ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I don't understand why someone (e.g. SB) hasn't just simply stated it is a unrelated incident that is being/been dealt with. End of story/speculation for me at least.
I thought his answer was clear, but then I don't follow the chit chat on FB. EMT bag never was more than a passing rumor to me. One of the those things I weed out to prevent my mind being cluttered with noise. Then I hold it off to the side, just in case it comes into play later.

It's a problem solving method that works well in this setting, because on Websleuths, the rule is to discuss and theorize on facts confirmed by LE -- not the other way around.

BBM - EXACTLY! With so much law enforcement and searchers around, this person must have been desperate (if, in fact, it happened).

I think it did happen. Google "Leadore emt bag stolen" and click on the first two items.

JM has a record of something including lost of custody of her older children to her ex because of physical abuse. Please google, I can't find it now. :)

Not sure about Idaho law, but in California those type of legal documents and proceedings are not public. I have not heard that rumor myself but I know her ex husband supported her early in this case. I have no idea if that has changed but he was even a part of the search group in the first week. There is a short interview on youtube with the ex discussing the situation. I only bring that up because it seems to indirectly contradict the notion she lost custody due to abuse. They are still friends and he appeared genuine in his concern and efforts. I imagine he has been questioned more than once about JM.
Jmo....I may be off here but throwing it out.

Does anyone remember this question that was asked : Is it true that IR did a factory reset of his phone ? (paraphrased). I think I remember the answer was "no comment". I thought it was in the Klein / Bella's FB Q & A but it's not and I haven't found it anywhere else. I know I didn't just make this up .... TIA

No. I googled it and turned up nothing but I may have missed it. Regardless, a factory reset will not work if LE obtains a search warrant...data can still be retrieved off the device and through the carrier.

I thought his answer was clear, but then I don't follow the chit chat on FB. EMT bag never was more than a passing rumor to me. One of the those things I weed out to prevent my mind being cluttered with noise. Then I hold it off to the side, just in case it comes into play later.

It's a problem solving method that works well in this setting, because on Websleuths, the rule is to discuss and theorize on facts confirmed by LE -- not the other way around.

BBM.

I don't get it, bessie?

SB's first True Crime Radio interview:

10:12
TG: Okay, thank you, and I certainly understand why you can’t comment, but I have to ask or people get mad at me, you know how that goes. Okay! Sheriff Bowerman, uh this is something I have not heard of, but in our chatroom, uh one of our members brings it up, Steelman85901 asks, uh, to ask you about the EMT bag that was mentioned during the parents’ interview and then never mentioned again. Do you know what that is about by chance?

10:37
SB: You know I believe that one of the uh volunteers was up in the area and their vehicle was broke into. It might have been left unlocked, but something…an EMT bag was…was taken from them

10:53
TG: Mmm hmmm

10:53
SB: while they were up doing the search and uh

10:56
TG: So…but it wasn’t anything to do with

SB:
I’m not sure if we ever determined uh who took it or what the circumstances were surrounding that.

11:02
TG: Right. And so there’s no reason to even believe it had anything to do with Deorr’s case or his

11:07
SB: Not at the time, no.

This was two months after the fact and still very unclear and cagey about it IMO. It could have been nipped in the bud but wasn't. The last line from SB leaves it open ended.

BBM.

I don't get it, bessie?

SB's first True Crime Radio interview:

This was two months after the fact and still very unclear and cagey about it IMO. It could have been nipped in the bud but wasn't. The last line from SB leaves it open ended.

I've been looking for that for 15 minutes and couldn't find it. Thanks, :wave:

In all fairness to the investigaton I think we need to shut up about it. Maybe delete? I'm flagging my own comment for review.

It's all online - I don't think they would put the information online if it was something sensitive. Just MO, I'll let the mods decide.

It's no secret an EMT bag was stolen. The question is whether it's relevant to DeOrr's disappearance. The sheriff indicated that it is not. To speculate about different scenarios will only add to the rumors and cloud of confusion.

I'm not liking the way this thread is going. We've gone from parents are innocent, to POI's, to suspects, to (allegedly) abusers and with very little evidence for the latter. I hope above all things that they are not abusers and if they are not then any accusatory / speculating posts along those lines disappear when the time is right - otherwise it just seems wrong to me.

Meanwhile, a possible scenario just popped into my head that I want to share before I forget (it's late!).

What if DeOrr was kidnapped/abducted for some as yet unknown (but terrible) reason from his home back in Idaho Falls? Then JM & DK went on the camping trip with GGPa & IR with the sole purpose of forging an alibi of little DeOrr "being present at the campsite"? They arrive late Thursday evening and no-one seeing DeOrr could be explained by the hour and "he's sleeping".

Basically, what if they're lying about knowing where DeOrr is because they're being blackmailed by whoever has him?

To me this would explain
1) Why they look somewhat guilty in interviews
2) Why they've been untruthful in their answers to some key polygraph questions
3) Why DeOrr's things were at the campsite (cup, monkey, blanket) and there are traces of him having been in DK's vehicle (which gave the dogs something to hit on) - they made it seem like he was there
4) Why Klein intimated that when the full story breaks it will be shocking (my paraphrasing)
5) Why no-one outside of the 4 can confirm when DeOrr was last seen

:thinking:

Not sure about Idaho law, but in California those type of legal documents and proceedings are not public. I have not heard that rumor myself but I know her ex husband supported her early in this case. I have no idea if that has changed but he was even a part of the search group in the first week. There is a short interview on youtube with the ex discussing the situation. I only bring that up because it seems to indirectly contradict the notion she lost custody due to abuse. They are still friends and he appeared genuine in his concern and efforts. I imagine he has been questioned more than once about JM.
Jmo....I may be off here but throwing it out.

Do you, by any slim chance, have the link to that You Tube video? I watched it way back, but would like to watch it again.

I think it did happen. Google "Leadore emt bag stolen" and click on the first two items.

Thank you for pointing us in the right direction. I hope this clears this matter up once and for all. THE EMT BAG IS OF NO MATTER TO MISSING DEORR AND HERE'S PROOF (I cannot provide a link that will actually open, so please Google "Leadore EMT bag stolen" and click on the 2nd link). This will take you to a Word document which are minutes from the Board of County Commissioners meeting in Salmon, ID dated July 27, 2015. Here is the quote: "[FONT=&quot]The Board received a request for reimbursement to the Leadore EMT’s to replace a medical bag that was stolen during a Search and Rescue Operation. "

This now concludes the mystery of the stolen EMT bag. DeOrr's body was NOT smuggled out of the campsite in said bag! :gaah:
[/FONT]

I'm not liking the way this thread is going. We've gone from parents are innocent, to POI's, to suspects, to (allegedly) abusers and with very little evidence for the latter. I hope above all things that they are not abusers and if they are not then any accusatory / speculating posts along those lines disappear when the time is right - otherwise it just seems wrong to me.

Meanwhile, a possible scenario just popped into my head that I want to share before I forget (it's late!).

What if DeOrr was kidnapped/abducted for some as yet unknown (but terrible) reason from his home back in Idaho Falls? Then JM & DK went on the camping trip with GGPa & IR with the sole purpose of forging an alibi of little DeOrr "being present at the campsite"? They arrive late Thursday evening and no-one seeing DeOrr could be explained by the hour and "he's sleeping".

Basically, what if they're lying about knowing where DeOrr is because they're being blackmailed by whoever has him?

To me this would explain
1) Why they look somewhat guilty in interviews
2) Why they've been untruthful in their answers to some key polygraph questions
3) Why DeOrr's things were at the campsite (cup, monkey, blanket) and there are traces of him having been in DK's vehicle (which gave the dogs something to hit on) - they made it seem like he was there
4) Why Klein intimated that when the full story breaks it will be shocking (my paraphrasing)
5) Why no-one outside of the 4 can confirm when DeOrr was last seen

:thinking:

Very interesting scenario. I could MAYBE buy this story if there was some drug debt that they had failed to pay...

Very interesting scenario. I could MAYBE buy this story if there was some drug debt that they had failed to pay...

I agree. It's one of the theories that I've considered and have not completely thrown out yet. There were rumors in the beginning about owing somebody something or on the wrong side of bad people. Of course, they were just rumors..

Paraphrasing but I believe it was Klein who said the whole thing about drugs was a red herring. If he's telling the truth, I wonder what other "debts" could incur a child abduction?

Does anyone remember this question that was asked : Is it true that IR did a factory reset of his phone ? (paraphrased). I think I remember the answer was "no comment". I thought it was in the Klein / Bella's FB Q & A but it's not and I haven't found it anywhere else. I know I didn't just make this up .... TIA

You didn't make it up. I saw it too. Now if we could just remember where...I'll look again.

Paraphrasing but I believe it was Klein who said the whole thing about drugs was a red herring. If he's telling the truth, I wonder what other "debts" could incur a child abduction?

There are all sorts of things people can get themselves messed up in. Something to do with large amounts of money - Gambling comes to mind. There are actually Mexican drug cartel locations in that part of the US - very scary stuff - and local people, who are not drug users, have gotten themselves caught up in it for the money. They saw something or know something that somebody doesn't want them to divulge. Any number of story lines from your favorite Law & Order type show.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=954246757987919&id=937796576299604

Has that linked worked? And has it linked to MY facebook account?!

The link works and no, it's not linked to any account, other than the We Love You DeOrr Kunz Jr. Thanks for the link, too. I think some of the comments must have been deleted from the original post because they're not there? (or at least I'm not seeing them...) Original post: https://www.facebook.com/bellasfriendsuamc/posts/1688440941411392

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow