AR - Thomas Naramore, 18 mos, dies in hot car, Hot Springs, 24 July 2015

Thanks -- I was beginning to feel like maybe I was paranoid to think this behavior could repeat itself. I actually find myself on the other side of my argument now, wondering how on earth this woman could allow herself to do this twice!!!

She wanted to get rid of the baby and get sympathy. It is like Munchasens in a little different form.

Yeah, maybe he was meeting with church elders while his kid strangled himself burning up his little brain in the death mobile. I have just lived too long and am just too cynical. Sorry. I cannot live in the land of denial of what goes on in real life. Drugs, alcohol, and sex (lust), & mental illness are the cause of most misery in the US. IMO. Bluesneakers, I am not sure if it was you or not, but some people went crazy on the Arkansas homeschoolers in another thread this year. But now it is a judge, everyone seems so leery of saying anything. This judge is the brilliant decider of what other parents are doing in their homes. I personally thoroughly question his competence and judgment for that job.

I'm not saying you should live in la-la land and I am not defending this judge's actions. I'm just pointing out that despite your denial you did act as if something you made up was a fact. I'm cynical too, but I'm not going to tell anyone what happened when I don't know.

Do you know for a fact he was doing drugs and/or having sex with someone other than his wife?

Yeah, maybe he was meeting with church elders while his kid strangled himself burning up his little brain in the death mobile. I have just lived too long and am just too cynical. Sorry. I cannot live in the land of denial of what goes on in real life. Drugs, alcohol, and sex (lust), & mental illness are the cause of most misery in the US. IMO. Bluesneakers, I am not sure if it was you or not, but some people went crazy on the Arkansas homeschoolers in another thread this year. But now it is a judge, everyone seems so leery of saying anything. This judge is the brilliant decider of what other parents are doing in their homes. I personally thoroughly question his competence and judgment for that job.
I think the point was you're making huge assumptions about the judge with seemingly NOTHING to base your assumptions on. Life experience viewed through a filter of sexism is where it appears the assumptions are coming from, not any facts about the case here.

The children being allegedly poisoned by their father is another case, the only two connections being geography and a courtroom, unless I've missed something.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

Fwiw, commenters under some articles have demanded compassion because the judge was distraught and distracted by the recent death of his father, but according to this obit his dad passed away more than a month before the incident.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/staugustine/obituary.aspx?pid=175175876

Certainly he would still be grieving, but most adults are able to restore a semblance of order to their lives within a month of a parent's death, aren't they? And I would think after the death of one's father, one would be even MORE inclined to focus on family relationships, particularly one's relationship with one's own son. It does seem like a case of misplaced priorities.

This is a theory that has been put on FYI Arkansas as a reply..it's just a theory I cannot verify at this point. I'm having trouble posting

image.jpg

This is a theory that has been put on FYI Arkansas as a reply..it's just a theory I cannot verify at this point. I'm having trouble posting

View attachment 80382[/QUOT

Speculation or fact? Wasn't clear from your post.

In either case it makes as much sense as any other suggestions. Seems like there are common threads in most of the cases I have read. Some center around addictive behaviors in which the parent is deeply involved in meeting the addictive need. Some involve a change in routine in which the autopilot kicks in. And some involve a missed handoff between parents.

Seems like the excuses being made for this inexcusable "oversight" are allowances that commenters make for some people, yet for other "sorts" of people, "they should have known better".

IMO.

It is posted as a friend of the family...I cannot verify. My speculation is from some comments of people who are working on the case who I know personally it's possible. Again...nothing is for sure

Do you know where it was originally posted? When I searched all I found was someone (SA) sharing it and claiming someone else said it.

Do you know where it was originally posted? When I searched all I found was someone (SA) sharing it and claiming someone else said it.

All I know supposily a family friend...some people who commented in the positive are people with DHS. I will ask about the original post. See where I get

All I know supposily a family friend...some people who commented in the positive are people with DHS. I will ask about the original post. See where I get

Posted by Shannen Adcock on FYI Arkansas. I don't know where she got but I have asked..

Posted by Shannen Adcock on FYI Arkansas. I don't know where she got but I have asked..

That's what I found too, and it was just a capture of someone else's comment, so not something SA was even saying. IMO that's like a rumour of a rumour. :)

View attachment 80382

This makes even less sense. He remembers to drive home to get the other car without remembering that he hadn't taken the child to daycare and then returned to get his own car before going to work?

Why would they have only had one car seat? Surely a judge could afford a 2nd car seat so there's one in each car.

I actually do believe that it can be accidental in many cases, and even in this case it probably is, but I suspect what was distracting him wasn't work...

The man in Wichita KS who left an infant in the car last summer was only sentenced to three years. Makes me SICK. He went and bought weed, came home, left the baby in the car, went inside and was smoking weed, eating pizza, and watching Game of Thrones with his partner when he saw a scene with a baby in it the jogged his memory. He then returned to his car to find the baby dead. I do believe it was accidental rather than intentional but it was still negligence and negligence committed while indulging in illegal activities and that should matter, but apparently it doesn't. Sigh.

View attachment 80382

...it means that the mother, on a day which eventually reached 100 degrees, put the baby in a car and shut the door. Even if there were adequate communications with the father, she shut her child up in a hot car. If the door had been open, the father would have noticed it. This tale might get the father off the hook, but it puts the mother on the hook.

Not only that, but from what I have read of hot car deaths it is hard to fathom how the dad didn't notice the SMELL of his dead child as soon as he opened the car door. It is a very gruesome death.

That story (not sure who came up with it) makes no sense whatsoever. Dad got into mother's car to pick the child up? Who did he think drop the child off?

...it means that the mother, on a day which eventually reached 100 degrees, put the baby in a car and shut the door. Even if there were adequate communications with the father, she shut her child up in a hot car. If the door had been open, the father would have noticed it. This tale might get the father off the hook, but it puts the mother on the hook.

It's ridiculous. Why would dad need mom to put the baby in the car seat for him? is he disabled? Let's not forget, this is not a tiny infant but a toddler who was likely wide awake and talking a mile a minute when mommy lovingly strapped him in an empty car and left him all alone in complete silence. If this is true, I feel even worse for this poor child whom nobody appeared to have a strong enough bond with to care whether he might be lonely or scared or in danger. Jeez, it's just such a callous and insensitive thing to do to a baby, even if dad comes out after 2 minutes and takes him to daycare as planned. I mean, come ON! Honestly, who DOES that? I also don't believe that the type of daycare that cares for judge's kids doesn't call someone when a baby doesn't show up as planned.

It's ridiculous. Why would dad need mom to put the baby in the car seat for him? is he disabled? Let's not forget, this is not a tiny infant but a toddler who was likely wide awake and talking a mile a minute when mommy lovingly strapped him in an empty car and left him all alone in complete silence. If this is true, I feel even worse for this poor child whom nobody appeared to have a strong enough bond with to care whether he might be lonely or scared or in danger. Jeez, it's just such a callous and insensitive thing to do to a baby, even if dad comes out after 2 minutes and takes him to daycare as planned. I mean, come ON! Honestly, who DOES that? I also don't believe that the type of daycare that cares for judge's kids doesn't call someone when a baby doesn't show up as planned.

I don't know that there is anything that will truly make sense of this incident. Personally, until shown otherwise, I prefer to believe that the parents are not ogres--simply because most parents are not ogres. If there was some evil distraction (an addictive behavior) I anticipate that will come out soon enough. For the time being I will continue to weep with the parents and family members who have lost a child and are now faced with whatever they know their role to be in bringing about that loss. For such is the nature of loss. If a child is hit by a car walking to school, there is not a parent on earth who is not haunted with what-ifs about why they didn't walk with them or drive them, or whether they had trained them up in safety procedures well enough, or whatever else they might have done to deserve such punishment from the universe.

More will be revealed, I am certain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back