NJ - " I am the Watcher..." -- A Hoax ?

....not much new but still stalking the tabloids:

Stalker nicknamed ‘The Watcher’ who terrorized New Jersey family with sinister
letters is a local who has a chip on his shoulder about money, say FBI profilers

--Daily Mail

Also, the letters should be released in their entirety so we could read the complete things because, like, cool! because someone somewhere -- an old English teacher, perhaps -- might recognize instances of syntax or usage.

I agree that they should publish the entire letters. Someone, somewhere will recognize the writing. If there is personal or embarrassing details about the victims in the letters, that could be redacted out.

OK, hands on this. Who thinks it's legit, that -- oh, barring a bit of prettifying of the prose (some of it is not; it's sheer prosaic hell -- weird dichotomy) -- there is a mostly reliable narrator beating his (has to be his) chest and trilling sharply to the gathering stormclouds that yes, this is real, this is exactly what he feels? That this benighted place, yes, means something, that this house has been in the family, so to speak, a gathering obsession, for scores of years now?

Big leap of faith to say so, I realize.

OK, hands on this. Who thinks it's legit, that -- oh, barring a bit of prettifying of the prose (some of it is not; it's sheer prosaic hell -- weird dichotomy) -- there is a mostly reliable narrator beating his (has to be his) chest and trilling sharply to the gathering stormclouds that yes, this is real, this is exactly what he feels? That this benighted place, yes, means something, that this house has been in the family, so to speak, a gathering obsession, for scores of years now?

Big leap of faith to say so, I realize.

I want to believe it very badly, mostly because it is much cooler than some scam.

Creepy=neato in my slighty off mind. :D

I get chills down my spine reading about this situation the same as when I visit the Zodiac killer threads.

There is interest already in turning this story into a movie according to the cinema blend website I would link but cut and paste is being temperamental on my iPad. I don't think this story is a hoax due to the lawsuit. Maybe the house can be sold to some horror fans or turned into a tourist attraction.

The current homeowners filed a lawsuit in Superior Court in Elizabeth earlier this month based on those previous letters. They claim that the previous homeowners received a letter from "The Watcher" on May 26, 2014, days before closing on the house sale.
The lawsuit does not disclose how the current owners know that the former property owners received a letter from "The Watcher."

I think that's the million dollar question. How DO the new homeowners know the precious owners received a letter from the watcher on May 26th, 2014?

Has LE confirmed they have ever seen the first letter to the original owners?
It is very hokey!

Has LE confirmed they have ever seen the first letter to the original owners?
It is very hokey!

For the moment, the confirmation that the previous owners also received the letters, comes from an insurance company, and the " watcher ", him, or herself.
Beginning to wonder if a female might be involved somehow, or maybe someone who does not want kids to move in? imo.

"Chicago Title Insurance Company and even 'The Watcher,' the frightened family say in court filings that the previous owners received a letter from The Watcher just days before the closing."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...me-sent-town-12-miles-away.html#ixzz3eblexJ8D
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not necessarily a favorite but eerie (and lyrically representative) enough for soundtrack.

ETA:

Oh, and this (cf. New Jersey Family Terrorized By ‘The Watcher’ After Buying Dream Home etc. etc.).

Maybe the watcher is a former employee from long ago?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiRi224
Back