FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEP.... Sound went OFF on all 3 devices I have---2 laptops, 1 iPad. Oh well, if someone CAN READ LIPS we might see what he said on that vid still up.

Know matter how any us look at it, this Sheriff is in a ####Storm with all going on with this case. The general public wants answers along with all media that keeps up and shows up when the opportunity presents itself. I too don't want to see this case go cold for the family's sake BUT ALSO citizens living there, especially in the neighborhood, will continue to feel vulnerable due to the fact LE can't be 100% sure if this was random or not. It is what it is and I believe at this point LE is still following leads, connecting dots, etc. Maybe even still waiting for some results from evidence taken from the home. LE is under lots of pressure from all sides no matter how well they're doing their job or not as all eyes are upon them. I'm not taking sides here, JMO along with the fact I don't want to jump to conclusions. Due to case sensitivity and the need for evidence to stick in the end it's best NOT to release information/facts.

Regarding the fact the Sheriff is up for election.... this will be looked at in both positive and negative ways by the public. Anyone running against him will use what they can to promote themselves---hey, it's an election and they want to win. Anyway, election or not... citizens will like or not like his performance. There's lots going on with this case along with all other daily issues LE deals with. I guess it will have to play out but I hope an arrest comes sooner rather than later for family, neighbors and surrounding citizens. We know 2 families living just north of where this happened---they're in a gated community, feel safer because of that BUT still there is unrest even there.

Looking at the plan, I would think the most logical place for the dogs to sleep would be the lanai if the lanai was enclosed, but that would mean the neighbors living in back would hear the dogs barking. I don't see where the dogs would be that the neighbors couldn't hear them. So I do wonder if the lanai is enclosed and if there is a pet door.

The lanai and the pool are enclosed by aluminum/screen structure. The lanai itself is not under air.

Blue is under air/heat:

sievers house plan lee county.png
I see the master walk-in closet as one possible option to confine the dogs to an area that is relatively soundproof to the outside.
However, remember the dogs were not even barking between the early morning hours or were not heard barking. You would expect them by that time to become anxious of being walked or fed.

OR, Dr Sievers did walk them and fed them at around 5am or prior to that. Then it would be possible, that around the time of potentially deactivating the alarm - if it was on- and during exiting/entering the house by Dr Sievers, someone took advantage of that window of opportunity ( broken in garage side door).

Common sense -based on the possible time of the attack (if the shrill and/or noise coincides with approximate TOD or time range of Dr Sievers' attack) at around 5-6am- almost excludes the possibility of an individual stopping by the doctor to have a chat that early in the morning (no car was seen -or heard- in the driveway either, which almost excludes the thought that someone stopped by NOT planning to kill her).
If someone wanted to stop by and talk to Dr Sievers about any issue, that would have happened the night before. No car seen either.
So it is very questionable, that anyone wanted to just "talk" to Dr Sievers. One would not hide the vehicle.

So, no vehicle seen at night or during sunrise means either hidden vehicle (premeditated) or no vehicle (local or neighbor).

-Nin

Thinking back, now I do recall seeing Sheriff Mike Scott actually say that books and movie will be written about this case. The original clip may have contained the statement but then it could have been edited out.

From early on, LE did seem quite confident that this case was not random even though they told neghbors to lock doors, etc. I searched on LCSO website and there are an unusual number of incidents on Jarvis Rd. over the last few years, including harassment, vandalism, nuisance and diaturbance. It does not give details of the incidents but perhaps that is why security cameras were installed.

Also re: the weapon, have read in several places that Teresa was a fighter and that she put up a good fight. This leads me to believe there was a huge struggle which would leave more evidence and take longer for processing. Hoping for an arrest soon for her family and the community.

Completely agree. Utilizing a hammer - as the primary or secondary weapon- is very gruesome and displays a lot of criminal energy by the unsub. Whether or not initiated by anger, loss of control or passion, it is utmost alarming and I have to assume this may not be the first time the individual had a "fallout". It may certainly not be the last time.

-Nin

Perhaps the use of a hammer suggests an "unorganized" killer, one who is immature, one who is highly reactive & emotional.
I will add that this perp probably has a history of antisocial behavior & rebelliousness. Maybe run ins with the law over outbursts, lack of respect towards authority figures, maybe juvenile history with LE, & probably drug usage.
Sociopathic & antisocial personality disorder from my knowledge base. Maybe add in a bit of ADD/ADHD to the equation although that is not the main problems.
All moo

Completely agree. Utilizing a hammer - as the primary or secondary weapon- is very gruesome and displays a lot of criminal energy by the unsub. Whether or not initiated by anger, loss of control or passion, it is utmost alarming and I have to assume this may not be the first time the individual had a "fallout". It may certainly not be the last time.

-Nin

Do we know if the hammer belonged to the house? If so, it may have been convenient and not a planned murder. Something that escalated. I can't see too many people gping in with a hammer for a planned killing but jmo.

Do we know if the hammer belonged to the house? If so, it may have been convenient and not a planned murder. Something that escalated. I can't see too many people gping in with a hammer for a planned killing but jmo.

In video still of LE examining the garage ped door, it looks to be damaged by the lock/latch/knob by prying, I think.

I've been torn between he (or she) brought the hammer, used it to break into the garage pedestrian door from the yard (was the gate to the yard locked?) and from the garage, broke into the house. (was that access door locked?) Killer surprised TS, used what was already in his hand.

or

Broke into the garage pedestrian door using another tool (prybar?), saw the hammer handy in the garage, continued into the home.

Did s/he rummage through garage looking for hammer, or was it in plain sight.

Did h/she get in another way and then damage that side door on the way out to make it appear as a break-in.

Gang activity in the area?

In one of the news video there is what looks like gang graffiti (IIRC) on the back of the street sign I'm attaching here. Does anyone know what this is written on the front of the sign? Looks like ^ 7. Is it a LE or private security thing? Why the need to write on this sign unless it's a code of some sort. Is it for reporters? Technically, it's vandalism, but this doesn't look like traditional gang graffiti. I'm in another area of the country, so maybe FL gangs write like this? I'm trying to find and capture the back of the sign, this pic is from googlemaps January 2015.

jsut had an afterthought: neighbor heard something from Sievers house that morning and said it sounded like at the back door. What if TS was in the kitchen starting her day (she was found there, I read here) and heard a commotion at that garage door, came to garage just as the person broke though? She ran into the house but he chased her before she could close the door.

Sieverssigngraffiti_1.jpg

Hmmm, a hammer is actually a very good close to medium range weapon. As far as improvised weapons made up of commonly found items in a home I would rate it right after a slim but stout and pointy kitchen knife with a 5 inch or so blade. Depending on the weight and length of the handle of course, one can generate tremendous and focused force. Also, it's pretty easy to explain a hammer in the trunk or back of your truck.

In video still of LE examining the garage ped door, it looks to be damaged by the lock/latch/knob by prying, I think.

I've been torn between he (or she) brought the hammer, used it to break into the garage pedestrian door from the yard (was the gate to the yard locked?) and from the garage, broke into the house. (was that access door locked?) Killer surprised TS, used what was already in his hand.

or

Broke into the garage pedestrian door using another tool (prybar?), saw the hammer handy in the garage, continued into the home.

Did s/he rummage through garage looking for hammer, or was it in plain sight.

Did h/she get in another way and then damage that side door on the way out to make it appear as a break-in.

Gang activity in the area?

In one of the news video there is what looks like gang graffiti (IIRC) on the back of the street sign I'm attaching here. Does anyone know what this is written on the front of the sign? Looks like ^ 7. Is it a LE or private security thing? Why the need to write on this sign unless it's a code of some sort. Is it for reporters? Technically, it's vandalism, but this doesn't look like traditional gang graffiti. I'm in another area of the country, so maybe FL gangs write like this? I'm trying to find and capture the back of the sign, this pic is from googlemaps January 2015.

jsut had an afterthought: neighbor heard something from Sievers house that morning and said it sounded like back door. What if TS was in the kitchen starting her day (she was found there, I read here) and heard a commotion at that garage door, came to garage just as the person broke though? She ran into the house but he chased her before she could close the door.

View attachment 79071

'jsut had an afterthought: neighbor heard something from Sievers house that morning and said it sounded like back door.'

Who said that?

-Nin

Was the marked sign directly in front of her house?

'jsut had an afterthought: neighbor heard something from Sievers house that morning and said it sounded like back door.'

Who said that?

-Nin

Female being interviewed on camera, I'll look for video. Witness lives on Allan St. - there are two homes I can see where one could be that specific or think of back door area.
IIRC, it's been discussed upthread (couple or few days ago) that her daughter lived next door to Sievers.

