MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
but can you get down to the beach with a stroller? or carrying a carseat?

But what if she were murdered on one of the yachts in the marina? Maybe they should check out the families that have yachts there to see if any of them in the yacht clubs knew her or knew of her? If she were harmed on a yacht, wouldnt it then be easy to just take out the garbage bag late at night and leave it on the beach?

this is PURELY an opinion based on my own experience, so bare with me.

i think this girl comes from a single mom who is somewaht flamboyant. most middle aged married women don't use animal print.

not judging. i was a flamboyant single mom for 13 years, i just had boys. lol. a friend of mine was a flamboyant single mom of a girl and she put all kinds of colorful and crazy stuff and lots of animal prints on herself and kid. it just isnt something i notice older or most married women doing.

I'm far from single or flamboyant and have the exact zebra print blanket from walmart for $3.88. I bought it for my dog that was sick b/c I didn't want her getting sick all over my car. The little girl could have picked the blanket out.

I don't really have an opinion on the mom, but due to being wrapped in a blanket and found in water, I'm inclined to think that a woman (probably mother or mother figure) disposed of this little darling.

of course it is just a theory.

i agree. it seems as if it was female caretaker.

I'm far from single or flamboyant and have the exact zebra print blanket from walmart for $3.88. I bought it for my dog that was sick b/c I didn't want her getting sick all over my car. The little girl could have picked the blanket out.

I don't really have an opinion on the mom, but due to being wrapped in a blanket and found in water, I'm inclined to think that a woman (probably mother or mother figure) disposed of this little darling.

This is not an isolated area. I don't know whether anybody lives on Deer Island, but it's a heavily used recreational area. Somebody must have seen something.

There is no one living on Deer Island. It's used as a water treatment plant, and recreational area open to the public sunrise to sunset, only.

If the mother of this toddler was an undocumented immigrant or here on an expired visa...it's possible no one is missing her either.

I bet law enforcement is withholding some information about the condition of the body to protect the case.

My guesses are- this toddler belonged to a woman who was either kidnapped or forced into a human trafficking situation, and someone "discarded" her. It would be a good idea to post the poster of her and info in Eastern European neighborhoods in the region. (With a Cyrillic translation of the info.)

You've watched Taken too many times. I have worked in human trafficking research and that is not at ALL how it happens. That stupid movie has really skewed perceptions about how the trafficking trade works. They are not going to take a woman with a kid, first of all.

LOL, my beautician friend came to spend a week with me. She was carrying a leopard purse, had a leopard suitcase, and just informed me that her curtains in her living room were leopard. Leopard is
coming back, and making a statement. Edited to add her leopard PJ's she sleeps in.

Nancy Grace needs to quit saying "washed up" when they're apparently not sure whether the child washed up or was placed there. If someone was seen acting suspiciously on land....

I wouldn't trust Nancy Grace as a source on this case - definitely check boston.com (the Boston Globe's online site) first as they have the most updated info coming straight from Mass. State Police right now.

You've watched Taken too many times. I have worked in human trafficking research and that is not at ALL how it happens. That stupid movie has really skewed perceptions about how the trafficking trade works. They are not going to take a woman with a kid, first of all.

My statement has nothing to do with the movie. It's well known that immigrant women are often co-erced into human trafficking activities. I am not even sure what you are talking about....anyways if the mother of this toddler had a debt to someone they might have separated her from her child and ...well something unfortunate might have happened. This is just speculation. edit to add- the airport being nearby makes it all so much more complicated....

IMO every article of clothing was probably not released to the public for various reasons. 1) who, other than the person who placed her there could identify her underpants or pull-up (I am a mother and no one besides me usually see these items). 2) the shirt may or may not have been present. I've seen my children go to bed dressed in a top and magically they've wiggled out of it by morning. I've also seen my girls decide to sleep in top or bottom only on occasion. 3) if the shirt was present, it may be withheld so that it can be used to confirm information when they interview potential people later on (as the color and design was not public knowledge). They may have weighed which article of clothing would be more memorable to people who knew this child but holding back an article to further the investigation. All are my opinion of course.

