VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't usually a spur of the moment kinda thing, not a premeditated thought out event? I'll admit I was on Prozac one time years ago for anxiety, after about a week I was set off at the drop of a hat, but I controlled it unlike how I felt that I could sit on top of a building and take folks out, I stopped the medicine after that. Point is a sane or even somewhat sane person knows the difference between right & wrong & to me NK doesn't sound depressed or anxious, she sounds down right psycho!

Sorry to reply to a quote from so much earlier in the thread but this is the first chance I've had to get on all day. And I am so deeply disturbed by this case that I'm having a hard time keeping my thoughts straight...
My point....
Regarding NK and the fact that she recently started taking Prozac. Often people do not get a true diagnosis for BPD until they put on SSRIs for "depression". It can send a person with BPD absolutely off the wall. It can induce psychotic behaviors, thoughts, aggression... I have to wonder if this could be part of what was going on with NK...

I'm sorry, I can't let go of the fact NK kept the blanket. What if she thought this was the beginning of a murder spree? What if the two of them wanted to keep going, do this again and again? They didn't try very hard, but then again they are college freshmen. I keep thinking of her making a point to take the blanket out of DEs car after they returned to Blacksburg. Just sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what to think about her, she's a complete mystery to me. Not knowing all that much about DE I'd think he'd be less likely to be going on a killing spree - I think he killed her in a total panic about the rest of his life. He got himself into it, he's guilty of what she was about to accuse him publicly of, so he's in it up to his neck but at least he had a definable motive besides pleasure killing.

I wonder who diagnosed NK on the mental health realm.I didn't hear anything about a psychiatrist.I would love to know if she went through the proper channels to get diagnosed.Because without the proper care and follow up it can go downhill quickly.All I heard about is a counselor and psychologist at VT.Even still she is pure evil and I believe she was misdiagnosed.Mental health should not be an issue in this trial.

As excited as she was about all this I cant see her wanting to miss watching the murder itself happen. To me its no different than one who hires a hit man to murder a spouse. The mastermind behind the plot to murder is charged with first degree even they did not do the murders themselves. The law in VA must be different than other states.

It's not that different. IMO they charged her with enough to keep her held without bond until the hearing, so they have plenty of time to add more charges. If they keep doing piecemeal, defense attorneys could argue that the police weren't certain and kept changing their minds.

Unless there was some deal to take bigger charges off the table in exchange for info, they almost certainly plan to add more after the rest of the evidence comes back.

Honestly, though, high achiever? A 3.29 GPA isn't that good. Not at all. The fact that she was in the top 15% of her class with that GPA kind of astounds me. I'm from Northern Virginia and if you want to be in the top 15% you need to have a 3.8, minimum.

And how much grade inflation is going on in northern Virginia?

I don't understand why this is not first degreee murder for both.

I was hoping someone would make a map of the various crime scene locations! I have one correction though: the Duckpond is not the pond they searched. There's a pond that's just south of the VT Vet School (corner of Southgate and Duckpond Drive); that's the one in which they were diving.

Thank you! I made the change. Does anybody know which dorm each of them lived in? I have Ambler Johnston Hall highlighted on the map, I believe that is DE's dorm from early reports. Is that correct? Which dorm is NK in? I think it showed as her address on the arrest warrant, but now I can't find the warrants.

Link to map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.ka7xd-tCxjMI&usp=sharing

Bottom line, for me is two very sick people found each other and played out their perverse fantasies, which meshed. Nicole was a victim before they came upon her. I think that they were both trolls for young vulnerable tweens. (Disney Princess Club)??? NK was looking for young impressionable girls, for her own reasons. The rest is tragic. JMO

You know what makes me angry the fact that NK's daddy wanted special privileges for his princess.I would've been fumed if I was the judge.That shows no respect for the parents of NL .While they are sitting there grieving over their daughter and this girl had a hand in the murder.I don't care what NK was to become at VT what about NL maybe she was going to become a singer.

