VA VA - Katelin Akens, 19, Springfield, 5 Dec 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stranger may text mom. But not the fiance with a total different sounding text. Jmo.

Why would a stranger text mom that im a the airport. And then text someone else something different.

Wouldnt a stranger know that supposed 2nd text about the change of plans would have this person calling back Katelin and mom to see what's going on?

A 2nd negative text would ruin the 6hr flight window that they would have to do whatever.

So a stranger or even a known person supposedly texting a 2nd cancel plans message is not really plausible. Jmo.

So I think that the texts came from katelin. Jmo

A stranger could use text history to locate the people she been texting and the content of the texts. Her fiancé and mother may have been the most frequently texted. For instance, if she texted her mom, "leaving for the airport," it would be obvious to text "made it to the airport."

But why would a stranger even care about texting Mom or fiancé? [ if either text happened] A stranger has no ties to them and thus can be hiding somewhere unknown to them and does not need any extra time or anything. I don't understand why a stranger would even bother.

I'm so confused. Can we discuss the "second text" or not? I thought it could not be discussed and that's why we got warnings last night. So what's the deal?

A stranger may text mom. But not the fiance with a total different sounding text. Jmo.

Why would a stranger text mom that im a the airport. And then text someone else something different.

Wouldnt a stranger know that supposed 2nd text about the change of plans would have this person calling back Katelin and mom to see what's going on?

A 2nd negative text would ruin the 6hr flight window that they would have to do whatever.

So a stranger or even a known person supposedly texting a 2nd cancel plans message is not really plausible. Jmo.

So I think that the texts came from katelin. Jmo

I agree or from someone who was close to the situation. Do we know if the message was actually a "text message" or perhaps "snap chat" or something else of the sort? Do we have any idea?

But why would a stranger even care about texting Mom or fiancé? A stranger has no ties to them and thus can be hiding somewhere unknown to them and does not need any extra time or anything. I don't understand why a stranger would even bother.

Exactly. Why risk having the 2nd party calling back due to the supposed change of plans.

Wouldnt a stranger or even a known abductor know that the 2nd text of change of plans would leave someone looking for immediate answers. Especially if they were suppose to meet you at a airport in another state in 6hrs.

Lol. A perp would know that the 2nd person would be mad or confused and will be wanting answers on what's next immediately . Jmo

I'm so confused. Can we discuss the "second text" or not? I thought it could not be discussed and that's why we got warnings last night. So what's the deal?

I've alerted a mod to come in and give a determination on that. Don't want to get the thread closed again.

I've alerted a mod to come in and give a determination on that. Don't want to get the thread closed again.

For the record I am only referring to the message to mom :)! Was it a traditional "text message" or "snap chat message"?

I think if we discuss a supposed text which came from the fiancé mouth on the find Katelin facebook page. Then we should be okay as long as the text isn't stated as fact.

Unless the fiancé mentioned this in the news medias as well with a provided link.

But we still must remember that no one is sluethable for right now.

Except for maybe the last person who she was verifiably with. Jmo.

But if I'm wrong than please forgive me.

I'm going to make an exception and allow it. After all, it would be stupid to try to put that genie back in the bottle now, wouldn't it.

It takes very little time to send a text and if you delay alerting the family you delay the crime being reported. Possible witnesses to the abduction could be lost, memories become fuzzy, delay is on the side of the criminal.

But would it be wise to send conflicting info to people who could communicate with each other?

I can easily understand a stranger texting Mom to say' I'm at the airport.'

But the second text makes no sense coming from a stranger, imo/

Someone asked Amber on the Find Katelin Facebook page if she was waiting at the airport in Arizona when she realized something was wrong. According to Amber:

"No. When lisa got the text from katelin saying she was at the airport i got a text at the same time from katelin saying 'something came up and im not coming back today. Ill let you know when i get a new flight'. Then her phone was turned off. Thats when i first was alarmed and called lisa asking if she knew katelin wasnt leaving. And katelins friend and me both called the airport and checked if katelin had checked in at the airport and she hadn't."

https://m.facebook.com/groups/16427...7375604659&source=typeahead&feed_ufi=comments

I am quoting from the FB group which I hope is allowed. Per the rules, as long as the quote is from the group's admin (which this is) I am free to quote here.
Ni, not if the FB is private. But as I said, I'm going to give a pass on this one.

Keep in mind, LE has not confirmed this information.

I'm going to make an exception and allow it. After all, it would be stupid to try to put that genie back in the bottle now, wouldn't it.

Bessie has just given us a nice Xmas present for the thread. But please remember that sluething the disbelief that the text was sent to the fiancé or even sluething on how the fiancé or anyone else handled things after the supposed text is not sluethable.

So we probably can't question why certain things didn't connect the dots after all knew that 2 different statements were supposedly text to 2 different people around the same time.

Plus we can't slueth the relationships between Katelin's mom and Katelin's fiance nor any possible confusion that may have went on after the two different texts were sent to both of them. Jmo.

So be careful. Jmo

Here's my thoughts:
If her primary ways of communication was traditional texting (using a data package) it should be easily traceable. LE should be able to get records quickly.

If she was using snap chat to communicate it will be more difficult to determine when the communication was sent, because those messages disappear after they are opened.

There are many different methods of texting available. Which is why I was curious to know if she was using her data package for texting or an app.

And thank you Bessie I will try to behave myself [emoji12]!!

Now that Bessie gave the okay - I just wanted to agree with everyone thinking the text to her fiance wouldn't buy time, it would cause more questions. Even the text to her Mom didn't really buy any time. Her Mom may not have worried and just figured she was on the plane until five hours later when it was supposed to land. So what was the point of those messages if they didn't come from Katelin? I'm not saying they did, I'm just saying they don't really make sense.

The supposed second text would be intended to allay concerns about turning off the phone, the first one as well. The phone needs to be turned off to avoid tracking.

Now that Bessie gave the okay - I just wanted to agree with everyone thinking the text to her fiance wouldn't buy time, it would cause more questions. Even the text to her Mom didn't really buy any time. Her Mom may not have worried and just figured she was on the plane until five hours later when it was supposed to land. So what was the point of those messages if they didn't come from Katelin? I'm not saying they did, I'm just saying they don't really make sense.

Imo. Katelin or someone didn't want her fiance to be waiting at a Vegas airport. So out of respect. They atleast sent a message to say I will not be there.

They also wanted mom to think that everything was a go. So moms would have no worries.

So this sounds like a neutral texting to me. Which makes me think that Katelin wanted to appease both parties to allow herself more time to go wherever.

Either that or the person responsible; simply wanted the fiance to not go through the trouble of waiting at an airport.

So either the perp was very considerate to the fiance. Or Katelin texted both herself. Jmo only.

Imo. Katelin or someone didn't want her fiance to be waiting at a Vegas airport. So out of respect. They atleast sent a message to say I will not be there.

They also wanted mom to think that everything was a go. So moms would have no worries.

So this sounds like a neutral texting to me. Which makes me think that Katelin wanted to appease both parties to allow herself more time to go wherever.

Either that or the person responsible; simply wanted the fiance to not go through the trouble of waiting at an airport.

So either the perp was very considerate to the fiance. Or Katelin texted both herself. Jmo only.

Ok, so are you thinking she sends the texts and never left SDs house? Or do you think SD takes her to the mall, at which time someone else picks her up, and from there the mystery begins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oceandreamer753