SIDEBAR #51 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of some people who are convinced Planet X is going to hit the earth and have dug pits to drop cargo containers into. Stocking up on food, etc., etc.
If a planet hits the earth, I don't think anything is going to protect anybody, just "poof". Supposed to happen before Easter next year, but it's been put off several times.

(no, I don't buy it, but small towns are ripe with conspiracies and doomsday believers, the "black helicopter", "Go Pack", "Doomsday Preppers" groups)

We have awesome meteor showers all through August down here. It's a nightly occurrence. I'll have to make sure I'm outside the 11th-13th.

I do think something is "there", and it's right on time. But I don't think it's going to hit the earth.

Rev 21; And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Hi I Like . I have a confession to ,make. I read through the Bible. I have never really read Revelations. Why? I am skeerd to!! :doorhide:

I had to put my beloved fur baby down today and I am devastated. I don't know how I'll get through this. It's been just me and her in this big arse house for so long and now it's just me. I am lost and I am broken :frown:

Nicholas Winton, Savior Of More Than 600 Children From Holocaust, Dead At 106

"Sir Nicholas Winton, recognized as the "British Schindler" for helping rescue more than 600 Czech children fated for death in Nazi concentration camps, died Wednesday at the age of 106.

Born May 19, 1909 in London, Winton, died with his daughter Barbara and two grandchildren by his side, reported the Rotary Club of Maidenhead..."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...ead-_n_7707214.html?ncid=newsltushpmg00000003

Remembering Sir Nicholas Winton, Who Saved 669 Children From the Holocaust

""Britain's Schindler" stepped up to save children while the world was burning

What if the only way you can be good is to be great? There are moments in history when people are confronted by moral choices so stark that they either have to take risks or turn away..."

http://time.com/3944620/sir-nicholas-winton-britains-schindler/

RIP brave man :candle:

sir%20nicholas%20winton.jpg

Link: http://www.hitlerschildren.com/media/upload/images/sir nicholas winton.jpg

I sooooo love and respect this man. RIP, Sir Nicholas Winton.

I had to put my beloved fur baby down today and I am devastated. I don't know how I'll get through this. It's been just me and her in this big arse house for so long and now it's just me. I am lost and I am broken :frown:

Awww, so sorry for you Dmacky. Please trust that it will get better, slowly but surely. Sending hugs your way.

Dmacky so sorry to read this sad news. Having to let go of a beloved animal companion is so hard.

:grouphug:

ETA when you are ready, www.petloss.com is a wonderful resource. It was an emotional lifeline for me when I had to put down my last two pups in 2004 and 2006.

Would you believe I am almost never bitten by mesquitos? I must be sour. all my life. I cannot remember the last time

I'm so sorry.

[video=youtube;S2DTLbTQj0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S2DTLbTQj0I[/video]

Bernina! I never knew....

:facepalm: Ok, here's the skinny:

My mom had a Bernina sewing machine 18 months before I was born.....thank God she didn't have a Singer.

It does kind of help that there's the Swiss Mountain range by that name, the sewing machine is made in Switzerland, and is a truly incredible piece of machinery. I did learn how to sew on it too.
Mom bought her 2nd one back in 1987, but I haven't a clue if she has it still or uses it. She bought the newer version because it did more "things", and gave the old one to my ex-SIL. Figure she bought the 1st in 1959, so it had an exceptional run of about 36 years w/mom.

From what I found on Google, "Bernina" is also French, but I don't have any French, or Swiss ancestry. I've gone by Nina, Bernie, and Red because many people couldn't pronounce my name. School teachers usually just said my last name the first day of school....probably wouldn't have gone to well if they mispronounced my name. :floorlaugh:

.......... my folks were probably just shocked to have their first child be a red head and just named me after the first thing they glanced at when they got home from the hospital. My sibs were more fortunate, blond hair, blue eyes, tanned like they were Mexican, typical Swedes, Stephen Micheal, Jonathan David, and Kjersten <------actually have someone in the family tree way back by that name, but my sis had to wait 2+ years before it became official. My mom wanted Karina, dad wanted Kjersten, dad won, but it the mean time, my 18 month younger bro and me called her "no nothing" while my folks called her "no name". (Pronounced "Sure- sten") Us girls didn't get middle names. I felt cheated.:shame:

If I had been the first grand dauhter on my dad's side, I would have been named "Stacy" after my grandpa. But, I was the 2nd, so I dodged THAT bullet. Imagine being named after the man who would later molest you?

That's the back story about my name.

Oh no! :grouphug:

Would you believe I am almost never bitten by mesquitos? I must be sour. all my life. I cannot remember the last time

Same here, unless mesquitos are different then mosquitoes, or is that mojitos?

:floorlaugh:

Dmacky-so sorry for your loss.I have been thru that and it is tough.When i was ready i got a shelter pet. It is not a replacement but each animal is blessed with the love you give them.

I'm so sorry, my dear friend :( It's like a piece of us are gone when we lose our beloved fur babies. (((((HUGS)))))

The results are in for the Salt Treatment' for my ear. I was fair and tried it with salt and without salt. They both made the ear feel better and with both being a cool compress I can't honestly say if the slat worked or not, but the coolness of the cloth did help quit a bit :)

I do think something is "there", and it's right on time. But I don't think it's going to hit the earth.

Rev 21; And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

I have a few observations:

If the 2nd coming is after the destruction of Israel, why are Christian Americans the biggest contributors to that Nation when they *may* be putting a glitch in the plan?
And why are Christians so fearful of Revelations when it's "The Plan"?
Aren't Christians kind of bummed that it's 144,000 virgin, male Jews, who never told a lie, that will be taken up? And if they're supposed to be from the 12 tribes, aren't 2 tribes totally gone?
Why aren't Christians embracing the "End" if it means the return of Jesus?
I also thought the Old Testament God was one of wrath, and the New Testament was a God of love.
I think if I was Christian, I'd be majorly psyched about the Last Days.

Just some random thoughts. Doesn't make a bit of sense, stopping the "inevitable", I say "Bring it on", I'm up for an adventure.

The results are in for the Salt Treatment' for my ear. I was fair and tried it with salt and without salt. They both made the ear feel better and with both being a cool compress I can't honestly say if the slat worked or not, but the coolness of the cloth did help quit a bit :)

My mom used aspirin and water mixed into a paste for bug bites. It worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea