GUILTY Australia - Jayde Kendall, 16, Gatton, Qld, 14 Aug 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's the article, thank you.

Having reread it now, it does tend to sound like schoolyard speculation rather than firsthand knowledge.

Anything could have been going on. Snapchat, the Ask site (which shall not be named or you get ****) — the police took the school kids and McDonalds crew's phones for forensics, so let's hope that was helpful to the investigation, because at the moment, any motive seems nebulous to me.

Not a personal attack by any stretch of the imagination. You aren't the first person in this thread to trot out the video game "correlation". Correlation does not imply causation. Apologies if you took offence.

71% of Australian households contain 2 or more gamers. More stats here for those interested: http://igea.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Digital-Australia-2014-Infographics.pdf

More apologies for getting off topic. There's been some rampant speculation in this thread and being rather close to the case, it tends to rustle my jimmys, so to speak.

Your infographic data includes children, which means it would be rather distorted by Peppa Pig et al. There are all sorts of games, educational ones, hidden object ones covered in your infographic. If this discussion is to be sensible it needs to look at games for over 18s. That was the correlation I was making.

The R18+ area is the frightening one, ie. Grand Theft Auto V: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-...and-theft-auto-5-game-sexual-violence/5939184

There is no evidence that the games played by the men mentioned earlier were specifically GTA V or games that incorporate depictions of violence against women, but those do tend to be the popular ones in their demographic. I have yet to see a man playing patience on an iPad in preference to a speedy action game on an Xbox.

moo

Back on topic please. This is not a discussion about gaming so leave it out.

Back on topic, does anyone have a link to a video of Bennetts lawyer making his statement after court on Friday?

OK now what on earth would make someone drive from Brisbane to Gatton to see a 16 year old girl, who only had a couple of hours to spare before work, kill her (unplanned) then return home?

Is that what happened, was Brenden in town for any other reason, or did he especially drive over?

There must have been some kind of conflict between them. Had they had a relationship at any time? Were they involved in a long running dispute?

I think he picked her up to speak to her in person about something they were unable to resolve and it escalated quickly into murder. Clearly this was completely unplanned (hasty disposal of body).

The truth will out.

Motive is still a mystery - I am intrigued by the "other circumstances that will come to light" - they suggest "accident" or maybe Jayde contributing somehow to her death (not my opinion BTW) - things escalated quickly obviously and he had to be up in the Lockyer Valley for a reason - the accused seems to have been in a relationship for some time with another girl in Brisbane but was he still seeing young Jayde on the side? Jayde may have had some "news" for him that he didn't receive well. That could have led to a brain explosion on the accused's part. Other than that? Was he on ice? Mental health issues?

I thought that, very early in this case, I read somewhere in an article that Bennetts lived in Laidley? It was just after they had started talking to him but I don't remember where I've read this.
Does anyone here have a source that says that he is from Brisbane? All I read was that his current girlfriend is from Brisbane. Maybe I just mixed things up.

hmm, from what I know fingerprinting doesn't cause the yellowing that these marks have.
The time frame for the yellowing of these bruises if they are would actually coincide time wise

Motive is still a mystery - I am intrigued by the "other circumstances that will come to light" - they suggest "accident" or maybe Jayde contributing somehow to her death (not my opinion BTW) - things escalated quickly obviously and he had to be up in the Lockyer Valley for a reason - the accused seems to have been in a relationship for some time with another girl in Brisbane but was he still seeing young Jayde on the side? Jayde may have had some "news" for him that he didn't receive well. That could have led to a brain explosion on the accused's part. Other than that? Was he on ice? Mental health issues?

Pregnancy?

I thought that, very early in this case, I read somewhere in an article that Bennetts lived in Laidley? It was just after they had started talking to him but I don't remember where I've read this.
Does anyone here have a source that says that he is from Brisbane? All I read was that his current girlfriend is from Brisbane. Maybe I just mixed things up.

You could be right, I'm a bit confused on a lot of the details of this case!

hmm, from what I know fingerprinting doesn't cause the yellowing that these marks have.
The time frame for the yellowing of these bruises if they are would actually coincide time wise

I know also that a lot of places don't use the traditional fingerprinting techniques with ink and paper. We were burgled a few years ago and had to give exclusion prints, which were done on a touchpad linked to a computer.

To me it looks more like bruising, or as someone suggested a blurred out tattoo - but given he's identified now you'd think a clear version would have been published.

If it was bruising, it is on the left had side so could indicate something happening in the car and Jayde grabbing him from the passenger seat? JMO

I really think it's shadows from nearby trees, if his hands were that bruised from Jayde he'd surely have worn a long sleeved shirt. They also have that dappled effect you see from shadows of leaves.

I really think it's shadows from nearby trees, if his hands were that bruised from Jayde he'd surely have worn a long sleeved shirt. They also have that dappled effect you see from shadows of leaves.

Hmm you know, if it is bruising and he is right handed, this could indeed be "on show" and not "hidden" for the pure fact of a self defense claim

I think it looks like tree dapples.

Yep .. definitely .. you can see the blurring here ..

attachment.php

What's happened is the photographer has shot through some trees, so those are leaves much closer to the photographer than the subject .. definitely not bruises. If you look closely you can see that they are also in front of the fence behind him.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...erest-honest-kid/story-fntwpug1-1227500397042

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-30 at 12.07.06 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-30 at 12.07.06 pm.png
    336.1 KB · Views: 504
Early stories said BB frequented McDonalds Gatton Central. JK worked front counter. There would be nothing unusual about an 18yo male having a girlfriend but keeping his options open. He may have built up a fantasy about Jayde, as we know he is an imaginative and prolific writer. BB was probably crashing at the girlfriend's place and coming back to Gatton/Laidley when he needed some air or extra cash from his parents. We all know what 18yo boys can be like. Even those who have never gotten a speeding ticket.

Early stories said BB frequented McDonalds Gatton Central. JK worked front counter. There would be nothing unusual about an 18yo male having a girlfriend but keeping his options open. He may have built up a fantasy about Jayde, as we know he is an imaginative and prolific writer. BB was probably crashing at the girlfriend's place and coming back to Gatton/Laidley when he needed some air or extra cash from his parents. We all know what 18yo boys can be like. Even those who have never gotten a speeding ticket.

I think he was seeing Jayde when staying with his parents, and seeing his other girlfriend when he wanted to stay at a parent free zone.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawggirl88
Back