KY - Rowan County clerk Kim Davis Jailed for Contempt, 2015

rsbm

I have no doubt whatsoever that there are some who have committed suicide over being bullied about clothing and hair too.

Gay Bullying Statistics:

"According to recent gay bullying statistics, gay and lesbian teens are two to three times as more likely to commit teen suicide than other youths. About 30 percent of all completed suicides have been related to sexual identity crisis."

Gay Bullying Statistics:

"According to recent gay bullying statistics, gay and lesbian teens are two to three times as more likely to commit teen suicide than other youths. About 30 percent of all completed suicides have been related to sexual identity crisis."
Hair and clothing can be changed. Sexual identity cannot. :moo:

Kim Davis appears far too narcissistic to be bullied to the point of suicide. Because she has made herself a martyr to her cause, she's put herself out there as a public target. <modsnip>

BBM - And paid 80K a year. I noticed she had on a brand new pair of glasses for her 'press conference' on her first day back to work. I bet if she was being fined for each day that she refuses to do her job, her tune would change really quick. :moo:
IIRC the reason Judge Bunning didn't impose fines on Miss Kim was because it was assumed that her supporters would quickly rally donations to pay the fines, so it wouldn't actually hit her where it hurt.

rsbm

I have no doubt whatsoever that there are some who have committed suicide over being bullied about clothing and hair too.

You are correct. My daughter was bullied by children and faculty for not choosing to dress "like a girl". (She broke no dress codes, but teachers were always expressing concern that she was, well, too "boyish") She became suicidal (not over her sexuality, but over the bullying by students and non-response by teachers who figured she had it coming). Thankfully, we found her some amazing, compassionate counselors who helped her gain the confidence to shake off the small-minded bigots and hypocrites, and learn to love who she is.

And BTW, we aren't talking "look at me" disruptive stuff. My daughter simply preferred not to wear makeup, was more comfy in boy's jeans, Converse and tees, and liked to wear black. Nothing else. No drugs. No profanity. They just thought she was "dykey" (their word was "polarizing"-are you effing KIDDING ME?):( because she wasn't "hooking up" with boys at age 15, wearing revealing clothing, or the (at the time) obligatory thick, black eyeliner and making duck face selfies. :(

So, yes, I agree that sanctimonious, judgmental people are often the cause of people committing suicide. And those people suck. Kim Davis sucks.

IIRC the reason Judge Bunning didn't impose fines on Miss Kim was because it was assumed that her supporters would quickly rally donations to pay the fines, so it wouldn't actually hit her where it hurt.

Hitting her where it most hurt would be ignoring her, while removing her from her position.

She is making this a very public issue as a path to a gravy train. She is deliberately "martyring" herself in hopes of a paycheck or well-paying platform.

If she were truly principled, she would simply decline to continue in that position and find work that was fulfilling and suitable to her moral and ethical criteria.

Instead, she is repeatedly calling attention to HERSELF. Not her God or her faith. She is a warrior for Kim Davis and for no one else. MOO.

FOX is the premium example. It's dated now, but Fair and Balanced, My *advertiser censored*!: An Unbridled Look at the Bizarre Reality of Fox News is a fun and informative (if aggravating) read. They are masters at what they do and their audience eats it up.
Yeah. Lots of folks out there would rather be validated then informed any old day.
Fox is merely a propaganda bureau with newsroom set decorations.

ue

Hitting her where it most hurt would be ignoring her, while removing her from her position.

She is making this a very public issue as a path to a gravy train. She is deliberately "martyring" herself in hopes of a paycheck or well-paying platform.

If she were truly principled, she would simply decline to continue in that position and find work that was fulfilling and suitable to her moral and ethical criteria.

Instead, she is repeatedly calling attention to HERSELF. Not her God or her faith. She is a warrior for Kim Davis and for no one else. MOO.

She will be known as nothing more, than those in the past that opposed equal rights for others throughout history. For generations to come, her ancestors will most likely be embarrassed by her actions.

Ky. clerk loses another appeal in gay marriage case

Associated Press 7:28 p.m. EDT September 17, 2015

Louisville, Ky. — Kentucky County Clerk Kim Davis lost another legal bid to delay issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, marking the latest in a mounting stack of rejected appeals.

Davis, who returned to work this week after five days in jail for defying a federal court order, had again tried to persuade the Sixth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals to delay a judge’s mandate that she issue marriage licenses to all couples...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/17/davis-appeal-denied/72364680/

Isnt she voted in office? I wonder if thats why they cant fire her. Im all for standing up for your religious beliefs . But when the law was passed she should have resigned. To me, her refusal to issue licences but let a co worker do it is wrong too. Take what you believe to be sin and hand it to someone else. How does that clear her conscience? jmo

Isnt she voted in office? I wonder if thats why they cant fire her. Im all for standing up for your religious beliefs . But when the law was passed she should have resigned. To me, her refusal to issue licences but let a co worker do it is wrong too. Take what you believe to be sin and hand it to someone else. How does that clear her conscience? jmo

Very much agree.

Every day Kim Davis decides to remain in her position, instead of resigning, she continuously shows everyone watching that she loves her salary and bully pulpit, more than she hates gays and gay marriage.

This is all about money, and power, IMO. Her "personal convictions" wear a heavy cloak of hypocri$y.

IMO, this is far less about KD standing up for her principles, and much more about her refusal to give up her bully position and her salary. And she apparently has no problem with her conscience as to how much her ongoing tantrum has cost taxpayers to litigate this, put her in jail, etc.

I find it pretty interesting and self serving for politicians that the the process of removing an elected official in KY for cause (refusal to comply with the law and court orders) is so onerous. Tyranny, along with officially sanctioned nepotism in KY-- that's a fiefdom.

Somewhere it was decided that it was easier, and possibly cheaper in the long run, to just let recalcitrant officials stay in their jobs.

From your link: She removed her name and the name of the county from the form. Is that altering a government document? Is there punishment for what she did?

IMO, it seems clear she could have her name removed from the document. But removing the COUNTY that the document was issued in is a whole other ballgame, IMO. I don't think that is legal. But we will have to wait and see what the lawyers and courts think.

She may have quite intentionally done this stunt (removing the county of issue) precisely to manipulate the issue BACK into the courts, since she's been shot down by the courts at every turn.

Kentucky, Rowan County, and the rest of our country really DO have to confront these issues of willful disobedience on the part of government officials, and pass into law better and more efficient procedures to remove them from office and hold them accountable.

IMO, once a situation is so chaotic that a judge has to find a county clerk in contempt, and jail her, there should be an automatic mechanism to provide for removal from office.

No county or state legislature should be burdened with whether or not to spend more taxpayer money to continue to litigate the temper tantrum of a county official.

Maybe it would be as simple as changing low level positions such as county clerks to appointed employee positions, rather than elected ones.

The officially sanctioned nepotism needs to be withdrawn, too.

Lots and lots of fodder for bills for the new legislative session, IMO. I hope KY residents are contacting their elected legislators and urging change.

IMO, it seems clear she could have her name removed from the document. But removing the COUNTY that the document was issued in is a whole other ballgame, IMO. I don't think that is legal. But we will have to wait and see what the lawyers and courts think.

She may have quite intentionally done this stunt (removing the county of issue) precisely to manipulate the issue BACK into the courts, since she's been shot down by the courts at every turn.

Kentucky, Rowan County, and the rest of our country really DO have to confront these issues of willful disobedience on the part of government officials, and pass into law better and more efficient procedures to remove them from office and hold them accountable.

IMO, once a situation is so chaotic that a judge has to find a county clerk in contempt, and jail her, there should be an automatic mechanism to provide for removal from office.

No county or state legislature should be burdened with whether or not to spend more taxpayer money to continue to litigate the temper tantrum of a county official.

Maybe it would be as simple as changing low level positions such as county clerks to appointed employee positions, rather than elected ones.

The officially sanctioned nepotism needs to be withdrawn, too.

Lots and lots of fodder for bills for the new legislative session, IMO. I hope KY residents are contacting their elected legislators and urging change.

:goodpost:

Using talk to text with lots of grammar errors !

I hope Judge Bunning finds her in contempt again.

I certainly find her petty, immature, and all around contemptible. Such a poor example of a Christian, IMO.

OMG!!! She didn't just take her name off the licenses, she took the county's name off too, and demoted Brian Mason to Notary Public, so that he isn't licensed to issue them!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hopefully this is a Federal offense for altering legal documents. Kentucky really needs to change it's laws regarding the salary, elected positions, and nepotism. I hear her county is trying to charge her with Malfeasance of Office, since the legislature doesn't meet again 'till January. This law-breaker needs to be thrown out of office and into jail with no pay!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie
Back