GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting reading through all these posts - there seem to be several different stories from the Martens family and lawyers about how the children were taken away.
Regarding the complete lack of information about Molly online, could her FBI relatives had reason to "wipe" information in the past? Maybe she was involved in some scandal or got away with committing a crime, and they were over-zealous about eliminating any trace of it.
I think the simple explanation is that she was just a drifter who wanted to be a mother and so, as someone else suggested earlier, she preyed on single fathers with small children so she could end up with a ready made family. If she had a previous relationship like this prior to meeting Jason Corbett, and she was fairly unemployed (except for some steps towards a modelling career) so there is not much to learn.
I'm also curious why she chose Ireland. The names Molly and Sharon are typical Irish names, and her father described a "donnybrook" on the night of the murder. Did she choose Ireland because she had some family link to the place? It seems a long way to go for an unstable young girl who probably hadn't travelled much alone.

Welcome anniejay! :wagon:

Your comment above as to the possibility of MM searching the Internet, for a person such as Jason to sight her sights upon, is intriguing. I think this is a likely scenario, as the Internet is perfect for people to locate others to prey upon. Dating sites are ideal places for people with undesirable intentions to connect with a "victim." In this case, MM was looking for a ready made family, and finding a recent widower, with two young, attractive, children, was exactly what she was looking for. When she told her parents about finding Jason, they were probably ecstatic, as well. Now, their precious Molly would be out of their hair, and would have found her new family.

IMHO
If you go back and look at the messages from molshka from 2006 you'll see one of them was from a server in the uk...I can't say what sites she visited but any kind of discussion forum could lead to her finding Jason and offering to be nanny...do you think she did so with the intention of harming him or do you think she was just trying to belong somewhere?...

This article from August might help with the timeline. One interesting fact - people in the community were surprised to learn that Molly was not the biological mother of Jack and Sarah. So she was keeping it a secret, even from her new friends in the community. The Martens family is also spinning it that the reason he didn't want her to adopt the children was to stop her from leaving him. That's actually a good angle to take, but if the prosecution can show that he intended leaving her, then that angle disintegrates.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...o-ireland-that-never-took-place-31470861.html

Have you seen MPD? (Multiple personality disorder)
Have a look and see what you think..

If this is Molly's diagnosis then she could be found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity...and I would expect a motion filed soon to that effect...but it's said this particular defense is rarely successful and I just don't think we know enough about Molly to know...

If this is Molly's diagnosis then she could be found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity...and I would expect a motion filed soon to that effect...but it's said this particular defense is rarely successful and I just don't think we know enough about Molly to know...

She would also have to do some major back-pedalling to fit with the Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity. It sounds like the original family plan was to say that Tom single-handedly killed Jason to protect Molly. So she can sit back and raise the children without any interference and Tom would get a slap on the wrist at the most for this altruistic self-defense homicide. I'm guessing all their earlier statements to the police would have been along those lines... But the extent of Jason's injuries has exposed the truth. Dead men do tell tales.
So they would have to do some pretty thorough rewriting of their original story to get to a point where Molly was temporarily insane enough to batter Jason to death. Then they have to explain why didn't her father tell the truth if that was the case? Why did he participate in the temporary insanity? And why were her parents actively campaigning for a violently insane woman to have custody of the victim's two children?
I think their only hope now is to keep their mouths shut and let their lawyers paint emotional word pictures about what a great mother she was. Most people in their position do stick with their original story no matter how improbably it is and let everyone else argue about the inconvenient details.

She would also have to do some major back-pedalling to fit with the Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity. It sounds like the original family plan was to say that Tom single-handedly killed Jason to protect Molly. So she can sit back and raise the children without any interference and Tom would get a slap on the wrist at the most for this altruistic self-defense homicide. I'm guessing all their earlier statements to the police would have been along those lines... But the extent of Jason's injuries has exposed the truth. Dead men do tell tales.
So they would have to do some pretty thorough rewriting of their original story to get to a point where Molly was temporarily insane enough to batter Jason to death. Then they have to explain why didn't her father tell the truth if that was the case? Why did he participate in the temporary insanity? And why were her parents actively campaigning for a violently insane woman to have custody of the victim's two children?
I think their only hope now is to keep their mouths shut and let their lawyers paint emotional word pictures about what a great mother she was. Most people in their position do stick with their original story no matter how improbably it is and let everyone else argue about the inconvenient details.

I don't think Molly is insane but she would be if she has multiple personalities... I'm thinking bipolar because didn't Jason's bother say that was getting Jason down before he left for the US with Molly?...and then didn't a visitor to her home say she left her lithium lying around?...I think with any of these "affirmative defenses" though that the defense has to file a motion and notify the Court of their intent...soon.

Its not her diagnosis. But we only have her own alleged word for it that bi-polar is. Frequently MPDs are initially diagnosed as bi-polar schizophrenic, manic, neurotic etc etc. Whereas bi-polar involves one person experiencing different and increasing waves of elation, and all the 'feelgood' stuff that goes with the surges, the same person will invariably experience despair as the levels drop and they sink quite low. With MPD, however, the 'person' has actually multiple personalities, distinctly different in nature, some may even be of a different gender, accent changes, posture, facial expressions, it frequently occurs that one 'personality' does not recall what an alternating personality has done or said. Each 'personality' can be alienated from the next but also co-exist. By its nature, it can remain undetected and undiagnosed for years. But, if you come across it once or twice, its something you always know and recognise. A couple of years, no, more like 8 or 10 yrs ago I knew two people with this diagnosis. They were each extraordinarily convincing, it was really freaky, they seemed sane, every word they said was credible and there was no reason to look deeper, but the reality was that utterly different!
I have the same kind of feeling here, not that it will necessarily be of any use at all in sleuthing, but we need to reframe everything we know in order for new insights to arise, I think.
Re Amanda, yeah, pretty sure it is her. Well done finding it Hotchips. Not sure of her relationship with molly.. were they close or merely showing solidarity as family? Could this affect her credibility as a witness? It happened in 2009, 7 yrs ago..

If you go back and look at the messages from molshka from 2006 you'll see one of them was from a server in the uk...I can't say what sites she visited but any kind of discussion forum could lead to her finding Jason and offering to be nanny...do you think she did so with the intention of harming him or do you think she was just trying to belong somewhere?...

searchinGirl----I don't think she sought out Jason to do him harm, but she was desperate to be a mom. She sensed he was vulnerable and she saw those two adorable children who needed a new mother.

IMHO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/daughter-father-plead-guilty-nc-murder-case-36973645

This was posted on the supporters page, at the end of the video its reported she received a telephone message from jack which they play at the end.
interesting that ABC got this segment and local media in NC did not!!
The accent purporting to be from Jack has a Dublin tone , the child would never have been in Dublin, as far as I know.. horrible con. The ABC piece also stresses that she wants the children badly. And the father really should never be in court at all, according to his lawyer, he should in fact be the prosecutor!
All media is tainted but I do wonder why the NC media did not report this point last week following the hearing.

I don't think Molly is insane but she would be if she has multiple personalities... I'm thinking bipolar because didn't Jason's bother say that was getting Jason down before he left for the US with Molly?...and then didn't a visitor to her home say she left her lithium lying around?...I think with any of these "affirmative defenses" though that the defense has to file a motion and notify the Court of their intent...soon.
I was not looking it as a possible defence for her, more like a description.. something to tie all anomalies together. Jason's sister is reported as saying she was really surprised to learn, at their wedding, that Molly had told several people that Mags, Jason's first wife, was her penpal, when in actual fact she had never even known her.
So there was some embroidering going on there for some strange reason.
It could be as Frizby, I think said that she had to get outa town fast in 2006, following some 'escapade', and its possible this was a story she used to excuse her fast departure to those who knew her.
Seemingly pointless lies, no gain to be made from them at all.. yet that was what she presented to some people..

