Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep 'em coming! I'm sitting here soaking it all up... at least until my book arrives. Listening for the mail truck! Watch, it snowed yesterday and rained today. If he doesn't get to us by quitting time... :gaah::gaah::banghead::maddening::desert:

Best quote yet....

(Flores read her Miranda rights, including her right to remain silent).

"But as I was going to see, remaining silent was not something she would ever do."

Pg. 65

I think the windows over the garage are the bathroom windows, facing south. Bedroom then is on the other side of the house, facing north, and with one small corner window facing east.

I watched that guy driving around video a bunch of times last night. It makes sense that his house had few windows facing east or west, given how hot it gets there.....

Makes sense, also too that the blinds on the east-facing window are closed, so morning light doesn't stream in towards the bed.

Keep the tidbits coming please...My book was supposed to come today but, due to 16 inches of snow falling since last night, it's not going to get here until tomorrow. aaaaaggggghhhhh

During a detailed analysis of what he observed about the killer while watching the Flores interog. tapes (a really really fine read), JM says he thought part of her preoccupation with sex pics was that" perhaps more than 6 were taken that afternoon."

After the memorial service (and about a page after he describes her bikini-shopping). The larger context is her weird and very un-griefstricken behaviour after returning from the killing.

When where and what context for the bikini shopping? They were plural bikinis? Where did she get the money for this stuff? I have never figured this out, and she was spending a lot of money.... She had to buy that new red blouse for the murder, too, and maybe the pants she got for the occasion 'cos they were cheap (not to mention blood wouldn't show up and they allowed her to be athletic).

You guys are all reading, so you aren't posting, lol. And Rickshaw Fan wants the scoop!

LOL. pg 71.

JM says she tried to stymie the investigation by not naming the car rental agency she'd used, "as if withholding it would make it impossible for the police to track her movements." (...but somehow managed to remember every other last detail about the car, including make and model) and "that it didn't have cruise control."

Here's a little something that is new to me:

"Though Arias had only met Ryan once, Angela recalled Jodi telling her how much she liked him, that he was her 'soul mate,' and that she was convinced the two would get married" (Chapter 9).

Is this new info?

I wonder if JA told Angela she knew she would marry Ryan because she'd had a dream about it right after she met him and that they would get married in the temple and that the angel on top of the temple sounded the trumpet in glory and admiration. I added that last part, natch, 'cos I'm sure Jodi imagined the angel would be vocalizing to the heavens on her behalf, but isn't this the same story she gave to Sky about Travis?

You guys are all reading, so you aren't posting, lol. And Rickshaw Fan wants the scoop!

Trying to do both. :)

JM definitely noticed just how cool calm and collected the killer was throughout the interogs, and knew she'd be like that on the stand.

She was being charged with 1st degree murder but seemed more interested in making herself the victim, complaining about being made to wear handcuffs and how cold it was in the room. JM heard her mumble clearly, within a few minutes---- its so f-cking cold in here.

He also picked up her keen interest in knowing what TA's family knew and how they were feeling.

You're very close.

Regarding my statement: "It was probably 3 am and he was burning the midnight oil and just had to know right then."

I forgot to add: I'm sure JM was very grateful that Walmart was open 24/7. Praise be to Walmart. Can you imagine what might have happened if it was closed for the night? Though I suppose he could have had the answer from any Walmart and not just the one where she made the purchase.

I doubt JM got much sleep that night. Was he in court the next day on another case? Lol.

JM says the first time she seemed flustered is when Flores knocked down the route she said she drove during lost time #1.

She was forced to concede that she'd driven on IS 10, but, scrambling, that she'd driven west on it, which as JM dryly notes, would have taken her to a beach in Santa Monica.

Last lines in chapter 5--(p. 78)

(Flores is leaving room giving her the false promise he's going to get some of those pics to show her).

"Arias called out to him as he rose to leave the room. 'Detective,' she wailed with a hurt look. 'I am not a murderer."

Equally Divided--

Here's a dream analysis (which is always meaningless unless its your own) ;)

JM represents the search for truth, a desire to see justice done, the comfort of knowing good can vanquish evil. Your dream of meaning intimate with him isn't sexual whatsoever, that's just how our literal brains take over in the morning.

Being intimate with JM in your dream represents your own need to seek out the truth, and to see that justice is done. And since we are all everyone we see in a dream, JM is the part of you that is not only the seeker, but the finder and the vanquisher. :). ;)

Yes. Exactly like that. Above, I put it in mythological terms, which are a concrete way of describing abstracts. People who know the truth and tell it (e.g. poets) do so from inspiration by a Muse. This is a highly eroticized and romantic relationship. New tidbit: The Muses are daughters of Mnemosyne (Greek for memory): yes, they are related to Memory. And....... the Greek word for "truth" corresponds to "not death." I would say we have these themes going big time in the Alexander case.

I would venture to bet that many posters here have had erotic dreams that reflect particles of this nexus: all somewhat prompted by the overt sexual content of the trial.

When where and what context for the bikini shopping? They were plural bikinis? Where did she get the money for this stuff? I have never figured this out, and she was spending a lot of money.... She had to buy that new red blouse for the murder, too, and maybe the pants she got for the occasion 'cos they were cheap (not to mention blood wouldn't show up and they allowed her to be athletic).

JM doesn't really elaborate. He merely mentions the bikini shopping (although I'm sure that on TV yesterday he said bikinis) as one of many examples of her inappropriate behaviour after the memorial ceremony. He also mentions what we already know: coming on to the guy on the plane and calling him at her first opportunity, Ryan Burns, etc. He doesn't mention anything about the source(s) of the money she spent--off topic, I suppose.

From my 'Twitter' account.

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 8m8 minutes ago
I would like to clear up some misconceptions arising from the Dr. Phil show. I will be forever grateful to Juan... http://fb.me/722pwly0H

:)

It's here.

The pics are so much better than we've seen. Only 1 or 2 of TA in shower, no date stamps, no sex pics from the 4th.

Here's one that 's interesting, tho. In same pic is a note from Travis which im guessing is the on she asked him to include in a package he sent her- i think of paperwork he was asking her to do or some such.

I can only read about half of it, but what I read sounded very much like PD have a great future kinda impersonal note. She must have spit tacks reading it, since what she demanded was a "sweet note."

Off to read....

That's Jodi's box? She'd got herself passport photos? Were they taken before the murder, i.e. in preparation for a trip to Cancun?

From my 'Twitter' account.

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 8m8 minutes ago
I would like to clear up some misconceptions arising from the Dr. Phil show. I will be forever grateful to Juan... http://fb.me/722pwly0H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420