I find his statements very odd and honestly, rather bizarre. I agree he showed no respect for Nicole's loved ones. I know they would love to have the opportunity to see that Nicole got the food she liked to eat.:(

By his actions today it convinces me Keepers was/is a very spoiled pampered child and her dad is still wanting it to continue.

Of course her parents nor DE's parents had any involvement in this evil deed but there is usually a family history/backstory showing enablers that let the narcissism flourish until it became out of control.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that DE also was spoiled and catered to most of his life.

I think both of them are "ME ME ME ME' young adults we see so often nowadays.

The way this murder happened shows it was plotted by two very self centered individuals.

IMO

Honestly, though, high achiever? A 3.29 GPA isn't that good. Not at all. The fact that she was in the top 15% of her class with that GPA kind of astounds me. I'm from Northern Virginia and if you want to be in the top 15% you need to have a 3.8, minimum.

Glad you brought it up, I didn't want to be the one. ;) I was seriously surprised reading that NK only had a 3.29 GPA. And I admit my next thought was that her high school can't have been all that good if that put her in the top 15%. That GPA doesn't even land you in the top 50% at our high school here and that's just a regular ol' school.

My oldest is a senior in high school and headed to a pretty highly commended college, for aerospace engineering. The acceptance was for the actual school of engineering. You wouldn't even make it into the school of engineering there with that GPA. The university has other engineering programs but those go through the college of arts and sciences which you'd end up in with a 3.29. Then when you establish a good enough GPA at that college, you can request transfer to the school of engineering. I guess VT doesn't work that way? I'll have to check, I'm curious now.

My BIL is an engineer and very outgoing

No, all engineers are not that quiet. My dad and my ex were both very outgoing and personable. Those types tend to rise up the ladder pretty quickly.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/crime/b...cle_c3087e38-4c85-5adf-b2c5-063176aa7462.html

During her testimony, Natalie Keepers said she graduated high school in the top 15 percent of her class with a 3.29 grade-point average.

3.29? So much for the "brilliant NASA intern" NG keeps describing. Perhaps she felt she had to live up to being an engineer like dad but couldn't live up to it. Doesnt explain/excuse murder but...

A website or app is absolutely not responsible for everything that might be planned through them or that their site/app might facilitate by existing, there has to be a reasonable expectation or negligence.

I just read on CNN that they think the motive was that DE and Nichole had an "inappropriate relationship" and that she was about to expose it. I had not seen that anywhere else.

I don't think NK had a psychotic episode. Unless she planned it.

To all the people asking why the site should be held responsible.

Jmo. When you start a site; You are responsible for that site. So if any illegal activities are going down on your site. Then you are responsible since it's your site to monitor and ban whomever or contact the authorities. Jmo.

So please stop asking why the site should be held responsible for grown men or older teens that are trying to hook up with 13 year olds that look 10 years old.

Anytime that you make a site. You must promise that it will not be used nor allow illegal activities. So if you don't monitor your site via yourself or staff. Then your site can be sued in the long run. Jmo.

Certain powers granted require tremendous accountability. Jmo.
My guess is that these sites don't take responsibility for the members' activities. This is likely stated in their TOU/TOS.

No, all engineers are not that quiet. My dad and my ex were both very outgoing and personable. Those types tend to rise up the ladder pretty quickly.

I agree. I work for my county's school district, in the 'Facilities' department. (Construction Management also falls under the 'Facilities' umbrella.) Several of my coworkers have degrees in engineering, and all of them are very outgoing and sociable.

Sorry..I'm cathching up on this thread abd just freaking out over here...
Did NK's family give any type of statement expressing their condolences to Nicole's family?!!
Please tell they did and I just missed it...PLEASE!!