I just had a quick thought---what if the hammer belonged to the Dr.'s household & the Dr herself picked it up to defend herself from the attacker...and then the perp overpowered her & used the hammer against her?

Hmmm...???

Female being interviewed on camera, I'll look for video. Witness lives on Allan St. - there are two homes I can see where one could be that specific or think of back door area.
IIRC, it's been discussed upthread (couple or few days ago) that her daughter lived next door to Sievers.

Thank you for the info. I was not aware of that. That would be the same neighbor, that reported her dogs waking her up early in the morning and then hearing the shrill, Mrs "C".

I'll check for the video too.

-Nin

I just had a quick thought---what if the hammer belonged to the Dr.'s household & the Dr herself picked it up to defend herself from the attacker...and then the perp overpowered her & used the hammer against her?

Hmmm...???

Fingerprints may show. Let me ponder on that for a second. You mentioned something very important.

-Nin

Thank you for the info. I was not aware of that. That would be the same neighbor, that reported her dogs waking her up early in the morning and then hearing the shrill, Mrs "C".

I'll check for the video too.

-Nin

I've been thinking about the "shrill" and pardon me if it's been mentioned already, but a dog that's hurt will sound like that, too. The dog being shaved on the rump - what if that was to look for a wound - although it didn't appear to walk funny in that short clip we saw.

Or the shrill sound could have been the killer being bitten *hope hope hope*

This isn't the video and no mention of back door, but this quotes her as saying that it sounded "outside".

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/neighbors-of-dead-doctor-in-fear-after-slaying_19464889

Hmmm...???

An interesting thought for sure!

Did not find the "back-door" info yet. The neighhbor, Mrs "C", who lives behind the Sievers house reported to have heard the "shrill", as we all recall. In this link she describes exactly what she heard and did:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crime/neighbors-of-dead-doctor-in-fear-after-slaying_19464889

“My dogs must have heard it first. They have a distinctive bark when something’s going on that shouldn’t. They got up and ran to the front door,” she said. “I got up and went to the front window. That’s when I heard a scream. It sounded like a child with a high-pitched scream.”

[Bold mine]

Front door?? Front window?? Does she mean the dogs ran to the back door and she ran to the back door? The homes on Allen Street face the opposite than the homes on Jarvis.

-Nin

I've been thinking about the "shrill" and pardon me if it's been mentioned already, but a dog that's hurt will sound like that, too. The dog being shaved on the rump - what if that was to look for a wound - although it didn't appear to walk funny in that short clip we saw.

Or the shrill sound could have been the killer being bitten *hope hope hope*

This isn't the video and no mention of back door, but this quotes her as saying that it sounded "outside".

We both found the same link, funny.

-Nin

Hmmm...???

You brought up something, that could be very important. I would like to know if LE found the dogs inside the house with their collars on, and if they always had their collars on?

-Nin

The lanai and the pool are enclosed by aluminum/screen structure. The lanai itself is not under air.

Blue is under air/heat:

View attachment 79041
I see the master walk-in closet as one possible option to confine the dogs to an area that is relatively soundproof to the outside.
However, remember the dogs were not even barking between the early morning hours or were not heard barking. You would expect them by that time to become anxious of being walked or fed.

OR, Dr Sievers did walk them and fed them at around 5am or prior to that. Then it would be possible, that around the time of potentially deactivating the alarm - if it was on- and during exiting/entering the house by Dr Sievers, someone took advantage of that window of opportunity ( broken in garage side door).

Common sense -based on the possible time of the attack (if the shrill and/or noise coincides with approximate TOD or time range of Dr Sievers' attack) at around 5-6am- almost excludes the possibility of an individual stopping by the doctor to have a chat that early in the morning (no car was seen -or heard- in the driveway either, which almost excludes the thought that someone stopped by NOT planning to kill her).
If someone wanted to stop by and talk to Dr Sievers about any issue, that would have happened the night before. No car seen either.
So it is very questionable, that anyone wanted to just "talk" to Dr Sievers. One would not hide the vehicle.

So, no vehicle seen at night or during sunrise means either hidden vehicle (premeditated) or no vehicle (local or neighbor).

-Nin

I wonder if Dr. Sievers regularly walked the dogs early, maybe to the dog park, and the perp had knowledge of this habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa