France - Explosions and shooting in Paris, 13 November 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good advice, imo.
http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/11/2...-with-refugees-distracts-from-the-real-issues

"People hand-wringing over ISIS operatives sneaking into Canada along with legit refugees are looking for terror in all the wrong places.

So says Calgary’s top cop Chief Roger Chaffin.

“I think the refugees are unfairly targeted for being ISIS,” says Chaffin.

“The real risk is not embedded ISIS fighters. The real risk is once they get here and what starts to happen to them.

“When they get here, it raises lots of questions for their safety and for public safety in general.

“Are there already ISIS ideologues in the community who will either friend or foe them? Are there challenges around organized crime?

“We have to make sure the support mechanisms for them are in place. It’s nice to say we’re going to do all these things for them. It’s important we say that. But it’s important we sustain that.”

Chaffin says it’s “unlikely” an ISIS fighter would go into a refugee camp and then go through a vetting process when one of their number armed with a European passport could come here on a plane without screening.

Chaffin is more concerned about the “small community” of people already here and attracted to ISIS, individuals who’ve never been to Syria, “sitting quietly in a basement someplace.”
rbbm.

ISIS Gets Big Threat...

The son of a New York mob boss gave ISIS a warning, stating if they plan to make any strikes on the Big Apple, they will have to contend with the Mafia.

Giovanni Gambino, son of Francesco Gambino, who was a key figure in the mob, says the Mafia is in even a better position than law enforcement to protect the streets of New York against the Islamic State.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/wo...from-a-very-surprising-source-located-in-nyc/

Oh Vey! I thought the article about Canada taking gay male refugees was "unusual", now this. Just when you think things can't get any worse - they do. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I must make of list of this stuff for posterity. If I don't, know one is gonna believe it.

Oh Vey! I thought the article about Canada taking gay male refugees was "unusual", now this. Just when you think things can't get any worse - they do. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I must make of list of this stuff for posterity. If I don't, know one is gonna believe it.

Yeah. This one was definitely a "WHATTTTT?" moment for me.

Lol!!
Wondering when the Mexican drug lords are going to offer to help us get a head of the isis situation. ( yes, sorry i went there)
imo.

IN 2008 DUTCH JOURNALIST ARTHUR VAN AMERONGEN PUBLISHED HIS BOOK 'BRUSSELS : EURABIA' ABOUT MOLENBEEK. PREDICTED SUICIDE ATTACKS

"After Paris, London, Madrid, Brussels, Copenhagen it will be the Netherlands' turn. Because in Amsterdam-West the same people live as in Molenbeek."

VOLKSKRANT, NieuwsBreak
http://www.volkskrant.nl/opinie/art...hash=90d104404a8e8c587224ac14af04e4cf2be5a017

NieuwsBreak. The Netherlands has so far been spared, says writer, Arabist and Volkskrant columnist Arthur van Amerongen today in the NieuwsBreak.

In 2008 you wrote in your book 'Brussels: Eurabia':" Brussels is a time bomb, there will certainly be a suicide attack. You have been vindicated. How did you know that for sure at the time already?

"I graduated in that subject. My specialty is Salafism and Jihadism. In Molenbeek I saw before my eyes how the criminal Moroccans were becoming Salafist. People did not want to see it then while to me it was all in plain sight, for all to see. Incidentally, I was not the first who wrote about it. Wim van Rooy wrote it too. But our kind of voice was swept under the carpet in Belgium."

Why did you go to live in a place like Molenbeek in 2008?

"I read a news item about a Belgian woman who had committed an attack in Iraq, the first Western terrorist: Muriel Degauque. She lived in Molenbeek. That was my the literary starting point, in the end it has turned out to be a very strange book, very different from what I had in mind, because at first I wanted to make a more anthropological-sociological book."

You write today in your Volkskrant Column. "Politically correct Belgistan found my findings outrageous and nonsense too." Is Belgium that politically correct?

