Chris Hyndman of Steven and Chris has died

Wouldn't people who have been sleepwalkers all their life take precautions, especially when living so high with a terrace? I'm thinking multiple, different style locks, bed alarm, bedroom door alarm, choosing a place without a terrace?

I don't know much about sleepwalking but would a sleepwalker climb over such a high fence (the one that goes around the terrace)? I find it fascinating all that I learn from WS. Now I'm off to google and learn about sleepwalking.

I've watched their show a few times and it was a nice show. I'm kinda over anything HGTVish after buying and selling 2 homes so I didn't watch it more than that. I loved that they had the show together <3 Much love to Steven, Chris' family and friends. Rest in Peace Chris.

The combination of recent air travel, maybe a little too much sun, sleep-walking history, clumsiness, perhaps a sleeping aid and a balcony - very possible imo. that sleepwalking became a nightmare.
speculation.

Very true - if it were natural causes we would have heard " awaiting results from autopsy". I don't believe the sleepwalking story, it's not something police could confirm without a longer investigation. It's likely a story born out of a Mother's extreme grief and seeking answers. Suicide is often difficult to accept. I can't imagine the pain of losing someone that way.

Agreed

Very true - if it were natural causes we would have heard " awaiting results from autopsy". I don't believe the sleepwalking story, it's not something police could confirm without a longer investigation. It's likely a story born out of a Mother's extreme grief and seeking answers. Suicide is often difficult to accept. I can't imagine the pain of losing someone that way.

That was my first thought as well.
It would take time to confirm the sleepwalking story, if LE ever could. How would LE determine that it was a sleepwalking accident rather than a suicide
I can see an accident during sleepwalking in an unfamiliar place rather than at home, but know nothing about it.

The shock for his family must be tremendous and i certainly understand they need to make sense of such a personal tragedy

The combination of recent air travel, maybe a little too much sun, sleep-walking history, clumsiness, perhaps a sleeping aid and a balcony - very possible imo. that sleepwalking became a nightmare.
speculation.

Sounds far fetched to me. The fact that this happened on the final day of a long weekend is another big clue. Suicide rates are much higher on holiday/work transition days.

If he dropped dead from natural causes in that alley, LE would have no idea until an autopsy was done. Chris be a relatively young, healthy man, it would have immediately been deemed suspicious by police. But no, they weren't even looking for witnesses.

The reason being that it was obvious that he fell from the balcony and when they went up they found the note. No need for an explanation. Just have to interview his partner and make sure everything checks out.

Saw Jeannie Beker interviewed and found it interesting that she talked about how Chris had helped her out of her depression. Odd story to tell if he had been murdered, completely relevant if he succumbed to depression. And I'm sure his close friends already know what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he fell,whether sleeping or jumped, It would seem to me that an investigation would take some time, unless there was a witness or something else that pointed to cause of death

And the fact that Chris had admitted having suicidal thoughts at other times in his life is a second big clue. He overcame those urges, but it goes to show that he thought of that option as a way of dealing with a depressing situation.

If he fell,whether sleeping or jumped, It would seem to me that an investigation would take some time, unless there was a witness or something else that pointed to cause of death

Its my experience that LE won't spend a ton of time investigating these things unless they suspect foul play. If they have no hard evidence they'll simply rule it death by misadventure. They simply don't care, and it might save the family some grief.

Its my experience that LE won't spend a ton of time investigating these things unless they suspect foul play. If they have no hard evidence they'll simply rule it death by misadventure. They simply don't care, and it might save the family some grief.

How does the ruling on COD affect insurance? Or would it?

How does the ruling on COD affect insurance? Or would it?

In some cases it does, in some it doesn't. Depends on the policy. Bottom line is that one can't say with 100% certainty what was on someones mind when they do something like this. If there is a note, its a different story. Other clues could be seen in his behaviour in the previous weeks. Was he tidying up loose ends? Was he calling friends and family that he normally wouldn't? The weekend trip to Barbados could be seen as a last adventure with his partner. Was that something out of the blue or something they did often? Who's idea was it? Check out his browser history to look for any clues. There are definitely things that can be done to give you an indication, but unless he was googling "jumping off a building", it still won't give definitive answers.

Christopher was a sleepwalker, and he did that a lot. He even ate in his sleep,&#8221; Glenda Hyndman said of her son, who co-hosted the CBC&#8217;s popular daytime TV show Steven and Chris. &#8220;It&#8217;s not good, but that&#8217;s his reality.

&#8220;He was the most incredible human being and best son you could ever have. I think his light was so bright it just &#8230; it just burned out.&#8221;

Toronto Police spokesperson Meaghan Gray wouldn&#8217;t confirm this, and said the investigation is still open. Police do not suspect anything suspicious or criminal.

http://www.ecanadanow.com/chris-hyndman-cause-of-death-was-an-accident-says-mother/95651/

Was Chris in PJ's when found?

While I agree that his death requires more answers to the questions posed, it is frustrating when people state their OPINIONS as facts.....we have ZERO indication that a note was left. In fact, from the interview with his mom it would seem that there was no note. Just because someone was suicidal 30 years ago, does not mean they were suicidal today.......this is a huge leap as I think most teenagers who struggle with their sexual identity struggle at some point with depression. As for the statement (not backed up with any links.....) that suicides increase on the monday of a long weekend....we don't know his work schedule.....was he to return to work on the Tuesday? quite possible......but not something that has been verified. I don't know if it was a suicide. None of us do. MOO.

Was Chris in PJ's when found?

that is what I want to know. I think the story is far fetched and the family not wanting to believe it was suicide. It's hard for people to wrap their heads around a successful man who had it all, great career, marriage, travel, money living a big lifestyle. People always think...oooh they have nothing to worry about. Maybe I am wrong, but my father was a sleep walker we took many precautions.

His Mom's statements..

He was sleepwalking

His light just burned out

While I agree that his death requires more answers to the questions posed, it is frustrating when people state their OPINIONS as facts.....we have ZERO indication that a note was left. In fact, from the interview with his mom it would seem that there was no note. Just because someone was suicidal 30 years ago, does not mean they were suicidal today.......this is a huge leap as I think most teenagers who struggle with their sexual identity struggle at some point with depression. As for the statement (not backed up with any links.....) that suicides increase on the monday of a long weekend....we don't know his work schedule.....was he to return to work on the Tuesday? quite possible......but not something that has been verified. I don't know if it was a suicide. None of us do. MOO.

Mondays have long been identified as the worst day of the week, both in academic research and popular culture. The day was linked with suicide as long ago as the 19th century, when Emile Durkheim, one of the pioneers of sociology, theorized that suicides were most likely at the beginnings of new periods or phases.

There is speculation that Monday may have been replaced by Wednesday in recent years, but historically Monday is the most popular day.

And nobody said there was a note, it was speculation. In fact it looks like there wasn't one judging by his mothers comments. As far as his past admission of being suicidal, it sure as hell is an indicator. Most people do not have those thoughts, even in high stress periods of their life. For most people that is not an option. The mere fact that he considered it during a period of high stress means that he is at risk. The stress situation may have subsided but the fact that suicide was an option always remains. Later in life when a new stress situation appears, it is only logical that the same defence mechanisms would kick in.

His Mom's statements..

He was sleepwalking

His light just burned out

Those really weren't her statements. She said "she believed he was sleepwalking". Big difference there.

There is speculation that Monday may have been replaced by Wednesday in recent years, but historically Monday is the most popular day.

And nobody said there was a note, it was speculation. In fact it looks like there wasn't one judging by his mothers comments. As far as his past admission of being suicidal, it sure as hell is an indicator. Most people do not have those thoughts, even in high stress periods of their life. For most people that is not an option. The mere fact that he considered it during a period of high stress means that he is at risk. The stress situation may have subsided but the fact that suicide was an option always remains. Later in life when a new stress situation appears, it is only logical that the same defence mechanisms would kick in.

I agree that most people in general do not contemplate suicide....but teenagers who are coming to terms with their sexual identity in a small town are much more likely to have these thoughts. (moo)

everything you said is plausible.....i don't disagree......but it is your opinion, not fact.....so please state that :)

Those really weren't her statements. She said "she believed he was sleepwalking". Big difference there.

Oh excuse me

Point I am making is she says he was a sleepwalker, she said he did that alot, she said it was his reality

That certainly leads one to believe that she thinks this is what happened, don't you think?

The other comment about his light burning out doesn't go with sleepwalking accident for ME

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jend1184
Back