IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different person! His ex daughter-in-law (etc) is in her late 40s or early 50s and lives in FLA now, fwiw.

The woman who was married to twentysomething DJ? Quite an age difference. I wonder if she got anything out of the deal!

See pages 129 and 130 of the personnel file. It seems that not everyone thought he was the bees knees.

For other's reading- the pages are not in complete chronological order, and in fact all of the positive pages are up front. Dig into the middle though, and *wow*. around 3/24/2004 there's some crazy stuff with threatening to shoot a dispatcher and hide her(?) body. Not to mention he was found drunk and passed out in his truck with his foot on the gas by officers in the late 90s and that it wasn't the first time. No drunk driving charges there, just a slap on the wrist with a letter in his file. Must be some of that police discretion or professional courtesy I hear so much about.

Ok, back to keep reading.

There is no doubt in my mind that this will end up being a movie, whether on tv or in the movies. How a small town cop fooled the nation. Thinking out loud who would play the leads. Maybe Jason Stratham as Joe. Melissa McCarthy as Mel? Not sure who would play the trio of 2 white one black males.

Please be fair. He didn't fool everybody.

For other's reading- the pages are not in complete chronological order, and in fact all of the positive pages are up front. Dig into the middle though, and *wow*. around 3/24/2004 there's some crazy stuff with threatening to shoot a dispatcher and hide her(?) body. Not to mention he was found drunk and passed out in his truck with his foot on the gas by officers in the late 90s and that it wasn't the first time. No drunk driving charges there, just a slap on the wrist with a letter in his file. Must be some of that police discretion or professional courtesy I hear so much about.

Ok, back to keep reading.

I can't believe he was not fired, long ago.

Oh yes, I've finished now.
And there seems to be a lot of missing pages- nothing about the 30 day suspension and investigation of sexual harassment, but I urge everyone to, at the very least, read *the last four pages of the file* dated 2/1/09 which is a letter from fellow officers outlining the many terrible things the Bad LT has done over the years and demanding action be taken.

WOW!!!!

:O so who were all these people who testified to his greatness and where the hell did the media find them?

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 11.21.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-05 at 11.21.23 PM.png

Page 67 threw a sickie .. (called in sick when he was well) lies about looking for a wallet .. beginning of the slide?

Read on .. seems like all the good reports were at the front of the document.

I can't believe he was not fired, long ago.

I mean, it's almost farcical. The number of violations, suspensions, reprimands he received is staggering. And for such a wide range of issues. With the drunk driving incident mentioned above -- he fraudulently reported his truck as being stolen (p 103).

He shouldn't only have been fired -- he should have been prosecuted for many of the things he did. If any of us had done all of those things, we'd be behind bars -- and it could well be someone like CG who puts us there.

Perhaps if he hadn't been shielded from consequences for being a police officer, his transgressions wouldn't have kept increasing to the the extent that he did. But because he was part of the heroic brotherhood, all of these things result only in inconsequential memos in a personal file.

I mean, it's almost farcical. The number of violations, suspensions, reprimands he received is staggering. And for such a wide range of issues. With the drunk driving incident mentioned above -- he fraudulently reported his truck as being stolen (p 103).

He shouldn't only have been fired -- he should have been prosecuted for many of the things he did. If any of us had done all of those things, we'd be behind bars -- and it could well be someone like CG who puts us there.

Perhaps if he hadn't been shielded from consequences for being a police officer, his transgressions wouldn't have kept increasing to the the extent that he did. But because he was part of the heroic brotherhood, all of these things result only in inconsequential memos in a personal file.

Could not have said it better.

Oh yes, I've finished now.
And there seems to be a lot of missing pages- nothing about the 30 day suspension and investigation of sexual harassment, but I urge everyone to, at the very least, read *the last four pages of the file* dated 2/1/09 which is a letter from fellow officers outlining the many terrible things the Bad LT has done over the years and demanding action be taken.

WOW!!!!

:O so who were all these people who testified to his greatness and where the hell did the media find them?

View attachment 83938View attachment 83939

"Took his family on vacation to Wisconsin in his squad car". LOL! I can picture them now, like a scene from one of the Vacation movies!

Page 129 in the file was shown on the local news. Good reading.

OMG! And I was kindof joking about him getting tattoo with stolen funds! Turns out he used a donated gift certificate and got one while ON DUTY!

LOL

OMG! And I was kindof joking about him getting tattoo with stolen funds! Turns out he used a donated gift certificate and got one while ON DUTY!

LOL
I laughed out loud when I read that because of your earlier comment.

I have to say, I have respect for his fellow officers who came forward with their complaint. Obviously having him on the force created a toxic work environment for them and made doing their jobs much harder. It's sickening that nothing happened with it though, even with some officers banding together, and "GI Joe" stayed on the force. I wonder if they ever went to the media or felt pressured not to?

This is what people mean when they say there are structural problems within our police departments nationwide which need to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74