FBI wants to question man seen in Laguna Beach with teen girl 16/10/15

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/eimiller-687959-beach-fbi.html

nwcbsf-b88543041z.120151016181920000ga4cks3o.10.jpg

"LAGUNA BEACH – The FBI on Friday released photos of a man they want to question about a teenage girl seen with him panhandling in Laguna Beach because they believe she may be in danger.

The photos of the man, described as white and in his 50s or 60s, were taken in Laguna Beach on Sept. 28 or 29, according to FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller.

The man has short, graying hair, a receding hair line and last was seen with a trimmed salt-and-pepper beard. In the photos, the man wore a dark-colored T-shirt, blue jeans, white Nike high-top shoes and black prescription glasses.

The man has claimed to be from Hawaii and was seen begging for change with the teen, Eimiller said".

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/10/fbi_asking_oregon_residents_to.html
rbbm.
FBI asking Oregon residents to help them identify a man sought by authorities

"The last known sighting of the man was in Laguna Beach, Calif., in late September. Before that, the man was believed to have driven from Mississippi to California.

Agents said the man was last seen driving a car with stolen Alabama license plate 58DZ806 on the rear of the vehicle. The blue car was similar in make and model to a Mazda Protégé."

My first thought was Bernhard Haase who ran away with a 13 year old girl in Germany a couple of years ago but I guess he'd have found it hard to get to the USA as a wanted person.

"The unknown man be in the company of a white teen girl.

The girl was last seen with waist-length brown hair and wearing a brown T-shirt, blue jeans, and brown Nike tennis shoes.

The current whereabouts of the man are unknown. On September 28 and 29, the unknown man and the teen were seen in Laguna Beach.

On Sept. 12, they were seen at the Crossroads Shopping Center in Meridian, Mississippi.

The unknown male was possibly in Bessemer, Alabama on Sept. 11, making law enforcement think It is likely the

man and teen drove from Mississippi to California between September 12 and 28."

rbbm
http://patch.com/california/lajolla/hopes-finding-teen-fbi-releases-photos-man

Admittedly I'm not the most adept searcher, but I don't see any teen girls that have been reported missing from around that area recently. Obviously the FBI's objective is not for us to ID the teen, but I have to admit I'm curious. Teen Karye Evans is still missing from Bessemer I believe, but she's been missing since the end of March and to my untrained eye, she looks black or mixed race.

At the risk of stating the obvious, the image is very clear. If they're able to get the word out nationwide, I'm sure anyone that knows this man will be able to immediately recognize him!

ETA: Realized I didn't read as carefully as I thought I had. They think the pair drove from Mississippi to California, not from the Bessemer area. Sorry!

It looks like the girl is sitting beside him wearing some brown shoes, but I can't tell if they are Nike shoes. As clear as the picture is, they may already have a picture of the girl and clipped her out to protect her identity for this search.
His shoes look too clean for panhandling like he was poor. The purple laces that match the color on the shoes tell me that it may be a newer brand of Nike.

It looks like the girl is sitting beside him wearing some brown shoes, but I can't tell if they are Nike shoes. As clear as the picture is, they may already have a picture of the girl and clipped her out to protect her identity for this search.
His shoes look too clean for panhandling like he was poor. The purple laces that match the color on the shoes tell me that it may be a newer brand of Nike.

Good eye and attention to detail! I'm almost positive you're right about them cropping her out of this picture. The one brown shoe you can see is definitely a Nike. On the front of the shoe where the small piece of the sole folds up near the toes (does that even make sense?), there is a lighter piece that's the Nike symbol. Different color, but I have a pair of the same shoes/very similar ones.

Good eye and attention to detail! I'm almost positive you're right about them cropping her out of this picture. The one brown shoe you can see is definitely a Nike. On the front of the shoe where the small piece of the sole folds up near the toes (does that even make sense?), there is a lighter piece that's the Nike symbol. Different color, but I have a pair of the same shoes/very similar ones.

I see a swoosh on the side too.

And flowers.

Thanks.
How long have you had your shoes?
Does it look like it's her right shoe? Maybe she is sitting on her left shoe?
Could she be selling the flowers for money? Is that what they are calling panhandling?

Can we estimate his height by using the red brick in the seat wall?

Thanks.
How long have you had your shoes?
Does it look like it's her right shoe? Maybe she is sitting on her left shoe?
Could she be selling the flowers for money? Is that what they are calling panhandling?

*I've had my shoes for a few years, guessing about 2 (that's just an estimation on my part)
*I see what you're saying about how she's sitting, but I think we're seeing her left shoe
*I noticed the "flowers" too; not only because of the bright colors, but they also seemed a bit out of place considering the context of the situation/danger the FBI thinks she may be in. My first thought was that she was selling flowers for money. But, the people I've seen doing that have always been selling individual flowers (usually carnations or roses) and she seems to be holding a bouquet of sorts. Also, I could be totally off base but the flowers almost look fake to me, like those flowers you see made of tissue paper
*At first glance, the man seems relatively short to me. I'm going to spend a little time trying to come up with a height estimation using the bricks as a reference point and estimating the ratio of the lower leg:full height

Something is wrong with the guy's shoes, too. Were they stolen by him, or someone else? Or perhaps he's just really stupid. The shoes appear to be brand-new, but I can't imagine a less appropriate Nike product for someone of his age, etc.

"UPDATE - On Friday, the FBI issued an advisory seeking the public's assistance in identifying and locating a man who was driving a vehicle with a stolen plate and whom investigators believed may have information about the welfare of a child, according to witnesses who came forward to law enforcement.

As a result of the media coverage, the man has been identified and had recently been taken into police custody in another state in connection with the stolen plate. The immediate concerns related to the endangerment of the teenager have been addressed"

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/FBI-seeks-man-who-may-know-whereabouts-of--333446351.html
rbbm.

"UPDATE - On Friday, the FBI issued an advisory seeking the public's assistance in identifying and locating a man who was driving a vehicle with a stolen plate and whom investigators believed may have information about the welfare of a child, according to witnesses who came forward to law enforcement.

As a result of the media coverage, the man has been identified and had recently been taken into police custody in another state in connection with the stolen plate. The immediate concerns related to the endangerment of the teenager have been addressed"

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/FBI-seeks-man-who-may-know-whereabouts-of--333446351.html
rbbm.

Well, I guess that's it!
The public jumped on it, identification was made and subject is in custody. Case solved.
Give us another one to tackle.

The minor may have been a relative, i.e. daughter or granddaughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back