VA - Nicole Lovell, 13, Blacksburg, 27 January 2016 #3 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I'm a few pages behind trying to catch up so I apologize if this has been brought up. But as I sit and read through all this I just can't get past that NK has a history of cutting herself(self harm) and the weapon of choice was a knife. I just keep thinking that is an important detail to the origins of this plan. Jmo

No, all engineers are not that quiet. My dad and my ex were both very outgoing and personable. Those types tend to rise up the ladder pretty quickly.

I agree. I attended a college with so many engineers and the civil engineers (and other types of engineers, once you got to know them) were very cool! But of course, the Lib Arts Majors, we gave them hell!

I haven't followed many cases into the court room for trials. Is that sort of thing typically filmed and shown online or no? I know I've seen clips from various cases. Just wondering how much of this we may get to see.

VA, like MD and DC, doesn't live-stream their trials.

the fact she was very active in theatre. Unless she always got dressed alone which is highly doubtful, her body would have been exposed during dress changes and makeup application which I would think would be hard to hide the fact of being someone who cuts themselves. I do not have experience with or know no one who has so it's just my thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that is necessarily the case. Many people who cut are very private about it and go to great lengths to stop people seeing it. This means that common places to cut are on the upper thighs, rib cage, stomach and sometimes upper-inner arms. It wouldn't be difficult to not expose these areas by undressing in a bathroom stall or wearing under garments that wouldn't be seen under the costume (such as long cycle shorts, a vest top etc). Also sometimes there are curtained areas for changing if the area is unisex. I know these methods because I used to use them when doing sport and drama.

Also she may have cut 'superficially' which would mean she wouldn't develop obvious scars. Those that were left can be improved quickly with skin creams. If this is the case it wouldn't mean she didn't have a problem with cutting, it's just a different way some people do it.

Just my thoughts.

One of my children was involved with youth theatre several years ago, and there were two girls in the group (that I know of) who cut themselves. I know this because I'm close to their moms, and because my DD knew and she told me. Interestingly, both the girls were the high-achiever types. I don't recall anyone actually seeing the cuts - though I wouldn't necessarily know myself if the cuts were visible. What I'm saying is that NK could have somehow hidden the cuts even in a close setting like theater.

Doesn't really matter, I suppose.

I'm thinking the "cutting" of Nicole was a heinous step in NK's own self-cutting. It's like she used Nicole to damage her own self - proving her sense of worthlessness to herself and the word. (Armchair analysis there and worth what you paid for it.) In a way, the murder was a suicide. Her life as she knew it is over.

JMO.

I've read that NK helped direct one of her plays, so if she cut, it may not have been noticable to anyone. Tech people/stage mgr/director are usually dressed in l/s dark clothing so maybe that's the reason?

Wow...have lots to catch up on today. It is beyond words that they sat down and actually planned each step of her murder. Holy moly.....

I cannot believe she had the nerve to chuckle or laugh or anything in the court room. And in front of Nicole's family! I am so angry.

Well, I guess I CAN believe it because she's clearly not a normal person.
I know... Reading that gave me chills.

NKs stashed the cleaning supplies.

NKs stashed Nicole's blanket.

NKs led LE to Nicole's body.

NKs has either partially or fully confessed.

Where was the weapon found? Did she stash that for DE, too? Believe I read that they found the knife, but we don't know where (I don't think.).

I was google mapping Craig Creek Road; it T's with PANDApas Pond Road. How sad is that?

I know... Reading that gave me chills.

Odds on ... mental illness or some expert psychologist for the defense will say she's on the spectrum. Disney Princesses? 19 years old? Don't know many girls like that ...

I wonder whether she's freaking out, even suicidal. I hope they keep her on suicide watch.

IMO - No, not freaking out or suicidal - rather, perhaps getting a high/rush and/or some sadistic type of enjoyment from all the attention, publicity, drama. Laughing out loud in court when you are being accused of participating in a murder - is not normal. Being excited about participating in such a heinous act (and giving that reasoning to LE as to your why)- is not normal. Blabbing about all the details to LE without what seems to be any attempt to make her actions less heinous - is not normal. Showing zero signs or comments of remorse - is not normal.

IMO - she is a criminally insane psychopath. The worst of the worst. We are just having a very hard time wrapping our minds around this reality given a combination of her age, status, background and gender. She will spend the rest of her life in jail; her sadistic deviant soul not one that can be cured. For those like NK who lurk among us, it is only a matter of 'when' they will act out. Those who prey on the weak, the insecure, the vulnerable, the young and naive - for me, it doesn't get any worse that that. Tears for Nicole.

I can't believe Keepers' lawyers are allowing her to speak so openly. I mean, I guess at the end of the day she can do what she wants. But what is she thinking??!

Also, her daddy needs to understand this is jail. JAIL. You don't get the 100% organic conflict-free granola-based bedding just because daddy says you're special.

VA, like MD and DC, doesn't live-stream their trials.

Thanks for the info. Does that mean no cameras will be allowed at all? Not even to show clips on the news or anything?

I'm just thinking about the impact their (DE and NK's) actions have on their own families. There's of course the shock, the disbelief, the feeling of betrayal, shame, fear, etc, but beyond that there's also the reaction of their environment they will have to deal with. The siblings in school or college, the parents at work, reactions from neighbors and friends, at the grocery shop ...

Question to those here who run their own business or are in a position where they hire people: would you hire NK's sister now? (for example)

Or if you were their neighbor, would you invite the Keeper's or Eisenhauer's over for the next bbq?

I guess they will all now have to see who are their real friends. Hard for them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oma13