ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but remember the sheriff never called the parents solid. It was the deputy.

As an Idahoan I took it to mean that the parents were cooperating & there was nothing to suspect. Like, their explanation of events was solid as opposed to falling apart or full of holes. To say someone is solid is to say you can rely upon them.
Since we have now seen a complete opposite in reporting from LE I am inclined to think they are really not concerned with sharing their info with the public unless they absolutely must.

I agree. I also think the Sheriff is very used to being "less than truthful" with cases out of necessity. LE and others involved in the investigations have to testify in court about cases at times and I think that has a lot to do with the way they address questions from the public. IMO.

My father was involved in LE for a few years as a CSI. One of his first cases was a serial killer who got caught shoplifting from a grocery store (IIRC). So he had to testify in that court case. I never knew his involvement in the case until a few years after!

I agree. I also think the Sheriff is very used to being "less than truthful" with cases out of necessity. LE and others involved in the investigations have to testify in court about cases at times and I think that has a lot to do with the way they address questions from the public. IMO.

My father was involved in LE for a few years as a CSI. One of his first cases was a serial killer who got caught shoplifting from a grocery store (IIRC). So he had to testify in that court case. I never knew his involvement in the case until a few years after!

Boy, sounds like Robert Durst

I had a quick Google, but I couldn't find a colloquial meaning of "solid" listed as anything like "not lying, did not do anything wrong, are innocent" anywhere. Anyone got a link?

Eta, found some more definitions:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/solid

Tbh I've never heard a person called "solid" before, unless it refers to their body-type... If someone said to me "This man is solid" I wouldn't be exactly sure what they meant... But since he referred to the two parents together as "solid" I thought he might mean "sticking together".

In hindsight, he probably did mean sticking together, same story or backing each other up no matter what the other said??

JMO but I bet the family asked LE to do something about the SM accusations, so LE put that statement out to keep the family happy and co-operating....

The family were obsessed by SM from the beginning. I bet they got a shock when Klein made made the SM situation so much worse for them, after they begged him to please make the rumours stop!

First interview, when asked if something they wanted to address, they both went on about rumors about VDK not being let off work to search and the 'bawling filthy child getting candy
in black truck' stories.

As far as I know, none of our very savvy WS's here have ran across anything to document those two stories being out on SM or anywhere else for that matter. IMO They shared these for a reason to back up something but I just don't know what? Has bothered me for a long while.

And yes, Rayemonde, they probably are shocked at how public he has been on MSM and SM. He might have a plan? :thinking:

First interview, when asked if something they wanted to address, they both went on about rumors about VDK not being let off work to search and the 'bawling filthy child getting candy
in black truck' stories.

As far as I know, none of our very savvy WS's here have ran across anything to document those two stories being out on SM or anywhere else for that matter. IMO They shared these for a reason to back up something but I just don't know what? Has bothered me for a long while.

And yes, Rayemonde, they probably are shocked at how public he has been on MSM and SM. He might have a plan? :thinking:

I live about 45 minutes from IF & have probably a hundred "friends" in common with JM/DKsr/TBC & TO'NT on FB. I was mucking through rumors & stories on FB the first couple months & now recently. I never heard the 6pm dirty little kid story online or in person. ETA- aside from the DKsr interview w/EIN. I'm not saying it wasn't out there, but if it was I don't know how I managed to miss it. I don't belong to any of the groups, but they weren't organized right away so I doubt that is where it came from.

They weren't happy with the 'bawling filthy child getting candy in a black truck" because guess who drives a black truck...

Speaking of black truck, does anybody know what kind DK drives? Silly maybe, but if it is new enough, surely, it would have a GPS system like On-Star, FordSync, UConnect, etc, that can track the truck (even w/out a subscription)? I'd bet LE has used that info already in their investigation if it was available but for speculation purposes only, wouldn't DK's time or location while "hauling" up the road be documented by GPS?
Could that give him time to drop something (or someone) somewhere or give JK to do the same by the campsite while he was away? Maybe that is too far-fetched given the time frame, but maybe even pass off a child to somebody w/ out VDK knowing? I still can't bring myself to believe the latter but at this point, who knows? MOO. I just keep thinking...

Been gone for a couple of days. It looks like nothing much has happened. Sigh. I was hoping for real news.

Speaking of black truck, does anybody know what kind DK drives? Silly maybe, but if it is new enough, surely, it would have a GPS system like On-Star, FordSync, UConnect, etc, that can track the truck (even w/out a subscription)? I'd bet LE has used that info already in their investigation if it was available but for speculation purposes only, wouldn't DK's time or location while "hauling" up the road be documented by GPS?
Could that give him time to drop something (or someone) somewhere or give JK to do the same by the campsite while he was away? Maybe that is too far-fetched given the time frame, but maybe even pass off a child to somebody w/ out VDK knowing? I still can't bring myself to believe the latter but at this point, who knows? MOO. I just keep thinking...

Earlier discussion about the truck had it down as a Chevy but after looking into it a bit more I think it may be a early 90's Dodge RAM. I doubt it has anything like On-Star but his phone may have GPS?

Earlier discussion about the truck had it down as a Chevy but after looking into it a bit more I think it may be a early 90's Dodge RAM. I doubt it has anything like On-Star but his phone may have GPS?

View attachment 88386

Vernal's truck was a hot topic in thread #8. A poster was checking all the highway cams to see if they could sight the truck. And also if someone could see Deorr in the back seat area when they went to town for lunch.

Thread 8 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...z-Jr-2-Timber-Creek-Campground-10-July-2015-8

Thanks! Definitely a Dodge. I'll keep thinking b/c obviously UConnect is out of this picture...

Ewwww! Scary dude!

Yes. Interestingly, he was also very polite and affable and you'd never have known how evil he really was just by talking to him, according to my father.

I try to remember that when looking at the suspects on WS threads. Deorr's parent(s) have apparently fooled some people, maybe even LE initially. They looked nice. Acted nice. Appeared to be saying the right things. And now we find out they might just be really evil at heart.

Thanks! Definitely a Dodge. I'll keep thinking b/c obviously UConnect is out of this picture...

I imagine the black truck would get mighty dusty driving on the gravel roads. So any recent cleaning of the exterior would be obvious.

Just a random thought as I look at the truck. Could Deorr have been riding in the back - the open area - when they went to/from the store and fell out? He's too little to ride back there, I know, but thought I'd mention it.

<modsnip>

Just a random thought as I look at the truck. Could Deorr have been riding in the back - the open area - when they went to/from the store and fell out? He's too little to ride back there, I know, but thought I'd mention it.

<modsnip>

Apparently it is a rough road. I imagine a child riding inside, if unrestrained, could be susceptible to injuries! I came to a short stop (nothing big) and my doggie went right into the back of my seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

That would be a rough ride on that road.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member