Does it being from a UK server mean it was routed via UK or is it more likely that she was in UK just before she came to Ireland?

The Justice for Jason page has posted that the voice mail played on ABC news is not Jack. Can anyone else remember MM posting that she had received a call from a child - not J or S - a few weeks ago and her friends stating how terrible it was that the family were tormenting her. It seems that post has disappeared since. The J4J page have also stated that the letter was not written by J and S.

My theory/opinion is that she registered with a site or service that connects and/or places au pairs and nannies with families abroad. I don't think she intended to harm anyone, but I do think she was attracted to a family with no mother present with the intent of filling that role. I'd love to find a cached page from said au pair service and read her profile, not holding my breath on ever finding that though. There was one particular video on her facebook some months ago of the kids singing the national anthem at a swim meet, she stood over them in such a way that only shouted overbearing and obsessive to me, my opinion. All of her and her friends ramblings about supposed calls/voicemails, the letters etc are just that ramblings. Even if there was any truth to them, it has no relevance (that I can think of) in the upcoming case. I believe they are just the stories of a woman trying to prove to anyone who will listen that her stepchildren would prefer to live with her. It's like for months, until they were actually charged, she appeared to forget that her husband was dead and the manner of his death, it was all just about custody, nothing else. I have seen the yahoo posts as well, until I found this websleuths forum, I had nowhere to discuss this piece of information, I found it on a reverse search of her gmail address. If we knew any of her previous or other email addresses, we might be able to dig deeper.

i am unsure what to think of the child's call. i dont believe it is jack. It was stated by her sister in law in a statement to the press last month that she had a recieved a called from a child, not jack or sarah, that was very upsetting. Do I think people might call her to torment her.... yes I do. Now, no other news station reported on this call. Maybe it was played in court in a different context and ABC interpreted it in a different way. Perhaps it was played in Court as an example of the intimidation she claims to be a victim of and ABC have put a different slant on it.... to stir the pot so to speak... I dont have great faith in the press to report 100% accurately, different spins can be put on things to make it more dramatic.....

Can anyone tell me if posts can be privatised for members only viewing on this forum or is it all public?

i am unsure what to think of the child's call. i dont believe it is jack. It was stated by her sister in law in a statement to the press last month that she had a recieved a called from a child, not jack or sarah, that was very upsetting. Do I think people might call her to torment her.... yes I do. Now, no other news station reported on this call. Maybe it was played in court in a different context and ABC interpreted it in a different way. Perhaps it was played in Court as an example of the intimidation she claims to be a victim of and ABC have put a different slant on it.... to stir the pot so to speak... I dont have great faith in the press to report 100% accurately, different spins can be put on things to make it more dramatic.....

That was it! I knew I had read somewhere about a child calling. The accent is completely off; he has spent his life in Limerick and North Carolina and the child did not sound like his accent was from either. I would have thought if it was played in court more news outlets would have run with the story.

Such great sleuthing!

A very powerful post on the Corbett family page today refuting the lies. I'm thrilled that they are leading with the autopsy. That autopsy link should be placed under every article about this case. The Martens need to wear their actions, their murderous rage like a tee shirt.

The autopsy needs to be read by as many of the general public as possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-was-violent-or-a-heavy-drinker-34355748.html
Her is the link to her interview in which she talks about the phone call. I can't see how Abc would have got it unless it was passed on by either the Martens themselves or the legal team

i am of the belief that it may have been played or released in the courtroom. the only advantage I would think it could have to them is if it was released or played in order to show she has been receiving crank calls etc and being allegedly intimidated. Its all in how it is interpreted and the media is selective in what it releases as well. It would be a bizarre move if their stellar legal team release a recording and say it was Jack calling her when only last month they said she had recieved a crank call from a child and that they knew it was not him. If it was indeed believed to be a genuine call from Jack, the press would have jumped on it I reckon and the martens would most likely have released statements saying they knew the kids missed molly and would not stop til they regained custody etc etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592