KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clarify my earlier comment about meth--I did not, if I did, mean to imply that meth causes this kind of behavior. It's typically just like any other drug in that it exacerbates--not causes--issues. This guy would not have raped and murdered a child if he didn't already have those tendencies. I would speculate that he has molested other children, but the substance abuse pushed him from molester to rapist and murderer. And that will probably all come out in the wash.

Yup. :)

I'm wondering if it's Oxys. That stuff is rampant in KY.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/crime/article24616228.html

http://theweek.com/articles/541564/how-american-opiate-epidemic-started-by-pharmaceutical-company

I'm trying to think of something worse that could happen to a child, parent, or sibling. This has got to be THE WORST thing that could EVER happen to a family.

Does that mean he wasn't there when they found Gabriella and also wasn't there during the lockdown? If not, where was he?

As other said, I also suspect he left quickly after committing these crimes. Probably needed to head home to change. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back after changing his clothes. His son was probably still playing the game during that time.

Co-signed. Not to mention the misinformation/opinion freely given out as fact that a simple Google search could disprove. It's frustrating and the main reason I'm rarely ever here.

Are you talking about HERE, at websleuths??

Wasn't he there with his son? I'm wondering did he take off and leave his son behind? Grabbed him quick and left? Nobody noticed if he was wet or muddy?

He said he was with his daughter which is on the same cheer squad as gabby as well. While looking and watching his sons game but goes to the side end of bleachers to smoke cigarette in which he encounters gabby a short time later.

But were the kids back at home as well when the police knocked on his door.

Was he there to gather his sons equipment after the game.

So was he leaving as police were arriving.

Your daughter cheerleader mate has just gone missing and you just seen her but don't stick around for the cops. Idk.

Opiate pain meds and meth go hand in hand for a lot of people. Opiates make a lot of people sleepy and drunkish, but in others, they have speed-like effects. The people who get speedy feelings from pain meds often switch back and forth or go from one to the other. So you're definitely on to something there. In my experience, people on pain meds don't do the kind of insane things people on meth do, simply because it's not as intense and doesn't typically cause long-term sleep deprivation. So I would still guess meth is the main culprit.

EDIT: This is a reply to Pasithea ("wondering if it's oxys"). I hit the wrong button!

I have finally caught up.
I don't know. I don't think he did it. It just doesn't fit. Maybe it's just me. I don't see him good for it. Hmmmm
The reason he took pics is because his ex wife was not there and he was sending the pics to her. It's in the interview.
I'm gonna wait it out. Something tells me there's a whole lot to this case that isn't known. Again maybe it's my hard head that doesn't get it.

**INTERVIEW BEGINS**

MIEURE:*I’ll go ahead and have you say and spell your name – first and last.

MADDEN:*Timothy Madden. T-I-M-O-T-H-Y. M-A-D-D-E-N.

MIEURE:*Okay, Timothy. What do you have to say about the charges you’re facing?

MADDEN:*It’s all bogus. I’m a very innocent man. They can ask anybody that knows me

MIEURE:*Why did they connect you to this murder?

MADDEN:*Small-town gossip. They said I fit the suspect.

MIEURE:*Do you know what that was?

MADDEN:*Six foot tall. Brown coat. Long beard. Pretty much that’s all I knew about it. But then I knew they found the little girl’s body later on that night and then locked the ballgame down.

MIEURE:*Do you know the Doolin family?

MADDEN:*Yes. I know I went to school with him.

MIEURE:*You went to school with her dad?

MADDEN:*With her daddy, yes.

MIEURE:*Okay. How well did you know them? Are you a family friend?

MADDEN:*Yeah. I mean, yeah, I was friends with him all through school. And then we ran around together there after school for a while. And then my little daughter, she plays cheerleading with her – with the little girl.

MIEURE:*If you’re innocent, why would someone accuse you of this?

MADDEN:*I have no idea. I have no idea.

MIEURE:*You’re from Scottsville?

MADDEN:*Yes.

MIEURE:*Okay. Were you at the game that night?

MADDEN:*Yup. I was at the game. My son was playing football, and my little daughter was there with us too.

MIEURE:*Hm. So now what? I mean, you’re in jail—

MADDEN:*I’m in jail, yeah, but I still am innocent. So we’ll figure a way out of it.

MIEURE:*How are you going to do that?

MADDEN:*I’ll have a lawyer, I reckon, the only way. Because I have nothing to hide. I’ve cooperated every way that they wanted me to cooperate.

MIEURE:*Hm. What types of rumors were going around that—

MADDEN:*Oh, it’s all over Topix. And then when I do get out of here, I will sue KSP and everybody else that’s slandering my name.

MIEURE:*Do you have any bad blood with the Doolin family?

MADDEN:*No. Not at all.

MIEURE:*What’s your relationship like with her dad?

MADDEN:*Good.

MIEURE:*Have you talked to him at all today?

MADDEN:*Nope.

MIEURE:*What do you want to say to them?

MADDEN:*I’m sorry for your loss. I feel sorry for them, but it wasn’t me.

MIEURE:*What do you want to say to the public?

MADDEN:*Well, if they find the right person, I will come out and I will, like I said, sue everybody that’s slandering my name and put me where I am at today. Because I am innocent – [INAUDIBLE] know I am. And everybody knows me, knows I am.

MIEURE:*Tell me -- walk me through the day today, from – I mean, they arrested you around 11:30 this morning. Did they just show up at your house—

MADDEN:*I have no idea. I don’t [INAUDIBLE] time it was. But I seen ‘em driving up and down the road, and I seen this truck driving up and down the road. And it kept circling in the driveway, backing out, going up and down the road, and we’s up at my father-in-law’s house. And then he…and I told him, I said, ‘There’s that truck still up there at the end of the road.’ So he went up there to talk to them and he just waited up there and waited up there, so I figured I would go up there and see what was going on, so I walked up there and got about halfway up there, and they got out of the truck and came down there and said I had a warrant for my arrest.

MIEURE:*How did they get a warrant signed in the first place?

MADDEN:*They say they got evidence, but…

MIEURE:*What type of evidence do they have against you?

MADDEN:*I don’t know. I don’t know. I’ve not seen it.

MIEURE:*Did they tell you?

MADDEN:*[NODS NO]

MIEURE:*Had they questioned you at all before your arrest?

MADDEN:*Oh yeah, several times. Interrogated me, like three or four times. Polygraph. I give ‘em my clothes that night. I think – yeah, they did mention I had blood on my clothes or something, but because I rubbed against a fence – like I said, rubbed against a trash can. That’s the only thing*I know where I’d get blood from, but it wasn’t me.

MIEURE:*Is there any DNA evidence that they’ve—

MADDEN:*No.

MIEURE:*Did they said if—

MADDEN:*I don’t -- If it is, it ain’t mine, you know, so—

MIEURE:*Okay.

MADDEN:*So maybe it will work out, because I’m an innocent man. I shouldn’t be here.

MIEURE:*What’s your family thinking right now?

MADDEN:*Oh, I have no idea. I’ve not seen then since they put me in the car. I’m sure they’re terrified and upset.

MIEURE:*Okay. Anything else you want to say to anyone?

MADDEN:*Nope. Just tell my kids I love them. Daddy will be alright.

MIEURE:*So you have kids about the same age as the Doolin kids?

MADDEN:*Well, I’ve got – one of them is. I’ve got, scattered out from 20 years old to…he’ll be a four-month-old the 25th.

MIEURE:*How are you going to claim your evidence besides…I mean, if you were there that night, is there anyone that will—

MADDEN:*Oh yeah, there were several people there. I’ve got all kinds of people to verify that I was there, you know, and seen me. I even took pictures on my phone to prove I was there, you know, to send to my ex-wife because she wasn’t there, and she wanted to see Blake playing football. So, I mean, I’ve got – I believe I’ll be okay.

MIEURE:*Did they ask you questions about, like, you know, ‘Were you in the bleachers when Gabbi went missing?’ and things like that?

MADDEN:*Oh yeah. Several times.

MIEURE:*And what’s your – what are you claiming?

MADDEN:*Last time I seen her, I was we was – I was – sitting on the side of the [INAUDIBLE], like I always, watching the…smoking a cigarette. And she walked by. And the other two girls came acro – through there first…I don’t know…a minute before. And then she came over there looking around, and I said, ‘Well, they want that way.’ And that was the last time I saw her.

MIEURE:*And people were searching at that point?

MADDEN:*No. [INAUDIBLE] And then nobody started searching for – I don’t know – 30 or 45 minutes, I guess.

MIEURE:*So you saw her go by, back toward –

MADDEN:*Well, she came in front of the bleachers to the back of the bleachers. [LONG PAUSE, AS MICROPHONE IS ADJUSTED.] And that’s all I know.

MIEURE:*Okay. I guess, just, if you want to summarize: Why are you so confident that you’re innocent?

MADDEN:*Because I know I am. I’ve done nothing wrong.

MIEURE:*And you’re confident police won’t find any DNA evidence against you?

MIEURE:*Who do you think did it?

MADDEN:*I have no clue.

MIEURE:*What do you want to say to that person?

MADDEN:*[LAUGHS.] Bad individual out there.

MIEURE:*I mean, if someone came—

MADDEN:*He’s crazy.

MIEURE:*--if someone came forward, that could mean your freedom.

MADDEN:*Right.

MIEURE:*Do you have anything you want to say to them?

MADDEN:*Well, they need to. Because I know it wasn’t me. And my family knows it ain’t me. And everybody in Scottsville knows it me. If they know me, anyway, you know.

MIEURE:*Why are people pointing fingers?

MADDEN:*I have no idea. I guess ‘cause KSP started the rumors…

MIEURE:*Okay, anything—

MADDEN:*Because when they showed up at the house, they brought the news cameras with them, so [INAUDIBLE] that’s how it all started.

MIEURE:*Huh.

MADDEN:*But I ain’t got nothing else to say.

MIEURE:*Okay. Alright. Thank you.

PHOTOJOURNALIST JEFF GORDON:*Have you been arrested before?

MADDEN:*Years ago.

GORDON:*On what?

MADDEN:*Cold checks. Traffic tickets.

MIEURE:*Just misdemeanors?

MADDEN:*Yes.

GORDON:*Are you a sex offender?

MIEURE:*Thanks for your time. We appreciate it.

**INTERVIEW ENDS**

Warning, graphic question re the rape. (How do I do the spoiler thing again? Tia.)

Is sodomy specifically a common act during child rapes and murders? I haaaate to bring this up, and deleted it and rewrote it a million times, but from the investigative standpoint of trying to isolate certain things when attempting to isolate a predator, what certain acts can tell us...The other night I was thinking about this, before TM's arrest, what speciiiiiiific acts a child rapist and killer performs on his victims, how those vary by the perp, and what those potentially tell us about the predator. (How's that for wonderful thoughts to go to sleep to.)

I want so badly for any of us here who have certain gifts and talents and experience just from being here to somehow help the next kid. I know there LE professionals who are physically out there working their hearts out, God Bless them...but I want what I do, what we all do, to really count in the big scheme of things, otherwise this is just a waste of my time jmo. To all of those who try to make a difference, hugs because sometimes it's all unbearable.

Is sodomy always specifically listed in charges, or sometimes, in past cases, has that ever just been included under the general tent of rape, ugh this makes me so sick.

I have finally caught up.
I don't know. I don't think he did it. It just doesn't fit. Maybe it's just me. I don't see him good for it. Hmmmm
The reason he took pics is because his ex wife was not there and he was sending the pics to her. It's in the interview.
I'm gonna wait it out. Something tells me there's a whole lot to this case that isn't known. Again maybe it's my hard head that doesn't get it.

It was stated that his dna was found on places where it shouldn't be. Basically it was discovered On gabby during the autopsy.

So I'm not sure what else you need at this present time. He clearly stated she wasn't mentioned missing to about 45 minutes later after him seeing her alone and going behind the bleachers. But he didn't stick around for the police. Because he knew they were going to head to his home so he made sure he got their first. Jmo

Btw. His daughter's face in that interview seems to know that dad could be guilty. Jmo

Warning, graphic question re the rape. How do I do the spoiler thing again?

Is sodomy specifically a common act during child rapes and murders? I haaaate to bring this up, and deleted it and rewrote it a million times, but from the investigative standpoint of trying to isolate certain things when attempting to isolate a predator, what certain acts can tell us...The other night I was thinking about this, before TM's arrest, what speciiiiiiific acts a child rapist and killer performs on his victims, how those vary by the perp, and what those potentially tell us about the predator. (How's that for wonderful thoughts to go to sleep to.)

You know, I started to Google that, but with everything I've Googled about this in the last 24 hours, I'm afraid I might wind up on some sort of watch list! Gah. Interesting point, though, and one I've never thought about.

(I've noticed a lot of WS Veterans in this thread, long timers.)

Are you talking about HERE, at websleuths??

Yes. But about certain subjects that usually pop up in ALL cases, like motivations for a crime, drugs, etc. And the sources cited are usually propaganda sites known for their scare tactics. Which is odd when there are so many impartial studies that can be referenced.

I'm so glad this if off the streets. That is something huge to be grateful for in this horrific situation. When they're still out there...

There ARE more out there I'm afraid, roaming freely among us, breathing the same air we breathe, eyeing our children.

Opiate pain meds and meth go hand in hand for a lot of people. Opiates make a lot of people sleepy and drunkish, but in others, they have speed-like effects. The people who get speedy feelings from pain meds often switch back and forth or go from one to the other. So you're definitely on to something there. In my experience, people on pain meds don't do the kind of insane things people on meth do, simply because it's not as intense and doesn't typically cause long-term sleep deprivation. So I would still guess meth is the main culprit.

EDIT: This is a reply to Pasithea ("wondering if it's oxys"). I hit the wrong button!

I will have to say that our experiences are quite different then, as dealing with the heroin/codone junkies in Seattle have shown me that they get really agitated & violent when faced with not being able to get their next fix. And they do some messed up stuff when using.

But yes, it could be meth - I'm not discounting that. I just wanted others to know that that's *not* the only thing it could be. :)

Warning, graphic question re the rape. (How do I do the spoiler thing again? Tia.)

I want so badly for any of us here who have certain gifts and talents and experience just from being here to somehow help the next kid. I know there LE professionals who are physically out there working their hearts out, God Bless them...but I want what I do, what we all do, to really count in the big scheme of things, otherwise this is just a waste of my time jmo. To all of those who try to make a difference, hugs because sometimes it's all unbearable.

Is sodomy always specifically listed in charges, or sometimes, in past cases, has that ever just been included under the general tent of rape, ugh this makes me so sick.

I believe that sodomy, in addition to the forcible act of deviancy, also refers to the lack of ability to consent because of age (under 16 or whatever it is or mentally or physically incapacitated) so I assume it will be a charge in child rapes. I think I will do some good of fashioned book research instead of googling this one....do not want it in my history...

Omg I had the same two exact thoughts!! And let's hall a spade a spade he didn't just molest her he anally and vaginally raped her "allegedly". And to say all this with the poor daughter sitting right there? Are these people dumb as a box of rocks? Do they not know what Dna is? Some guy is commenting on the articles saying they need to check other male relatives . Um no unless he has an identical twin...derp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all of us gf. ;)

So what else has this monster done. Probably abused his own wife and kids obviously, and probably poor animals too, anyone got a timeline and location list on him yet?

I wanted to mention that the oxycodone that people take for chronic pain is not taken orally (by mouth) when it is abused it is generally shot up with a needle.I think it intensifies the high.I did not know this,I thought it was orally,which I have taken and it was no big deal.

I would hope the interviewer talking to the wife and the wife's father, would have suggested that the young girl not sit there for the interview, because that was awful. The wife looks different from the facebook as well. I realize she has been ill. If my husband or family member was charged with something this atrocious, my mouth would be shut and I would be hiding along with my kids.

I wondered if the wife was being treated with steroids for her illness..She does kind of have that weight gain. I want to feel so sorry for her, but that is slipping away as I watch her support him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member