Volusia County - Daytona Beach (Ridgwood Ave corridor)

Do you think the producer would tell you anymore information? I looked up one Wrecker co and saw the name of who owned it, but he doesn't appear to have another person on the business and I couldn't find anyone in CA that had the same last name expect one SK, but they don't have ties to FL. The Wrecker co has 30 yrs in Daytona. Anyone want to check out junkyards and I can look them up on Sunbiz and pm you with names of owners or I can get a link here to Sunbiz it is where you look up business in FL.

brothers with diff last names..?

anyone have anything on a dawn marie pettersen mccann) that was shot one time and dumped in flagler county in like sept 8 1999

brothers with diff last names..?

Maybe, but I found a SK in CA named Larry Hall. The brother is Gary Hall and he did an interview with different shows, like AMW and 48 hours, just not sure which one now. But the co. in Daytona is a person with a different first name. JH is the initials and he is well past 85 yrs old. The two in CA are twins. So I don't think I have the right place. Need to make a list of Junk yards and look them up in Sunbiz.org

Here's an updated Google Earth map with local junk yards in the areas where the bodies were found.SK6.jpg

That link with extra details is very disturbing. Does anyone know of a link to the AMW episode that I can watch. Amazon prime has it, but I don't want to pay. Youtube and google searches results have other episodes but not that one.

For the Daytona, Atlantic city, and Long Island serial killings the timeline works out quite well for it to be the same person. You also have the same type victims and maybe even the same number if we limit the LI murders to the first 4 found in late 2010, however I think that's where the similarities end. The ages seem to get younger as the murders progress. The Daytona victims were shot, Atlantic city I think strangled and Long Island victims not publicised that I remember. They possibly have DNA for one or more of the Atlantic city victims because a person of interest was asked to submit a sample and was subsequently released from custody after doing so. Them having DNA is speculation on my part though.

05/06 1st 3 in Daytona
Oct/Nov 06 Atlantic city
2007 1st of the LI4 went missing
2008 Stacey Gage in Daytona
2009 2nd of the LI4 ...
2010 3rd and 4th of the LI4 ....

Its a bit of a stretch but not impossible.

I agree LR1. Great post! This is why I think the killer is a commercial fisherman from LI who migrates up and down the east coast. The times coincide with the migration patterns of fishermen. When the season is over up north, they migrate south where it is warmer.

3 Daytona victims....Winter....Dec.05- Jan.06...2 disappeared around Christmas-NewYears 1 in Feb...shot

4 Atlantic City victims...Oct- Nov 06...strangled...no shoes...most boat owners won't allow anything but white soled shoes on their boat

1 GB4 victim....Monday, July 9, 2007....Summer on LI...Most commercial fishermen take Monday off during the busy summer season.

1 Daytona victim... Thur. Jan 3, 2008

1 LI victim...Sunday, July 12, 2009 (just realized today is the anniversay of her last seen date. RIP Melissa.) Summer...Sunday... tourists leave but could have morning charter and he has Monday off.

2 LI victims...Sunday June 6, 2010....Father's day is the following weekend which is a big weekend and he has Monday off anyway. Thursday September 2, 2010. The season is winding down and there aren't as many weekday charters. Labor Day, the last big weekend of the season, is the following Monday so he most likely doesn't have any charters until friday afternoon or the weekend. The tourists have dwindled by mid Aug. and are more concerned with back to school shopping and such.

I was undecided about the dismembered victims on LI but it wouldn't surprise me if it is LISK and he dismembered them on his boat. It isn't unusual to see blood on a saltwater fishing boat, wouldn't draw any attention at all. There are always plenty of knives on hand. Burlap is used in the fishing industry. Most of the fishermen I know carry guns. Most captains require white soled shoes or bare feet. Boats are a good lure for a romantic evening.
But gosh IIRC if he is responsible for those victims, he's been at this a long time!

I theorize the killer changes his MO depending on his location and circumstances as he migrates up and down the east coast.

