MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
While trying to put together any worthy pieces of this case, I also consider that this state borders the ocean. Therefore this child could be from a different country. I hope we find an answer soon, but if not at the very least perhaps her DNA can shed some light as to what her lineage may be and her teeth typing may reveal what region she has lived.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is it too much of a stretch to think people smuggling? Does the port take container ships? If her family were smuggled into the country this way, and she passed, then maybe... I don't know. It's just a thought that occurred to me.

The sticky point would be her leggings. They were purchased at Target and I'm not sure a smuggled family would have access to new clothes from that store.

But being dropped off a boat is certainly an idea to consider.

JMO

Is it a definite that the leggings were purchased at Target? Many people shop at yard sales/thrift stores and ....

Classito

I grew up in Winthrop, was there just last week for a few days. This is a big story, it sickens everyone it is as they say the talk of the town. It is doubtful IMO, someone placed Little Princess on the shore. Deer Island is a busy place on a beautiful day, people are walking, running and biking. The harbor is in close proximity to two yacht clubs, a public boat landing, and tons of people on boats in the harbor. It would be hard to get the beach without anyone seeing you with a bag. It is also a Sewerage plant, with many employees. Washing ashore seems much more plausible.

Is it too much of a stretch to think people smuggling? Does the port take container ships? If her family were smuggled into the country this way, and she passed, then maybe... I don't know. It's just a thought that occurred to me.

Yes, containers make up a good bit of the shipping traffic.

Yes, there's a people smuggling problem, same as any other port city. Though the majority of the illegal immigrants in the area are students or tourists who came in on short-term visas and never went home.

I wish LE would release more. You know they're holding back a lot.

That's an ok idea but are Target and Walmart items sold world wide?
With both these being US places to shop I think she is or has been living in US
I'm starting to think mom did something and no one is on to it yet
Like Caylee Anthony if she was found before grandma noticed. JMO

Is it a definite that the leggings were purchased at Target? Many people shop at yard sales/thrift stores and ....

Classito

People here on WS said they purchased the leggings themselves at Target last fall, so that's rather recent. But, yeah, people buy them at thrift shops too. No argument from me about that. I just think the Circo brand in a recent style leads me to think it's someone who shops at Target. JMO.

I wish LE would release more. You know they're holding back a lot.

I'd like to know what else she was wearing. My best guess is that perhaps she was wearing a top that had limited circulation (in other words, not Target/KMart/Walmart) and they're trying to trace it.

It would seem to me that that blanket that was with the little girl would possibly have human hairs on it, even if it was soaking wet. I know i have a hard time cleaning pet hair off my blanket that is like that one. I wonder if LE has gone over that blanket with a magnifying glass and looked for hairs that could be used to get DNA from? The hair of the person who did this may be on that blanket! Or even on her leggings!

I couldn't post this last night because of maintenance but, I was looking into this and decided on a whim as trivial as it is to do a google image search of "massachusetts missing girl" and a picture popped up along the way of a girl who looks strikingly like this girl. Unfortunately when I tried to open the site it was originally on it didn't take me to a page with it on. So I figured I'd try from my computer instead of my phone. When I do the same google search her picture doesn't show in there anymore. I'm so mad. I did screen shot it though, the search results with the picture on it. Can I share.. I did send the picture to the Mass state police with what I had done i hopes that they can find something
I was able to get this photo to load, the story headline reads "teen boy stomps, kicks 2-year-old to death, police say". And this child's photo is displayed below. In the story it states in hennepin county, Minnesota a teenager is charged with her death. Her name was Sophia O'Neil.

Source: www.kdvr.com/2015/06/16/teen-boy-stomps-kicks-2-year-old-to-death-police-say/

Yes, it would be a huge stretch. LOL...if people are going to be smuggled, it won't be through the Boston Harbor. Sorry but that if you know this area, that would be ridiculous. First, you have to have a population so desparate that they would take a risk like that to go across the Atlantic. Where are they coming from, Europe? Unlikely. Anyone who is looking to cross that way is likely to be coming from an African country and they would never choose passage across the Atlantic Ocean over just going the much shorter and typical route to southern Europe. Boston does not have boat people for good reason - no countries within an immediate vicinity to smuggle from.

Just as a thought, all LE has said about the Circo leggings is that they are sold at Target. No one can have any idea where our Baby Doe obtained her leggings, but someone may have purchased them and passed them on to a relative or friend and may remember. If they have not seen that mother or child recently this would be huge.
People exchange bags of toddler clothes to each other because they grow so fast. They are always in good condition, but someone may remember.

When my kids were little most of their clothes came from neighbors and friends with older children.

IMO the key here will be the blanket. A favorite blanket is never a hand-me-down. It is never given away or put away - not at 4 years old. Someone will remember that blanket, those sweet eyes, that beautiful hair and likely those leggings.

MOO

Classito

I don't think the Target detail should even be a clue. Target is too ubiquitous all over the country or they could have been bought online. I buy stuff online from them all the time. Futhermore, in eastern Massachusetts there are several Targets. It would be pointless to focus on the leggings, and I highly doubt the cops are making it a big factor in their search. we should be focusing on unique items found with her that could only be found in one or two places.

Just as a thought, all LE has said about the Circo leggings is that they are sold at Target. No one can have any idea where our Baby Doe obtained her leggings, but someone may have purchased them and passed them on to a relative or friend and may remember. If they have not seen that mother or child recently this would be huge.
People exchange bags of toddler clothes to each other because they grow so fast. They are always in good condition, but someone may remember.
When my kids were little most of their clothes came from neighbors and friends with older children.

IMO the key here will be the blanket. A favorite blanket is never a hand-me-down. It is never given away or put away - not at 4 years old. Someone will remember that blanket, those sweet eyes, that beautiful hair and likely those leggings.

MOO

Seriously guys, hundreds of thousands of children probably have those leggings. It's really not going to be an a-ha moment for anyone. None of those detectives are scouring Targets right now.

Since the 17th century, many Azoreans have emigrated, mainly to Brazil, Uruguay, the United States and Canada.[37] Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts, especially the cities of New Bedford, Bristol, Barrington, Pawtucket, Central Falls, West Warwick, Hudson, Marlborough, East Providence, River Point, Taunton and Fall River have been, and remain, the primary destination for Azorean emigrants.

If she is Portuguese from islands this could account for the idea that she might look Hispanic?
I found some pictures online and baby girl found does have some matching facial features but I'm afraid I might be grasping at straws/

You are not grasping at straws....Boston has a very large Cape Verdean community, as well as a large Portugese-speaking community on the coast who came from those islands and are big on the fishing here (I think).

I grew up in Winthrop, was there just last week for a few days. This is a big story, it sickens everyone it is as they say the talk of the town. It is doubtful IMO, someone placed Little Princess on the shore. Deer Island is a busy place on a beautiful day, people are walking, running and biking. The harbor is in close proximity to two yacht clubs, a public boat landing, and tons of people on boats in the harbor. It would be hard to get the beach without anyone seeing you with a bag. It is also a Sewerage plant, with many employees. Washing ashore seems much more plausible.

Do you think though that someone could have gotten onto the island at night? I know there is no public access after sunset, but do treatment workers work night shifts there? It would be a good time to do it if there's no one there, and it would be quite dark with the water all around. Then of course you have the challenge of getting past the security gate at that time....unless this person worked on the island at some point and had knowledge of its security points. I read (I will try and verify because I can't remember where) that there are security cameras at the treatment plant but not on the beach where she was dumped. Possibly the person knew then where the cameras were?

People here on WS said they purchased the leggings themselves at Target last fall, so that's rather recent. But, yeah, people buy them at thrift shops too. No argument from me about that. I just think the Circo brand in a recent style leads me to think it's someone who shops at Target. JMO.

Could very well be a Target shopper...Here is the median Target shopper profile...average age of 41 years old...household income around $63,000. 76% are female, and over 45% have children at home. About 80% have attended college and about half of those have completed college...

Just a note on fashion trends-- last years fall clothing would be a year old now...Retail stores have 2 seasons..fall and spring. Fall/winter clothing goes into retail shops around July--They start clearance on them around January to make room for Spring/summer clothing..The new fall clothing trends will be out this month also children outgrow clothing pretty fast so their products go on the resale market quickly...This brand/style has already been on ebay, amazon, and etsy to name a few

Classito

"...His team created it, based off morgue photos local officials sent to them. He said the girl's body was exposed to water, but her body was in good shape, enough to believe that this computer generated image is close to what she really looked like.

"I think that's as close to accurate as you can get. Again, problem of decomposition, swelling the face, the lips, the eyes being closed, we can only give it our best guess at that point," Loftin said. "There was some bloating, obviously because of the stages of decomposition. But other than that, we had a lot of information from those photographs to work from."
Steven Loftin said of the computer generated image.

Source: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/29485719/group-talk-sabout-sketch-for-deer-island-girl

I'll also note that this article states that the little girl washed up on Deer Island, but will point out that I've seen conflicting statements from media - some state she was placed on the beach, others that she washed up, others state it is unclear which method placed her at this scene.

This statement does, however, confirm that the child's body was exposed to water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member