IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
LT's personnel file is a good read. It sounds like over the years he had problems with sexual harassment, being late, calling in sick when not sick, grabbing women's breasts at PD Christmas parties, lots more. What I hadn't read about before was his problem with alcohol. Once he was found passed out in his truck with his foot on the gas and the truck still running. He'd been thrown out of bars for being drunk and belligerent. It goes on and on. It seems like he had more disciplinary problems than commendations.

There also seems to be some sketchy things alluded to with him giving himself admin privileges to highly confidential records and removing records/files/reports over the years.

"Melodie Gliniewicz has not filed for survivor's benefits, trustees said. If she were to do so, the board would then convene for a hearing to discuss her claims, according to a statement, and "it would be inappropriate at this time for either the Pension Board, its individual trustees, or its legal counsel to comment any further with respect to additional questions concerning this matter or with respect to Ms. Gliniewicz's continued eligibility or entitlement to a survivor's pension pursuant to the Illinois Pension Code."

Something to keep an eye on.

Here's the mega (yet inconclusive list) from pages 129-30..

attachment.php
attachment.php

Tells the story doesn't it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 3.47.53 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 3.47.53 pm.png
    200.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 3.48.16 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 3.48.16 pm.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 253
The people above him in the chain of command at the Fox Lake Police Department deserve some of the blame for defrauding the public about what a great guy CG was. Had he been fired years ago, as he should have been, there wouldn't have been the misguided outpouring of charitable support in questionable fundraisers that we have witnessed. Indirectly, those who refused to fire CG when he deserved it are responsible for conning a generous public.

I am 10 pages behind and just can't seem to get caught up tonight! My purpose for skipping over here was to say that this LT did not turn dirty cop just 7 years ago IMO! Then when I get over here, I see the posts of what looks like a career of being a cop always on shady grounds while maintaining his job.

Whew wow long interesting read yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See pages 129 and 130 of the personnel file. It seems that not everyone thought he was the bees knees.
Wow, that was some reading. What strikes me is the big difference in feedback on his behavior and actions from outside the department/village (mostly positive and praising) vs. from within the department and other village units (mostly critical and reprimanding).

The timing is flabbergasting too. Looks like he started at the department in 1986. His first reprimands were already in 1987 and continued in multiple directions for decades. And yet he remained with the department until the end.

And how does one's entire(?) personnel file get released freely to the media for wide pubic consumption?

Let me off this ride, cause I'm not sure how much more I can take.:scared:

It is never a good idea to have two family members of an organization as leaders and one is the treasurer!

Due to this fact, there is no doubt that Melodie knew Joe was "borrowing" money from the Explorers. It is also possible that at first, he had fed her a big fat lie as to what was happening. As time went by, she got suspicious, started asking questions, demanding answers. Joe, feeling more confident in his role and how smoothly it was working, eventually told her.

If she was innocent, it is my opinion, she would have already discussed this with the heads of the village before the presser. And, the presser would have had a different tone. She has a lawyer. We can speculate the heads have discussed this with she and her lawyer and did not spring this news to her at the presser. The news from here on out can only be downhill IMO.

"Took his family on vacation to Wisconsin in his squad car". LOL! I can picture them now, like a scene from one of the Vacation movies!

The Griswalds, flipping off motorists, siren on, camo-dressed speeding through Wisconsin..... police canine snarling out the window....littering the highway with Marlboro butts and MRE packaging...( and Mel's dunkin donuts bag ).... a bobblehead icon in the rear window... war surplus weapons in the trunk....etc. JMO

I still want to know if it's common practice to have law enforcement people present for an autopsy and why? What is that about?

“Three of George Filenko’s task force members were at the autopsy,” he said. “He knows what we found.”

It is quite possible the coroner (or whoever did the autopsy) wanted them there. If things looked strange he could have called them in as backup witnesses so no one could say it "it was just his word" or blame him for any unpleasant findings.

Sources: Gliniewicz family orchestrated sham marriage to boost son’s military benefits

According to sources, Gliniewicz, who was married, had an affair with a woman. He later arranged to have that woman marry his son, D.J. Gliniewicz, who is in the army in order to boost the military benefits for D.J., since being married could add up to thousands more per year.

WGN Investigates learned that marriage did not last long between D.J. and a woman named Kathryn Grams. The marriage was dissolved just after Christmas, 2014.

Sources say the question now is whether D.J. could face court martial as information about the sham army marriage comes to light.
http://wgntv.com/2015/11/05/sources...ame-marriage-to-boost-sons-military-benefits/

Once again mama bear Gliniewicz and son were knee deep in everything.

Do these people simply not have any boundaries at all ??

Where does this never ending greed stem from ?

If you look up "abuse of power" in the encyclopedia, expect to see a family portrait of the Gliniewicz family.

Like I said yesterday afternoon, a story that just keeps on givin'..............

Sources: Gliniewicz family orchestrated sham marriage to boost son’s military benefits

http://wgntv.com/2015/11/05/sources...ame-marriage-to-boost-sons-military-benefits/

If you look up "abuse of power" in the encyclopedia, expect to see a family portrait of the Gliniewicz family.

Like I said yesterday afternoon, a story that just keeps on givin'..............

bbm It's my opinion that they saw it as paying themselves for the volunteer work they were performing. My husband & I cringe when some people in certain jobs like his, (joe's) and call themselves public servants like they are doing us a favor and all their doing is their job which they are paid to do. jmo

bbm It's my opinion that they saw it as paying themselves for the volunteer work they were performing. My husband & I cringe when some people in certain jobs like his, (joe's) and call themselves public servants like they are doing us a favor and all their doing is their job which they are paid to do. jmo

Yeah............."To Protect and Serve"

They protect each other and serve themselves.

Gliniewicz should have had a DUI on his record, but he doesn't. His fellow officers simply drove him home after they found him passed out on the side of the highway, drunk as a skunk.

Any one of us unwashed citizens would have spent the night in the drunk tank.

I'll bet there was a whole lot of people working at that police department who were looking forward to his retirement. I can't help but wonder now if he was being forced out.

Yeah............."To Protect and Serve"

They protect each other and serve themselves.

Gliniewicz should have had a DUI on his record, but he doesn't. His fellow officers simply drove him home after they found him passed out on the side of the highway, drunk as a skunk.

Any one of us unwashed citizens would have spent the night in the drunk tank.

I'll bet there was a whole lot of people working at that police department who were looking forward to his retirement. I can't help but wonder now if he was being forced out.

Sad but true, and after working at multiple jobs in numerous positions I have found that there always seem to be a bad apple in the bunch, not as bad as joe but rotten in one way or another. jmo idk

I remember some of the stories my dad (le 32 yrs) told about some coworkers over the years he was there and some were eye opening to say the least. When he found out that I was working with a son of a coworker of his, after asking more to verify it was the same person he said well if his father is still the same he is a big cheat and likes them young. jmo idk

Lol, how did you miss the discussion on this from last night? Page 59.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...commited-suicide-Fox-Lake-1-Sep-2015-6/page59

I remember some of the stories my dad (le 32 yrs) told about some coworkers over the years he was there and some were eye opening to say the least. When he found out that I was working with a son of a coworker of his, after asking more to verify it was the same person he said well if his father is still the same he is a big cheat and likes them young. jmo idk

This bad apple had to have at least one protector that was equally guilty. I am sure this has been discussed (the thread moves to fast for me to read all posts) but Chief B sure sounds mighty suspicious!

Someone with a psychology background needs to write a book about the pathology of this family.

How did both the husband and wife come to be what they are? What were their childhoods like?
This could be a serious study of how some people with criminal minds manage to fool so many people. What causes them to have such a great sense of entitlement and self-centeredness. Of course the parents and other family members would probably not help in any real way. Those who may have contributed to the problem would never realize that they may have been the cause.

I think the reason I'm interested in crime is the "why" and "how". I mean why and how to peoples minds get twisted, or when do they make a conscious decision to commit crime.

^^^THIS^^^

I am fascinated by the why's and how's and trying to figure how things came to be.
You're right, this SHOULD be a case study for years to come!

Sheesh.

Each morning I log on here to read what I've missed...and unfortunately, it's not boring! Boring would be good, really. We now can say, "what else?" and know that there probably WILL be more that we could not have imagined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member