DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the afternoon:

- No belongings from the S house were found in any of the places Wint stayed (his sister's, his father's, his mother's, his GF in Brooklyn)
- The dog door lead from the kitchen to the basement (not outside) and that is what was duct taped shut.

So what did JW do with the red-lined bag?

Equipment auction? What kind of equipment? Just a cover story?

From the afternoon:

- No belongings from the S house were found in any of the places Wint stayed (his sister's, his father's, his mother's, his GF in Brooklyn)
- The dog door lead from the kitchen to the basement (not outside) and that is what was duct taped shut.

Interesting. Does this mean the dogs were kept in the basement, and not outside?

[/B]
Interesting. Does this mean the dogs were kept in the basement, and not outside?

Dogs were found outside, so if perp kept them in the basement, he had to have let them out before the fire.

- Prosecutor did not want to talk about the whereabouts of the S family cell phones. They are subject to an open search warrant that is about to be executed but has not been yet. (there's a bench conference which is partially sealed). However, Defense was allowed to ask whether the cell phones were found with Wint, in his belongings, or the homes where he stayed, and the answer was "no". (wonder where they were found and who had them).
- A knife was recovered from the trash outside the S house (I don't remember knowing that).
- There is a very weird bench conference in which the Prosecution says that the Defense is about to show photos of pizza but they are photos taken over two weeks after the crime and that the pizza in the photos was eaten by the techs -- that it's not the pizza eaten by Wint. Defense and Judge are v. confused.

So what did JW do with the red-lined bag?

Equipment auction? What kind of equipment? Just a cover story?

Equipment auction was the cover story that SS used to get the AIW employee to write the check out to cash.

Page 94 Bach says there's an open sw about to be executed

[/B]

I think so. Maybe that explains why no one heard barking.
We have a similar set-up for our cats - door to the basement, however, the basement has its own cat door (I just didn't want to cut a hole in any of our main floor doors), so it's possible that they had the same set-up and the dogs were able to get outside from the basement.

I have to go back and read that whole pizza exchange again. It is very confusing. I will when I get to the end of the afternoon testimony and try to clarify what I wrote.

- Ago (defense) said that there was no surveillance video from the neighborhood showing someone consistent with Wint, Detective Owens answered that he had not viewed any.
- Ago insinuated that Wint's brother was in the convoy truck, and prosecution objected, it was sustained so the detective did not confirm it.

Wint had spoken to a detective who had advised him to turn himself in

I've read through the whole morning session:
SS DID tell the AIW employee that he needed the $40K for an equipment auction, so I owe someone many threads back an apology, since I thought that the idea that a CEO would take $40K in cash to an equipment auction was patently absurd :)

Edited by me to respond to this alone. I didn't doubt SS said that, but I too, from the beginning balked at anyone having to use that much cash for an auction. I also couldn't see where he would had time to attend an auction if the opening was a day away.

I do appreciate that Ms. Bach stated for the record that W-1 has been "vilified in the media". After Ago attempts to get W-1's car description in the record. He later tried again regarding employment with SS. *objections sustained*

Edited by me to respond to this alone. I didn't doubt SS said that, but I too, from the beginning balked at anyone having to use that much cash for an auction. I also couldn't see where he would had time to attend an auction if the opening was a day away.

I do appreciate that Ms. Bach stated for the record that W-1 has been "vilified in the media".

I do too

Page 131 states W1 whereabouts on May 13-14 have been verified. It's stated earlier there is no connection between JW and DW

- Ago (defense) said that there was no surveillance video from the neighborhood showing someone consistent with Wint, Detective Owens answered that he had not viewed any.
- Ago insinuated that Wint's brother was in the convoy truck, and prosecution objected, it was sustained so the detective did not confirm it.

- According to Det. Owens, Wint had contacted a detective to ask what was going on and the detective advised him to turn himself in.
- Both his girlfriend and his brother contacted DC police and said Wint wanted to turn himself in.
- He did not know the people in the convoy, other than his brother, prior to that night (?)
- Police were directing the convoy (or at least the car with Wint in it) to where he could turn himself in, but marshalls nabbed the convoy first.

- When shown a picture of the text message from JW to W-2 Det. Owens said that the text was sent at 9:57, not 9:00 as he had said earlier.

the exchange went like this:
JW: My job is insane
W-2: WTF?
JW: That's the package I had to pick up?
W-2: What is it for?
JW: I guess this auction?
W-2: Damn, I wonder how much it is?
JW: 40?

Unclear whether the question marks were the transcribers because of the inflection of the prosecution, or if those are quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back