GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - #13

Don't confuse the defense attorney for the defendant or the case he's been handed. No matter how good they are, they are limited by the defendant they have (who has the final say in how the case will be defended) and the case they have to work with (they can only do so much to minimize damning facts). The idea that an excellent defense attorney is always going to be a "get out of jail free card" is TV fiction.

Thank you SteveS, I do realize that. But we have had 'how good this attorney is" (verbatim to sum it up)etc thrown in our faces many times in past posts throughout this ordeal, so my post was with sarcasm intended AND to prove the point that no matter what he is supposedly known for, or no matter how many cases he has allegedly won makes no difference as every case is different AND he had a nut (IMO) to deal with to boot.

Anyway....you get my drift. All is well :)

To be fair, the guy had to play the cards he was dealt. Can't make chicken salad out of chicken poo. ;)

He said in a post trial interview that the sex story was the one AL had been telling since he was first brought in, so I assume that's the only thing he had to work with. I can only imagine how persistent AL can be when he wants to be.

I'm wondering if that sex story wasn't the issue between AL and his first lawyer? That lawyer was "on watch" when the sex story was first concocted...he watched it evolve..... and I'm sure when it was first said, he balked and advised against using that story. AL was having none of that! So, AL remembers his own "legal experience" and decided to play his own lawyer. He eventually realized he was waaay in over his head and then James gets the call.

I'm not sure how it all works, but I bet James could have turned it down and I wonder if he had realized at the time what kind of clown he was dealing with, if he would have?! Lol.

I'm sure James wasn't used to dealing with clients with an ego as big as his own. ;) I'm not too sure exactly how much control James had over th3 defense and over his own client's mouth. He can say what he wants in interviews, but I PROMISE he begged AL to stay the hell off the stand. AL and his ego was going to have none of that. The Arron Show must go on!

At the end of the day, I'm glad that AL got the high powered lawyer because it's less chance he can cry he was not sufficiently represented.

Agree.
Remember too all was fine until after the lunch or whatever break when CL was testifying, when time to come back in was when they had to come get the Judge....

Then the morning of the Def presentation.... the big brewhaha with AL and his Attorneys. They couldnt not let him get on stand if he wanted too but like I thought prior if he didnt get on he had a better chance. HE is the one who sent that stupid affidavit so the Def had to put him on. AL daddy said they just made that decision that week. (who knows if Dad knew anything though) But iirc some of BC friends said they had just changed their tactic to the affidavit too.

ALSO lol remember how they Proffered the witness from WI the lady from the Unique Paralegal place who authenticated the Affidavit as coming from AL? Def didnt know about her til then lol. Pros Johnson said something to the fact to her we only spoken on phone. LOL so the Pros office got that info from Facebook I bet money on it.

One of the reporters i heard say in the restroom that the prison didnt know about it going out because it was legal mail but that they knew immediately when it hit fb. I dont know if that meant HOW it got posted or just that it got posted.

So yep Mr. James had his hands very full. I figure he knew some of what he was getting into but maybe didnt fully understand. JMHO

So yep Mr. James had his hands very full. I figure he knew some of what he was getting into but maybe didnt fully understand. JMHO

I bet James wasn't the first person in the world to have that same epiphany regarding AL. Lol. The guy is crazy....but crazy like a fox. Haha

"I figure he knew some of what he was getting into but maybe didnt fully understand"

I have no problem accepting that this atty is one of the best at what he does in the AR courts (just on what is said here), and in that case he would have definitely "known everything" in advance, in the way you already know the possibilities when you undertake a familiar task in which you are an expert and it has lots of variables. Nope, you don't know what this specific defendant is going to do and what the case will entail, but the task for the top atty is to take the unexpected and difficult and make the best of it, not look for the perfect defendant who has an easy way out.

