CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
major questions for me-----Dr says certain structures in JH's brain are too small on the MRI---well what are the normal size standards? When we check children's hands for bone age there are standard deviations--to be abnormal the child has to be over 3 standard deviations from what is average..... So what average ranges in the size of the amygdala exist in other people. Also JH appears to be small in size to me---so his brain/head are proportional in size to the rest of him---we need a neuroradiologist to review these films and give a professional board certified opinion. I'm willing to bet his MRI is normal.

They did an MRI after he let himself fall backwards off the bed. It was normal according to earlier trial testimony.

That's precisely the PROBLEM for defence..Dr. Gur is NOT board certified in anything..and her hubby is some Imagery wizard..They have as a couple have spent almost 4 decades collecting evidence ( written papers @ rate of 1 per month..kinda of like some blogs who purport truths in Politics LOL)..
BuY have failed on so many levels being validated by ALL fields to incorporate their finding into anything that resemble "Standards" ..??????? Why?

So while their research may find interesting things..It certainly has NOT been approved nor applied into current "STANDARDS"..

Problem for her and her hubby..They have been able to conduct research paid for by Grants..Whatever, Rachel Guz is trying to pass as supported opinions seems like at this point "HOT AIR"..since nothing of what she has proposed can ever be applied across the board nor definitive..It's biased..and actually making a lot of assumptions..in her applications.. ??

Nothing that she ever cited in reference actually can PROVE their/HER "Theory" and after merely 13 hours..concluded..Schizophrenia..Insane and the Biggy..." Psychotic and had no ability to know right from wrong..nor control of his impulses"....SMH..Based on their Opinion...

Will the jury find this out? Is that what B is gonna do? If so, I see the courtroom lighting up & buzzing!! And will the jury understand it? They seem fairly sharp, judging from their questions to witnesses and our comments on them by just "being there" with them through this thing so far. Sparks could really fly, IMO. And more ouchies for the good Doc. (I have read a little about the good Mr. Dr. Gur...).

They may need to hang up another fire extinguisher or two on the courtroom wall... Mr. B is a brilliant prosecutor and a good & honest man, IMO, but he won't let this go unnoticed -- he and his other folks know, I'm sure, that they owe it to the victims & their loved ones and to the People of the State of Colorado.

Thanks for the comment.

Mea culpa and what an idiot I yam.

Oh Chelly and everyone else -- Please excuse -- I put a pic in there, but it translated rather horribly. I deleted it asap, but some others are quick around here. Please forgive. :(

You are not an idiot dear borndem. I thought the post intentional, witty and quite appropriate. So, perhaps I am the idiot for not realizing it was a booboo :)

Thank you SO much for the tweets! I'm a day behind everyone come 5pm here.. this is the only way I have been able to keep up. I'm so glad I didn't have to watch this testimony of Gur.. So many of you seem so frustrated with her. I want to know whats going on but I don't want to listen to a rambler.. The Tweets Are Wonderful for avoiding this! lol

Come on NOW!!! Sawing back and forth on your arm with a piece of friggin cardboard is a FAR cry from "slashing" your wrists, Dr. Gur!

I always thought the cardboard thing was ridiculous!!!

GB~ "Is there anything else you would like to say about that?"
Gur~ "Ive said enough"
GB~ "AGREED!!"

LOL!!!!

I Love Him!!! = D

Will the jury find this out? Is that what B is gonna do? If so, I see the courtroom lighting up & buzzing!! And will the jury understand it? They seem fairly sharp, judging from their questions to witnesses and our comments on them by just "being there" with them through this thing so far. Sparks could really fly, IMO. And more ouchies for the good Doc. (I have read a little about the good Mr. Dr. Gur...).

They may need to hang up another fire extinguisher or two on the courtroom wall... Mr. B is a brilliant prosecutor and a good & honest man, IMO, but he won't let this go unnoticed -- he and his other folks know, I'm sure, that they owe it to the victims & their loved ones and to the People of the State of Colorado.

Thanks for the comment.

If GB brings it up they may hear it--but if they are like me :blushing:, they may be tuning her out after a bit. Can't tell you how many times yesterday my mind wandered--and I yelled at her "yes or no"---and when she never did I objected. She is a crazy witness! I am over her

:crush:
GB~ "Is there anything else you would like to say about that?"
Gur~ "Ive said enough"
GB~ "AGREED!!"

LOL!!!!

I Love Him!!! = D

Isn't he wonderful---subtle yet direct!

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the Bill Marquardt case? He is a paranoid schizophrenic who murdered his mother and two other women. He was first deemed unfit, then later fit to stand trial. He got the death penalty. I wasn't sure if anyone with severe mental illness was ever sentenced to the DP. This shows it's entirely possible.

http://m.chippewa.com/news/local/up...11e1-b027-001871e3ce6c.html?mobile_touch=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching a bit of my morning local news and my anchor had on a shinny suit just like Mr. King.....He was more bluish gray but shinny nonetheless....:thinking:

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the Bill Marquardt case? He is a paranoid schizophrenic who murdered his mother and two other women. He was first deemed unfit, then later fit to stand trial. He got the death penalty. I wasn't sure if anyone with severe mental illness was ever sentenced to the DP. This shows it's entirely possible.

http://m.chippewa.com/news/local/up...11e1-b027-001871e3ce6c.html?mobile_touch=true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think once they are deemed "sane" they can be on Death Row--normally their sentence is LWOP---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea