Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for them. Watching their faces when the concrete was brought up, they couldn't even conceal their frustration. Social media is a beautiful thing and a horrible thing and while it brings in resources it also creates a tremendous amount of work. They are working around the clock. This is not something they have ever done.

nothing new to ad that I could see.
not very imformative, very defenseful JMOO
back to start...........

Looked to me they were being as transparent as they possibly could. I found it reassuring that the Missing Persons guy mentioned how well the search had/has been managed and that it was the best he'd seen. I thought there was more information contained in that press release than we've had.

Confirmation of sex offender checks done on day 1. FBI going house to house etc., mentioning that many of the areas searched had been searched over and over, in some cases 10+ times. They really needed to release this kind of information to attempt to stem the many rumours.

Would be amazing if these people manage to find this little man unscathed, they really look like they've put their heart and soul into searching for little Noah.

Thoughts with the family of course, but also with the search teams, you're doing an amazing job. :tyou:

I thought they said it was going to be something big?

I have seen it happen many times with press conferences about cases where rumour spreads above a big development and it turns out to be a routine press conference. At least more people may have watched it and it helps get the message out about Noah being missing. It's very difficult in cases like this you want news and developments but don't want them if the situation is bleak.

The representatives looked very tired which is understandable it's a very difficult and emotionally draining for Noah's family and them. They are doing everything possible to find him day and night I have no doubt about that.

How was that BIG??? Big is we've found Noah. Or we're scaling down/discontinuing the search. There were so many questions popping up about Walmart video, big fans and custody issues. I take it that was all FB rumors since I haven't seen anything about that here.

One thing I noticed was several remarks about the sheriff riding motorcycles with the dad. I don't see anything bad about that but maybe a relationship with the family is why everyone is so adamant that the search and rescue continues long after most searches would be over. Whatever the reason watching all these people and agencies coming together is find Noah warms my heart. Please find this baby

As frustrating as it is, it is really best for them not to confirm anything about the dogs. It just opened up a bigger can of worms with the masses that don't understand dogs and searches because there is a whole lot of great area unless there dog walks you to the missing person.

Sorry - I agree with #1 and #3 - my mother-in-law lives just a few miles from Pinson and one Thanksgiving a group of us (adults and children) got lost just going out to walk off our Thanksgiving dinner.

BUT I must (BBM) speak up for the dogs. I do not do SAR but I work with a rescue group for hounds - Dogs have been used to find people since WWI and probably before that. My University (Auburn) is currently doing research using MRI machines and awake dogs to seeks ways to predict their tracking ability. They state in this article it can cost up to $30,000 to train a dog. Do you really think they would do this for this long and at this expense if "dogs are a joke"???

http://ocm.auburn.edu/newsroom/news...at-would-predict-a-dogs-detection-ability.htm

Maybe I shouldn't have said they were a joke, but I was referring to how people act like they can pick up even the smallest of scents and then find a person. I even said that they aren't completely useless, but that people give them way too much credit. There are a lot of stories of dogs passing right by people and not being able to smell them. And it's usually not even their fault, but all the other smells that contaminate the area. Fact is, trying to find a person based on an old shirt or teddy bear is very difficult, especially since it's an unfamiliar scent and there are so many around. That's not even including things like the weather ruining it. There is also a debate on if dogs can be used as evidence in court since dogs have a high fail rate finding drugs. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/...ug-sniffing-and-bomb-sniffing-dogs-just-props

Point I was trying to make is this... people need to stop acting like dogs are infallible.

I just don't like it when they act frustrated, bothered, irritated, and defensive about rumors, many times with rumors there is a seed of truth to every lie, and many who have listened to rumors get to the bottom of things, the truth. Not saying that anyone is being untruthful, just saying, you need to wade through a sea of poop at times to find the gem hidden in it. I pray they have strength during this very stressful, hard, exhausting time. IMHO

With all due respect, just because this has been discussed in DeOrr's threads, it does not mean is not worthy of discussion here. Whether or not a mountain lion attack is a possibility seems to be a matter of opinion here. I will go down whatever rabbit hole needs to be gone down a million times if I have too. That's why we were discussing the need for scat experts, etc upstream Jmo. Am I saying this is what happened, no, just saying I think it's a possibility. Look up the latest article dated Dec 2015 that mountain lions are coming back to Tenn. Trying to link but it's crashing.
Has LE mentioned cougars yet? Has anyone besides WSers mentioned seeing signs of cougar activity in the immediate area where this child went missing? What I am saying is there will be signs pointing a) to animal activity and b) to an animal attack on a human. If neither of these are present, it is very unlikely it was an animal and he simply got lost in the woods.

Even if conditions were more favorable, would cadaver dogs pick up a scent on day ONE?

I've heard the range is 45 minutes minimum to a couple of hours, depending. I read a study on it but don't have the source handy.

@ EllieBee...cheers.
After all misery does love company.

:therethere:

How was that BIG??? Big is we've found Noah. Or we're scaling down/discontinuing the search. There were so many questions popping up about Walmart video, big fans and custody issues. I take it that was all FB rumors since I haven't seen anything about that here.

One thing I noticed was several remarks about the sheriff riding motorcycles with the dad. I don't see anything bad about that but maybe a relationship with the family is why everyone is so adamant that the search and rescue continues long after most searches would be over. Whatever the reason watching all these people and agencies coming together is find Noah warms my heart. Please find this baby

When they said it was going to be a big one, the immediate assumption was that there would be big news. Perhaps he just meant that they expected that there would be a large number of reporters there since it was known that bad weather was moving in, they had additional people speaking to the media, etc.

Yes he would not confirm the distance from the house when he went missing. They asked if it was one hundred yards, he said he would not comment, does not want people on Google Earth trying to figure it out. He is tired...at least I hope that is it....IMHO

This AND I think he is trying to protect the privacy of the family right now. I think this is a small community and they are doing everything they can to keep that kind of information close. Also, I hope they aren't having tunnel vision. I was thinking they were keeping the information about the dogs to themselves in case this turned into a criminal investigation, but I am sure by now that the family and people searching already know if the dogs found a hit or not.

Here's a question (maybe has been asked further back on the thread ... if so, please just ignore)

Suppose Noah had gone for a walk in the woods with his Grandma earlier in the week (surely this was not the only walk in the woods/maybe they visited Grandma often?) ... would the dogs be picking up old scents? I guess the obvious - they haven't found him yet - so even if the dogs are picking up scents, that doesn't really prove anything. Unless it was the one and only time he'd ever been in those woods ... however, if they said that positively NO scents have been picked up, well, that would be another thing.

(sorry if that's illogical)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member