Lamar Odom fighting for life after overdosing at brothel

I wonder if that is the person who picked up Lamar's things at the brothel.

Lamar’s management fired the man on Oct. 13, the day Lamar was admitted to the hospital.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/10/27/lamar-odom-friend-hospital-intruder-drug-use-visitor/

The guy who picked LO's things up did it on the same day as the overdose, but after the police had been to the brothel. Later some other man came to the brothel to get the things but they had already been picked up.

Khloe spoke to People Magazine:

"All I knew was I had to get there," Kardashian said. "I had to get to him and make sure he was okay. I hate that he was in that situation. I wouldn't want anybody in that situation, especially someone I love and care about."

Despite calling off their divorce, Kardashian, 31, says she is not getting back together with 35-year-old Odom. Though she remains loyal to the vows she once took, Kardashian says, "There are too many other important things, too many medical things. It's not even in our brains thinking about us as a couple or having a relationship right now."

"The fact that he woke up was definitely a sigh of relief for everybody," she says. "Every hour is different. It goes up and it goes down but he's awake. He's alive and that's all I wanted, was for him to be okay." "There is a very long road ahead of [Lamar]," she says. "He has to walk that road by himself, and, most importantly, he has to want to walk that road. I will be there supporting him every step of the way."

http://www.people.com/article/khloe-kardashian-i-will-always-be-there-lamar-odom

So now she's not getting back with him bit turned his son away over the weekend? I wonder who fired the guy and where is Lamar's management team now.He might be Lamar's only friend left and he might have wanted to give him his phone. The divorce needs to proceed and she needs to step down.

My whole family tested to see if we were a match for my dad when he needed his kidney. We were told a living donor was best match. Out of about 35 people only my brother and I matched. My brother is 3 years younger than me and was a perfect match. I have health issues and was only about 75 percent match. My brother won. That was 8 years ago. Never a sign of rejection and his meds are minimal compared to if he used non family or cadaver match. I'm no doctor, just a grateful daughter. I doubt any of the Kardashians or Jenners will match. If Lamar had an adult child, this would be best. Dies hd have siblings? I don't think his dad is a candidate due to his own drug abuse. I guess we will see if he gets strong enough to go for it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Even if he had an adult child, doesn't mean that child is obligated to donate. How much has he been involved in raising his children? Donor has to be willing, and donating a kidney could be dangerous for the donor (some donors have died). And frankly with Lamar's alleged drug use, unless he stops, a kidney would be wasted, because it just would be damaged again.

Thanks to ALL who posted recent updates. I haven't been reading article links for the past many days because so doing violates my personal principle of not clicking on anything Kardashian-related (which is what this sad story had quickly become, from my POV).

Well wishes to Lamar for his recovery.

~jmo~

"The pneumonia was a huge setback, and now there's worry about permanent scarring of the lungs. His kidneys are still not functioning correctly, but he's nowhere near strong enough to even think of a transplant, so he's on dialysis."

Odom has suffered multiple strokes and is now "responsive, but very slow." "He can carry out simple directions, but it takes some time for him to do it. But that's way better than he was last week, so the family is taking the good news as they get it. He has wrecked his body, so it'll take time to figure out how well he can come back. But everyone knows that he'll never be the same as he was before this happened. There will always be lasting effects, and doctors are just trying to minimize them."

http://www.people.com/article/lamar-odom-kidneys-not-functioning-lungs-damaged

I don't know that there is a way to say this in a polite manner. From the time Lamar's OD was reported until just recently, Khloe has been at his bedside telling how in love they were and she was with him as long as he stayed off drugs. Heaven forbid, don't ask for the link. If you've been following along, you have read it too. ;).

With the bolded text above describing the true nature of his condition, what happened to Khloe? Did she realize that Lamar had really done a number on himself and never would be the same? Or, was Khloe playing the Kardashian game to get attention? And, should he die, as his wife, no will, she would get part of his money?

And to think I fell for her act - that she really cared for Lamar! :gaah:

I don't know that there is a way to say this in a polite manner. From the time Lamar's OD was reported until just recently, Khloe has been at his bedside telling how in love they were and she was with him as long as he stayed off drugs. Heaven forbid, don't ask for the link. If you've been following along, you have read it too. ;).

With the bolded text above describing the true nature of his condition, what happened to Khloe? Did she realize that Lamar had really done a number on himself and never would be the same? Or, was Khloe playing the Kardashian game to get attention? And, should he die, as his wife, no will, she would get part of his money?

And to think I fell for her act - that she really cared for Lamar! :gaah:
It isn't an act, imo. She does still love him and will always (like she has said all along). She cares for him and his well being. She is saying she isn't still "in love" and preparing on spending her life with him. I understand what she is doing and I applaud her for it. She hasn't done anything to draw attention to herself, imo. Just the opposite...she has done her best to shield him and herself from unwanted attention during this crisis.

If he died, she would have gotten what was coming to her in his will and with the rest she would have done the right thing, imo. I have found a new respect for Khloe K. through all of this. I believe she has handled the situation very well.

Hello, I agree with you on Khloe. While I don't care at all for the Kardashian family, I think Khloe set herself apart from the rest. She tried to diminish the attention to both Lamar and herself, while focusing on him getting well. I, as well, have a new respect for Khloe in the way she has handled this situation and herself, so far. Katt

Hello, I agree with you on Khloe. While I don't care at all for the Kardashian family, I think Khloe set herself apart from the rest. She tried to diminish the attention to both Lamar and herself, while focusing on him getting well. I, as well, have a new respect for Khloe in the way she has handled this situation and herself, so far. Katt
I am not a Kardashian fan either, but I do watch from time to time. Yes, I agree about Khloe setting herself apart from the rest. She is a smart girl. She has always seemed very loyal. It is refreshing to see she can put the past aside (including the recent past) to be there for him. Takes one hellova woman to do that, imo.

Lamar has made a shocking turnaround ... his kidney's have improved so much he'll be off 6 hours of daily dialysis and he won't need a kidney transplant.

Lamar's motor skills are impaired from the strokes, and he'll undergo increasingly rigorous therapy to regain function. He was moved from ICU to a physical therapy floor.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/30/lamar-odom-kidney-off-dialysis/#ixzz3q39okBzi

Lamar has made a shocking turnaround ... his kidney's have improved so much he'll be off 6 hours of daily dialysis and he won't need a kidney transplant.

Lamar's motor skills are impaired from the strokes, and he'll undergo increasingly rigorous therapy to regain function. He was moved from ICU to a physical therapy floor.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/30/lamar-odom-kidney-off-dialysis/#ixzz3q39okBzi

Must be a miracle.
Full fuctioning kidneys after renal failure and dialysis is not the norm. IMO.
I know some fuction may return, but, full function?? Doesn't sound right.

Would love to hear our medical peeps take on this. TIA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain
Back