Oscar Pistorius - Discussion Thread #67 *Appeal Verdict*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 21 Sek.Vor 21 Sekunden
#OscarPistorius Ledwaba: he’s only allowed to travel within 20km of the house. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 34 Sek.Vor 34 Sekunden
#OscarPistorius Ledwaba: accused submit to house arrest and may leave between 7am and 12pm. BB

Well that mobile phone number is now going to be called by the Pistorians!

Can't believe after the hassle in the initial trial with all the reading out of phone numbers that they've just gave OP's house address out and the probation officer's phone.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 38 Sek.Vor 39 Sekunden
#OscarPistorius Ledwaba: accused should not leave magisterial district of Tshwane and hand over his passport. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1 Min.Vor 1 Minute
#OscarPistorius Ledwaba: applicant should not leave house without permission of the investigating officer. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 49 Sek.Vor 50 Sekunden
BREAKING #OscarPistorius released on R10 bail under strict condition on his movement. BB

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 1 Min.Vor 1 Minute
#OscarPistorius Ledwaba: accused must submit to electronic monitoring programme. BB

David Dadic ‏@DavidDadic 1 Min.Vor 1 Minute
Crikey cell phone numbers on TV. Again

Can someone please tell me if OP is now free for the next 4 months? No community service because he can't be monitored while doing it, so he now has less stringent conditions than before. He's free to do what he wants for 5 hours a day. Does that include drinking, partying and going down to the shooting range?

You can almost hear OP singing "I'll be home for Christmas".... he certainly seems pleased with the court's decision, I know if I was a convicted murderer that was able to live in a fancy mansion for free with a 20km unrestricted radius of movement I would be too. I didn't even hear any kind of restriction on what kind of visitation rights he's allowed, yet another normal condition imposed when "imprisoned".

OPbailhearing3.jpg

Hugh WhitfeldVerifizierter Account ‏@hughwhitfeld 35 Sek.vor 35 Sekunden
#Pistorius back in court April 18, 2016.

Kay BurleyVerifizierter Account ‏@KayBurley 3 Min.Vor 3 Minuten
Bail for #Pistorius is 10,000 Rand = £457

With any luck he'll be refused leave to appeal....which should wipe the smug little smile off his face.

I can understand why LemonMousse was so desperate to have Advocate Kenny Oldwage represent Oscar and not Roux.

Roux is a master. From the moment he walked into the courtroom, he was in control. He knew exactly what he wanted, he explained it clearly to the judge and he even had the judge believe that house arrest at the mansion was a form of imprisonment and thus to harsh. Classic.

Well Oscar, the road ahead of you is long and arduous but vindication for you lies at the foot of the Constitutional Court in 2016. Godspeed.

With any luck he'll be refused leave to appeal....which should wipe the smug little smile off his face.

i hope the high court checks the validity of his appeal before it gets to the cc. as a matter of urgency.

This is really a joke - no electronic monitoring between 7am and 12noon? Who is going to ensure it goes on again? Where will they place the electronic monitoring - on his arms????

The ONLY consolation I have is that he has to give up his passport! Again, just where will they affix the electronic monitoring device? On his wrist?

I am so disappointed. No real justice yet except for being charged with murder now.

:gaah: :mad: :noooo:

David Dadic ‏@DavidDadic · 7m7 minutes ago
So Oscar is studying law, if I have one piece of advice, stay away from clients who don't pay. And whose versions change.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan · 9m9 minutes ago
Ledwaba: state said not opposing #OscarPistorius bail application..it's duty of this court to decide whether bail granted or not, conditions

Ledwaba: #OscarPistorius bail affidavit asks for bail pending outcome of appeal to Con Court, or - if appeal unsuccessful - sentencing @eNCA

Ledwaba: #OscarPistorius has proved he is not a flight risk @eNCA

BREAKING: Judge Ledwaba grants #OscarPistorius R10000 bail, finds he should be allowed to leave his home @eNCA

#OscarPistorius back in court on 18 April. He can leave home between 7am and noon every day. He can go up to 20 kms away from home. @eNCA

#OscarPistorius needs to permission to leave his home outside the hours of 7am to noon @eNCA

#OscarPistorius required to detail his assets and employment situation in bail affidavit @eNCA

I can understand why LemonMousse was so desperate to have Advocate Kenny Oldwage represent Oscar and not Roux.

Roux is a master. From the moment he walked into the courtroom, he was in control. He knew exactly what he wanted, he explained it clearly to the judge and he even had the judge believe that house arrest at the mansion was a form of imprisonment and thus to harsh. Classic.

Well Oscar, the road ahead of you is long and arduous but vindication for you lies at the foot of the Constitutional Court in 2016. Godspeed.
LOL! More wishful thinking.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan · 2m2 minutes ago
#OscarPistorius has 15 days to file Constitutional Court appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics