother/

According to her Facebook, she posted a photo of her son's birthday present and was excited to see his expression when he got it. That post was on May 27th. She seemed happy and as having things to look forward to.

I won't pass judgement on RF yet. But, who doesn't at least call her family and friends to see if they've heard from her on say, day 1....heck, day 2. Who waits 9 days?! Especially when they are just running to the on premises laundry room.

I, too, wonder where her kids were. It's possible they have summers with their father so didn't realize she wasn't home. Although, I would think they would wonder why she hadn't called or something.

This one stinks!

RF is the father of the two children according to this article.

http://www.13newsnow.com/story/news...mouth-mother-missing-for-nearly-2-weeks/28733

According to the above link (post above - I'm on TT and can't copy text & links). I guess RF didn't tell the family for 9 days - but apparently he did report to police the next day

""I didn't find out about it until the following Saturday – 9 days after it happened. Something is not right. It's totally out of character for her. She is the mother of two small children who she dotes on. Something wrong has happened here. Whoever has her I wish they would at least let her go. She has children that depend on her. I'm feeling helpless and frustrated," he said."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, in that article Katie's mother's boyfriend says she was low on coins for the laundry room and may have walked across the street to a gas station.

It seems that they all think she might have been kidnapped.

Do we know if this apartment complex has security cameras?

If the clothes were warm in the dryer, then evidently she had enough money...and moved the laundry from the washer to the dryer at some point? I suppose she may have needed change for further loads.

more from wavy link above=>

"Her phone was on for four days, and now it is off. For four days they could have tracked her on it and wouldn’t do it. They told me it was a hassle and needed a warrant.”

from the Portsmouth Police Department statement:

At this time, we are conducting an internal review to determine what caused a delay in assigning the missing person case of Kathleen Barham to a detective for follow-up investigation.

This is what happens when the cops poo-poo missing persons reports. If they keep this kind of thing up, lawmakers across the country are going to be forced to rescind the laws that shield law enforcement from being sued for negligence and incompetence. Everybody that follows these cases knows how bad it can get sometimes.

I'd be interested to know the nature of the initial Missing Persons report to LE. At face value, Katie is an adult & doesn't appear to be classed as "at risk". It all depends on how the report was given by RF to LE. I'm not sure about the USA but in the UK not all Misper reports are classed as critical - it takes more investigation to determine the risk of harm to the misper (or anyone else). I'm not defending LE as such but LE only have so many resources and do occasionally mess up - they're human and working within constraints set upon them by government (funds/procedures etc).

Sad to hear a body has been found - someone is going to be heartbroken about that :(

I'm wondering if Katie's disappearance is connected to Brianna Armstrong's murder case out of Chesapeake va. Brianna went missing May 7th and police believe held captive before being murdered around may 27th. police took someone into custody yesterday. perhaps these two woman ran into the same bad guy.

This is JMO because it hasn't been stated in the news but I THINK the person taken into custody in the Brianna Armstrong disappearance and murder is/was her boyfriend. IF that is true then I don't think (although stranger things have happened) they would have gone missing by the same person.

JMO

I really think it's just a coincidence. Imo brianna's murderer was someone close to her. Although all these women going missing in this area is making a lot of people talk of serial killers and such. I know I've always been very aware of my surroundings, but I've been on high alert lately.

Also, in that article Katie's mother's boyfriend says she was low on coins for the laundry room and may have walked across the street to a gas station.

It seems that they all think she might have been kidnapped.

I read that last night and looked on google maps at the apartment complex address and couldn't find either one of these businesses within walking distance of "across the street". It was late & I was heading to bed, so will look again today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would her body be that decomposed to the stage of not being able to tell if it is a male or female even if she has been missing for two weeks?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back