It seems odd since Keepers was up to her eyeballs from the beginning of this murderous plot that she isn't also charged with first degree. In many other cases I have seen others were charged with first degree even though they weren't the ones who actually killed the victim. They were still charged equally along with the one who actually did the killing since they plotted and conspired for it to happen. I have a feeling it may come out that Keepers was there as Nicole was being murdered. As excited as she was about all this I cant see her wanting to miss watching the murder itself happen. To me its no different than one who hires a hit man to murder a spouse. The mastermind behind the plot to murder is charged with first degree even they did not do the murders themselves. The law in VA must be different than other states.

And since LE states Keepers became involved on January 4th she may be the very one who put this all into play by being the mastermind behind the plot. Maybe that is what DE means when he said 'the truth can set me free' or whatever he said. I wonder if this is like other cases we have seen before where the female will be the mastermind behind the murder plot but she talks a guy into doing the actual dirty work while she sits by and watches the murder go down?

It just seems there is much more to the case concerning Keepers true involvement. imo

As an aside:

As far as Keepers and her mental issues, I have to admit, I don't care one tiny bit about her mental state. She not only tricked Nicole along with DE but she had no problem helping him dispose of this young girl's dead body. So she knew right from wrong and that is all I care about. Imo, she will not be ruled incompetent nor insane even if the court agrees to have her evaluated which they probably will. They may find out she has no conscience and is only able to cry for herself. As I posted earlier, only a full blown psychopath would get excited to be involved in a plot to murder another human being.

Once someone crosses over to the dark side, any sympathy I may have had for them, under a different set of circumstances, becomes zero. Instead of having sympathy she totally disgust me.

Keepers is a very dangerous person along with her evil sidekick and both of them should never be allowed out in society again where they once again can bring such pain and suffering not only to the next victim but the next victim's family. Keepers seem to delight in plotting this horrific murder. That means she was thrilled at the thought of Nicole being abducted to be murdered and wanted very much to be a part of it. If that isn't enough to scare the hell out of most people I don't know what would.

Even if DE did have a prior sexual contact with Nicole... I believe even that was still all part of their wicked plan. A part of the luring and getting her to trust them. Imo, even before contact was made he and NK had already targeted Nicole as the one they were going to murder. He pretended to care so that Nicole wouldn't be afraid to meet him.

To know how they both betrayed this lonely young girl.... who had already gone through so much in her short life..... is almost unbearable to even think about and the evilness they both had to possess to carry it all out.

IMO
DE did have sexual contact with NL. LE confirmed today.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Glad you brought it up, I didn't want to be the one. ;) I was seriously surprised reading that NK only had a 3.29 GPA. And I admit my next thought was that her high school can't have been all that good if that put her in the top 15%. That GPA doesn't even land you in the top 50% at our high school here and that's just a regular ol' school.

My oldest is a senior in high school and headed to a pretty highly commended college, for aerospace engineering. The acceptance was for the actual school of engineering. You wouldn't even make it into the school of engineering there with that GPA. The university has other engineering programs but those go through the college of arts and sciences which you'd end up in with a 3.29. Then when you establish a good enough GPA at that college, you can request transfer to the school of engineering. I guess VT doesn't work that way? I'll have to check, I'm curious now.

Virginia Tech and other Virginia state schools can only take a certain number of students from each region. The competition in Northern VA is very fierce. We have extremely wealthy and high-achieving families here who have kids with ridiculously crazy "brag sheets" when they apply to college, insane SAT scores, every AP class available...a 3.29 in, say, Fairfax County, isn't going to get you into Tech unless you're literally a wizard or something. They probably had a better chance being out of state students. Being at a HS with less competition helped too, I'm sure.

I've lived in this area a long time. I am not part of the wealthy population out here. I graduated with a 3.0 and I didn't have a prayer getting into a lot of the state schools. The competition for everything here is rough. I don't know what kind of lives NK and DE led but it's sounding more and more like they were pampered brats just like, unfortunately, SO MANY people are raising in the DC area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shoegazergirl