WA - Civil rights activist Rachel Dolezal pretending to be black, parents say #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am behind so pardon if this has already been discussed but IIRC she was homeschooled according to her bio parents. Her Dad said something about Rachel not needing much supervision because she was so self motivated and was a 4.0 student in her highschool studies.

The kids weren't homeschooled. Joshua actually credits a teacher he had in school for opening up other life possibilities, including being a writer.

ETA. I'm mistaken. Looks Rachel was and Joshua wasn't.

Her parents accuse Rachel of trying to destroy her "biological" family. That's kinda interesting, since the kid she took away from them was adopted, not her biological sibling. I'm thinking her parents are most likely referring to her involvement in the child molestation case against Joshua.

Rachel has said that the minor Joshua allegedly molested is their sister. Whatever did or didn't happen, there is an actual and active case against Joshua in Colorado. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that Rachel instigated the charges and that she did so out of malice.

Way back when a couple of days ago I questioned why anyone in her family would speak out against her. Now I marvel at their restraint.

The kids weren't homeschooled. Joshua actually credits a teacher he had in school for opening up other life possibilities, including being a writer.

A couple of thoughts . . . could it have been a teacher in college he is referring to? Could Josh have been allowed to attend public or a religious school but RD was homeschooled?

I just remember the bio parents discussing RD being homeschooled using a specific christian program that had a acronym of CLASS. Not sure of the link - just something that stuck in my mind.

Dolezal's father, Larry, told The Press by email Wednesday that Dolezal worked hard at her education. She graduated with a 4.0 GPA and was one of many co-valedictorians from Christian Liberty Academy Satellite School.

"We chose the option with parental oversight and a complete high school transcript processed through CLASS," Larry wrote. "Rachel required minimal supervision, because she was a highly motivated and responsible student."

He noted that his daughter graduated with high honors at the top of her class and received many awards for her work while she was earning her bachelor's degree from Belhaven and then her Master of Fine Arts degree from Howard University in Washington, D.C.
http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_385adfeb-76f3-5050-98b4-d4bf021c423f.html

http://www.homeschools.org/whatIsCLASS/classAdministrationPlan.html

Her parents accuse Rachel of trying to destroy her "biological" family. That's kinda interesting, since the kid she took away from them was adopted, not her biological sibling. I'm thinking her parents are most likely referring to her involvement in the child molestation case against Joshua.

Rachel has said that the minor Joshua allegedly molested is their sister. Whatever did or didn't happen, there is an actual and active case against Joshua in Colorado. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that Rachel instigated the charges and that she did so out of malice.

Way back when a couple of days ago I questioned why anyone in her family would speak out against her. Now I marvel at their restraint.

At first I thought the sexual molestation of a child accusations against Josh were related to the adopted brother that RD took guardianship for, hence the family rift. But the most recent story I read was these allegations came to the forefront because Josh has a 1 y/o daughter and someone felt the need to protect that child. Most sexual perpetrators do not jump ship. In other words, they have a fondness (for lack of a better word) for a particular sex (generally) and stay with that. So if he perpetrated against a male child, I would not automatically assume he would do so against a female child.

BTW, if there have been 14 years since these alleged acts occurred against a 6 y/o or 7 y/o child that would put the child at being approx. 21 now - the same age as the adopted brother/fictive son of RD.

How come charges from 14 years ago can be brought against this man, but Josh Duggar can't be held accountable in 2006 for his child molestations in 2002 & 2003 because the statuate of limitations has run? Is this just a difference between State statuates? I am truly confused!

I homeschooled around that time. Iirc Christian Liberty Academy "schools" back then (in my area) were mainly located in Independent Baptist-type churches, but maybe there was an at-home option too. The instruction was online and each student sat at a cartel with a screen/keyboard and completed assignments independently with a teacher available on site to help as needed. Usually there were 12 students or less. In those days very few kids were homeschooled through high school, so JD could have been speaking about a high school teacher. Or a real teacher/tutor, which was an option online and by phone then and now.

A couple of thoughts . . . could it have been a teacher in college he is referring to? Could Josh have been allowed to attend public or a religious school but RD was homeschooled?

I just remember the bio parents discussing RD being homeschooled using a specific christian program that had a acronym of CLASS. Not sure of the link - just something that stuck in my mind.

Just skimmed through Joshua's book, double checking. He definitely went to regular school, at least from the 8th grade on, as he mentions that money raised from the berries he picked all went to school clothes.

The school he went to was co-ed, and he talks about kissing and flirting with a girl classmate he has a crush on who mocked him for his belief in God. He doesn't mention Rachel and school, but he doesn't write about her much anyway, and never by name.

I guess it's possible she was homeschooled, but that doesn't seem consistent with what Joshua wrote, or with the fact Rachel hasn't claimed her parents were sexist and robbed her of an adequate education.

ETA...thanks for info about the Christian Academy. So she was homeschool and Joshua was not. What was the age difference between the two? I think Rachel was born in 1976 or so, which means by the time she was school aged her parents had become far more conservative politically. Maybe that accounts for the difference?

Interesting, though, that the two siblings had such a vastly different experience growing up. Might help account for her hostility towards her parents.

I was wondering when something would pop up about Rachel being racially victimized in the deep racist south. The south is too delicious of a target for her to let slip by without a tale of appalling racial abuse happening to her here. Pfft it doesn't matter that she and her parents are white! Or that they never lived in the south! Thank you for not disappointing, Rachel. *slow clap* Ironically you are more racist than all who you accuse.

BBM. So poetically written and so true.

I really hope we start to have interviews that don't softball the questions and by interviewers who know a ton about her. Do the softball stuff at the beginning and then dive in with the crazy stuff she's said hat can be easily refuted. And that shows she didn;t just identify as black, she lied about her history.

She can't see how it's possible to be the white mother of a black son? Really? How unevolved, especially for a woman who claims she's responsible for helping the whole human race move past those artificial distinctions.

Many white women have adopted black sons and daughters- her own mother included, and have managed just fine.

Although......I am kind of wondering how "well" her own mom did it.

I would really like to know more about this family dynamic.

I find it odd that she would have custody of her brother if there were not some issues there.

JMO

At first I thought the sexual molestation of a child accusations against Josh were related to the adopted brother that RD took guardianship for, hence the family rift. But the most recent story I read was these allegations came to the forefront because Josh has a 1 y/o daughter and someone felt the need to protect that child. Most sexual perpetrators do not jump ship. In other words, they have a fondness (for lack of a better word) for a particular sex (generally) and stay with that. So if he perpetrated against a male child, I would not automatically assume he would do so against a female child.

BTW, if there have been 14 years since these alleged acts occurred against a 6 y/o or 7 y/o child that would put the child at being approx. 21 now - the same age as the adopted brother/fictive son of RD.

How come charges from 14 years ago can be brought against this man, but Josh Duggar can't be held accountable in 2006 for his child molestations in 2002 & 2003 because the statuate of limitations has run? Is this just a difference between State statuates? I am truly confused!

I read it was a sister he molested.
I found this.Don't know if its been posted yet.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...al-for-alleged-sexual-abuse-of-a-black-child/

Something else bothers me about the Matt Lauer interview. Rachel stated the picture of her at 16 (showing her lily whiteness) referring to herself in the 3rd person "she" identifies herself as white. But in the next sentence RD states she was drawing herself as a black person with the brown crayon at age 5, when "the teacher" took away her brown crayon and handed her a peach colored one. She contradicted herself in the same interview!

Whether or not she attended public school after 8th grade, she clearly was homeschooled at age 5 using the CLASS program (which does go up to 12th grade at least now BTW). So who was the teacher she referred to? Her parent(s)?

Something else bothers me about the Matt Lauer interview. Rachel stated the picture of her at 16 (showing her lily whiteness) referring to herself in the 3rd person "she" identifies herself as white. But in the next sentence RD states she was drawing herself as a black person with the brown crayon at age 5, when "the teacher" took away her brown crayon and handed her a peach colored one. She contradicted herself in the same interview!

Whether or not she attended public school after 8th grade, she clearly was homeschooled at age 5 using the CLASS program (which does go up to 12th grade at least now BTW). So who was the teacher she referred to? Her parent(s)?

I didn't hear the part about the "teacher/crayon" scenario. I heard her talk about the crayon, but not with a teacher around...I'm going to have to go back and listen. You must have great listening skills!

He isn't accused of molesting his adopted brother. It's the adopted sister he is accused of molesting. His parents adopted 3 boys, 1 girl.

He isn't accused of molesting his adopted brother. It's the adopted sister he is accused of molesting. His parents adopted 3 boys, 1 girl.

YES-I knew it was a female that I read about and it was a sister who filed the lawsuit against him!

Just skimmed through Joshua's book, double checking. He definitely went to regular school, at least from the 8th grade on, as he mentions that money raised from the berries he picked all went to school clothes.

The school he went to was co-ed, and he talks about kissing and flirting with a girl classmate he has a crush on who mocked him for his belief in God. He doesn't mention Rachel and school, but he doesn't write about her much anyway, and never by name.

I guess it's possible she was homeschooled, but that doesn't seem consistent with what Joshua wrote, or with the fact Rachel hasn't claimed her parents were sexist and robbed her of an adequate education.

ETA...thanks for info about the Christian Academy. So she was homeschool and Joshua was not. What was the age difference between the two? I think Rachel was born in 1976 or so, which means by the time she was school aged her parents had become far more conservative politically. Maybe that accounts for the difference?

Interesting, though, that the two siblings had such a vastly different experience growing up. Might help account for her hostility towards her parents.

Is the book true to life in all respects? Some memoirs take liberties because the writer has an agenda or wants to make it more interesting.

Rachel made numerous allegations over the years of hate crimes and accused her mentor of slipping her a date rape drug. This article details some of her allegations.
"One of Doležal’s paintings was at a convention center in San Francisco, where her and a trusted mentor went out to dinner together to celebrate the sale. As soon as Doležal looked away, the mentor slipped gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, also called the “date-rape drug,” into her drink. - See more at: http://easterneronline.com/35006/eagle-life/a-life-to-be-heard/#sthash.6TVjVCVl.dpuf

Speculation alert.....

I don't know how dates line up. I think Rachel was 16 when the other kids were adopted, 2 years away from leaving for college, and I think Joshua had already left home.

It has always struck me as odd that she assumed guardianship of her parents' adopted son. Perhaps, maybe they didn't fight her because she alleged he was abused? I can imagine the parents letting him go in that case, especially if the child believed it and had turned against them already, or if it was true and Rachel taking him made the problem go away.

Rachel's involvement now, if the alleged victim is a baby, suggests she is accusing Joshua about the past abuse and suggesting any child of his is at risk.

Of course, this is the same woman who accuses her parents of using a slave whip on their children, and numbering lashes according to skin color.

Joshua is two years older than Rachel. He wrote in his book that he was at the end of his senior year in high school when the first child, a boy, was adopted in 1993. The children were adopted between 1993-1995.

Her father was affiliated with creationists when he was on his mission in Africa.

I will leave that up to others to interpret how "fundamentalist" that belief is.

As an aside, both the brother and Rachel claim that Jesus was the witness on their birth certificates. We've seen Rachel's ... where was Jesus?

That's not the original, that was issued on 6/9/15 to her parents to prove they were her parents. The original was filed about a month after her birth, we don't know what that had on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member