Also, keep in mind when defending a client, the thinking of his atty is never what it seems. His job is to take what he has and work with it. When a defendant likes to shoot off his mouth, he can't erase it, so he has to try to put a positive face on it, and then figure out how to try the case accordingly. His job is to offer the best PR possible, without stepping over legal lines to do so ...BUT, while he is going to put lipstick on that pig during and after the trial, it doesn't mean he ever has to believe in him. He just has to do the best he can to force the state to stay within the legal lines, and to prove not guess at guilt, or else let his client go free.

Again, it's not like on TV. After it's over, he doesn't have to take it personally, as long as he did his best to preserve the rights of the defendant and make the best of the hand that was dealt.

Excessive Force Civil Case from Pulaski County Jail (in their personal capacity only)

Case 4:14-cv-00673-BRW-PSH Document 145 Filed 01/28/16 Page 1 of 3
N THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF ARKANSAS
WESTERN DIVISION
ARRON LEWIS PLAINTIFF
VS. NO. 4:14-CV-673-BRW-PSH
HOLLADAY, ET AL DEFENDANTS
MOTION TO EXTEND DISCOVERY DEADLINE AND
FOR LEAVE TO DEPOSE PLAINTIFF
The County Defendants, Jackson Bennett and Gary Seibel (“County Defendants”), by
and through their attorneys, Fuqua Campbell, P.A., and for their motion to extend discovery
deadline and for leave to depose the Plaintiff, state:
1. The County Defendants filed a motion for summary judgment on July 6, 2015.
2. The motion for summary judgment was granted in part and denied in part on
September 17, 2015.
3. The Plaintiff was appointed an attorney on November 10, 2015.
4. This case has been set for trial on April 19, 2015.
5. The Court had previously set a discovery deadline of January 20, 2016.
6. The County Defendants limited the amount of discovery they conducted in this
matter until the Plaintiff’s criminal trial was completed.
7. The Plaintiff’s criminal trial is now completed and the County Defendants wish to
depose the Plaintiff upon oral examination.
8. The County Defendants request an additional 45 days to complete discovery.
9. The Plaintiff is an inmate of the Arkansas Department of Correction and is
currently incarcerated at the Varner Unit

*3rd page is just certificate of service where mailed

10. Fed. R. Civ. P. 30(a)(2) requires leave of the Court to depose a person confined in
prison.
11. The County Defendants desire to depose the Plaintiff upon oral examination for
discovery purposes and seeks leave of the court to do so.
12. The requested leave will not result in any undue delay of the proceedings or any
prejudice to the Plaintiff.
13. The Plaintiff’s attorney has no objection to this motion to extend and has also
expressed an interest in deposing the County Defendants.
WHEREFORE, premises considered, the County Defendants, Jackson Bennett and Gary
Seibel, pray that their motion to extend discovery deadline and for leave to depose the Plaintiff
be granted.
Fuqua Campbell, P.A.
Attorneys at Law
3700 Cantrell Road, Suite 205
Little Rock, Arkansas 72202
(501) 374-0200
Attorneys for the County Defendant
/s/ Patrick L. Spivey
Patrick L. Spivey
Ark. Bar No. 2002089
E-mail – pspivey@fc-lawyers.com

Case 4:14-cv-00673-BRW-PSH Document 138 Filed 01/08/16 Page 1 of 2 * was a fax copy so couldn't copy paste
AL Attorney Motion for Withdrawal of Demand of Jury Trial from when AL was Pro Se
AL v Seibel and Bennet PCSO inv capacity bench trial.JPG

Case 4:14-cv-00673-BRW-PSH Document 142 Filed 01/21/16 Page 1 of 2

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
EASTERN DISTRICT OF ARKANSAS
WESTERN DIVISION
ARRON LEWIS PLAINTIFF
VS. NO. 4:14-CV-673-BRW-PSH
HOLLADAY, ET AL DEFENDANTS

RESPONSE TO MOTION FOR WITHDRAWAL OF
DEMAND FOR JURY TRIAL

COMES now the County Defendants, Jackson Bennett and Gary Seibel, by their
attorneys, Fuqua Campbell, P.A., and for their Response to Motion for Withdrawal of Demand
for Jury Trial, state:

1. The County Defendants have no objections to the Plaintiff’s Motion for
Withdrawal of Demand for Jury Trial.

Fuqua Campbell, P.A

Latest on that Docket (Excessive Force/ Def from PCSO)
Lewis v. Holladay et al
Assigned to: Judge Billy Roy Wilson
Referred to: Magistrate Judge Patricia S. Harris
Cause: 42:1983 Prisoner Civil Rights
Date Filed: 11/20/2014
Jury Demand: None
Nature of Suit: 555 Prison Condition: Civil Rights
Jurisdiction: Federal Question
Trial Date: 04/19/2016

Date Filed # Docket Text
01/04/2016 137 FINAL SCHEDULING ORDER: Jury Trial set for 4/19/2016 at 9:30 AM in Little Rock Courtroom # 1A before Judge Billy Roy Wilson. Discovery due by 1/20/2016. Motions due by 2/4/2016. Pretrial Disclosure Sheet due by 3/21/2016. Entered at the direction of the Court on 1/4/16. (mmb) (Entered: 01/04/2016)

01/08/2016 138 MOTION to Withdraw Demand for Jury Trial by Arron Michael Lewis. (jak) (Entered: 01/08/2016)

01/12/2016 139 ORDER directing Defendants to respond to Plaintiff's 138 motion to withdraw his demand for jury trial no later than Tuesday, 1/19/2016, indicating whether they are willing to waive a jury. Signed by Magistrate Judge Jerry W. Cavaneau on
1/12/2016. (ljb) (Entered: 01/12/2016)

01/12/2016 140 ORDER because of the imminent change in my recall status, the Clerk is directed to transferthe magistrate judge reference to the Honorable Patricia S. Harris. Signed by Magistrate Judge Jerry W. Cavaneau on 1/12/16. (tjb) (Entered: 01/12/2016)

01/12/2016 141 (This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no pdf document associated with this entry.) NOTICE OF REASSIGNMENT. Based on 140 Order, the Clerk's office has reassigned the case to Magistrate Judge Patricia S. Harris on 1/12/2016. (scw) (Entered: 01/12/2016)

01/21/2016 142 RESPONSE to Motion re 138 MOTION to Withdraw filed by Jackson Bennett, Gary Seibel. (Spivey, Patrick) (Entered: 01/21/2016)

01/21/2016 143 (This is a TEXT ENTRY ONLY. There is no pdf document associated with this entry.) ORDER granting 138 Plaintiff's unopposed Motion to Withdraw Jury Trial Request. Accordingly, the bench trial in this case will commence at 9:30 a.m., on Tuesday, April 19, 2016. All deadlines remain the same. Signed by Judge Billy Roy Wilson on 01/21/16. (dmm) (Entered: 01/21/2016)

01/21/2016 144 Jury DEMAND removed per Order on 1/21/2016. (mmb) (Entered: 01/21/2016)

01/28/2016 145 MOTION for Extension of Time to Complete Discovery and for Leave to Depose Plaintiff by Jackson Bennett, Gary Seibel (Spivey, Patrick) (Entered: 01/28/2016)

County Docket finally updated:

Violations

LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE

Violation: 1 Citation#: Age at Violation: 41 Plea: 07-JUL-15 NEGOTIATED GUILTY
5-10-102 MURDER - 1ST DEGREE; FY Disp:07-JUL-15 GUILTY
Level: FY CLASS Y FELONY
Violation Date: 25-SEP-14
Violation Time:
LOWERY, CRYSTAL HOPE

Violation: 2 Citation#: Age at Violation: 41 Plea: 07-JUL-15 NEGOTIATED GUILTY
5-11-102 KIDNAPPING; FY Disp:07-JUL-15 GUILTY
Violation Time:
LEWIS, AARON M

Violation: 1 Citation#: Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 15-JAN-16 GUILTY
5-10-101 CAPITAL MURDER; FY Disp:15-JAN-16 GUILTY
Violation Time:
LEWIS, AARON M

Violation: 2 Citation#: Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 15-JAN-16 GUILTY
5-11-102 KIDNAPPING; FY Disp:15-JAN-16 GUILTY
Violation Time:
LEWIS, AARON M

Violation: 3 Citation#: Age at Violation: 33 Plea: 15-JAN-16 NOT GUILTY
5-73-103 POSSESS FIREARMS BY CERTAIN PERSONS; FB Disp:15-JAN-16 NOLLE PROSEQUI
Level: FB CLASS B FELONY
Violation Date: 28-SEP-14
Violation Time:
https://caseinfo.aoc.arkansas.gov/c...=P&case_id=60CR-14-3928&begin_date=&end_date=

Sentence

Name: AARON M LEWIS Sentence: LN:-LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE Sequence: 1
Length: 99 YEAR(S) Suspended Length: DAY(S) Consecutive: Concurrent:
Served: Signed: Start: 15-JAN-16 Probation: Completion:
Sentence Detail: CONSECUTIVE SENTENCES
Violation(s)
Violation No: 1, 5-10-101 ,

Name: CRYSTAL HOPE LOWERY Sentence: DOC:-DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Sequence: 1
Length: 30 YEAR(S) Suspended Length: DAY(S) Consecutive: Concurrent:
Served: 221 Signed: Start: Probation: Completion:
Sentence Detail:
Violation(s)
Violation No: 1, 5-10-102 , MURDER - 1ST DEGREE; FY

Name: AARON M LEWIS Sentence: LF:-LIFE Sequence: 2
Length: 99 YEAR(S) Suspended Length: DAY(S) Consecutive: Concurrent:
Served: Signed: Start: 15-JAN-16 Probation: Completion:
Sentence Detail: CONSECUTIVE SENTENCES
Violation(s)
Violation No: 2, 5-11-102 , KIDNAPPING; FY

Name: CRYSTAL HOPE LOWERY Sentence: DOC:-DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS Sequence: 2
Length: 30 YEAR(S) Suspended Length: DAY(S) Consecutive: Concurrent:
Served: 221 Signed: Start: Probation: Completion:
Sentence Detail:
Violation(s)
Violation No: 2, 5-11-102 , KIDNAPPING; FY

I think he has made a habit to lie about everything. Also, he probably didn't think it fit in the same sentence as his superior intelligence statement. :)

I think it is cool that your username is 111addict and your post was #111. Carry on! :)

:phone: My mom calls me few minutes ago...." I was reading the paper and have you seen who looking for a PenPal?
Me: No, who?
Mom: Can't tell you look on front page of classifides :giggle:
Me: Okay, since she was :giggle: of course I figured it was ole Mr. Letter writer himself.....
So out to get my Arkansas Democrat Gazette to see as she won't tell me.... :findinglink: ........:silly: .........
NOPE, Not Arron Lewis .....but ......Crystal Lowery is back to placing ads :giggle: thought I would share :giggle: CRYSTAL LOWERY PENPAL ADEMGAZ FEB 8 2016.jpg

:phone: My mom calls me few minutes ago...." I was reading the paper and have you seen who looking for a PenPal?
Me: Okay, since she was :giggle: of course I figured it was ole Mr. Letter writer himself.....
So out to get my Arkansas Democrat Gazette to see as she won't tell me.... :findinglink: ........:silly: .........
NOPE, Not Arron Lewis .....but ......Crystal Lowery is back to placing ads :giggle: thought I would share :giggle: View attachment 88813

:silly: I confess I went to the site listed to see if she had placed an ad (like we saw on the like a member here had found long ago (sorry, cant remember who) where AL had his "write a prisoner" ad. That web address listed in the Personals, doesn't exist. I guess people who look for those prisoner penpals would know how to find it though. Google gave me the address/site for the ADOC Inmate Search :giggle: which the # given is CL inmate page. http://adc.arkansas.gov/inmate_info...5-8bfd-4741-abf0-e9593b8ba579&liveagent_vc=22 Wonder how many people actually answer these ads? How are they able to place them? :thinking: But then again who knew that they had things like the Paralegal Service that AL used to get his affidavit posted on Facebook? Wonder if CL will have someone open hers back up? Guess she is learning the ropes pretty fast... jmho

They have finally updated Arron Lewis ADOC http://adc.arkansas.gov/inmate_info...t_vc=22&_gat=1&_ga=GA1.2.398964329.1436662248

ADC Number: 151373 Send $
Name: Lewis, Aaron M
Race: CAUCASIAN
Sex: MALE
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BROWN
Height: 71 inches
Weight: 156 lbs.
Birth Date: 01/13/1981
Initial Receipt Date: 12/01/2011
Current Facility: Varner Supermax
Facility Address: 320 Hwy. 388, Gould, AR 71643 Map
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 400 Grady, AR 71644-0600
Custody Classification: C4
Good Time Class: I-C
PE / TE Date*: Life WO
Total time*:

Current Prison Sentence History

Offense Sentence Date County Case # Sentence Length
Theft Of Property 11/21/2011 BENTON 2011-247 72 mo.
Theft Of Property
- Accomplices 11/21/2011 WASHINGTON 2011-739 48 mo.
Theft By Receiving > ,000 < ,000 11/21/2011 BENTON 2011-1327 72 mo.
Capital Murder
- Habitual Offender 01/12/2016 PULASKI 2014-3928 Life w/o
Kidnapping
- Habitual Offender 01/12/2016 PULASKI 2014-3928 Life

Program Achievements

Program Achievement Date of Completion
Mental Health 12/29/2011
Graduate Eqival. Diploma (GED) 11/13/2012
Thinking Errors Group 07/02/2013
Mental Health 10/06/2014
Anger Management 09/21/2015
Stress Management 11/30/2015
Communication Skills 01/11/2016

Judge Wright said AL had 30 days to Appeal his convictions which will be (Feb 14th be 30 days from Jury Conviction date of Jan 15, 2016, it is on a Sunday. Monday Feb 15th is Presidents Day and a State / Federal Holiday. Since lawyers have ability to file directly onto the court site/docket I am unsure if either of these days matter nowdays as in courthouse being closed. Either way, we should be seeing what the automatic Appeal will consist of by this time next week.

Holiday Schedule:
The Pulaski Circuit/County Clerk&#8217;s office will be closed in observance of the following holidays:

New Year&#8217;s Day
Dr. Martin Luther King Day/Robert E Lee Day
Presidents&#8217; Day/Daisy Gatson Bates Day
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Veterans&#8217; Day
Thanksgiving Day
Day After Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day http://www.pulaskiclerk.com/our-office/hours-and-location/

:praying: Thoughts and Prayers for the Family and Loved Ones of Beverly Carter. May she Rest in Peace and for her Family and Loved Ones find some Peace and Comfort in their lives one day at a time. :heart:

NOPE, Not Arron Lewis .....but ......Crystal Lowery is back to placing ads :giggle: thought I would share :giggle: View attachment 88813

I don't know why, but my first thought and response was "EWWWWW!" I guess there is a bad girl following, like the bad boy kind. Otherwise, they wouldn't post these things.

I don't know why, but my first thought and response was "EWWWWW!" I guess there is a bad girl following, like the bad boy kind. Otherwise, they wouldn't post these things.

My first thought was the same as yours.

Did you the see ad right below Crystal's? Who writes and publishes that???? Quoting a bible verse when denouncing God

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jlop
Back