AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not guilty of any crime? What about impersonating a murdered Karlie at Centerlink and the bank in order to access her money for years on end? Hazel shouldn't be so cocky ... Looks like she's the one who gave police enough info to arrest DH for the murder of Khandalyce, seems to me she could have done that years ago if she hadn't been so keen to keep getting the extra cash. Evil.

I'm in favour of the innocent until proven guilty concept.
The reason I believe she is innocent is purely based on her attitude and demeanor as I have perceived it, which IMO, has been relaxed, friendly, cooperative and calm.
To me, it seems odd that some see HP as cocky and evil. I don't see that at all.
I personally believe (and this is just my personal opinion) that if she was the woman in the wheelchair who went to the bank, she may have done it believing she was aiding Karlie.
All any of us have to judge HP by is her behaviour caught on camera and then broadcast on MSM. Some see that footage and judge her as guilty, but personally, I don't.
I'm not writing this to be argumentative; just explaining my view.

Once he was in jail for other offences she had her moment where she could have talked but chose not to.

HP awaits charges from Aust Federal Police/AFP as fraud is a commonwealth offence. (ABC tv news).

IMO there is no contest that she knew of the 'disappearance' of K+K.
Reckon her defense re not revealing that knowledge would be - "terrified I'd be next."

I am hoping that they haven't given her too sweet a deal to blab.

Not guilty of any crime? What about impersonating a murdered Karlie at Centerlink and the bank in order to access her money for years on end? Hazel shouldn't be so cocky ... Looks like she's the one who gave police enough info to arrest DH for the murder of Khandalyce, seems to me she could have done that years ago if she hadn't been so keen to keep getting the extra cash. Evil.

Passmore's alleged participation in the fraud is a crime against every Aussie taxpayer. It should not be minimised. She has stolen our money, for years, and taken money that could otherwise be distributed to other truly needy people. The Centrelink budget is not a bottomless pit of endless funds available for every needy Aussie.

Too right. This sort of behaviour really gets up my wick - it's why the government constantly changes the conditions of getting payments and make it more difficult for genuine needy people, to try and save a few dollars because of all the wasted money from fraud.

Once he was in jail for other offences she had her moment where she could have talked but chose not to.

Precisely my view. There's no excuse in my opinion. None whatsoever. People like that are the lowest of the low, they are interested in one thing - and that's themselves. If it's found Passmore didn't have anything to do with all this and didn't have any knowledge, I'll make an apology, but I'm pretty sure I won't have to.

The reason I believe she is innocent is purely based on her attitude and demeanor as I have perceived it, which IMO, has been relaxed, friendly, cooperative and calm.
To me, it seems odd that some see HP as cocky and evil. I don't see that at all.
I personally believe (and this is just my personal opinion) that if she was the woman in the wheelchair who went to the bank, she may have done it believing she was aiding Karlie.
All any of us have to judge HP by is her behaviour caught on camera and then broadcast on MSM. Some see that footage and judge her as guilty, but personally, I don't.

I seriously cannot see how or why she would have been aiding Karlie.
Karlie could have taken care of any and all Centrelink business by herself, if she was alive. She did not need anyone to stand in her place. There are Centrelink offices all over Australia, if Karlie was on the road a lot. No need at all for any 'innocent' involvement of Passmore.

Karlie could have taken care of any and all Centrelink business by herself, if she was alive. She did not need anyone to stand in her place. There are Centrelink offices all over Australia, if Karlie was on the road a lot. No need at all for any 'innocent' involvement of Passmore.

Apart from the issue of misrepresentation and fraudulent behaviour - even if she was doing to for the so called "greater good", if she did as alleged, she is still guilty of a crime.

why did he need to kill them, and with such violence and why keep little khandalyce alive for days after her mother has been murdered?

If Hazel made a deal will we ever hear the details of it?

Inspector Hutchins said immunity from prosecution could be on the table for those not directly involved in murder of the Wynarka child.
"If you're on the periphery of this crime, come to us before we come to you," he said. "There is things we can offer, like immunity."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/little-gi...s-homicide-20150923-gjt1ah.html#ixzz3uQkNBxiH
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Didn't Hazel meet with the lawyer and after that went to the police? I'm not sure if she approached police first or police requested an interview with her?

why did he need to kill them, and with such violence and why keep little khandalyce alive for days after her mother has been murdered?

I shudder to think of reasons why Khandalyce may have been kept alive for a period of time ….. more may be revealed about this once sub judice is lifted IMO.

My thoughts exactly, and as far as her stealing money from the taxpayers of Australia, well we don't know that, DH had Karlies ATM card, and still had it in NSW in 2013.

It sounds to me as though this woman suspect is alleged to have directly accessed Karlie's account herself, at least once.

(old article)

Ms Passmore is now an alleged suspect in a fraud syndicate that police believe used the mother’s identity to pilfer nearly $100,000 from her bank account after her death.

It comes after police this week revealed a woman in a wheelchair went to an Adelaide bank and used Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s identity to access her accounts after she had been killed.

The woman conned Ms Pearce-Stevenson’s mother into transferring money to her account, which was *accessed until 2011 when the welfare payments were stopped after officials identified an “issue”.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...led-two-children/story-fni0cx12-1227587079756

Precisely my view. There's no excuse in my opinion. None whatsoever. People like that are the lowest of the low, they are interested in one thing - and that's themselves. If it's found Passmore didn't have anything to do with all this and didn't have any knowledge, I'll make an apology, but I'm pretty sure I won't have to.

Pretty sure there will be no apologies!!

If I were in her position and was innocent. I sure as hell wouldn't be so composed and smiley, I'd be *advertiser censored* bricks. Hiding from the media and falling apart at the accusations. But nope she's loving the attention, playing up to the media, and being extremely cocky. So either she's extremely messed up or a sociopath. She's not letting her composed guard down or showing any emotion. I know what my gut is telling me. Imo

Because he is a self serving monster with no regard for human life. His history is not pretty and he apparently has no conscience. With all the planning, scheming and fraud which went into this whole matter, there is no likelihood of mental impairment or mental illness to mitigate these crimes. They are the worst of the worst, and fortunately we do not know the details of the horrific callous murders. It was 'business as usual' for him after the events. MOO

Bit of info re crimestopper calls in this article ( sorry if already posted )

Her body was identified after two phone calls to CrimeStoppers, the 1,267th and 1,271st callers in the case, which then led police to identify Pearce-Stevenson’s body in NSW.

The first caller said a girl matching the description of the girl in the suitcase had been missing since about 2009 along with her mother, although there was no missing person report on either. The second caller provided a photo of Khandalyce with a blanket that matched the one found with her remains.

snip

The mother and daughter moved away from their family in Alice Springs between 2006 and 2008, with Pearce-Stevenson intending to travel and work. She cut off contact with her family for reasons the police do not want to disclose.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/15/daniel-james-holdom-charged-murder-khandalyce

BBM
Interesting these 2 calls appear to be quite close to each other....4 phone calls apart. I wonder how many calls were coming in at that time in a day. It makes me think it is either the same person calling twice after feeling confident from the first call. Or....the first person encouraged a second person to call in.

It will be interesting to see where this leads. In my opinion, I would think there would be an accessory charge somewhere along the track, as well as fraud charges. I can't imagine she wasn't aware that Holdom killed both Karlie and Khandalyce. As it appears she most probably wasn't the one who originally contacted the police, I expect she had no intention of coming forward either - she probably only became co-operative when the game was up and she had no other choice.

Im going to bet she has cut a deal. What is a bit of fraud in the scheme of things when the LE are after the murderer/s of a mother and a small innocent child? Im thinking of all the horrible things that LE have to deal with day in and day out. I dont for a second believe it is right, but I can see how it would be used to get the bigger result.

I see what you mean.
I suppose I am thinking of the "bounty theory", which may be either true or perhaps concocted by DH himself originally to explain Karlie's absence.
If DH had HP convinced the bounty story was true and that Karlie had disappeared intentionally to protect herself and her child, it could be that he convinced HP to do the bank impersonation and maybe even to make those phone calls to Karlie's family and friends.
This may even be how Connie's carer came to hear of the bounty story.

(afaik it is only the bank that has the woman in a wheelchair, not Centrelink)

My thoughts exactly, and as far as her stealing money from the taxpayers of Australia, well we don't know that, DH had Karlies ATM card, and still had it in NSW in 2013.

That is true, Bundy. We have no information to suggest that HP has benefited financially or that she knew of the murders.

Given the peculiar inconsistencies* that have been revealed in the past 24 between what the earlier police statements told us about this case and what they now say, how confident can we even be that the woman at the bank was in a wheelchair?

Obviously the police cannot give us all the information they have, but when so much of it has turned out to be wrong, I begin to wonder why they give out any information at all.
But perhaps it is not so much the police as the media who are to blame for filling in gaps with their guesswork.

* decomposed outside suitcase vs decomposed in suitcase
dumped in Wynarka July 2015 vs dumped in 2008
Adult had not lived in Australia vs lived here all her life
Child was from the Murray Mallee region vs from Alice Springs
and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors