ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. We used to camp there when I was little -- not long before this happened, actually, but I've never heard of the story before. It's tragic. I cannot understand what the parents must go through in cases like this one.

Well, you can get a pretty good idea what Laura's parents and siblings went through just by reading her father's two-part story. :(

If ggp and IR drove to the campsite in the Suburban pulling the camper, and DK and JM drove DK's black truck, they would have had to meet up on Thursday night for the parents and DeOrr to sleep in the Suburban. I can see how ggp and IR wouldn't see him that night if DeOrr was already asleep in the truck and ggp and IR were sleeping in the camper and tent when DeOrr was moved to the Suburban for the night. If the "family" went to the store in the morning before setting up camp or hanging out with ggp or IR (baby sleeping late), they could have left for the store without ggp or IR ever seeing him. There have been reports that ggp was watching the baby, but I don't have a link and haven't heard it straight from ggp's mouth, so it's possible that report was relayed by someone else. Upon returning from the store, DK and JM could have gone exploring. Maybe left DeOrr sleeping in his unbuckled car seat? Afterwards, they could ask ggp where DeOrr was, and ggp would be shocked if he hadn't seen him at the campground yet. JMO.

And during all this switching back and forth from the truck to the suburban and then from the suburban back to the truck GGP and IR never saw little Deorr?

The child went missing on Friday

The parents had no reason to discuss what they were doing on Monday , Tuesday , Wednesday or Thursday .

It took them over a month to clear up that they did in fact arrive on Thursday instead of Friday, and they have not been very forthcoming with any details, so no I don't necessarily think the sheriff would have cleared it up.... MOO

Who's "they"?

I'm sure "they" say the same as they do for the increase in shark attacks. More people in the water equals more shark bites . . . . More people in the forest equals more disappearances. Stands to reason, no?! Yeah, RIGHT!!

Given how so many people are completely and utterly separated from nature these days, I am not the least bit surprised that more are going missing than did in the past. It's a little harder to see how such a young child could so completely disappear without a trace, though.

I know, because if they camped at Timber Creek on Thursday night then there would be two additional witnesses that would place Deorr at the campsite (great-grandpa and IR) and you'd think that would be enough for the sheriff to be 100% sure he was there. If he isn't 100% sure, then he thinks there is a 1% chance that great-grandpa and/or IR is/are lying, OR they didn't camp at Timber Creek on Thursday. I'm thinking it's the latter because he has said that he thinks IR is being honest. If he is referring to the campsite as being Timber Creek campground and that is not where they camped Thursday night, then that might account for the 1% uncertainty of Deorr being there. Maybe great-grandpa and IR did not see him at Timber Creek campground on Friday and thus the 1%. If DK and JM got up and went to the store in the morning alone ("as a family," without great-grandpa and IR) and then they were all to meet back up again at the new campsite (Timber Creek), it is possible that when DK and JM arrived at Timber Creek, IR and great-grandpa could have just assumed Deorr was there even though they didn't actually lay eyes on him (maybe they thought he was asleep in the truck or something, or maybe IR was out fishing)? Just thinking. MOO.

Let's see now. If you read something here on the forum that you didn't read yourself, even though you're 99% certain it is probably true, you still ask for a link. Without the link you just can't know absolutely and be 100% sure.

Given how so many people are completely and utterly separated from nature these days, I am not the least bit surprised that more are going missing than did in the past. It's a little harder to see how such a young child could so completely disappear without a trace, though.

After reading these threads, I'm thinking that if I had little kids and was going camping, I would make them dress in fluorescent glow-in-the-dark clothes and wear a GPS bracelet and life jacket at all times. :)

I think red flags would have popped up all over the place if IR did not confirm DeOrr had been there.

Investigators have questioned everybody several times and if there was any deception they would have spotted it.

I suppose there is the possibility IR was down fishing when the family came back from the store and he did not see DeOrr during that time period .

But if the child did not come back with the parents how could the grandfather have seen him.

The grandfather is an older man on supplemental oxygen who apparently still drives , I think it is an error to label him as a demented person gasping his last breath.

Was just thinking my post may have given the wrong impression right before I read yours. So to clarify, I meant that IR may not have actually seen the baby, he could have arrived at a different time or been away from the camp site at the time. Maybe he arrived that day rather than the night before. Sorry for the confusion.

It just seems like an odd gathering. Young couple with great grandpa and his friend?

No other women there. No other kids there. You have to sleep in the car until the camper arrives. It just seems odd that they chose to do the outing with just them. Maybe they needed an alibi and didn't want to go with others whom would have paid more attention or notice certain things were fishy.

Jmo

Was just thinking my post may have given the wrong impression right before I read yours. So to clarify, I meant that IR may not have actually seen the baby, he could have arrived at a different time or been away from the camp site at the time. Maybe he arrived that day rather than the night before. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for clearing that up neesaki. I was confused when I read your post, but not any more. :)

Mom and dad took off while leaving baby with great grandpa and friend.

The boy wasn't sleep. So why journey off without him on the family camping trip so early in the day?

I'm not buying this at all.

The only way I could understand is if the parents said that we took off to smoke a doobie and we didn't want our son to see us. But their taking off solo is just mind blowing at the moment. Jmo.

Not really. She has other kids too doesn't she? Maybe they just wanted half an hour on their own. I can get that as a parent, there are times when you just need time out. I can't see mom and dad leaving Deorr with GGP if they didn't think he was safe. They know him much better than we do. I bet those parents wish they had just waited until Deorr was having his nap now, but hindsight is 20/20

It just seems like an odd gathering. Young couple with great grandpa and his friend?

No other women there. No other kids there. You have to sleep in the car until the camper arrives. It just seems odd that they chose to do the outing with just them. Maybe they needed an alibi and didn't want to go with others whom would have paid more attention or notice certain things were fishy.

Jmo

IYO, what type of gathering wouldn't seem odd? Just wondering.

I would like to know who suggested the trip? And if they all use to camp together?

Ggp is old. Young kid running around. And parents take off. Idk

Jmo

I'm usually the only woman when we go camping because ... I'm the only woman in my family. ;)

And we've gone camping with my elderly father-in-law before where he slept in the camper and the five of us slept in a small tent. There are plenty of odd things and big questions re: this case, but the camping/sleeping arrangements are not one of them (in my opinion).

The gathering doesn't seem odd to me and neither does the parents wanting to "explore" as they said...on their own. Maybe they didn't want to fool with having to stop every minute and tend to the child. He would not be able to travel or roam around as fast as the parents. It was their one selfish moment of exploring on their own. That doesn't make them bad people. Flip side--the part that makes them look bad IMO is they can't keep the chain of events straight, the story continues to shake and snake around instead of being straight in my opinion. I'm starting to give them the side eye. Forgive me if I missed this question and answer already but was the PI working for free or was he paid?

I would like to know who suggested the trip? And if they all use to camp together?

I'm wondering what type of group you wouldn't find odd? I just don't find anything odd about the makeup of the group. We have an adult couple and their son and the grandfather/great-father and his friend. What makes that odd? It's not like they went out dancing. Oh, and a 70-yr old person isn't necessarily "old".

JMO. Maybe out there all alone they had a false sense of security or false sense of having a hold on the kid situation. Their guard was down. If in fact it turns out the child was abducted. I'm thinking this frame of mind was their downfall sadly. :facepalm: I'd too like to know if they camped often and what their internet searches were in the days before.

JMO. Maybe out there all alone they had a false sense of security or false sense of having a hold on the kid situation. Their guard was down. If in fact it turns out the child was abducted. I'm thinking this frame of mind was their downfall sadly. :facepalm: I'd too like to know if they camped often and what their internet searches were in the days before.

I think most people let their guards down when camping. It's natural. I would have a hard time blaming anyone who is going through this through no fault of their own simply because they were relaxing on vacation. But sadly, you DO have to keep your guard up even more than if you were at home, ime, simply because bad people can and do prey on holiday-makers simply *because they have their guards down and are perceived as easy targets.

Thanks for clearing that up neesaki. I was confused when I read your post, but not any more. :)

Yeah, I was in a hurry earlier and on my Ipad which was loading really, really slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodfish