TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm overworked and overtired but I'm not seeing a connection....not even a slight one.have I gone mad ? ..:thinking:

I wonder if this woman was from another country, maybe someone who had entered the US illegally or had overstayed her visa. Desperate to stay in the US (and possibly with reason to fear going back to her homeland) maybe she found a way to create a whole new identity who was an American citizen. Just a thought, but it would explain a lot, and in 1988, this was before the fall of the iron curtain, maybe she was from the USSR or another communist nation.

So this is Ben Perkins from the notes page along with the writing about Perk(ins)?

(I'm kinda cashed tonight, too!) I do love it when Linda9681 has a slow day at work, though!

I don't know if I'm overworked and overtired but I'm not seeing a connection....not even a slight one.have I gone mad ? ..:thinking:

There is a poi (person of interest) in the Cleveland area. If you think back to the notes of Lori Ruff (kennedy), you recall the name of 'Ben Perkins' in the notes in Los Angeles. It was suspected that there was a connection between Lori Kennedy and Ben Perkins. The connection of Ben Perkins to the Cleveland area gives this supposition more credibility, although it is not a proven fact. Joe Velling did say that Ben Perkins Jr. did deny any connection with Lori Kennedy. Of course at the time, she was not Lori Kennedy or Becky Turner. There was no way for Joe Velling to provide the actual name of Flek, before she became Becky Turner.

It's okay I'm filled in now !!

I wasn't seeing the second picture ,

Or the full story,thought I was losing me marbles..

I'm on this now

Thank you

:detective::dance:

I don't know if it was discussed in a previous thread, I couldn't find it if it was, but what do we know about the Boulder City PO box? That is apparently the earliest location we have for her, if I understand correctly. Apparently before she took the identity of Becky Sue. A couple hours drive from Bakersfield, where she got the birthcertificate. So I can only assume that she lived nearby and either didn't want to give out her address, or she recieved letters she didn't want anyone in her home to see. Some kind of mail-order business? Letters pertaining to her disappearance? Spitballing here, did sexworkers in the eighties work by PO, send a check, get some nudes, like a pre-internet Craigslist? We are pretty sure she may have worked as a stripper, at some point. Well, it would probably be impossible to check all mid eighties borderline legal nudie-mags with such advertising for the correct PO box, even, perhaps especially, in the Vegas area.

Hoo boy, Linda! Let it marinate for a bit, maybe it will come together. I'd love to help out with research, but my skillz with Ancestry and such are not that hot. I can work the Google later, though, if it might help.

Seriously confused right now. I really wish I could connect these dots!!!!!
Anyone up for research on Ben Sr and his occupation in Ohio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do tonight! Awesome work, Linda :)

Oh I drove by two addresses. Mockingbird was a business ( several actually) but interestingly it was just a couple of blocks from SMU and the area is very college oriented. The second, melody lane is just a few exits away and very close to a major mall. There is a bus stop directly in front of the building. It's pretty seedy. I don't know what it was 10 yrs ago.. Here is a pic...
bece16af0a1feef53475f9f623a402aa.jpg
f8c0e3a15b08bf7736c1bd9a918a0e52.jpg

As I have time I will visit the rest of the addresses and post for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness. I can't concentrate because there is much yelling about Minecraft around me but...wow. Surely somebody can tease something out of this - holy smokes:

http://law.justia.com/cases/mississippi/supreme-court/1992/90-ca-0409-1.html

Ehn -- I dunno. Looks like the parties in this case are African American.

It was always known that B. Jr was a black man. The connection isn't thought to be biological. The theory is that B. Jr or his family might have known FLEK or knew her somehow.
At the time of my writing this the post in this thread with B. Sr's information has disappeared. The obituary showed the Ohio connection that Linda9 is referencing and B. Jr's brother has a connection to Kentucky.
All of this only meaningful if you go with the Ohio theory or the Kentucky theory.

If anyone knows how to make her DR pic go global, someone out there knows who she was before her fake identities.

so I tried to email Agent Velling. Evidently ( as stated by his auto-reply email) he retired August 31st of this year!
Does anyone know who is the agent that is taking over the case?

This is completely unrelated, but I was reading an article about a notorious con artist/burglar, and this caught my attention:
Mr. Schroyer said last week that he had misgivings about the new student, who had enrolled under the name Jay Huntsman. "I think my initial reaction was, 'Are you sure you're not a little bit older than 17?' " Mr. Schroyer said. Mr. Huntsman, Mr. Schroyer said, claimed to have been born in Los Angeles and to have lost both parents in an automobile accident. But a Palo Alto police officer who did community-relations duty at the school checked with the police in Los Angeles, and cast doubt on the story. "He said there was a Jay Huntsman, but it was a baby that died early," Mr. Schroyer said.
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/04/nyregion/tracing-a-devious-path-to-the-ivy-league.html

Wow. Creepy. How long ago was this non related case your reading?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I could really use some help. The Becky Turner death certificate had two mistakes on it. One mistake was in the spelling of the name of Becky, as it was spelled Beckie. The second mistake was on the listing of the date of birth on the certificate as it was out by 3 days.
Here are my questions below.

1. Who makes up the death certificates?

2. Who provides the information to the person making up the death certificate?

3. How did the mistakes on the death certificate make it easier for a person to take over the identity of a
deceased person?

4. Could FLEK of her own resources have just picked this particular identity to take over, or was she helped?

5. What are the steps that the state of California would have gone through before issuing a birth certificate to an application, which in this case, was FLEK.

So anyone could comment on any question. I would appreciate that.

Wow. Creepy. How long ago was this non related case your reading?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
This was back in the late 80s around the same time FLEK assumed the Becky Sue Turner identity. What makes this even more interesting is the man in question took his identify from a baby that died in california like FLEK.

From reading the article, it appears that back in those day Law Enforcement was not aware of the whole identify theft angle of using dead babies, they casually mentioned it as if it was a coincidence. James Hogue was probably on his way towards obtaining a birth certificate/SS number if he had not already done so.

This was back in the late 80s around the same time FLEK assumed the Becky Sue Turner identity. What makes this even more interesting is the man in question took his identify from a baby that died in california like FLEK.

From reading the article, it appears that back in those day Law Enforcement was not aware of the whole identify theft angle of using dead babies, they casually mentioned it as if it was a coincidence. James Hogue was probably on his way towards obtaining a birth certificate/SS number if he had not already done so.

For what it's worth, I remember when I was a kid (70s, 80s) reading about assuming a new identity by using the birth certificate of a deceased baby/child. It was definitely known, and was easily found info, for those with an interest in such things.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I could really use some help. The Becky Turner death certificate had two mistakes on it. One mistake was in the spelling of the name of Becky, as it was spelled Beckie. The second mistake was on the listing of the date of birth on the certificate as it was out by 3 days.
Here are my questions below.

1. Who makes up the death certificates?

2. Who provides the information to the person making up the death certificate?

3. How did the mistakes on the death certificate make it easier for a person to take over the identity of a
deceased person?

4. Could FLEK of her own resources have just picked this particular identity to take over, or was she helped?

5. What are the steps that the state of California would have gone through before issuing a birth certificate to an application, which in this case, was FLEK.

So anyone could comment on any question. I would appreciate that.

Hope this helps in answering your questions
Start with post #339 on the thread "Becky Sue Turner and related, there is a lengthy discussion about birth certificates and the errors on BST's birth certificate.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215592-Becky-Sue-Turner-and-related/page23

This is completely unrelated, but I was reading an article about a notorious con artist/burglar, and this caught my attention: http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/04/nyregion/tracing-a-devious-path-to-the-ivy-league.html
What's interesting is that he's not from CA, but seemed to be in the CA area when picking a CA dead baby's identity. In the preinternet days, I would imagine it would have been harder for FLEK to choose BST's identity if she wasn't local or related to/acquainted with the Turners. I guess if I could find archives, I would like to know how widely publicized BST's passing was. Was it in big newspapers, etc. How hard would it have been to come across BST's information in order to think it would be a good identity to steal? Just brainstorming...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member