MOO

Wow WM,

That is one great post, so much work and thought went into all of this. You give me a lot to think about. I am just looking at Daytona and I-4 and trying to see some pattern there, but I think they are separate killings now from Up North, LISK and NJ. Only because of the MO. I see some one who took a lot of care in the 4 LISK and the 4 in AC. The ones in Daytona, well he used them like a toilet. Literally. The ones on I-4 I don't know what was done to them, expect they were discarded like the Daytona 4. Kristen Dunn, she was just toss by a side of a road too. But the fishing industry is interesting. Construction follows the same timing too. So I have to think about some things. Thank you for posting this. :)

Thanks Skully! I was torn about whether the D4 were killed by the same person but after reading the above link about 3 of the women were only wearing socks, it makes me feel that I just might be on the right track. The AC4 weren't wearing shoes and AFIK, no clothing was found with the GB4....just wrapped in burlap. I've been researching a possible career for the killer for several years looking for patterns. Yes, I agree construction workers and also truckers are a possibility. maybe a carnie.

I believe the killer leaves a calling card at each location. His calling card in Daytona was defacating and urinating on three of the victims. The first victim was spray painted on her privates. She was found in an alley between Beach St. and Madison Ave. (sounds like NY)

The AC4 were found in a ditch with heads turned east (I'll have to go back and check a map but IIRC the east direction is towards LI) and no shoes. There was a James Patterson & Peter de Jong book 'Beach Road' found at the disposal site and I think that was his calling card. Beach Rd is on LI in the Hamptons. I ordered a copy of the book last week.

The GB4 were found in the dunes on a Parkway where there are beaches. Their remains were sketonized and wrapped in burlap. The burlap was his calling card. The families placed crosses at the remains site. Then one day those creepy 'time out' dolls mysteriously appeared at the remains sites and were quickly removed. Very unsettling!

I suspect his home base is NY/LI because he has a place he can dismember there. How long of a chore would that be, I wonder? 2 dismembered bodies were found recently in Niagra, BTW. Parts of one of the victims were strewn along the Niagra river and a torso was found in an empty house. Just something to keep an eye on.

'Beach' and water are a common denominator here.

This is my profile of this killer.....for now anyway, LOL! Always great talking with you Skully!

MOO

This killer is a monster if it is indeed one killer. The degradation of the victims' bodies are horrific! He needs to be caught!

Wow WM,

That is one great post, so much work and thought went into all of this. You give me a lot to think about. I am just looking at Daytona and I-4 and trying to see some pattern there, but I think they are separate killings now from Up North, LISK and NJ. Only because of the MO. I see some one who took a lot of care in the 4 LISK and the 4 in AC. The ones in Daytona, well he used them like a toilet. Literally. The ones on I-4 I don't know what was done to them, expect they were discarded like the Daytona 4. Kristen Dunn, she was just toss by a side of a road too. But the fishing industry is interesting. Construction follows the same timing too. So I have to think about some things. Thank you for posting this. :)

Skully, he did use them like a toilet! And boy oh boy was he full of rage towards them! But consider the stressors. All disappeared around Christmas (1 victim), New Years(2 victims- 06 &08) and (1 victim)Valentines Day. And if he is only responsible for the murders in the 3 beach towns, then the D4 would have been his first kills so perhaps it was overkill. The first kill sure was a bold, brazen, in your face, type of kill considering the location.

MOO

I think because the papers released that DNA was found on two women he quit the signature. He set them on fire, thinking it would get rid of DNA on top of the spray paint. If he thought he covered up the DNA, he would still be doing it, JMO. He is one sick $#!!*&* Anyway, I hope at some point his DNA is put in the system or someone in his family get put in and it will show up and they will get him, if he is not dead somewhere. If he is alive, he is still killing and defacing women. They don't stop but take breaks. BTK killer, got married and quit for 10 years until a newspaper column made him mad. So I am hoping he is dead.

I think because the papers released that DNA was found on two women he quit the signature. He set them on fire, thinking it would get rid of DNA on top of the spray paint. If he thought he covered up the DNA, he would still be doing it, JMO. He is one sick $#!!*&* Anyway, I hope at some point his DNA is put in the system or someone in his family get put in and it will show up and they will get him, if he is not dead somewhere. If he is alive, he is still killing and defacing women. They don't stop but take breaks. BTK killer, got married and quit for 10 years until a newspaper column made him mad. So I am hoping he is dead.

Skully, wasn't BTK married when his reign of terror begin?