I will say that I I don't know that worrying where her underwear and shirt are really leads me to any useful information to help determine what happened to this little angel. I think her outfit becomes useful only if you recognize her at this point, I pray the clothing has sparked a memory for someone that's useful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Just an FYI on Mass. State Police...they tend to keep a lot of things close to the vest. I have never seen a media outlet here get a lot of immediate details on a case. Crime is definitely underplayed as a news story here as well I've noticed. It disappears to the back page pretty fast, in favor of stories about Tom Brady or the Olympics bid. So you may hear not very specific details about a body being found, it disappears for a while, and then a month later there's an arrest. It would not be surprising to me if there is a lot being withheld. When police ask for the public's help - and I have noticed that this doesn't happen often with crime in the Bay State, unless it's a crime against a child or they think the public is in danger - they tightly control what information they release. You may not get the full story until months later. So just keep in mind this is an experienced police department who know how to use the media to their advantage, and tend not to reveal anything unless absolutely necessary for the public.

But what if she were murdered on one of the yachts in the marina? Maybe they should check out the families that have yachts there to see if any of them in the yacht clubs knew her or knew of her? If she were harmed on a yacht, wouldnt it then be easy to just take out the garbage bag late at night and leave it on the beach?

I kind of doubt that if a kid dies on a yacht, the family is just going to toss her in the water. I guess it's possible, but pretty unlikely.

p.s. here's a map of the area. Deer Island has a view of the airport in east Boston.

Attachments

• Deer-Island-south-end-Boston-Harbor-Massachusetts_10.gif
    Deer-Island-south-end-Boston-Harbor-Massachusetts_10.gif
    31.5 KB · Views: 281
It's well known that immigrant women are often co-erced into human trafficking activities. I am not even sure what you are talking about....anyways if the mother of this toddler had a debt to someone they might have separated her from her child and ...well something unfortunate might have happened. This is just speculation. edit to add- the airport being nearby makes it all so much more complicated....

What I am talking about is that the way that immigrant women get involved in human trafficking is not how you think it is, and it's also not as common as you think. Show me one case, not from a movie, in which a child was killed for a debt, or was taken from a trafficking victim and killed. This gets speculated and talked about on forums but is never proven to have happened. For reference on reliable statistics on human trafficking, I would suggest reading any research conducted by Amy Farrell at Northeastern University. I would not take newsmedia as a reliable source for what you say is "well known". Media will skew your perceptions far from what statistics actually show. For example, stranger abductions are actually extremely rare - but the media would have you believe that the hundreds of thousands of children abducted a year are sold into sex slavery, or abducted strangers, when in fact the vast, vast majority are taken by non-custodial parents. That's just an example of what I am talking about.

Attaching some photos of the crime scene for reference. The flowers are where her body was found. It looks like it is very rocky with little sand, and that it would be difficult to roll a stroller across it. eisen_DeerIsld3_062615.jpgDeer-Island-remains-6-25.jpgCIi7twBWcAQgjSH.jpgimagesCA7EQX12.jpg

Interesting to see so many theories being bandied about. My two cents as a Bostonian:

It's possible this is the child of undocumented parents, although I agree with Future Criminologist that a connection to human trafficking is highly unlikely.

I definitely disagree with the yacht theory. I don't think there are many families living on yachts in the harbor. Even if that theory was more realistic, there are many more places to dispose of a body in and around the harbor. Deer Island would be a very odd choice.

I think she either was put in the water nearby or dumped by someone carrying the garbage bag.

I think she was murdered by a parent or guardian who was removed/estranged enough from other family, friends, etc., that no one would have reported her missing right away. Another thought is that the parent disposed of her and then left town; any acquaintances might just assume the girl left with the parent.

I don't think this girl has been reported missing yet.

Re: the leggings. I agree that she might have been killed by her mother or other female guardian, but I would read too much into the pattern on the pants. My best friend is not at all flamboyant, but her daughter has always loved bright colors, leopard print, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member