CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 July 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of odd that the local news is just repeating what it read on a FB page; you'd think that one phone call to the Sheriff's Office could confirm or deny it.

<snip>

BBM - unless, perhaps, the location where she is safe is in the hospital and HIPAA (HIPPA? I can never remember the spelling) laws are coming into play. I can see where they could still at least confirm/deny, but people - especially LE - get pretty careful about crossing any lines there.

I've seen some pictures of the area they are searching (link below).....and since I can't post the picture from MG's own Facebook page along with the comment that they (he/Jamie) took Ember there (in the past).......I'll try to ask this another way. Does anyone in the area know if the search area contains a large body of water and park? Or if Ono where the pacifier was found is close to such an area. If I'm allowed to link to the picture /post on FB - I will. Didn't think so though which is why I uploaded the picture.

this is a link to the article but not the picture I'm talking about from MG....I have it though and would gladly post if I can:

http://www.timesunion.com/news/crime/article/Search-resumes-for-missing-baby-in-Northern-6379380.php

Unfortunately it looks like there are quite a few bodies of water and parks around there. When I zoom out especially I'm struck by how many creeks, ponds, and lakes there are including some that look pretty big and probably aren't dried up, even with our drought. Plus the Sacramento River (which never dries up) is right there.

Is it possible that he doesn't know he is the focus of a large manhunt?

He has to, I would think. He didn't check in with his PO for two days. He knows he stole a gun and money as well. Less than a week ago they released him from jail and then subsequently he was back in court in a big to do about whether or not to remove his ankle bracelet. He has to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A massive manhunt for Graham began Saturday after he disappeared with cash and his grandmother's gun.

What?? Is that a typo?

One more from me and then I have to leave for a bit - and so hope to come back to more news!

Regarding his Mom, the gun, etc. they have said in an earlier MSM report that she worked for Shasta County LE for awhile too. I assume if she needed her firearm for that job, or if she decided she wanted to continue to carry one, she would have gotten a CA permit. As far as I know the rule isn't that can't have a gun that you bought in another state, just that you have to register for a CCW in California as well. Also, I got the impression she lives in California now, based on the fact that he went to her house to steal stuff. Unless she has residences in both Florida and CA?

Also this is just personal experience but I've got some acquaintances who live generally in that area (Redding etc.) and they are so heavily armed - and so are most of their neighbors - that it kind of freaks me out. I have no idea if all their guns are registered but it wouldn't surprise me if they're not. Even in my own neighborhood, which is about 2 hours away and much more of a suburban quiet area, a bunch of the guys were hanging out in the garage with my husband one night and I was rather shocked to find out that at least 50% of our neighbors have guns in the house. I would have guessed maybe ONE of them did. So, again just IME, I think it's probably pretty true that a lot more people have guns than a lot of us may realize.

Why can't they catch this guy?? I get found if I leave to go to the bathroom for two minutes!

Why can't they catch this guy?? I get found if I leave to go to the bathroom for two minutes!

I know you don't mean to make light in a situation like that but that gave me a chuckle. No kidding , huh?

Matthew Graham, considered a person of interest in his baby daughter's disappearance, was seen today at about 3:30 p.m. at a Shell gas station in Shasta Lake.

Graham, was last seen walking south on Cascade Boulevard in Shasta Lake away from the the gas station at Cascade Boulevard and Shasta Dam Boulevard.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-news/graham-on-the-lam-sheriff-says_71911643

So about and hour and 20 minutes ago.

Per Google maps that's about 7 miles from where he was seen earlier, by Court Street. According to their calculations it's a 12 minute drive, 1 hour 10 minute bus ride, or about a 2.5 hour walk. For someone who's "fleeing" he sure isn't running very far or fast.

ETA: also, for someone with money and a gun it seems odd. He's got money to take a bus or train somewhere, or pay off someone to give him a ride. And he's got a gun that could be used to threaten someone into giving him a vehicle or a ride. I just find it strange. If he left from his home, per Google maps he's made it all of about 16 miles since yesterday.

I know you don't mean to make light in a situation like that but that gave me a chuckle. No kidding , huh?

[emoji57]

Nope. Not making light at all.. Or not trying to. But, it IS true, lol. That's genuine frustration! He can't be that wily.. He used his ID at the store!

[redacted] said she first noticed a man walking fast and fiddling with cigarettes. He almost ran into her, within an arm's reach.

He stepped back and then quickly walked in to the bushes

She thought he looked like Matthew Graham, 23, who is being sought in a manhunt after he allegedly stole his mother's gun and cash.

She almost asked him if he was Graham, but thought better of it. Instead, she went into her nearby home and looked up his photo. Then, she realized who he was, she said.

"That was him," she said.

[emoji57]

Nope. Not making light at all.. Or not trying to. But, it IS true, lol. That's genuine frustration! He can't be that wily.. He used his ID at the store!

Seriously ?! He actually used his ID? What a piece of work ! Such brazen appearances in public places without fear of getting caught ? what is up with this dude? You'd think everyone in Shasta county would be looking out for this creep.

Graham had just come from the Foot Mart store at the Shell Gas Station on the corner of Cascade and Shasta Dam boulevards.

There, he had used his ID, with his full name, to buy a pack of Camel Blue Crush and two Powerades, staff member [redacted] said. As soon as he left, they called the authorities.

[redacted] said he was wearing a camo hat, dark sun glasses that covered his eyes, an olive shirt, camo pants and a green and black backpack.

She believes he was staying at a homeless encampment near her home.

I'd think gas stations which are frequently robbed would have a panic button near the register ?idk .. Maybe I watch too much CSI .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon_11