"Belgians are broekenpoepers [literally: pant-shitters, chickens]. Leftish Belgians are afraid that if they say something negative about Islam, they will immediately be labelled as Vlaams Belang [right wing]. They would rather promote Islam than being put in the far right corner. These are old Marxists who believe that society can be made, engineered, but of course that idea conflicts with Islam."

Bart Eeckhout, commentator of De Morgen and living in Molenbeek said in an interview that the last five years Molenbeek has in fact improved. Is that nonsense, he lives there, after all?

"He's one of the worst. Then you have Koen Vidal and David Van Reybrouck. Those are the types who while their head is being chopped off, still insist that Islam is love. Where that came from, I do not know, but I do not believe that Islam is love. Things have not improved in Molenbeek, I was there this spring for "Brussels Eurabia part two ', and it's just gotten worse. But someone who lives there, must obviously be fed up like crazy because you can never sell your house in Molenbeek. It is misery, nobody works, you can not buy alcohol, women have to walk in burka. If you are a woman wearing a skirt, you barely escape having hydrochloric acid thrown thrown into your face. Not quite yet. Molenbeek is spooky, with all these narrow streets. Those Belgians who promote Molenbeek are simply lying."

You said in an interview that after the publication of Brussels: Eurabia you were also ousted in the Netherlands. "I got a Berufsverbot, a professional ban"

"Yeah, I worked for various left-wing magazines but after that they gave no more assignments. Even though I had previously won the Prize of the Newspaper Journalism. They found me, I believe, somehow irritating after that book. Previously I had the reputation of an alcohol and drug user, and was not taken seriously. I was a kind of court jester."

And now you have been labeled as a prophet.

"It is not an official title, I think, otherwise I would use it. It is above all a laughing matter. I find it funny to see those liberal Belgians going flat down on in their mouths."

Martin Sommer wrote this weekend about The Netherlands and the potential terror threat that he had the impression "of a country that is very smug about itself."

"Yes, at the expense of Belgium we pretend that we have it all so well organized. That's not entirely true. Some of those terrorists were every week in Amsterdam. The only difference is that you can control the situation in Amsterdam better, it's more orderly there. And you do not have the French-speaking Syrians and Lebanese, but the rest are all the same families who come originally from the Rif Mountains, they are now living in the Netherlands and Belgium. Everybody knows everybody. The Netherlands has been spared so far. Perhaps this year something happens. After Paris, London, Madrid, Brussels, Copenhagen is will be the Netherlands' turn. Because in Amsterdam-West you have the same people as in Molenbeek.

You now live in Portugal, what's it like there?

"There have been a lot of raids, and six Portuguese jihadists have been killed in Syria, one of whom has a Dutch mother. These are radicalized converts, white junkies, addicted criminals who love to go shooting in Syria in the name of the prophet. There are in Portugal, unlike in Spain, almost no Moroccans."

Let's go back to Brussels. Doesn't the lock-down simply reinforce the fear?

"Belgians are the most frightened people of Europe. Now they have gone completely around the bend. Cafes are closed, schools are closed, the subway does not run. They're in a psychosis of fear. While they should have acted earlier. They need to break up Molenbeek, comb it out completely. But they do not do that. They'll be overly paranoid for a whille but in a few days everything it will be business as usual. They now claim that they will combat Salafism but I do not believe it. They are a a fearful bunch. I find the Dutch not so brave either, but I think the Belgians are even less brave. "

How do the jihadists need to be dealt with in your opinion?

"Put on ankle monitors, take away passports, freeze benefits, and send them to an education camp. Never ever reward the returned foreign rebel fighters in the Syrian Civil War. All Moroccans have been pampered enough by an army of social workers. Every approach has failed, from the district father to the psychologist, nothing has worked. You must crack them down. They are tough guys, trained terrorists. The worst among them need to be sent to an education camp like [former Dutch PM] Lubbers proposed thirty years ago. Let them dig the earth in [the province of] Drenthe."

