GUILTY OR - Mark Dribin, 42, Portland, 02 July 1999 *Christopher Charles Lovrien sentenced*

all previous contact info is outdated! I just spoke by phone with Det. Lori Fonken of Portland P.D. who is willing to look at this case with a fresh set of eyes. She is very nice and seems very willing to pursue it. Best way to contact her with new leads is: lori.fonken@portlandoregon.gov. Or you can call the Missing Persons Dep't. at Portland P.D. at (503) 823-0446. The other officers previously listed have all retired.

Good luck, Linas! I hope this is Mark!

attachment.php
This is another picture of Mark I found online in the last couple of days. I can't find any younger ones of him with hair. I looked through my Bat Mitzvah albums and couldn't find the one I have of him in my mind. His parents were there in the photos. I remember him having long, curly reddish-brown hair in the early '70's.

Attachments

• mark-dribin.jpg
    mark-dribin.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 250
His face haunts me. He looks so kind and gentle....

And welcome to WS gray. :)

Thanks Tulessa. I've been a member for years but don't post much but as I said, Marks case has always been one I go back to and I wish LinasK all the best in locating him and bringing him home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How exciting!
Mark's face has greeted me many times when I "tune in" to WS. He does indeed look like a kind and fun person.
He deserves the best, and hopefully he will be brought home very soon.
Blessings to all!

Is his dental on record Linask?

Not sure, but I've confirmed they have his DNA/his parents DNA on file. I know sometimes they can trace back from maternal DNA. They had his blood spatter, and I'm sure his parents could get his dental records if they had to. This UID had a problem with his spine (like a disc fusion I think), and talking with my DH- he thought that's the kind of injury a baggage handler might have...

Oh sweet Linas, I so want you to find Mark.... but I worry about how the anxiety must be for you to have to wait for more steps to be taken to confirm/decline this possibility. Every time I see your name on a new post I expect to see a huge "finally!" or a "deflated, but ready to start again". Your devotion is inspiring. Good luck.

Oh sweet Linas, I so want you to find Mark.... but I worry about how the anxiety must be for you to have to wait for more steps to be taken to confirm/decline this possibility. Every time I see your name on a new post I expect to see a huge "finally!" or a "deflated, but ready to start again". Your devotion is inspiring. Good luck.
It's gonna take weeks, and I gotta say- the waiting is getting hard. but Murphy's law, I just know something is going to break in one or both of my cases in a few weeks when I'm incredibly busy in real life, LOL!

Hi LinasK! Obviously you know much more about this case seeing as you're related, but the only thing that makes me slightly disregard the case you posted a few back is that he went missing in 1999, with blood spatter on the walls, and the IUD supposedly died between 2004-2006.

Of course it's not out of the question that he survived whatever happened to him in 1999 but where do you think he was between 1999-2004ish that he wouldn't have contacted anyone?

Maybe fleeing the relationship gone wrong and afraid to reach out for his own safety? Or with the abusive partner, unable to flee?

The spine injury being consistent with his occupation is a good indicator though!

Hi LinasK! Obviously you know much more about this case seeing as you're related, but the only thing that makes me slightly disregard the case you posted a few back is that he went missing in 1999, with blood spatter on the walls, and the IUD supposedly died between 2004-2006.

Of course it's not out of the question that he survived whatever happened to him in 1999 but where do you think he was between 1999-2004ish that he wouldn't have contacted anyone?

Maybe fleeing the relationship gone wrong and afraid to reach out for his own safety? Or with the abusive partner, unable to flee?

The spine injury being consistent with his occupation is a good indicator though!

BBM: Perhaps the estimated date is wrong?

BBM: Perhaps the estimated date is wrong?

I saw date found as 2006, I assume Mark was killed in 1999, and maybe not found until then and not identified. I could be wrong, but this sketch looks an awful lot like his eyes, nose, and cheeks if you discount the hair/lack of and weight gain/loss in the chin area. Plus it was found only 13 mi. outside of Portland in a wooded area. So it seems entirely possible his killer wouldn't have transported a dead body far, certainly not out-of-state.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7309

This is the case I think is Mark. There is a tiny sketch in the upper lefthand corner. Out of 19 exclusions, Mark has never been excluded as this IUD to date. Keep your fingers crossed...:crossfingers:
attachment.php

The eyes and nose are very similar.
I prqy that this is what you have been searching for.
Hoping the new year brings new answers. Shana Tova.

The eyes and nose are very similar.
I prqy that this is what you have been searching for.
Hoping the new year brings new answers. Shana Tova.
Thank you, same to you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back