CO - James Holmes Trial Discussion - Begins April 27, 2015 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 mins of jailhouse video, a short video of JH in hospital and then the defence rests. 45 mins of video total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 1/2 hours to get to the airport? Is that right? I don't fly.

3 1/2 hours to get to the airport? Is that right? I don't fly.

If her flight leaves at 6:30 she definitely won't make it. She will have to go tomorrow morning.

Doesn't matter....she is the one who insisted on babbling on and on and on....mostly about herself and her awesomeness.....defending a killer with family and friends of the victims sitting there listening to her drivel....:rant:

I bet the victims families would love being together for special occasions with their loved ones

Doesn't matter....she is the one who insisted on babbling on and on and on....mostly about herself and her awesomeness.....defending a killer with family and friends of the victims sitting there listening to her drivel....:rant:

I bet the victims families would love being together for special occasions with their loved ones

That is such a valid point. Puts it all into perspective.

I don't really feel its fair to criticize the defense team too much. The only reason they have to present a case trying to convince a jury he was insane is because the state wouldn't accept a guilty plea.

BBM-

Awesome Post! Your have really brought this back to the horror of this trial!!

I don't really feel its fair to criticize the defense team too much. The only reason they have to present a case trying to convince a jury he was insane is because the state wouldn't accept a guilty plea.

Somebody referred to this on Twitter. I would be interested to know why the state decided not to accept the plea. Does anyone know? Would the victims have a say in whether this went to trial?

Do you have a link for this info.?

Somebody referred to this on Twitter. I would be interested to know why the state decided not to accept the plea. Does anyone know? Would the victims have a say in whether this went to trial?

I have read some of the tweets. Some of the tweets sound exactly like what some people write here. I noticed this over the past days. I do not tweet, just read.

Defense still has a responsibility to have reliable, credible witnesses for their defendant.

I hope if jurors consent to an interview, we learn their impressions of Dr Gur's testimony.
I think we will hear about it, Chelly, oh yes, I think we will!! The jurors have got to be about to pop wide open 'bout now. Bless 'em. They seem to be a good, p.a.t.i.e.n.t, and intelligent bunch. They will never forget each other now -- they may decide to meet together once a year (verdict day, maybe) like war veterans do!!

And another note:

Regardless of the outcome of this trial -- regardless of how many of us have found Mr. B to be brilliant and exceedingly quick and intelligent while being respectful, etc., (and I am in that bunch, fer shure), I think the real hero (if I have to name only one) is the good Judge Carlos Samour. Ahhhh, he is such a breath of fresh air -- so patient, easy-going, steady, firm with such a light touch, explaining every decision he makes, doing research on rulings during the trial, hugely intelligent, IMO, and just all one could ever ask in a trial like this one. Truly a Jurist of high order.

OMG!!!!! He was afraid to die.....

That would do it for me as a juror....Guilty. Death penalty....let him think about his death 24/7

Apparently the state wanted further information which the defence refused to provide.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/james-holmes-guilty-plea-offer-rejected-aurora-movie/story?id=18839143

so hope there is a much later flight because I don't see how she will make it....that airport is really far out as I recall and there are sure to be follow up questions and this case is her responsibility at this point. It is 3 something there now...should be interesting...defense will keep it short but GB will go after her.

My son has Autism. Is she saying there is a high amount of kids with Autism who go on to become schizophrenic?

It is performed on the baby's 8th day of life even if that falls on Shabbat.

I dont mean to make fun of anyone's religion or anything but it almost sounds like when a kitten is ready to be delivered to its customers. :)

I think we will hear about it, Chelly, oh yes, I think we will!! The jurors have got to be about to pop wide open 'bout now. Bless 'em. They seem to be a good, p.a.t.i.e.n.t, and intelligent bunch. They will never forget each other now -- they may decide to meet together once a year (verdict day, maybe) like war veterans do!!

And another note:

Regardless of the outcome of this trial -- regardless of how many of us have found Mr. B to be brilliant and exceedingly quick and intelligent while being respectful, etc., (and I am in that bunch, fer shure), I think the real hero (if I have to name only one) is the good Judge Carlos Samour. Ahhhh, he is such a breath of fresh air -- so patient, easy-going, steady, firm with such a light touch, explaining every decision he makes, doing research on rulings during the trial, hugely intelligent, IMO, and just all one could ever ask in a trial like this one. Truly a Jurist of high order.
borndem, You have such an exquisite way with words my English major friend. I agree with you re Judge S. How fortunate the jury, lawyers et al have been to have his court.

Stepping out. I have a major headache from her answering the questions. I will be back in about 15 minutes. I will read the comments here then. Sorry.

And another note:

Great post!!! I agree with you on all points!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member