Identified! Canada - Brandon, MB, LIVING woman & child, Aug'15 - Names withheld

What a strange case. I have no idea what this might be about. Everything I can think of would involve them being in danger if their identities are discovered.

I'm glad they're okay, whatever it was.

The woman, 30, and her daughter, 7, came to Brandon in August and police have been involved in an investigation for a little over a month.

Shortly after arriving in Brandon in the summer, the woman contacted a social agency. That agency then called police.

"They're definitely victims," said Sgt Kevin McLean, public information officer with the Brandon Police Service.

McLean said the victims have made some serious allegations that are "sensitive in nature," preventing police from disclosing much information.

He wouldn't say what those allegations were, only that without the public's help to identify the mother and daughter, investigators can't move forward with the case.

"They had absolutely no identification on them," said McLean. "It's very unusual. I've been doing this job for 26 years and nothing like this has really happened in Brandon, anyway."

Investigators believe the mother and daughter came to Brandon on their own. They're now trying to find out where they are from and where they've been. Police have been speaking with the two females but need more information to better determine the scope of their investigation.

http://police.brandon.ca/all-reports/3447-bradshaw-assistance

This report has a slightly better pictureof the two, plus the contact info if you happen to know them.

"If you have any information on the identity of these two individuals please contact the Brandon Police Service at (204)729-2345 or leave information at policeinfo@brandon.ca. You can also contact Brandon Crime Stoppers at 204-727-(TIPS) 8477, www.brandoncrimestoppers.com or by texting BCSTIP and your message to CRIMES (274637)."

Do you suppose this could be Heather Moggy? I keep hoping that she will show up sometime. She would be 30 now, and she certainly could be terribly traumatized. She could have a child. I'm not good with faces and can't tell if it could be her.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/moggy_heather.html

I wonder what was around her neck that they had to blur out of the photo. Seems weird to block out something identifying (why else would they blur it?) in a picture trying to identify someone! I hope someone recognizes them. But let me get this straight, didn't it say they went somewhere seeking help? Did they think that would be possible if they wouldn't identify themselves? That seems a little weird to me, but it could just be a mother trying to do whatever she thinks is necessary to protect her child.

eta: the blocked out thing looks like a lanyard or maybe a necklace. Maybe they are keeping it private to be something they could use to confirm their id if someone calls in, kind of like when police hold back something in a crime that only the perp would know so they can make sure they have the right person. But it might be something that could help ID them too, if they look different, but she always wore that, it might be the easiest thing to recognize.

I don't understand what it could be keeping her back from saying who she is. It could be anything really. I'm no doubt gonna be following along to find out.

Do you suppose this could be Heather Moggy? I keep hoping that she will show up sometime. She would be 30 now, and she certainly could be terribly traumatized. She could have a child. I'm not good with faces and can't tell if it could be her.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/moggy_heather.html

It says Heather's eyes are blue and this lady's eyes look dark but maybe? It also says Heather wears glasses but she isn't wearing them in the picture. What I noticed immediately is the black strap (or stripe) going diagonally from her shoulder towards her chest in Heather's picture and it's exactly where the blurring is on the unidentified lady's sweater.

I think that the article that says Heather's eyes were blue is incorrect. I think that she had hazel eyes, but I can try to find out. If she was held against her will since she was 15 years old, she might not have gone to the optometrist for years and she might not have a pair of glasses any longer. She could be defending the man with whom she ran away. He's wanted by the RCMP on a variety of offenses involving young women.

Well, who do they say that they are?

How strange.....they won't identify themselves for some reason and now the police have posted their pictures on the web.

They both look very happy in this picture,unless this was a photo that they had with them.

I thought the same thing about the pic!

I too wonder if they have completely refused to identify themselves, or if they just don't have the identification to prove who they are, or who they claim to be. You'd think if they really thought they were in danger and likely trying to hide they wouldn't splash their picture and therefore location out to everyone. Did they tell them, look, if you can't prove who you are we're going to post your picture and ask the public? I guess if they did do that and she still didn't cough it up then she maybe wasn't too worried about it. It's still an odd situation.

How strange.....they won't identify themselves for some reason and now the police have posted their pictures on the web.

That's what gets to me too! If they're too afraid to say who they are how is it okay to show them like that? to say, "Hey anyone, anywhere, we're in Manitoba. Come talk to us." It must be something else. But if it's not that they're afraid, what other reason could they have?

eta: the blocked out thing looks like a lanyard or maybe a necklace. Maybe they are keeping it private to be something they could use to confirm their id if someone calls in, kind of like when police hold back something in a crime that only the perp would know so they can make sure they have the right person. But it might be something that could help ID them too, if they look different, but she always wore that, it might be the easiest thing to recognize.

I wonder if the lanyard thingie might be a key, or a security ID picture that gets her into a women's crisis shelter.

'It's a very good possibility they've changed their appearance in some way.'
- Sgt. Kevin McLean

From CBC article

Hmmmm ....case is sensitive in nature,not sure if there are other victims.Could this be someone who was abducted,had a child .
Has this woman's family been threatened if she went to police,causing her not to ID herself?

That's what gets to me too! If they're too afraid to say who they are how is it okay to show them like that? to say, "Hey anyone, anywhere, we're in Manitoba. Come talk to us." It must be something else. But if it's not that they're afraid, what other reason could they have?

I was thinking the same thing? Hopefully they have started DNA test to see if they come up as anyone who is listed as missing. Particularly the little girl. I wish we could see the little girls eyes better (probably silly but I always think of Madeline McCann). We have so many little ones that go missing as babies and are never located. I always hold out hope they will be found.

'It's a very good possibility they've changed their appearance in some way.'
- Sgt. Kevin McLean

From CBC article

Hmmmm ....case is sensitive in nature,not sure if there are other victims.Could this be someone who was abducted,had a child .
Has this woman's family been threatened if she went to police,causing her not to ID herself?

Interesting. What if they have no ID, no way to prove who she is, and something bad happened to the person who victimized the two of them, and who could say who they were. They didn't do anything wrong and they're safe, but the police need to know who they are.

Wouldn't they at least know where they lived?

I think the blurred item possibly being an ID to where they are currently located is spot on.

What if LE is attempting to lure someone out of hiding? These two really do know who they are and its a ruse. Let's say the abductor (?) THINKS he won't be found out so will miraculously appear to "save" them only to be caught (for whatever he did). Just wild speculation on my part. MOO and all.

Perhaps the child was born "off the grid", and when the mother arrived at the shelter, she wasn't able to register her for school because she had no birth record. The mother may be using her married name, and no record of marriage exisits.

Is it possible she is from a weird cult group?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back