I agree Skully. I think he adapts depending on his location. It bothers me that the AMW article in above link doesn't mention the last victim, Stacy Gage, from 2008. The article states that he defacated and urinated on 3 of the victims but the text only mentions that he spray painted the privates of the first victim. So Am I to infer that SG was the other victim he degraded in such a way? It was confusing to me but hey, I'm glad to get any new info that I can get. And I have been curious for a long time if they were wearing shoes or not.

I don't think he is dead yet, getting older, yes. I would just like for this filthy to be caught so that some families can have closure. Hopefully, he has a family member with DNA on file and he can be identified thru familial DNA like that SK, the Grim Reaper, in CA.

Check out this site, you can get burlap in any size, roll, bag, what ever use you need it in.

http://daybag.com/industrial/burlap/construction-products

Yes you sure can! My son owns a fish company/restaurant in AL and has refrigerated trucks and hauls gulf seafood to the NC coast and vise versa. The crayfish he hauls from the gulf are covered with a sheet of damp burlap about the size of a king size bedspread becasue they are still alive. It has to be hosed off and laid out to dry after all the deliveries are made. The crayfish are packed live into mesh bags and the wet burlap helps keep them alive. Anyway, it makes me wonder if the perp has a refrigerated fish truck on LI.

Thanks Skully! I was torn about whether the D4 were killed by the same person but after reading the above link about 3 of the women were only wearing socks, it makes me feel that I just might be on the right track. The AC4 weren't wearing shoes and AFIK, no clothing was found with the GB4....just wrapped in burlap. I've been researching a possible career for the killer for several years looking for patterns. Yes, I agree construction workers and also truckers are a possibility. maybe a carnie.

I believe the killer leaves a calling card at each location. His calling card in Daytona was defacating and urinating on three of the victims. The first victim was spray painted on her privates. She was found in an alley between Beach St. and Madison Ave. (sounds like NY)

The AC4 were found in a ditch with heads turned east (I'll have to go back and check a map but IIRC the east direction is towards LI) and no shoes. There was a James Patterson & Peter de Jong book 'Beach Road' found at the disposal site and I think that was his calling card. Beach Rd is on LI in the Hamptons. I ordered a copy of the book last week.

The GB4 were found in the dunes on a Parkway where there are beaches. Their remains were sketonized and wrapped in burlap. The burlap was his calling card. The families placed crosses at the remains site. Then one day those creepy 'time out' dolls mysteriously appeared at the remains sites and were quickly removed. Very unsettling!

I suspect his home base is NY/LI because he has a place he can dismember there. How long of a chore would that be, I wonder? 2 dismembered bodies were found recently in Niagra, BTW. Parts of one of the victims were strewn along the Niagra river and a torso was found in an empty house. Just something to keep an eye on.

'Beach' and water are a common denominator here.

This is my profile of this killer.....for now anyway, LOL! Always great talking with you Skully!

MOO

This killer is a monster if it is indeed one killer. The degradation of the victims' bodies are horrific! He needs to be caught!

some odd passages that were talked about from that Beach Road book in the LISK forum

I had a thought last night when I went to bed...All the women's bodies are locations that appear to be where there was either current construction or proposed construction. Compare the older Google earth pics to the current ones -Each one has been built on since the murders.

The car is a Taurus, LE says they believe it was a company car. I read that LE found the exact tires at some point, so the murderer had to buy replacements ( or steal them).

Perhaps the murderer is a city employee involved in construction operations. He could work in construction permits, surveying, construction inspections...a job(s) that would give him ample opportunity to scout for quick and discreet dump locations and also allow him to have an excuse for being in an area that would otherwise arouse suspicion.

I wonder if LE looked into that angle.

Or perhaps a rental car.

So now I have to think about this. The car tracks are from a Tarus, and they find the tires in a junk yard at some point. This is according to AMW. So if he is a trucker, where or when does he get a car? 1.Rental, 2. has one that is a junker and it is left someplace for when he comes into town, 3. or he borrows a car from an employee, or 4. the company has cars available on the site for long over extended stays for some employees.

Or he is not a trucker and has a company car and got rid of the tires when he realizes the tracks could lead back to him. So they end up in a junk yard, and he got tires somewhere else as not to leave a trace back to him. Maybe cash for the tires.

If he borrowed a friends car, would the friend noticed new tires? A company car, not so much, I don't think. Or he is in construction as you say and he is a site supervisor and has a company car. So many possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back