Is also often said, give them education and a job.

"Those are the old leftist theories about the proletariat. But it is the message of Islam itself that is causing this, it has nothing to do with external factors. The people who were behind 9/11 were all educated guys. The bombers in London were doctors. It is a misconception that all terrorists are paupers. The old adage 'give them a job and a missus, and they'll settle down, like it works with Dutch criminals, does not apply to them. They laugh at the Dutch government. They do not recognize the Dutch state at all, except for the benefits than that they love to collect.

What made you decide to study Arabic?

"It looked like a good trade to me. At that time, in 1985 I wanted to become a journalist. I succeeded. I have been a correspondent in Jerusalem and Beirut. Now it seems like a smart move but I want to move on I have been writing about Islam for thirty years. I'm done with it, I want to write about something fun every now and then. It is a sad topic. I would rather write about food."

Do you have a tip for our readers?

"Do not buy a house in Molenbeek. And visit Brussels now because there's nowhere you have to stand in line."

BBM

These refugees are in for much better days ahead, they may be helpful allies in the war against ugly!

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...fugees-in-addition-to-women-children-families
"The federal government will include gay men among the Syrian refugees it brings into Canada as part of a plan that puts the focus on accepting women, children and families.

The Citizen has learned that while the Liberal government, because of potential security concerns, will not accept lone males — at least during the first wave of migrants — this approach will come with an important caveat. The government is sensitive to the fact that gay men escaping violence in the region could be persecuted, so they will be permitted to come to Canada."
rbbm.
imo.

First family arriving

[video=twitter;668915884749000705]https://twitter.com/AnnaliseAK/status/668915884749000705[/video]

There are more pictures at her twitter.

"MIGRATION PRODUCES MORE MIGRATION" PART 1

ZEIT.ONLINE
http://www.zeit.de/2015/45/migration-fluechtlinge-grenzen-grenzsicherung-interview

Why we have to put ourselves into the minds of the refugees. An interview with the American immigration researcher Demetrios Papademetriou.

DIE ZEIT: Do "good" borders exist? Borders that protect the states without being brutal?

Demetrios Papademetriou: This is a fiendishly difficult question.

DIE ZEIT: Well, to put it simple: Is it possible to secure borders?

Papademetriou: Of course. Virtually all countries in the world do that with success. There is no region in the world that has such difficulties in protecting their borders such as Europe. When I talk to officials or politicians in Brussels, I am shocked every time that they are convinced that they could do anything to influence the migration of people. Yet at the same time no other issue has ever been of such vital importance for Europe as the refugee crisis.

DIE ZEIT: How can we secure borders? The chancellor says fences do not help.

Papademetriou: That's not true. There are plenty of options to secure borders, and they are all compatible with international Law. Look in the United States, we have long borders and a lot of problems with migration. The US has therefore invested billions of dollars into the border guard, in fences and new staff, the number of border guards was approximately six-fold. Since then, the border is under control.

DIE ZEIT: So we should build fences around Europe and through the middle of Europe?

Papademetriou: Sure, it is very difficult to secure borders in Europe again, because all casts doubt on what the EU has achieved in recent decades. The external borders are something else. But even there, a domino effect looms: if the EU closes its external borders, the nearest neighboring country, Serbia, will be left with no choice but to close its borders too. Then Montenegro will follow, and so on, until Greece remains. And if three hundred thousand refugees are stuck in Greece, then there will be a revolution there, and I'm serious: a revolution. Securing the borders is therefore not sufficient. More important is something else. If we want to discourage people from continuing to come in such large numbers to Europe, then we need to put ourselves in their heads. We need to understand their motives why they set out why they put themselves into the hands of smugglers, why they put their lives at risk. If we do not do that, then the migration will continue, we will see terrible pictures on TV, eventually people will die on the route. And then what will Europe do?

DIE ZEIT: Why do people put their lives at risk to come to Europe?

Papademetriou: Because they can be almost certain that they are allowed to stay if they have managed it here. No matter where they come from. The current policy, Europe has made it a magnet that attracts more and more people who see an opportunity here for a better life.

DIE ZEIT: Because Mrs. Merkel has opened the borders?

Papademetriou: No, that's only one part. But an important one. What Mrs Merkel has done, was a historic act. It will be remembered in twenty years. In half an hour, or however long it may have taken to make the decision, Germany has become the Promised Land, which attracts more and more people. In my view, Ms. Merkel and Peter Altmaier, her chancellery minister have miscalculated this decision colossally, whatever may have been their motives.

DIE ZEIT: Frau Merkel saw a humanitarian emergency.

Papademetriou: I understand that she was under enormous pressure. But who makes such a decision, need to know what such an explanation will trigger, in their own country and to the people in the Middle East.

DIE ZEIT: Are you saying, Mrs. Merkel had triggered the refugee crisis alone with her remark?

Papademetriou: Of course not. But her decision had consequences, consenquences that have been thought through far too little. On the one hand, something happened, what I call the simplifications: Everyone in the Middle East who wanted to go, suddenly became a Syrian. Everyone in Bangladesh or Pakistan, who wanted to go, changed into an Afghan. Because these two groups are welcomed in Germany without too accurate testing . Secondly, migration produces more migration. Immigrants attract other immigrants. The information spread in real time, via the social networks, on smartphones, and when it has spread, it does not matter at all what the politicians explain later. Because the refugees already have the only information that is important to them: When you come here, to Germany, you will be admitted. Nothing else matters.

BBM

"MIGRATION PRODUCES MORE MIGRATION" PART 2

ZEIT.ONLINE
http://www.zeit.de/2015/45/migration-fluechtlinge-grenzen-grenzsicherung-interview

Why we have to put ourselves into the minds of the refugees. An interview with the American immigration researcher Demetrios Papademetriou.

DIE ZEIT: So what should Europe do?

Papademetriou: Perhaps the last major crisis on the US-Mexican border can be very instructive. In 2012, there suddenly were more and more minors reported who were traveling alone or only with their mother. Initially, there were about 20,000 a year, then 50,000 in 2014, there were already 140,000. These young people were not trying to illegally climb over the fence, they went directly to the border guards and said: ". Hi, I'm an unaccompanied child, I want asylum" For those unaccompanied minors there apply special US laws that oblige the state to take care of the minors. The US responded with a series of measures, all of which are instructive, though not all may be applicable to Europe. First, all minors were housed in accommodation and detained there. Second, the processing of their cases was been brought forward and accelerated. The mayority of applications were rejected, ten to fifteen thousand children and young people were sent back to Mexico. Thirdly, the US government has invited to Washington, the presidents of Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras. From these four States came more than ninety percent of children. The heads of state agreed that they'd take back the young people and that more would be invested in education and reintegration programs. And with the Mexican government, it was agreed that Mexico's southern borders would get better protection to prevent people from Central America to migrate through Mexico to the United States. Basically, we have thus created a kind of buffer zone. And we have created for a certain contingent of young people the opportunity to apply for asylum in their countries of origin at the US Embassy. Result: The numbers have declined significantly. Why? Because the government has acted decisively and because they assumed rightly that fewer minors would make their way when they realize that they have no chance to stay in the US.

DIE ZEIT: The EU, however, can not reach similar agreements with Syria, Eritrea and Afghanistan, which are failing states.

Papademetriou: This is only partially true. First, Mexico plays for the USA rather the role that Turkey has for the EU, it is the most important transit country, and not a failing state. And there lies an enormous failure of the EU: They should have reacted much earlier to the flows of refugees, that were already looming for a long time. If you want to curb the influx of migrants and refugees, you must invest at two points: there where the people come from, and where they pass through on their way. And secondly, it was a mistake of Europeans, to give virtually all people from Afghanistan and Eritrea the status of civil war refugees. The international conventions do not require that. And why should an Afghan find refuge 5000 kilometers away in Europe, if he can find safety in another part of his country? I think we do not need any more stringent rules in order to solve our problems, but we need to think more sharply.

DIE ZEIT: What would you do differently, without being inhuman?

Papademetriou: Europe must not be inhumane. It must finally enforce its own laws. If it does not, it will be completely overwhelmed.

DIE ZEIT: What does that mean? Mass deportations?

Papademetriou: Europeans need to distinguish more clearly between the people who really need protection, and those who are looking for a better economic future here. And Europe needs to deport those who can not stay here, quickly and decisively. The idea that people return voluntarily is ridiculous. No, we must deport them, and let me formulate that a little Machiavellian: The deportation must be visible to the public, it must contain a message to other people who are considering to make on the way to Europe. The message must be: Do not come! If this message is not entirely clear, then all these people will continue to spend all their money, get beaten and mistreated, ignore all the rules, their health, possibly risking their lives to come to Europe.

BBM

"MIGRATION PRODUCES MORE MIGRATION" PART 3

ZEIT.ONLINE

DIE ZEIT: But people do not only come because Europe attracts, but also because their lives are hopeless in their homeland.

Papademetriou: Therefore the one thing is to spread the right message. And the other is the co-operation with the countries of origin or countries neighboring the countries of origin.

DIE ZEIT: That is?

Papademetriou: We need to set up no-fly zones, destroy the Syrian air force, set up large protected areas in the north, that are secured by UN peacekeepers in Syria. If we do not finally do that, then after the winter - and probably even in winter - a lot more people will be fleeing from Syria.

DIE ZEIT: That the West forces itself to do this, is extremely unlikely.

Papademetriou: So we need a plan B. And that is very expensive, at least ten billion per year. In my estimation, a lot of Syrians who have taken refuge in neighboring countries, have lost in recent months the hope that something will soon change for the better in their homeland. In recent years, these people were only "stored" basically, now they need to get a chance to get their lives back on track. Plus we can contribute a lot, far more than blankets, food, tents. The children must go to school. People who were in training, must be able to complete that. And most important: The people must be brought back in a situation where the can provide for their families. That is, they must be allowed to work legally. So far, they can not. This means that they naturally still work, but on the black market, and they are brutally exploited.

DIE ZEIT: Is not that cynical? We demand of Turkey and Jordan something we are not ready to do ourselves - welcoming of refugees, access to the labor market?

Papademetriou: But Germany will take in a million immigrants this year and probably as many again in the next year ...

DIE ZEIT: But the political objective is to curb the immigration or stop altogether.

Papademetriou: And why? Because the situation in Syria will improve eventually. Then, the country needs to be rebuilt by the very people who are fleeing now. From our research we know that the longer a person lives far away from home, and the further away from the home, the less likely it is that they returns someday. So we need to help, in Jordan, in Turkey, build micro-economies in Lebanon, of which also benefits the local population, and we need to prepare the people for the time coming when they will build Syria again. And we still have to do something, we must offer people a chance to come through legal channels to Europe, with an immigration program, we say, half a million people each year, selected by humanitarian and economic criteria. And this immigration program must not only start in two years, it must begin in March 2016th

DIE ZEIT: Is that not completely ruled out?

Papademetriou: We do not have 18 months to find a solution. This winter is the last chance for Europe to agree on a strategy.

DIE ZEIT: Mrs Merkel says: Wir schaffen das! We can do it! Do you agree with her?

Papademetriou: It is quite a different matter, if you want to integrate a hundred thousand people or a million. The challenge grows exponentially. Even now Germany only just manages to do what is necessary for the immigrants. And what comes after that is much more difficult and much more expensive. On the other hand, if any country might be able to pull this off, then Germany.

BBM

The three ISIS supporters are seen glorifying jihadis, telling young Muslim women that Britain is waging war against them and using racially abusive language to describe Jews and Israelis.

In a trailer for a documentary airing tonight one is heard saying 'We do not submit to the law of any country, any nation' while Syria is promoted on Twitter as 'the best of Allah's lands on earth'.

BBM

'Umm' means mother.... :(

The women are referred to as 'British', but according to their own words, they do not accept the law of any country or nation. They are Muslims first and foremost and Islamic law, sharia, is the only law.

Islamic fundamentalism is widely spread among European Muslims, according to a study from WZB Berlin.

https://www.wzb.eu/en/press-release/islamic-fundamentalism-is-widely-spread

View attachment 84788

UK is not part of this study, but still....

Figure 1 shows that religious fundamentalism is not a marginal phenomenon within West
European Muslim communities. Almost 60 per cent agree that Muslims should return to the roots of Islam, 75 per cent think there is only one interpretation of the Koran possible to which every Muslim should stick and 65 per cent say that religious rules are more important to them than the laws of the country in which they live.

Consistent fundamentalist beliefs, with agreement to all three statements, are found among 44 per cent of the interviewed Muslims.

BBM

Hmmm, why not just stay the eff in Syria then??

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-travel-warning-1.3331828

"U.S. issues worldwide travel warning over 'increased terrorist threats'
Warning lists increased threats from ISIS, al-Qaeda, Boko Haram and other terrorist groups

Thomson Reuters Posted: Nov 23, 2015 6:30 PM"

"The State Department said U.S. citizens should be vigilant when in public places or when using transportation. It also recommended that people avoid crowded places and large crowds.

It is advising people to exercise particular caution ahead of the holiday season, which starts with American Thanksgiving on Thursday".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/us-travel-warning-1.3331828

"U.S. issues worldwide travel warning over 'increased terrorist threats'
Warning lists increased threats from ISIS, al-Qaeda, Boko Haram and other terrorist groups

Thomson Reuters Posted: Nov 23, 2015 6:30 PM"

"The State Department said U.S. citizens should be vigilant when in public places or when using transportation. It also recommended that people avoid crowded places and large crowds.

It is advising people to exercise particular caution ahead of the holiday season, which starts with American Thanksgiving on Thursday".

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade by the Numbers:

The parade route will be lined with 3.5 million spectators.
http://adage.com/article/cmo-strategy/macy-s-thanksgiving-day-parade-numbers/301418/

As ISIS threat looms, New York prepares for Thanksgiving parade
-

Snip

Millions of New Yorkers and tourists are expected to line the streets on Thursday for the parade, more than a week after Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL, released a video showing images of New York juxtaposed with a scene depicting a suicide bomber preparing for an attack.

The group has claimed responsibility for the simultaneous attacks in Paris on Nov. 13 that killed at least 130 people at a soccer stadium, a concert hall, bars and restaurants.

Some people said on Facebook and Twitter they would skip the parade this year in light of the new threats, 14 years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks by al Qaeda that destroyed the World Trade Center in Manhattan.

A school district on New York’s Long Island called off a planned December middle-school trip to Manhattan, while Penn State University said it would cancel some student trips to Washington, D.C., and New York.

But New York City officials have a simple response: Don’t be scared.

“We can’t change who we are,” Mayor Bill de Blasio said at a public event on Thursday, urging people not to alter their daily lives. “Do we want to play their game? Do we want to give in to them?”

See more at: http://kgmi.com/news/030030-as-isis...for-thanksgiving-parade/#sthash.j2r7X9az.dpuf

IN 2008 DUTCH JOURNALIST ARTHUR VAN AMERONGEN PUBLISHED HIS BOOK 'BRUSSELS : EURABIA' ABOUT MOLENBEEK. PREDICTED SUICIDE ATTACKS

"After Paris, London, Madrid, Brussels, Copenhagen it will be the Netherlands' turn. Because in Amsterdam-West the same people live as in Molenbeek."

VOLKSKRANT, NieuwsBreak
http://www.volkskrant.nl/opinie/art...hash=90d104404a8e8c587224ac14af04e4cf2be5a017

NieuwsBreak. The Netherlands has so far been spared, says writer, Arabist and Volkskrant columnist Arthur van Amerongen today in the NieuwsBreak.

In 2008 you wrote in your book 'Brussels: Eurabia':" Brussels is a time bomb, there will certainly be a suicide attack. You have been vindicated. How did you know that for sure at the time already?

"I graduated in that subject. My specialty is Salafism and Jihadism. In Molenbeek I saw before my eyes how the criminal Moroccans were becoming Salafist. People did not want to see it then while to me it was all in plain sight, for all to see. Incidentally, I was not the first who wrote about it. Wim van Rooy wrote it too. But our kind of voice was swept under the carpet in Belgium."

Why did you go to live in a place like Molenbeek in 2008?

"I read a news item about a Belgian woman who had committed an attack in Iraq, the first Western terrorist: Muriel Degauque. She lived in Molenbeek. That was my the literary starting point, in the end it has turned out to be a very strange book, very different from what I had in mind, because at first I wanted to make a more anthropological-sociological book."

You write today in your Volkskrant Column. "Politically correct Belgistan found my findings outrageous and nonsense too." Is Belgium that politically correct?

"Belgians are broekenpoepers [literally: pant-shitters, chickens]. Leftish Belgians are afraid that if they say something negative about Islam, they will immediately be labelled as Vlaams Belang [right wing]. They would rather promote Islam than being put in the far right corner. These are old Marxists who believe that society can be made, engineered, but of course that idea conflicts with Islam."

Bart Eeckhout, commentator of De Morgen and living in Molenbeek said in an interview that the last five years Molenbeek has in fact improved. Is that nonsense, he lives there, after all?

"He's one of the worst. Then you have Koen Vidal and David Van Reybrouck. Those are the types who while their head is being chopped off, still insist that Islam is love. Where that came from, I do not know, but I do not believe that Islam is love. Things have not improved in Molenbeek, I was there this spring for "Brussels Eurabia part two ', and it's just gotten worse. But someone who lives there, must obviously be fed up like crazy because you can never sell your house in Molenbeek. It is misery, nobody works, you can not buy alcohol, women have to walk in burka. If you are a woman wearing a skirt, you barely escape having hydrochloric acid thrown thrown into your face. Not quite yet. Molenbeek is spooky, with all these narrow streets. Those Belgians who promote Molenbeek are simply lying."

You said in an interview that after the publication of Brussels: Eurabia you were also ousted in the Netherlands. "I got a Berufsverbot, a professional ban"

"Yeah, I worked for various left-wing magazines but after that they gave no more assignments. Even though I had previously won the Prize of the Newspaper Journalism. They found me, I believe, somehow irritating after that book. Previously I had the reputation of an alcohol and drug user, and was not taken seriously. I was a kind of court jester."

And now you have been labeled as a prophet.

"It is not an official title, I think, otherwise I would use it. It is above all a laughing matter. I find it funny to see those liberal Belgians going flat down on in their mouths."

Martin Sommer wrote this weekend about The Netherlands and the potential terror threat that he had the impression "of a country that is very smug about itself."

"Yes, at the expense of Belgium we pretend that we have it all so well organized. That's not entirely true. Some of those terrorists were every week in Amsterdam. The only difference is that you can control the situation in Amsterdam better, it's more orderly there. And you do not have the French-speaking Syrians and Lebanese, but the rest are all the same families who come originally from the Rif Mountains, they are now living in the Netherlands and Belgium. Everybody knows everybody. The Netherlands has been spared so far. Perhaps this year something happens. After Paris, London, Madrid, Brussels, Copenhagen is will be the Netherlands' turn. Because in Amsterdam-West you have the same people as in Molenbeek.

You now live in Portugal, what's it like there?

"There have been a lot of raids, and six Portuguese jihadists have been killed in Syria, one of whom has a Dutch mother. These are radicalized converts, white junkies, addicted criminals who love to go shooting in Syria in the name of the prophet. There are in Portugal, unlike in Spain, almost no Moroccans."

Let's go back to Brussels. Doesn't the lock-down simply reinforce the fear?

"Belgians are the most frightened people of Europe. Now they have gone completely around the bend. Cafes are closed, schools are closed, the subway does not run. They're in a psychosis of fear. While they should have acted earlier. They need to break up Molenbeek, comb it out completely. But they do not do that. They'll be overly paranoid for a whille but in a few days everything it will be business as usual. They now claim that they will combat Salafism but I do not believe it. They are a a fearful bunch. I find the Dutch not so brave either, but I think the Belgians are even less brave. "

How do the jihadists need to be dealt with in your opinion?

"Put on ankle monitors, take away passports, freeze benefits, and send them to an education camp. Never ever reward the returned foreign rebel fighters in the Syrian Civil War. All Moroccans have been pampered enough by an army of social workers. Every approach has failed, from the district father to the psychologist, nothing has worked. You must crack them down. They are tough guys, trained terrorists. The worst among them need to be sent to an education camp like [former Dutch PM] Lubbers proposed thirty years ago. Let them dig the earth in [the province of] Drenthe."

Is also often said, give them education and a job.

"Those are the old leftist theories about the proletariat. But it is the message of Islam itself that is causing this, it has nothing to do with external factors. The people who were behind 9/11 were all educated guys. The bombers in London were doctors. It is a misconception that all terrorists are paupers. The old adage 'give them a job and a missus, and they'll settle down, like it works with Dutch criminals, does not apply to them. They laugh at the Dutch government. They do not recognize the Dutch state at all, except for the benefits than that they love to collect.

What made you decide to study Arabic?

"It looked like a good trade to me. At that time, in 1985 I wanted to become a journalist. I succeeded. I have been a correspondent in Jerusalem and Beirut. Now it seems like a smart move but I want to move on I have been writing about Islam for thirty years. I'm done with it, I want to write about something fun every now and then. It is a sad topic. I would rather write about food."

Do you have a tip for our readers?

"Do not buy a house in Molenbeek. And visit Brussels now because there's nowhere you have to stand in line."

BBM

Wow. That author sounds pretty knowledgeable about the terrorists and their ways. Some government should hire him as a consultant. We may not agree with his views on some things but he seems to know what he is talking about

Za Zara,I wanted to reply to your post on the book Brussels Eurobia.In regards to Vlams Belang and Belgians not wanting to be associated with the right wing party.I find this statement not to be true.Most Belgians have the same views as Vlams Belang,at least everyone I have met or spoken too.They just do not want to rock the boat so to speak,very passive people.

Za Zara,I wanted to reply to your post on the book Brussels Eurobia.In regards to Vlams Belang and Belgians not wanting to be associated with the right wing party.I find this statement not to be true.Most Belgians have the same views as Vlams Belang,at least everyone I have met or spoken too.They just do not want to rock the boat so to speak,very passive people.

Hi Cuffem, this is what he says and I've translated that.
The way I understand it, he is referring to the leftist intelligentsia (can't find another word right now) those who appear on tv, journalists, editors politicians, opinion leaders. Career and politics are very intertwined in Belgium. He isn't speaking about the common Belgians.

At the time when the book appeared, Arthur van Amerongen was vilified by the media. Lots of protest, the channel that inteviewed him apologized for doing so. He had written the book with a grant, they tried to make him pay the money back. And like he says in the interview, the leftist media in The Netherlands no longer had work for him.

I have tried to look up the original interview from 2008 in a Belgian magazine. I found many references, but the magazine itself has deleted it.

"Those are the types who while their head is being chopped off, still insist that Islam is love."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea