NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
TWCews is showing the conference now, I'll try to transcribe quick - sorry for typos, will fix shortly -

starting now outside cadyville elementary, lets go here live.

brief prepared statement then questions

developed more than 2000 leads as of today, each one is followed until exhausted, relying heavily on expertise of partners, team effort

checked leads in steuben and allegany county. friendsville search ended, area is now clear.

as of right now both sightings remain unconfirmed.

on a separate track we are investigating a lead in owls head, franklin county. have developed evidence the suspects MAY HAVE spent ime in a cabin in this area. we have LE from around the county and state here today searching this location. we don't want to put info out there that may jeopardize this investigation. number one priority put them back in prison. asking public to remain on alert, take any necessary safety precautions, remain vigilant, report ANYTHING - ANYTHING - out of place especially at seasonal camps, call us immediately .. also check trail cameras and notify us immediately of any suspicious activities. LE will maintain a strong presence in this region until we bring this matter to a close. want to thank everyone, will take a few questions

(questions are too quiet to hear - ) - we have recovered specific items from that cabin and sent them to laboratories and come to a conclusive conclusion, not prepared to share what that evidence is at this time.

(can't hear question) - number of factors make this a complex search - weather, terrain, vast scope of the north country of the adirondacks.

did conclusive tests on anything and everything sent to labs for DNA testing

we have no definitive evidence that anyone else assisted them but are certainly not ruling it out and are using all avenues at their disposal

they could have done research or had some collaboration on the location of this cabin or the region in general

this is a confirmed lead for us, it has generated a massive LE response as you can see

i don't concern myself with ?? the search, i concern myself with finding the inmates.

(talking about cooperation among various LE depts)

(sorry for typos will fix later)

CO is on admin leave, will not comment on specifics

a lockdown [ at a school] occurred last thurs out of an abundance of caution, we were running a lead in that area and we advised them not to get overly concerned and they opted to take that lock down

(can't hear the questions so am typing answers)

TWCNews broke away, I'll go to CNN...

ETA CNN is done too. now back to guests.

I guess they have to do these pressers so that people don't get too antsy.

But they are full of nothing! Getting our hopes up...and stuff.

Lois Clermont ‏@EditorLois 6m6 minutes ago

Guess answering question: "I don't concern myself with the cost of the search; I concern myself with finding the inmates." #PrisonBreakNY

Lois Clermont ‏@EditorLois 5m5 minutes ago

People in Lyon Mt., Dannemora, Standish area with trail cameras asked to call 911 if any suspicious images were captured. #PrisonBreakNY

WHAT?

Lois Clermont ‏@EditorLois [video=twitter;613013216520761344]https://twitter.com/EditorLois/status/613013216520761344[/video]
The Mountain View hunting camp where intrusion took place is owned by group of correction officers, Press-Republican learns. #PrisonBreakNY

WOW? Cabin owned by group of corrections officers?

This is just crazy and it keeps getting more and more incredible. The movie makers need to wait till this is over because the story keeps getting more amazing by the day.

Just today we hear of one of them running around without his underwear and now this news about who owned the cabin. Just incredible.

Oh Tilly. Oh Tilly. LOL :)

WOW? Cabin owned by group of corrections officers?

This is just crazy and it keeps getting more and more incredible. The movie makers need to wait till this is over because the story keeps getting more amazing by the day.

Just today we hear of one of them running around without his underwear and now this news about who owned the cabin. Just incredible.

Oh Tilly. Oh Tilly. LOL :)

This is a good time for anyone who saw my post about reading that facebook comment but DIDN"T read it, to go ahead on over there and read it. It's got a specific comment about a specific person who may have specifically been an owner of that vacation.. i mean.. hunting cabin.

Can anyone explain what the term "camp" or "hunting camp" means? Is this just a shack? Are they open to the public or privately owned? I understand "cabin" but trying to understand the difference between cabin and camp. TIA.

This is a good time for anyone who saw my post about reading that facebook comment but DIDN"T read it, to go ahead on over there and read it. It's got a specific comment about a specific person who may have specifically been an owner of that vacation.. i mean.. hunting cabin.

Go over where?

I couldn't find it, could you give me a little guidance again.

Could Gene Palmer be an owner of the hunt cabin?

I have been reading it since last evening. I don't see anything specific on this.

Can anyone explain what the term "camp" or "hunting camp" means? Is this just a shack? Are they open to the public or privately owned? I understand "cabin" but trying to understand the difference between cabin and camp. TIA.

I can try since years ago when I was younger I spent lots of time hunting woods with friends.

The bottom line is they vary greatly in quality, size, condition, etc. Each "hunting cabin" is going to be different than another. Some are very nice and modern and well equipped and some are beat up old shacks. So unless we get a picture of it, we will need more description of where they were holed up.

Since a group owned it, those are usually the more nicer ones because a group usually volunteers to go to it each season and everyone helps chip in to fix it up and do chores.

It sounds to me that that particular one was probably a pretty decent cabin. The hunters who own it typically will keep some basic supplies at the cabin like canned food, water, bug spray, lighter fluid, etc.

What worries me about who owned it was they may have even left a weapon with ammo there.

Usually guns are not kept at a cabin though because theft is a problem all cabin owners have to deal with. But some of the nicer ones are locked up pretty tight and I have seen people leave cheaper type guns at a cabin before. The ones they dont mind missing if it ends up stolen.

The term "Hunting Camp" is used loosely and sometimes used to describe the whole place. Some people will use tents when they go hunting and would call their place a hunting camp like a true campsite. But even Hunting Cabins are called Hunting Camps by some.

Its just a loose term for the whole place and area around where they are staying to hunt.

The only word that comes to mind after the revelations about Tillie, Lyle, palmer and the owners of the cabin...a complete cluster&@$!!

Is there anyone who was NOT involved? Sheesh!

HHMMM...that is sort of a stretch based on what we know. I guess that could be the outcome of this.

Who is the guy that went to the camp to check on it then? And reported it to LE??

And wasn't this guy Gene Palmer put on leave last week? Before this cabin thing ever came up?

If I"m doing this wrong please moderator delete.

I don't normally do facebook here on WS.

This is an MSM facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/5WPTZ

If you scroll down the page you will see a photo of a watch tower at Clinton Correctional and see the headline "Corrections officer placed on leave received painting done by escapee".

If you look at the comments under that you will see a comment by a male named CL which is, for WS purposes, considered RUMOR at best I think, but which helps shed light on this search of the cabin in Owl's Head that led to finding DNA of Sweat, etc.

I think almost everyone following this thread might find it interesting if not fascinating. JMO.

ETA - it touches on the CO being on vacation as well. Very interesting JMO. Well worth the read. IMO. seriously.

bumping for those who didnt see it... read all the comments to that comment as well.

HHMMM...that is sort of a stretch based on what we know. I guess that could be the outcome of this.

Who is the guy that went to the camp to check on it then? And reported it to LE??

And wasn't this guy Gene Palmer put on leave last week? Before this cabin thing ever came up?

There is a link somewhere that Palmer was on vacation the day of the escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member